The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leinster v The Zebras

+10
SecretFly
asoreleftshoulder
Gibson
Feckless Rogue
pete (buachaill on eirne)
rodders
Mickado
LeinsterFan4life
Jenifer McLadyboy
thebandwagonsociety
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Leinster v The Zebras Empty Leinster v The Zebras

Post by thebandwagonsociety Tue 27 Nov 2012, 12:55 pm

ZebrasRabo Round 10?: Leinster v Zebre (Saturday at 6pm, 1 December @ RDS)

Haven't seen a build up thread so might as well get one going;

Leinster squad update
The Leinster squad stepped up their on-field preparations ahead of this weekend's RaboDirect PRO12 visit of Zebre to the RDS on Saturday evening (KO: 6pm) with a training session in UCD on Monday afternoon

The Leinster management are set to be boosted by the return of their Ireland contingent who defeated Argentina at the weekend. In addition, Heinke van der Merwe, who came off the bench to help the Springboks defeat England in Twickenham on Saturday afternoon, is also set to return to the Leinster panel this week.
The one major negative from Friday night’s win away to Glasgow Warriors was the injury picked up by second row Quinn Roux towards the end of the first half. Following medical assessments at the weekend, it has been confirmed that the young South African dislocated his shoulder and will face a lengthy spell on the sidelines.

Aaron Dundon, Isa Nacewa and Sean O’Brien all came through their respective comeback games unscathed and they will also be in the frame again this week.

Luke Fitzgerald, Eoin O’Malley and Dominic Ryan, meanwhile, will be given every opportunity to prove their fitness as they continue their rehab ahead of their comebacks, but this weekend looks set to come too soon once more for all three players.

Pity the three guys aren't back for the HC games this side of Christmas, they will be coming in during the cold/dark christmas window when the ground is frozen and their injured bodies are still tender!

How will Schmidt play this Selection wise? Does he need to play the main side for 80 minutes because we have not had many games with them all available and together this year? Or does he need to allow some of the Irish gang time to recover from the AIs and only give some the first 50 mins or last 30 mins of a run out?

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:LEINSTER:

15: Isa Nacewa
14: Andrew Conway
13: Gordon D'Arcy
12: Andrew Goodman
11: Fergus McFadden
10: Jonathan Sexton
9: Eoin Reddan

1: Heinke van der Merwe
2: Sean Cronin
3: Michael Bent
4: Leo Cullen CAPTAIN
5: Damian Browne
6: Kevin McLaughlin
7: Rhys Ruddock
8: Sean O'Brien

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Aaron Dundon
17: Cian Healy
18: Mike Ross
19: Tom Denton
20: Jordi Murphy
21: Isaac Boss
22: Ian Madigan
23: Fionn Carr

REFEREE: Andrew McMenenmy (SRU), ASSISTANT REFEREES: Stuart Gaffikin, Richard Kerr (both IRFU), 4th OFFICIAL: Ed Kenny (Leinster Rugby Referees), 5th OFFICIAL: John Dunne (Leinster Rugby Referees), TMO: Alan Rogan (IRFU)

15 Ruggero TREVISAN*
14 Leonardo SARTO*
13 Gonzalo GARCIA (c)
12 Matteo PRATICHETTI
11 Sinoti SINOTI
10 Daniel HALANGAHU
9 Tito TEBALDI

8 Filippo CRISTIANO
7 Mauro BERGAMASCO
6 Nicola CATTINA
5 Josh SOLE
4 Quintin GELDENHUYS
3 David RYAN
2 Carlo FESTUCCIA
1 Matias AGUERO

Replacements :
16 Davide GIAZZON
17 Andrea DE MARCHI
18 Carlo FAZZARI*
19 Emiliano CAFFINI*
20 Nicola BELARDO*
21 Alberto CHILLON*
22 David ODIETE*
23 Paolo BUSO

[/quote]

Last edited by thebandwagonsociety on Fri 30 Nov 2012, 2:39 pm; edited 2 times in total

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue 27 Nov 2012, 1:31 pm

Sh1t. I missed my chance to start this thread and save us from another long title. Crying or Very sad

