The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Edinburgh Fringe

3 posters

Go down

Edinburgh Fringe Empty Edinburgh Fringe

Post by spencerclarke Tue 21 Aug 2012, 1:37 pm

Afternoon all,

I just got back from the Edinburgh Fringe on Sunday afternoon and wondered if anyone had thoughts on any thing I missed. The entire weekend was brilliant with so much to see. I will have to go for a week next year. One of the highlights for me was seeing Neil Delamere. A great comedian that I had heard a fair bit about on 5 lives fighting talk. Very quick witted and able to tell a good story. His piece included him showing embarrassing bits of him doing a quiz show in Northern Ireland when he was at school.

There was such a buzz walking around the city and some of the stand out moments were from just randomly walking into the free venues.

Thoughts anyone?

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Edinburgh Fringe Empty Re: Edinburgh Fringe

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 22 Aug 2012, 2:35 pm

Neil Delamere is brilliant isn't he Spencer?

This should probs be transferred to the Travel section tho. My comments on Edinburgh and the Fringe are already in there.

I went last year and this and it's always great fun, we go for a long weekend - up on the train Fri, back Mon, which always works well.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed 22 Aug 2012, 2:46 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Neil Delamere is brilliant isn't he Spencer?

This should probs be transferred to the Travel section tho. My comments on Edinburgh and the Fringe are already in there.

I went last year and this and it's always great fun, we go for a long weekend - up on the train Fri, back Mon, which always works well.

Good call TopHat, I'll move it shortly Smile
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 22 Aug 2012, 2:51 pm

I got to see two of the acts nominated for Best Newcomer - Joe Lycett and Daniel Simonsen. Both very funny, Joe probably the best of the whole weekend and definitely one to watch out for:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-19342047

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Wed 22 Aug 2012, 10:21 pm

Cheers tophat, I'll keep a look out. Yeah Neil delamere is excellent. Really holds the audience well. I knew I had seen your piece on Edinburgh but couldn't remember where I had seen it! I saw quite for few of the pick of the fringes in espionage. One of which has scared me for life my I add! What two of the comedians ended up doing to one another never needs to be discussed! Bob slayer is all I will say. Kevin shepherd was the compare that night and did a really good piece. Keep an eye out for a Canadian called john Hastings. I saw him twice. He was very funny the first time but hilarious the second time as it was late on and he was peed.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down