The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PGA Tour: Masters Champion, via the process of elimination: Notes from the Ballwasher

+28
incontinentia
super_realist
Skydriver
Taylorman
Shotrock
Plunky
thedamned3putt
Dave.
Good Golly I'm Olly
sportform
EmmDee57
Be_the_ball
GPB
barragan
I'm never wrong
Diggers
Redrage
Leff
monty junior
mystiroakey
Fader
ryan86
McLaren
djlovesyou
NedB-H
WillyGilly
kwinigolfer
princedracula
32 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

PGA Tour: Masters Champion, via the process of elimination: Notes from the Ballwasher - Page 6 Empty PGA Tour: Masters Champion, via the process of elimination: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by princedracula Sun 08 Apr 2012, 10:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

leeeeeee!!

princedracula

Back to top Go down

PGA Tour: Masters Champion, via the process of elimination: Notes from the Ballwasher - Page 6 Empty Re: PGA Tour: Masters Champion, via the process of elimination: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by super_realist Tue 10 Apr 2012, 3:09 pm

Once again you guys miss the point. The only countries/continents I see banging on about religion are America and Africa.

If you are so mentally weak you need a crutch based on a figment of your imagination to get you through the day then fine, just don't talk about it unless you are asked.

Religion has almost no place in life, and absolutely none in Golf/sport.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

PGA Tour: Masters Champion, via the process of elimination: Notes from the Ballwasher - Page 6 Empty Re: PGA Tour: Masters Champion, via the process of elimination: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by McLaren Tue 10 Apr 2012, 3:20 pm

Super

In theory the Americans have more separation of state and religion through their constitution than we do. Sadly there is nothing the constitution seems to be able to do about the massive power of religious based lobbying groups and people in power.

In Britain (or at least England) our head of state and church are one and the same.

Not that I am suggesting constitutional theory in any way reflects the two realities of life in the UK and USA.

But for once I suspect we strongly agree on the same point, that religion has no place in schools, workplaces, politics or any other aspect of life outside private homes and places of worship.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 10 Apr 2012, 3:21 pm

mystiroakey wrote:
Diggers wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:Mclarean, thankfully many of the english/british bible bashers became americans!

I do find it funny how certain people forget the truth when it comes to colanisation and automatically assume it was the british- no it is actually on the whole the poeple that stayed in the said countries but have adopted a new nationality

I think it took a few generations for that to happen. The first colonialists would have classified themselves and indeed their children as being British (or French, or German, or whatever). They didnt move over and decide they were instantly Americans or Australians, it was a bit of a longer process.

Yep i get that. My point being though certain powerfull brits that did some knarley stuff could be ancestors from people who are americans, canadians , aussies, saffas etc- but the history books will tell you it was the british- that blame sticks. A point worth mentioning i feel!

I think colonialists get the blame for anything that happened up until the colony became independant and a country in its own right. Obviously though how it becomes independant has an impact on this, America fought for it and Australia gained it through due process having first become a domionion. So in the first instance the control of the British govt was taken away and the new nation very much had a sense of independant identity, however with Australia this was not the case to the extent that even today the Queen is head of state though possibly for not much longer.
Its certainly a bit of a blurred area but the one thing in common usually is that the indigenous populations never did too well out of the deal.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 10 Apr 2012, 3:40 pm

Tee times already published for this week's RBC Heritage; some excellent groupings, perhaps highlighted by Brandt Snedeker being accompanied by his two play-off victims: (Luke Donald (here last year) and Kyle Stanley (ten weeks ago in San Diego).
(Harrington grouped with Els and Haas.)

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Tue 10 Apr 2012, 3:54 pm

S_R - You wish I would stop taking things literally ... I wish you would stop with the overarching stereotypes of Americans!

Absolutely no offense ... but I will always speak up, which I suppose also fits into a possible stereotype of someones Smile

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 10 Apr 2012, 4:10 pm

Don't really see why you are getting upset SR, it's just a stereotype. It might not fit you, but it does fit a great many bible bashing, southern inbred rednecks.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 10 Apr 2012, 4:12 pm

Super

Have you ever considered educating yourself on something before posting?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 10 Apr 2012, 4:22 pm

By educating myself Mac, do you mean looking up Wikipedia like you do?

Stereotypes exist for a reason. I'm sure I live up to the stereotype of being a parsimonious, dour, peevish and negative Scotsman, so what. Bubba comes across as a mulleted, southern, bible bashing redneck. Doesn't make him a bad person, just means he lives up to his stereotype.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Tue 10 Apr 2012, 4:26 pm

He doesn't have a mullet. His hair is long at the sides too.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Tue 10 Apr 2012, 5:32 pm

i reckon the more angry you all become about this the more likely you are to convert angel shalom

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 10 Apr 2012, 10:54 pm

Here's the secret, political incorrect, Bubba post-Masters interview (at least how we would have wanted it):

Interviewer: "Bubba, this being Easter Sunday, did you feel somebody special was walking with you today on the golf course?"

Bubba: "Yes, absolutely. And after hole 2 he was even capable of walking on water. Furthermore, he was peculiar looking and talked like he came from another world. But after Amen Corner I pulled a few double-crosses and finally managed to nail him."

Last edited by pedro on Tue 10 Apr 2012, 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 10 Apr 2012, 11:08 pm

By the way, it seems our friend Olazabal was a bit in a hurry escaping Augusta on Friday. At least he was handcuffed and fined 600 $ for speeding.... Run
Did Elin chase him with a 7-iron?