Van Der Merwe
Cronin
Bent
Cullen
Browne
McLaughlin
Jennings
O'Brien

Boss
Madigan
Conway
D'Arcy
McFadden
Kearney
Nacewa

Strauss, Healy, Ross, Toner, Heaslip, Reddan, Sexton, Carr/Macken/Goodman

Dress rehearsal for next week.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue 27 Nov 2012, 1:32 pm

I would bring Sexton on with 30 to go and move Madigan to FB and Isa to the wing.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Leinster v The Zebras Empty Re: Leinster v The Zebras

Post by LeinsterFan4life Tue 27 Nov 2012, 1:45 pm

BOD and Kearney aim for a january comeback.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Tue 27 Nov 2012, 2:09 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:Sh1t. I missed my chance to start this thread and save us from another long title. Crying or Very sad

Van Der Merwe
Cronin
Bent
Cullen
Browne
McLaughlin
Jennings
O'Brien

Boss
Madigan
Conway
D'Arcy
McFadden
Kearney
Nacewa

Title changed (I think)

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Tue 27 Nov 2012, 2:12 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:BOD and Kearney aim for a january comeback.
That would be great.
So does that mean all Leinster long term ill should be back by the end of January except for Quinn Roux? If so, Leinster will start looking dangerous again.... of course they have to save/solidify their season in the next 4 weeks!

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue 27 Nov 2012, 2:14 pm

thebandwagonsociety wrote:
That would be great.
So does that mean all Leinster long term ill should be back by the end of January except for Quinn Roux? If so, Leinster will start looking dangerous again.... of course they have to save/solidify their season in the next 4 weeks!
And not get injured in the meantime.

Like the new title Smile

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Tue 27 Nov 2012, 2:53 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
That would be great.
And not get injured in the meantime.

Like the new title Smile

I'll hold on to the optimism Smile

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue 27 Nov 2012, 5:02 pm

If you want optimism, I heard BOD was targeting the home Clermont game on the 15th.

A lot of what you hear about injuries is muck though. Will believe it when he hits the pitch.

Joe Schmidt himself said back in October that Fitzgerald was flying and due back in December.

O'Malley was due back last Friday but picked up a calf strain.

Again, until you see the name on the teamsheet.....and even then.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Tue 27 Nov 2012, 5:21 pm

Just to throw it out there, what happened to Cooney? Has it been discussed here already? and who dished out the punishment to settle it all?

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Tue 27 Nov 2012, 5:23 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:Sh1t. I missed my chance to start this thread and save us from another long title. Crying or Very sad

Van Der Merwe
Cronin
Bent
Cullen
Browne
McLaughlin
Jennings
O'Brien

Boss
Madigan
Conway
D'Arcy
McFadden
Kearney
Nacewa

Only thing I think might happen is Darcy on the bench for rest with Goodman starting but they might do it this way and have it as an early substitution.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue 27 Nov 2012, 5:44 pm

"Eoin O'Malley is a guy who could possibly be involved this weekend (at home to Zebre) or next weekend in Clermont Auvergne."

Joe Schmidt on the HC site.

http://www.ercrugby.com/eng/news/19649.php#.ULT642fJZjY

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed 28 Nov 2012, 7:27 am

What he said. Start our international front row, then bring on our other international front row. Deadly.

Van Der Merwe
Cronin
Bent
Cullen
Browne
McLaughlin
Jennings
O'Brien

Boss
Madigan
Conway
D'Arcy
McFadden
Kearney
Nacewa

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 28 Nov 2012, 9:25 am

Hi guys whats happening with Ruddock and Dom Ryan? Are they injured or just off the radar?

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Wed 28 Nov 2012, 9:33 am

Looks like we are after Mike McCarthy
http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/connacht-fight-for-mccarthy-as-leinster-come-calling-3308986.html

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 28 Nov 2012, 9:34 am

I knew it! McCarthy would be a great fit for Leinster....problem is that he's a great fit for Connacht too!
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed 28 Nov 2012, 10:07 am

Dom Ryan is injured Rods, expected back with EOM and Luke Fitz. Not sure what the craic with Ruddock is.

