The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lembit Opik to make wrestling debut (not a late aprils fool)

+3
dyrewolfe
John-Original Name King
ncfc_Tooze
7 posters

Go down

Lembit Opik to make wrestling debut (not a late aprils fool) Empty Lembit Opik to make wrestling debut (not a late aprils fool)

Post by ncfc_Tooze Mon 16 Apr 2012, 3:25 pm

Spoiler:

He's probably not going to have any WWE wrestling stars worried.
Lanky Lib Dem Lembit Opik stepped away from politics and made his professional debut in the wrestling ring this weekend - dressed in a suit.
The former MP - who has already starred in a music video and attempted stand-up comedy - got his first taste of the squared circle on Friday.

Playing a spectator, Opik stood up and accused 18-stone professional wrestler Kade Callous of cheating during his bout.
He squared up to Callous, who grabbed the shocked-looking 46-year-old by the scruff of the neck before hurling him into the ring.

The nervous-looking politician then crawled away on all fours before being cornered by the towering wrestler as the crowd cheered on.
After being 'saved' by good-guy wrestler Iestyn Rees, Opik exchanged insults with his tormentor before challenging him to a tag-team match in June.
Later in the show, Opik was seen to get revenge when he dragged Callous over the top rope on to the floor.

The set-piece was a preview of Opik's first full bout, which will take place on June 2 this year when he will team up with 'Welsh Dragon' Rees to take on Kade Callous and a secret opponent.
Opik's three-minute ring appearance was part of a sell-out event in Welshpool, North Wales - at the centre of his old constituency - organised by Welsh Wrestling.
A sell-out crowd at the town hall chanted his name as he announced that he would be participating in the tag-team match in six weeks' time.

Speaking after the appearance, Opik said he was already making preparations for his full debut.
He said: 'I imagine I'm the first MP to get inside a professional wrestling ring.
'I'm going to have to do a lot of training, I've got a lot to learn, I can only do my best.
'Kade Callous might think I'm a wimpy ex-MP but I've had him out of the ring once and I'll do it again on June 2.

'It's not how I was originally planning to spend the jubilee weekend but I'm looking forward to it - the eyes of the wrestling world will be on this ring then.'
Promoter Mike Breeze, who has been working in wrestling for 35 years, said he was excited about the addition of Opik to the wrestling roster.
He said: 'I know he's pretty fit anyway but he said he's going to be hitting the gym every day for the next six weeks.
'He's taking it very seriously.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-21...e-wrestler.html

Video of the angle on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEqzNk2qUNU

Last edited by ncfc_Tooze on Mon 16 Apr 2012, 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Working link added)

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Lembit Opik to make wrestling debut (not a late aprils fool) Empty Re: Lembit Opik to make wrestling debut (not a late aprils fool)

Post by John-Original Name King Mon 16 Apr 2012, 4:26 pm

That youtube link doesn't work mate. Good read though.

John-Original Name King

Back to top Go down

Lembit Opik to make wrestling debut (not a late aprils fool) Empty Re: Lembit Opik to make wrestling debut (not a late aprils fool)

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 16 Apr 2012, 4:29 pm

Good grief.

Ric Flair could take him out with his little finger. Rolling Eyes
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Mon 16 Apr 2012, 4:29 pm

Does this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEqzNk2qUNU

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Marsh Mon 16 Apr 2012, 4:31 pm

That is brilliant Laugh

I hope his entrance music is the cheeky song

Marsh

Back to top Go down

Post by John-Original Name King Mon 16 Apr 2012, 4:47 pm

ncfc_Tooze wrote:Does this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEqzNk2qUNU

Yes Smile Thanks!

John-Original Name King

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Mon 16 Apr 2012, 5:27 pm

Good idea really. Who can draw heat more than politicians lol!!!

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 16 Apr 2012, 7:47 pm

I have Lembits email address - maybe I should ask him for a interview!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Mon 16 Apr 2012, 7:57 pm

go for it hobonator

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Sat 21 Apr 2012, 6:00 pm

another Lembit at wrestling video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHoKt7IX8sQ

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down