The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

From my perspective.

Go down

From my perspective. Empty From my perspective.

Post by englandglory4ever Mon 03 Dec 2012, 4:36 pm

What a great win for England. None of us saw it coming. Simply fantastic to be an England fan on Saturday. Yahoo I doubted Tom Youngs inclusion and will eat my words. He was a ball of energy and held the scrum together well.

Ashton - Jekyll & Hyde! Score a try one minute and be so weak in the tackle the next and NZ score. Really not sure what to make of him at the moment. Headscratch

Mike Brown made a very good fist of a winger's role even though he normally plays at full back. Very impressive in all areas except maybe his flat out pace is not top class.

The rest were very good too, not least the centre pair who were so criticised beforehand by some but both crossed the line. I'm really pleased for them. Smile

Stuart Lancaster - Have believed in him from the start and he is everything I'd hoped he would be. He is a no nonsense grafter that trusts his players coupled with a clear vision and he has the gift of being a very likeable bloke in the process. Just what a good leader should be. The RFU should be very pleased they offered him the job. I know I am.

We know from NZ that it takes about 21 wins on the bounce against the toughest of opposition to even be considered the greatest team ever. England have managed just 1. So, feet on the ground, in the grand scheme of things its just a drop in the ocean but it feels fantastic. Very Happy

But what is great for England is that we can all now live in hope much more than we could. The next 6Ns will be the acid test. It could all go horribly wrong of course. With full strength opposition teams and several injuries to England players it could be a massive turn around. warning We all know that but somehow I think Lancaster is building some good depth. Fingers Crossed All us England supporters will have a great Christmas at least. From my perspective. 3602195817

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down