McCarthy would be good for Leinster but I hope Connacht hang onto him to be honest. He's a first team player there, Caldwell plus Andries Bekker for next season please and thanks.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 28 Nov 2012, 10:08 am

Maybe Ruddock to Connacht as a swap...... Whistle Wink
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Wed 28 Nov 2012, 11:20 am

I'd be really p!ssed if we got McCarthy I have to say think it is just wrong, he'd be a great player for us for sure but it would just be really bad for Irish rugby.

Completely against the move.

I think EOM and possibly Luke are expected for Zebre. Thought Ruddock was fit and playing?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed 28 Nov 2012, 11:57 am

Unfortunately not Pete...

Leinster Squad Update wrote:Luke Fitzgerald, Eoin O’Malley and Dominic Ryan, meanwhile, will be given every opportunity to prove their fitness as they continue their rehab ahead of their comebacks, but this weekend looks set to come too soon once more for all three players.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Wed 28 Nov 2012, 12:07 pm

While it would be great to get a lad like McCarthy into Leinster I don't want to take a piece like that from Connacht. The only way I could rationalise it to myself would be if he commanded too high a wage for Connacht to afford and it was a case of move to Leinster who can afford a higher salary or else he is snapped up by the Jeff/Top14. But if it could be managed to keep him in Connacht, leave him there. He and Muldoon provide a good leadership in the pack and then Griffen/McSharry/O'Halloran a great base for future backlines for years to come.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Wed 28 Nov 2012, 1:19 pm

I see bandywag doesn't read his PMs. But then again I have one from December 2011 that Pete has not read yet. Smile

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 28 Nov 2012, 2:07 pm

Oh its all cloak and dagger stuff in the Leinster camp I see.... Cool
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Wed 28 Nov 2012, 4:03 pm

Oh wait what PM?!

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 28 Nov 2012, 4:05 pm

The one that told you Brad Thorn was on his way Wink
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Wed 28 Nov 2012, 4:10 pm

pete (buachaill on eirne) wrote:Oh wait what PM?!
Nothing interesting. I only mentioned it because it is still in my outbox along with the one I sent bandwagon yesterday.

That means it is unread.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Wed 28 Nov 2012, 5:14 pm

Haha read it now, in all fairness I was a bit of a mess back then getting organised! Thanks though much appreciated!

On the game, I am not sure if it is disrespectful or not but I think anything less than a TBP win will be a disappointment out of this game. We need to start catching up in the Pro12 as we have been relatively poor there by our own standards.

I would also say get as many of our big boys out there to "prepare" for the Clermont game

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Wed 28 Nov 2012, 6:18 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:I see bandywag doesn't read his PMs. But then again I have one from December 2011 that Pete has not read yet. Smile

Oh right, just saw that thing there now. Yeah that is what I heard. Also heard a rumour about the culprit/instigator and the disciplinary action. But when can you trust rumours?

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Wed 28 Nov 2012, 6:22 pm

pete (buachaill on eirne) wrote:Haha read it now, in all fairness I was a bit of a mess back then getting organised! Thanks though much appreciated!

On the game, I am not sure if it is disrespectful or not but I think anything less than a TBP win will be a disappointment out of this game. We need to start catching up in the Pro12 as we have been relatively poor there by our own standards.

I would also say get as many of our big boys out there to "prepare" for the Clermont game

Absolutely agree. I expect the matchday squad to be pretty much in line with the squad going to Clermont. I hope Schmidt demands the tempo/intensity that we will play with in Clermont and I also expect to see 1 or 2 set moves drilled in a game situation which might give us a guess at some potential areas of focus for the ASM game.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Wed 28 Nov 2012, 7:31 pm

Yeah we should really expect to be giving Zebre a heavy beating if we're anywhere near what we'll need to have a chance against Clermont.

