The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hull Kingston Rovers Thread

+5
Steel
Ozzy3213
Pal Joey
davidl1061
Kenny
9 posters

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Hull Kingston Rovers Thread - Page 2 Empty The Hull Kingston Rovers Thread

Post by Luke Fri 18 Jan 2013, 1:47 pm

First topic message reminder :

The title of the thread says it all.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

The Hull Kingston Rovers Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Hull Kingston Rovers Thread

Post by Luke Tue 26 Feb 2013, 3:23 am

Kenny wrote:I am so mad i cant put it into words right now

I was mad when left ground, but know just disheartened. Espically after seeing the highlights on the super league show. Most of there tries could/should have been prevented Caro had a terrible game, Eden for all his attacking powers, looks a lieability in defence. Brown should be given the chance next week. Like i said, we went from some great attacking play to one up stuff, which really dosn't suit the players we have.
Our defence at times just looks hopeless.
Individual mistakes are killing us, but the ball control needs to be tightened up, some of the mistakes yesterday were pathetic. It would also be nice if at some point we get a kicking game.

What's dishearting is as my dad said leaving, we went to warrington last year, and nothing has changed in that time. Surely they are doing something on the training pitch, just have no idea what.

Although i don't like commentating on referees, Half the decisions he gave against Rovers, Salford were guility off, if you're giving them one way you have to give them the other.

As i said, most fans think Sandercock will go, and to be honest i won't be to sorry to see him go, because i don't see any progress.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

The Hull Kingston Rovers Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Hull Kingston Rovers Thread

Post by Kenny Tue 26 Feb 2013, 11:55 am

The thing that i find most annoying is we have improved in attack ( we have scored more points then ANY other team so far this season ) yet we seem to forget how to do it at certain points in games , we score some good team trys and some individual trys then just have a mind melt and stop doing the things that are working .

Our defence is a joke , too many missed tackles , too many players out of position , too many unforced errors . Caro is only learning the game and it hasn't helped that he hasn't had his first choice centre inside him in Gleeson , but yes i would give Brown a chance if fit ......but Burns is back against Warrington so Hall may switch to either centre or wing .

Griffin has impressed me so hope he's back soon .

Sandercock has 4 - 5 games to save his job with his meeting with the board scheduled for the end of March to discuss his future
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 26 Feb 2013, 11:59 am

On the subject of Burns , some fans i was talking to think he will be our turning point ? not sure myself he cant do it all on his own the other players need to step up .

Warrington will target him both physically and verbally , so he needs to keep his head . ( i have had a few quid on him getting sent off though )
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 26 Feb 2013, 1:55 pm

Agree about Caro, but he looks nervous and that thing in the last minute when he should have gone low should be natural. I don't mean to pick on him specifically, but rhis just shows the idiitollogically of getting rid of the under 23's. When he would be playing without the pressure.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 26 Feb 2013, 2:09 pm

Also think we're relying to much on Burns, a player who lets not forget hasn't played a competitive game for over 12 weeks- so is going to be short of match fitness for a couple of weeks, while trying to work in a new team and competition.

Sandercock I think will go, but then who we get in defines were the clubs going.
Trouble is, if we're going to stick with him to the end of the year then does next season become yet another year of transition.

I not saying I expect to be up challenging but I expect players to put in the effort.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 26 Feb 2013, 3:06 pm

Very good point tiger

Morgan was sacked because players weren't putting in the effort under him if i remember rightly ........... what was it Hudgell sais something about overpaid stars just going through the motions ? well they may not be over payed anymore but the sure are just going through the motions .

Caro all he had to do was dive for the line and the game was won , even my wife shouted " what are you doing ! dive " at the telly .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Thu 28 Feb 2013, 2:55 pm

Rovers not happy.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/rugby_league/4816310/Hull-KR-fury-as-new-8m-stand-is-painted-BLUE-instead-of-RED.html

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 28 Feb 2013, 2:57 pm

George Hotel1895 wrote:Rovers not happy.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/rugby_league/4816310/Hull-KR-fury-as-new-8m-stand-is-painted-BLUE-instead-of-RED.html

Yes thats all over the local paper aswell , the council have said they are going to change it to red
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 01 Mar 2013, 9:19 pm

sent you a PM tiger , but keep it to yourself Wink
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 03 Mar 2013, 5:32 pm

Well that result is a turn up for the books, excellent win considering how bad we were last week.
Defence seemed tighter (was working so couldn't go), good to see Brown play and get a try.

