The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

****HENSON NEWS **** <GLOBAL STICKY THIS MODS>

+7
formerly known as Sam
Smirnoffpriest
Kingshu
Effervescing Elephant
dogtooth
ScarletSpiderman
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
11 posters

Go down

****HENSON NEWS **** <GLOBAL STICKY THIS MODS> Empty ****HENSON NEWS **** <GLOBAL STICKY THIS MODS>

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Tue 26 Jun 2012, 6:34 pm

http://www.espnscrum.com/wales/rugby/story/166234.html

Tumbleweed

Slow news day then

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

****HENSON NEWS **** <GLOBAL STICKY THIS MODS> Empty Re: ****HENSON NEWS **** <GLOBAL STICKY THIS MODS>

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 27 Jun 2012, 12:04 pm

I wonder if the journo look at what people post on here taking the wizz and think that they can pass it off as proper news.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

****HENSON NEWS **** <GLOBAL STICKY THIS MODS> Empty Re: ****HENSON NEWS **** <GLOBAL STICKY THIS MODS>

Post by dogtooth Fri 29 Jun 2012, 10:28 am

gavin henson will be the main protag in GTA V
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 02 Jul 2012, 12:29 pm

Looks like now London Welsh are promoted Henson will be linking back up with Lyn Jones and Sonny Parker
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Mon 02 Jul 2012, 12:38 pm

Scarlets fans breathing a sigh of relief or was there no substance to that particular rumour?
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 02 Jul 2012, 12:41 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:Scarlets fans breathing a sigh of relief or was there no substance to that particular rumour?

What I can gather Henson to Scarlets was a twitter-fueled rumour with no realistic grounds. That said a breath of relief when I read LW were back in talks with him. Could be a good signing for player and team. Henson has only ever really seemed to perform for Lyn Jones, and has been a total twonk for any other coach (before and after) so fngers crossed.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Mon 02 Jul 2012, 1:00 pm

Lodon Welsh a team thaat will be struggling to avoid relagation, is that Hensons level now? or just the only option he has left (nobody wants him).

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Mon 02 Jul 2012, 1:15 pm

Kingshu wrote:Lodon Welsh a team thaat will be struggling to avoid relagation, is that Hensons level now? or just the only option he has left (nobody wants him).

I think you've said it - there's no one else left. Certainly no Welsh region will touch him, the Irish don't need him (besides Connacht - but he'd consider them beneath him!), the Scottish clubs have done a lot of recruiting and seemingly showed no interest in him.

And he's not up to the physical standard required yet (needs a good hard pre-season and some friendlies), his attitude is questionable as well.

Personally I wouldn't be suprised if he does a decent job at LW but gets bored with not being playing at the 'top' or in the headlines and then quits rugby to do another cheap TV show.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 02 Jul 2012, 1:40 pm

I think this will probably be his last season in pro rugby unless he has an absolute stormer. LW are likely to get slaughtered by every other side in the AP and get relegated. Henson won't want to play Championship rugby and so will go back to TV when that happens and probably stay there unless a Japanese team take a punt on him.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Mon 02 Jul 2012, 3:47 pm

What's the nightlife like in Oxford? Always pictured it as quiet with lots of murders and classic cars. Not sure where i got that impression from...
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Mon 02 Jul 2012, 5:03 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:What's the nightlife like in Oxford? Always pictured it as quiet with lots of murders and classic cars. Not sure where i got that impression from...

OMG you've just found Hensons next TV role!

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Mon 02 Jul 2012, 8:13 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:What's the nightlife like in Oxford? Always pictured it as quiet with lots of murders and classic cars. Not sure where i got that impression from...

Making Lewis look as brilliant as Morse? There's something not quite right about that...

Oxford has a pretty busy nightlife, as any sizeable city with a big student population does. The problem for Henson is that I can see him getting into fights with Townies and trouble with Gown.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Mon 02 Jul 2012, 10:37 pm

I would have thought he'd be courting offers from Japan at the moment. That's where the money is, and no-one over here is going to pay top dollar for him.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Tue 03 Jul 2012, 1:02 pm

Poorfour wrote:
Smirnoffpriest wrote:

Making Lewis look as brilliant as Morse? There's something not quite right about that...

Oxford has a pretty busy nightlife, as any sizeable city with a big student population does. The problem for Henson is that I can see him getting into fights with Townies and trouble with Gown.

I'd love it you could do an Inspector Morse remake, but he'd be a bumbling permatanned cretin more interested in his tan than solving clues, starring Henson and backed up by Cipriani as his Lewis!