Looking at the table, we really need at least a losing bonus point away to Clermont and a try bonus point at home. Otherwise we're depending on them to lose a game to Exeter or Scarlets. Which might not happen.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Thu 29 Nov 2012, 8:06 am

Feckless Rogue wrote:Yeah we should really expect to be giving Zebre a heavy beating if we're anywhere near what we'll need to have a chance against Clermont.

Looking at the table, we really need at least a losing bonus point away to Clermont and a try bonus point at home. Otherwise we're depending on them to lose a game to Exeter or Scarlets. Which might not happen.

Yeah agree with this. Otherwise we will have to hope scarlets can beat clermont at home. Stranger things have happened. The thought that clermont may actually have consistency is scary.

I think we could be in a bit of trouble in the backs against clermont: no kearney, bod with an undercooked Fitz and o'malley (if even at all)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 29 Nov 2012, 2:18 pm

Feckless Rogue wrote:Yeah we should really expect to be giving Zebre a heavy beating if we're anywhere near what we'll need to have a chance against Clermont.

No way, will we ever beat this ASM side with a TBP. Even at Lansdowne. It wont happen. So lets forget that.

We need to be looking at beating them away, by any score. A draw would be a sound result. Min requirement is a LBP. Anything else and we are in serious trouble. We are already looking at a TBP v Scarlets at the RDS (very possible) and another 5 pts v Chiefs away (not so easy). But we will need those 10 pts just to ensure qualifying in a best 2nd place spot. IF we beat ASM at home, and IF we get those 10 pts in the other 2 games... 22/23pts - that should be enough. That's won a lot of pools in the past.

I really hope O Malley is back for the away game. He shone down there last time. McFadden can cover it, but Id rather have O Malley at 13 for both Tests. Because that´s what these games are, Tests.

I cant see us winning the group this time. ASM are even stronger and more experienced this season. Last year will have hurt them bad. And we are well under-cooked going into it. Just praying for a good 2nd. Then we get BOD, Fitz and Kearney back for the knockouts. That would be grand. I don´t care who we get in them, as long as its not ASM again or Toulouse away. The rest, we can handle.

I´m heading down to Clermont-Ferrand, btw. Anyone else going? If so, post it here and we´ll see ye for pints. OK

Last edited by Gibson on Thu 29 Nov 2012, 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 29 Nov 2012, 2:30 pm

Gibson wrote:

No way, will we ever beat this ASM side with a TBP. Even at Lansdowne. It wont happen. So lets forget that.

We need to be looking at beating them away, by any score. A draw would be a sound result. Min requirement is a LBP. Anything else and we are in serious trouble. We are already looking at a TBP v Scarlets at the RDS (very possible) and another 5 pts v Chiefs away (not so easy). But we will need those 10 pts just to ensure qualifying in a best 2nd place spot. IF we beat ASM at home, and IF we get those 10 pts in the other 2 games... 22pts - that should be enough.

I really hope O Malley is back for the away game. He shone down there last time. McFadden can cover it, but Id rather have O Malley at 13 for both Tests. Because that´s what these games are, Tests.

I cant see us winning the group this time. ASM are even stronger and more experienced this season. Last year will have hurt them bad. And we are well under-cooked going into it. Just praying for a good 2nd. Then we get BOD, Fitz and Kearney back for the knockouts. That would be grand. I don´t care who we get in them, as long as its not ASM again or Toulouse away. The rest, we can handle.

I´m heading down to Clermont-Ferrand, btw. Anyone else going? If so, post it here and we´ll see ye for pints. OK

O'Malley is key for a few reasons. If we have him we can have Ferg and Dave K on the wings and Isa at FB with Madigan and Conway on the bench.

Without him you HAVE to play Ferg at 13 and then Either Madigan at FB with Isa and Dave K on the wings, or Isa at FB with Dave K and Conway/Carr on the wings

And yes. I will be there for pints. Staying Saturday and Sunday nights.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 29 Nov 2012, 2:46 pm

We’re the best team in the history of European club rugby, we can beat Clermont.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Thu 29 Nov 2012, 2:52 pm

Mickado wrote:We’re the best team in the history of European club rugby, we can beat Clermont.