Last edited by pedro on Tue 10 Apr 2012, 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Tue 10 Apr 2012, 11:08 pm

Cap't Ollie caught speeding for going 97 MPH in Georgia! On his way to Hilton Head

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by Leff Wed 11 Apr 2012, 12:18 am

Here is from USA Today:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/Religion/post/2012/04/bubba-watson-tim-tebow-jesus-christian/1#.T4S_IM2ypUM

Leff

Back to top Go down

Post by NedB-H Wed 11 Apr 2012, 12:27 am

Do we know of any tour golfers who expressly aren't religious, be it atheist or agnostic? Pretty sure I've read that David Feherty is atheist, not sure of any others though. Wonder if the same rule applies as the one about an atheist getting in the White House...

NedB-H

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 11 Apr 2012, 12:33 am

Ned

There may be only one thing worse than a religious type banging on about religion and that is an over the top atheist. I dont believe in many things and dont feel I need a classification to help me live with that.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 11 Apr 2012, 8:08 am

most brits are agnostic or just call em selfs christian, yet its not really worth talking about to much is it and that is healthy. atheism requires just as much blind faith as someone that believes in a god!- it is a religion in itself- i remeber my mates dad used to go to church every sunday- lol and he went to athesist church!! work that out..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 11 Apr 2012, 9:14 am

Atheist church. Ha ha. That's an oxymoron if I ever heard of one.

Incidently has anyone seen the god squads (crane, Mullet, Fower etc) music video on YouTube. Truly horrible and cringeworthy stuff, the sort of thing that deserves the participants to be euthanised.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 11 Apr 2012, 10:08 am

I didnt mind the video, thought it showed a sense of humour and more importantly a bit of self parody and therefore self awareness which is lacking in an awful lot of celebs/sports stars.
Not saying I would have watched it more than once but they were just having a bit of a laugh.
Heard of people going to humanist church but atheist church is a weird one, pagans ?

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Wed 11 Apr 2012, 10:19 am

Is Titleist a religion?

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 11 Apr 2012, 10:24 am

Is Titleist a religion?

No, but my love of Tiger surely counts as worship?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 11 Apr 2012, 10:33 am

Given your glory hunting history Mac, how come the man sausage that is Woods is still your god?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 11 Apr 2012, 10:39 am

What glory hunting past?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 11 Apr 2012, 10:41 am

Man U, Maclaren, Tiger Woods etc etc.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 11 Apr 2012, 10:42 am

McLaren I am considering starting a religion based on the teachings of Tiger, looking for founder members at the moment if you're interested. Super you are also welcome to join the Tigerology movement once you repent your past blasphemies against the messiah.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 11 Apr 2012, 10:44 am

Incontent. I'll be the pontious plate to your Jesus, plus I'm more than happy to drill some nails through Woods hands

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Wed 11 Apr 2012, 10:49 am

he's not the messiah. he's a naughty naughty boy.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 11 Apr 2012, 10:53 am

Nah he's just a pr!ck Ban.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 11 Apr 2012, 10:59 am

One of the rules of Tigerology has to be that the members must of copious amounts of sex. We all know super would fail to hold up that commandment.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 11 Apr 2012, 11:03 am

Actually Mac, I'm happy to announce my drought is over (just in time for me to move to Aberdeen Rolling Eyes )

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 11 Apr 2012, 11:29 am

No doubt there is now some lucky woman with high confidence after recieving the ever positive super realist treatement?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Wed 11 Apr 2012, 11:34 am

Good tournament as usual.Won by lefty but probably not the one we expected.'Its only a game of golf'

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 11 Apr 2012, 12:07 pm

super_realist wrote:Actually Mac, I'm happy to announce my drought is over (just in time for me to move to Aberdeen Rolling Eyes )
Don't worry Super, In sure they have hookers in Aberdeen as well.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Wed 11 Apr 2012, 12:38 pm

So has Ross Fisher converted from Titleism to Tigerology?

Seems to be the case given the swoosh logo on his head these days. But perhaps he's having 2nd thoughts - I believe he was quoted as saying it's taking him a while to get used to his new [Nike] equipment.

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu 12 Apr 2012, 11:03 am

Bubba at Letterman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gbmXB6cNGfg

He actually comes out as quite a nice guy (Bubba that is!!)

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 12 Apr 2012, 12:30 pm

i couldnt believe that fisher is as long as he is in terms of driving!

he hits it way out there

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 12 Apr 2012, 12:31 pm

Fisher used to be a superb driver, long and accurate, pleasure to watch when I followed him.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 12 Apr 2012, 12:34 pm

A Green keeper mate of mine used to play with him at wenty a few times. Supposed to be a top lad- in actual fact they got me in for a free round on the edingbourgh course once!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by princedracula Sun 22 Apr 2012, 2:52 pm

I know the Masters is over, but just came across this unusual picture...

Augusta National in infrared (apparently that's Tiger teeing off at the 12th)...

Spoiler:

princedracula

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 22 Apr 2012, 3:02 pm

That's spectacular!
Especially like the little cloud (or is it vatican-like puffs of smoke from Billy Payne and the committee as they vote for women/ethnic-minority members? Presumably no-one elected and that little cloud will vanish.).

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Sun 22 Apr 2012, 5:30 pm

I take a lot of infra red pictures with an adapted digital camera. Sunny landscapes look the best, with lots of foliage. Images of people do not work well, as they appear ill. Golf courses would lend themselves well to infra red pictures, if they are designed with thought.

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6