The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Degale vacates EBU Title.

+6
88Chris05
seanmichaels
Seanusarrilius
Steffan
bellchees
hampo17
10 posters

Go down

Degale vacates EBU Title. Empty Degale vacates EBU Title.

Post by hampo17 Tue 18 Dec 2012, 12:37 pm

James Degale has vacated the EBU belt in favour of the WBC Silver Championship, stating that the WBC belt will open the door for him to fight a better calibre of fighter and push for world honours.

So with that in mind, who should he fight next?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Degale vacates EBU Title. Empty Re: Degale vacates EBU Title.

Post by bellchees Tue 18 Dec 2012, 1:06 pm

I'd like to see him in with any of Stieglitz, Bika, Mack, Macgee, Marco Antonio Rubio to test his chin against a bit of a puncher. Also he might be able to get Barker, Murray or Macklin to step up which could all be good fights and learning fights. The same guys Groves should be targeting.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 18 Dec 2012, 1:15 pm

Degale needs to fight someone less chunkier than him

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 18 Dec 2012, 1:19 pm

bellchees wrote:I'd like to see him in with any of Stieglitz, Bika, Mack, Macgee, Marco Antonio Rubio to test his chin against a bit of a puncher.

These are perfect opponents for Degale

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 18 Dec 2012, 1:20 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:
bellchees wrote:I'd like to see him in with any of Stieglitz, Bika, Mack, Macgee, Marco Antonio Rubio to test his chin against a bit of a puncher.

These are perfect opponents for Degale
I agree but do you think he will be able to secure a fight with any of them?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 18 Dec 2012, 1:24 pm

Yusuf Mack would be a decent stepping stone. A comparison with Froch's performance would be a good marker of his progress.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 18 Dec 2012, 1:35 pm

Out of bellchees' list, I think Rubio and Bika are the realistic possibilities. No reason why Hennessy couldn't get them over to these shores if he makes a reasonable offer. Steiglitz, I believe, is still nicely placed for a shot at his old WBO belt in an Abraham rematch, Mack will probably return to Light-Heavyweight and Magee is a bit of a busted flush now, I think.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 18 Dec 2012, 1:39 pm

Personally don't think that Rubio will prove anything as he is a middleweight and not too big at the weight but I guess he sheen at world level before

Magee too could be a bit of a blowout as Magee just can't hold a body shot meaning any future opponent will go for that straight away, including degale who can dig to the body pretty well when he wants

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Tue 18 Dec 2012, 1:40 pm

I think a Magee fight would still be a good one for Degale, Magee has only lost at world level so it's a good measuring stick to see where Degale is, I'd make him a pretty big favourite in that fight though.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Tue 18 Dec 2012, 1:43 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:Personally don't think that Rubio will prove anything as he is a middleweight and not too big at the weight but I guess he sheen at world level before

Magee too could be a bit of a blowout as Magee just can't hold a body shot meaning any future opponent will go for that straight away, including degale who can dig to the body pretty well when he wants

Rubio has been at Super middle a couple of times, not against anyone of note but he has tested the water and also went 12 with JCC Jr who I imagine weighed more on fight night than any supermiddle weight will.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 18 Dec 2012, 1:49 pm

Magee, Mack or Librado Andrade. He should be able to get one of those. He can, let's be honest, just depends on what Mick is willing to spend

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Dec 2012, 2:09 pm

Take a massive paycut and go fight Bute

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 18 Dec 2012, 2:11 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Take a massive paycut and go fight Bute

That would be a massive stride forward. Will defiinitely not happen next. You don't go from Zuniga to Bute, not with Mick's 3 man stable. He can't afford Fury, Degale or Eubank to lose yet. He'd be wheeling you and I out Dave to fill cards, and I don't like pain

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Tue 18 Dec 2012, 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Tue 18 Dec 2012, 2:13 pm

Looks like he is going to try and set up a title shot for the summer.. If he can get some good rounds in with one of the names mentioned and do away with a couple bad habits i think he could do a job on someone like Abraham or maybe even Froch.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Dec 2012, 2:14 pm

I honestly believe Bute has had the desire beaten out of him by Froch and he will not be going to anywhere near a top class operator and certainly won't be fighting outside of Canada again.

Even if Degale is robbed in a hometown stinker, it gives him an idea of where he's at or am I being naive in thinking that fighting for the experience as opposed to just getting another win is what matters?

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Tue 18 Dec 2012, 2:15 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Take a massive paycut and go fight Bute
would be a great fight.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 18 Dec 2012, 2:39 pm

WOW!!!

What a coincidence!!

DeGale seeks headlines after Groves puts up a decent showing at the weekend against Glen Johnson.

Maybe a fight against Glen Johnson should be fat Mick's next move. So we can compare the wins.

Plus, correct me if I am wrong but isn't the WBC Silver Belt holder the mandatory for the WBC World Title???

How would fatso get Chunky out of that one if they order DeGale to Oakland next summer haha. His little channel 5 deal on the table as risk!! I'm pretty sure he would order DeGale to place the Silver Belt he loves so much in the bin next to Riddick Bowes belt.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 18 Dec 2012, 2:48 pm

DAVE667 wrote:I honestly believe Bute has had the desire beaten out of him by Froch and he will not be going to anywhere near a top class operator and certainly won't be fighting outside of Canada again.

Even if Degale is robbed in a hometown stinker, it gives him an idea of where he's at or am I being naive in thinking that fighting for the experience as opposed to just getting another win is what matters?

I don't disagree, but Mick isn't putting bute in with Degale just yet, sadly. Degale needs to beat someone like Magee first. Make that fight.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 18 Dec 2012, 3:08 pm

Magee is done, was gifted an Intrim (or whatever) belt for whatever reason and upgraded to whatever nonsense is next.

He will go out on a "Ex World Champion" level. I can't see him being foolish enough to sacrafice himself to the up and comers. He runs a fitness class not far from me which is packed to the rafters so I think he will fall into that. His fitness team seem top of the pile in this dirt riddled city.

As mentioned, his body can't take a punch so why waste the time. DeGale wouldnt get any credit for a win after what Kessler did to Magee. It would just be feasting on the bones of a "nearly was" fighter.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 20 Dec 2012, 1:18 pm

Degale has now apparently un-vacated the title and will defend it against Italian (?) Mouhamed Ali N'Diaye in January at Bluewater, Kent.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Thu 20 Dec 2012, 1:36 pm

Union Cane wrote:Degale has now apparently un-vacated the title and will defend it against Italian (?) Mouhamed Ali N'Diaye in January at Bluewater, Kent.
if thats true then it sounds like he may have been looking for a fight to come through and failed, so now sticking with Ali, who is mandatory I believe, and another tough fight... If he comes through it well he may get his title shot.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down