We can beat anyone on our day. But the last time we went there we were a Fofana's elbow from being knocked out of the competition. They have maintained that level of performance from then until now. Leinster haven't repeated last years form so far this season.

My fear is that if they get away from us and win comfortable in the first game, they are going to be that very rare beast in the return fixture (a french team travelling abroad with intent!).

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 29 Nov 2012, 2:59 pm

AND they have Toulouse away to harden them up for the game, we have the Zebra's at home. On paper, the easiest fixture in the league.

I think we should bang in 4 tries and shut up shop and give the Zebras the ball. Use the 2nd half to practise our defence.

If we can't score 4 tries in the 1st half with a full team we are focked in Clermont.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 29 Nov 2012, 3:30 pm

Mickado wrote:We’re the best team in the history of European club rugby, we can beat Clermont.

We can beat anyone on our day. But the last time we went there we were a Fofana's elbow from being knocked out of the competition. They have maintained that level of performance from then until now. Leinster haven't repeated last years form so far this season.

My fear is that if they get away from us and win comfortable in the first game, they are going to be that very rare beast in the return fixture (a french team travelling abroad with intent!).

You could look at it that way, or you could say that despite throwning absolutely everything they had at us, including the odd flying headbutt, they still couldn't score a try.

When is Hines back from his ban?

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 29 Nov 2012, 3:32 pm

now I think.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 29 Nov 2012, 3:33 pm

Ah bollix.

We're phooked.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 29 Nov 2012, 3:35 pm

Mickado wrote:Ah bollix.

We're phooked.
yep. ban was up last monday.

they'll have no excuse when we beat them now.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 29 Nov 2012, 3:39 pm

I hear Risteard Streabhas has been translating the lineout calls into Irish.

Last edited by Mickado on Thu 29 Nov 2012, 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 29 Nov 2012, 3:40 pm

We are Leinster. We are God´s own team. We shall prevail and retain the Holy Grail, in old Dublin Town.

Believe.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 29 Nov 2012, 4:00 pm

Gibbo, you over for the return leg in the palindrome too mate?

I'll be there for the day but i've a session to go to that night, it's a hard oul life...

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 29 Nov 2012, 4:17 pm

I am Mick. Hugster and I are going to them all. On a Mission. Sure we´ll have a few Christmas pints in the Horseshow House bud.

Must pick up the aul chocolate-covered Mickados. Or am I thinking Kimberly? Weird how they only do them at Christmas. I love em. So do the wimmin. Cool
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 29 Nov 2012, 4:29 pm

Chocolate Mikado's are a year round treat. And they're a sensation.

Remember that night you bought a box of them and we were handing them out to everyone in Cassidys. Laugh

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 29 Nov 2012, 4:41 pm

Mickado wrote:Chocolate Mikado's are a year round treat. And they're a sensation.

Remember that night you bought a box of them and we were handing them out to everyone in Cassidys. Laugh

Yeah man. I took a pic of you and the bro, smooching with 5 gorgeous wimmin, who were looking for a lick of yer biscuits. Shelle was not best pleased when she saw it.

Happy Daze. guinness
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Thu 29 Nov 2012, 6:02 pm

We need to get a lbp in clermont and stop them getting a tbp. Then do the opposite in Dublin. Christ this is going to be tough, very tough.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 29 Nov 2012, 7:35 pm

I predict that if we win the next 22 games we will win the double. in fact we could lose a few strategic ones in the middle and still do it. we won 29 last year so it should be handy enough.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 29 Nov 2012, 9:45 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:I predict that if we win the next 22 games we will win the double. in fact we could lose a few strategic ones in the middle and still do it. we won 29 last year so it should be handy enough.

Laugh clap guinness
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Fri 30 Nov 2012, 1:33 am

I just moved to Dublin recently, so I should try and go to a game. I've always followed Leinster on d telly but never went to the matches.

By the way we did outclass Clermont in last years semi. It was our own stupidity that let them back into it and we almost paid for it. But for the twenty minutes after half time we gave them a rugby lesson. They're good. Very bleedin good. But not as good as us.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next