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Tue 03 Jul 2012, 1:35 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:
Poorfour wrote:
Smirnoffpriest wrote:

I'd love it you could do an Inspector Morse remake, but he'd be a bumbling permatanned cretin more interested in his tan than solving clues, starring Henson and backed up by Cipriani as his Lewis!

Henson and Cipriani, Private D icks! Brilliant idea!
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Thu 05 Jul 2012, 8:55 am

todays scrum.com headline :

LONDON WELSH SET TO APPROACH HENSON

Article content

London Welsh boss Lyn Jones now faces the task of building a squad fit for the Premiership and Taylor claims there are around six spots left in the squad for some top quality players. The side have been linked with Gavin Henson and Tom Voyce recently, but Taylor claims they are focusing on bolstering their pack.

"It's a matter of 'watch this space' regarding our recruitment," Taylor said. "We've been planning in parallel for the last month with two different budgets - one for the Championship and one for the Premiership.

They really are desperate to make this Henson story happen arent they!

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Thu 05 Jul 2012, 9:24 am

TBH if he went to London Welsh to try and rekindle his love of rugby, and then LW lose say 8 of thier first 10 games, would he be back loving rugby? I say he'd be back on tv in Jan.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Fri 06 Jul 2012, 11:19 am

news out today, the Shard was originaly going to be named after henson but 'the giant pr1ck' was eventually rejected.
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Fri 06 Jul 2012, 11:28 am

Latest news is that along with London Welsh some other English clubs are interested, as well as some French clubs.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Fri 06 Jul 2012, 1:58 pm

'henson can help london welsh survive in the premiership.' brynmor williams.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/wales/18720499

and london welsh captain offering a welcome to henson

'Gavin is a quality individual, he has had a bit of a rough time lately, but on his day he is unplayable. He is that good," Mills told BBC London. '

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/18738821

horray for henson. i told the guys at london welsh to hire henson or i wouldnt go to any of their games
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 06 Jul 2012, 5:22 pm

dogtooth wrote: but on his day he is unplayable

Yes Id noticed most of his clubs have refused to play him

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Wed 11 Jul 2012, 8:50 pm

http://www.espnscrum.com/premiership-2012-13/rugby/story/166969.html

they are just taking the p1ss now. Cant the RFU bring in rules to stop clubs this ridiculous getting in the jeff?

"We will use Gavin as a No.10 primarily and there are not too many really top-class No.10s that you can pick up with two months' notice," Taylor told Wales Online. "It was a god-send to have someone of his quality available. We think he can do a great job for us on the field. He is a very talented player.

I can only assume he had "Clause 36" added to his contract and demanded to be allowed to play 10.

Good luck with that one LW.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Thu 26 Jul 2012, 8:02 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/19002740

"Henson is not just a publicity stunt"

No, but what he is rhymes with that

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 26 Jul 2012, 10:19 pm

PSW - He may have lost some bulk but I wouldn't call him a runt
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 27 Jul 2012, 9:50 am

I got sent this email on Tuesday.

Hello there!
We are aware that it's rather short notice, but we thought that you might be interested to know that audience tickets are now available for a brand new series hosted by some new creations from the Jim Henson Company! As with all of our shows, the tickets are FREE!

GAMES INC.
What do we do at Games Inc.? We play games!
Join us for a screening of Games Inc., the extraordinary new BBC1 Saturday night showbiz extravaganza from BBC Entertainment and the Jim Henson Company, in which a cast of hilarious puppet characters pit two big name celebrities against each other in a series of outlandish games.
Find out whether it's Charlotte Church or Dara O'Briain who wins the title of Most Winning Celebrity - and get a laugh-packed insight into the backstage world of the puppet characters who've put the show together.
It's celebrity gameshow meets puppet comedy and it's fun for all the family - it's Games Inc.!
The screening will take place at BBC TV Centre on Wednesday 25th July 2012, so if you'd like to be the first to see this hilarious new show, then apply now via our website at http://www.sroaudiences.com

Poor Charlotte can't seem to get away from Hensons or muppets Wink

Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 27 Jul 2012, 9:58 am

Maybe that's Hensons ploy to get in the same room as Charotte. The thing he's overlooked though is that she's obviously got a liking for muppets so he may face competition from all the other characters...

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Fri 27 Jul 2012, 2:38 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:
dogtooth wrote: but on his day he is unplayable

Yes Id noticed most of his clubs have refused to play him

sorry it late pete but this made me laugh. thumbsup

also would LW rather have Henson, or animal in their team for this season.

TBH I think I'd go with Henson, Animal would end up getting Banned and missing games, but then so will Henson when I'm a celeb, on ice something or other starts again. So Animal, he'd put some fear in the other teams if he was playing.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down