Funny enough, we're on roughly the amount of points I expected us to be on at this stage (maybe 2 less), and if we'd have held on last week we'd be 3rd. Crisis, what crisis Whistle
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 05 Mar 2013, 5:12 pm

I went on Sunday , great win i shouted and jumped around that much i pulled a muscle and have been laid up since Laugh

I thought Dobbo was excellent , when he plays like that he is one of the best scrum halves in the league . I got the feeling he was saying " im the main man around here " given all the hype about Burns before the game

On Burns i thought he had a decent game given it was his first outing , though when he got penalised in the first minute i did think oh no he's going to get himself sent off here.

London away next , who we usually do well at , i just hope the show the same commitment as last week
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 10 Mar 2013, 11:03 am

3 wins from 6 games , i suppose you should be kind of happy with that at the start of a season especially as they weren't really the 3 wins i was expecting but i think we should of beat Wakey and Salford so im half happy .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 11 Mar 2013, 1:22 am

Agree that we sort of were I expected points wise, and if we stopped giving away stupid tries (In most of the games), then we could be better off especially points difference wise. Our attack is looking good when we stop playing one man stuff (which we do slightly to much for my liking, especially as it dosn't suit the team we've got). Defensively still need to do a lot of work.

Big game v Bradford away this weekend. Win that, and we are in a decent position, especially given that the rest of SL is very tight.

Carry on this run, and Sandercock's contract talks at the end of this month becomes very interesting.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 18 Mar 2013, 3:59 am

Went to Odsal for today's/yesterdays game.

1st of, Rovers were very poor. Defence again allowed to many cheap yards, and the missed tackles and wrong decisions/positions are killing us.
The attack was blunt, and once again there was way to much one man stuff that was easy to stop. The few times we actually looked dangerous was when we were passing the ball, so why stop. Credit to Bradford, who played basic rugby to win with a few good handling moves, though in truth they weren't facing much.

Also credit to Ben Thaler, who had us fooled for the 1st 5 minutes into believing that he was going to be fair, before reverting back to type and seeing the Rovers mistakes and penalties, while conveniently missing Bradford doing the same.
Bradford deserved the win, were probably going to win, they didn't need your help.
But Rovers were terrible.

We really have to win next weeks home game to Cas, given that the 5 games after are Hull away, Wigan & Saints home, Huddersfield away then Leeds home. And its hard to ser were we going to pick up points, and after that lot ee could be adrift in the battle for the top 8.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 22 Mar 2013, 12:33 pm

I cant believe Sandercock played 3 unfit players !

risk one maybe but 3 ? surely our young kids aren't that bad
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 22 Mar 2013, 12:34 pm

Lots of talk that Dobson and Burns wont be fit for the derby on good friday so i dont hold out much hope for that game
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 23 Mar 2013, 12:44 pm

Tomorrows home game against Castleford could be called off due to the weather , there will be a pitch inspection at lunchtime tomorrow
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 24 Mar 2013, 1:39 am

Kenny wrote:Lots of talk that Dobson and Burns wont be fit for the derby on good friday so i dont hold out much hope for that game

Hall will step in for one (can't believe he was 18th man against Bradford), I was never really optimistic for this one given we have poor record there. But to be honest after seeing how easily Bradford's pack dominated ours, I'm even less optimistic. We can worry them on attack, but the pack and defense will have to turn up for us to stand any chance.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 25 Mar 2013, 1:21 pm

Well not alot to say about last night's game. A welcome 2 points from a scrappy game (the weather didn't look like it helped anyone). Again we gave away some poor tries, but looked okay without looking brilliant/good.

Perhaps we'll improve when the weather does. Also didn't understand why Hall didn't take the kicking duties. But at the end of the day a wins a win.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 26 Mar 2013, 11:15 am

Burns kicked to try and give him confidence and to be more involved apparantley .

The derby on friday im not looking forward to at all , even if Dobson and Burns play and even though Holdsworth is suppose to be out for them ............i just have a bad feeling about it
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Tue 26 Mar 2013, 2:00 pm

I couldnt believe it when I heard that you have scored the most points out of any team so far! I thought you looked good in patches against Cas but the game seemed to turn when Webster went off

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 26 Mar 2013, 2:03 pm

We create lots but our defence is a real concern , i was glad to see we won a close game on sunday as i think its the first ime in a couple of seasons we have come out on top in a close game
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 26 Mar 2013, 3:40 pm

Speaking to a mate of mine at the club the rumour is if we lose the derby Sandercock is out
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Wed 27 Mar 2013, 8:46 am

Really? What do you think of the job he has done?

