The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Travel Reviews Section

+2
TopHat24/7
Fists of Fury
6 posters

Go down

Travel Reviews Section Empty Travel Reviews Section

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 09 Aug 2012, 3:05 pm

Hi all

You have probably already noticed, but I have added a specific Travel Reviews section within this travel forum.

If you have been somewhere memorable, or are going somewhere and wish to write about it, please do so in that section. It can include anything from hints and tips, do's and dont's, prices, highlights etc, and will be a pretty good way for other forum users to get an insight in to places they've not yet visited.

You never know, if it's good enough Adam might be persuaded to include your travel piece on his v2journal project.

Thanks

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Travel Reviews Section Empty Re: Travel Reviews Section

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 13 Mar 2014, 11:33 am

Nice to see everyone really took to this.......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 13 Mar 2014, 6:10 pm

Venice  -  Heaven on Earth
---------------------------

Some years ago now might have been 2005........Myself and Joanne parked Robbie with the In-laws and celebrated our anniversary in Venice.....Good thing for me was that it's a shortish flight I hate long haul which is one reason I tend to limit my trips home to the USA as it's nearly three times as long to reach there.

Anyway Venice........Once you've arrived, parked your bags in the Hotel had a good rest and whatever!! raspberry .. The first attraction is the Piazza San Marco..(The Town square, Napoleon called it the centre of the Earth or something like that!!))..Which plays host to the beautiful church of St Mark on one side and on the other the famous clocktower.......It also contains Doge's palace which is a famous museum which houses all kinds of art from renaissance paintings, strange ornaments and all sorts of eye catching pieces generally.....(Both My Wife and I collect art .........She is a fan of Fanch Ledan and I love the Japanese fluxus artist AY-O...I collect Murano glass also but that is by the by).......For Women that love to shop there is also plenty of shops in the Square.

One problem is the mass of birds that congregate ..One has to watch they don't get some white sauce on their head...

One can't spend time in venice without exploring the waterways.......Gondolas are fairly expensive to rent.........Can come with or without a Gondolier they did back then anyway......A gondolier will cost you more.....Though It's more romantic to have somebody steering...Especially the way my Wife drives.....

Eating out I'd suggest one of the restaurants by the Grand canal..........Watching the sunset come in and a beautiful sunset it is too..........Having dinner while your Wife whispers sweet nothings in your ear....

The food was excellent especially the pasta.....But the wine sucks all Italian wine does....Valpolicella and other crap avoid......Italian wine always seems to have a kick to it and never seems to taste fruity .....Red wine always go for South American is my advice....Never tried the white wine although My lady seemed to like the stuff especially when I was doing a lot of talking !!........

NB ...Venice is known for it's fish dishes.....Unfortunately I got ill when I was in Marbella some years before after eating fish......and lost about five pounds in three days..even worse I lost the good healthy tan I'd accrued up till then !!

Visit Venice though...........As one who tends to holiday in Belgium or Spain......It was a great few days and somewhere everyone should aspire to go before they die !!..

Cheers Trussy.............

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu 13 Mar 2014, 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 13 Mar 2014, 7:11 pm

Albufeira

Was sh1t.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 13 Mar 2014, 7:25 pm

I went to Yorkshire yesterday. I saw a Nandos. For the first time in my life.

I was enthralled.

The end.

PS: National Express coach journeys are long and arduous...and best avoided.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 13 Mar 2014, 7:27 pm

I've traveled back and forward by train between Edinburgh and Leeds 3 times in the last six days and I have to it all again next week. The highlights so far:
- my pa booking tickets for the wrong day meaning I had no reserved seat
- no catering whatsoever between Edinburgh and Leeds on Monday night
- the old guy that smelled of p*ss that got on the train at Darlington and stayed on until Edinburgh
- the unidentified person that did eggy farts between Dunbar and Newcastle
- the general state of the toilets

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 13 Mar 2014, 9:01 pm

Duty281 wrote:I went to Yorkshire yesterday. I saw a Nandos. For the first time in my life.

I was enthralled.

The end.

PS: National Express coach journeys are long and arduous...and best avoided.

Went to Bath last Saturday by National Express coach, the driver was psychotic.  He bollocked a couple who arrived a minute after the departure time for being late, he bollocked someone who stood up to look for something in their luggage and he bollocked someone at Reading who asked if the bus was going to Doncaster.  I was afraid to eat my chicken and salsa wrap in case it set him off.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down