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 27 Mar 2013, 2:22 pm

To be fare to him , he hasn't done a bad job given what he has available to him . But i dont think that will save him , its all about results and we haven't won enough games
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 28 Mar 2013, 2:06 pm

The Robins have named their 19 man squad for the Good Friday derby against Hull FC at the KC Stadium (KO 2:45pm).

The squad in full is:

Liam Salter

Alex Brown

Adam Walker

Graeme Horne

George Griffin

Cory Paterson

Con Mika

Evarn Tuimavave

Kris Welham

Travis Burns

Craig Hall

Mickey Paea

Keal Carlile

Jordan Cox

Michael Dobson

David Hodgson

Greg Eden

Rhys Lovegrove

Josh Hodgson

no surprises
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 28 Mar 2013, 6:07 pm

Kenny wrote:Burns kicked to try and give him confidence and to be more involved apparantley .

The derby on friday im not looking forward to at all , even if Dobson and Burns play and even though Holdsworth is suppose to be out for them ............i just have a bad feeling about it

I know what you mean. It could be worse then last years derby at Craven Park, when in truth the 16-32 scorline flattered us.

Our pack crumbles when a decent/bigger pack faces them, the defence has more holes than a sieve, that are wider then a fishing net. We don't have a partculary good kicking game, Hull are good at home and are finding form. We are still playing injured players.
But other than that i think things look good, we can score and the pressures on Hull, and it will be even at kick off.

I would be tempted to swap Hall and Eden, with Hall at fb and Eden at lc. And Hall has to kick if Dobson can't
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 28 Mar 2013, 6:11 pm

davidl1061 wrote:Really? What do you think of the job he has done?

To be honest he's the first Australian coach that dosn't know about defence. He's improved our attack no end, and given the money and situation he's brought some exciting young british talent to the club which argues well for our future.
Unfortunatly for him, as Kenny says its about results and we're not winning enough. The fact we didn't make the post season last year is also against him, and the fact we don't seem to have improved in key areas.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 29 Mar 2013, 11:31 pm

Wow, the only thing to say about that is I was totally wrong, as a Dominant Rovers destroy a woeful Hull in the first derby to win by 13 points,23-10 (away as well).

Rovers were wonderful from what I saw on tv. We cut out the mistakes, played our sets, our kicking game was generally good, our defence organised and solid, and we were clinical with the few chances that came our way, as we played a team. And gave a very good, solid performance.

If I was to be hyper-critical, we still give to many penalties away.

The players 1-17 all played well and turned up.

Know we have to try and back it up on Monday v Wigan, tough ask but after today we haven shown along with the Warrington game we can do it.

Also, most of the reviews and punditsare talking about how bad/poor Hull were. This is true they were terrible, but give Rovers some credit. We went with a game plan, and executed it, and some of Hull's problems were down to how good and solid Rovers were.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 30 Mar 2013, 9:20 am

You can only beat the team that's put in front of you .

Would it of been a different result if Fc had had all their players playing ? maybe but they didn't and we lost our best player ( Dobson )before kick off and then our main playmaker ( Burns) during the game ...........i do think he was lucky not to be sent off aswell for that high shot .

So lets celebrate the win and 2 points Yahoo

The one thing that really annoyed me though was Skys insistance on biggin FC up again , it was 12 nil to us at half time in a half we dominated in attack and defence yet all the Sky footage was FC ? not one single shot of Rovers scoring or taking the ball up . And at the end Carney was again saying once Fc get their players back that they will have a say in who wins superleague !
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Wed 03 Apr 2013, 12:35 am

A lot of Robins fans not happy about sandercocks team selection against Wigan, and the result proved the fans were right. Some seem to think that he run up the white flag even before the game started with his comments and team selection.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 03 Apr 2013, 1:45 am

I'm one if them to be honest George. Really don't understand what he was doing considering what happened on Friday, I'm not saying we would have won, but we could have at least given them a game. And given the fans something to hold onto and believe in.
To then blame the players was wrong, if you pick the wrong side in the first place what do you expect to happen.

Only good thing was I was working so couldn't go.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 08 Apr 2013, 2:14 am

And yet again, Rovers come up with the goods un a game I didn't expect us to get anything wrong.

Apparently we played okay, looked okay in attack and gave away at least 2 soft tries. But a son's a win at the end of the day.

Got to say, that if you take the last couple of weeks as a whole given the amount of rugby with it being easter. We've actually done quite well, 3 wins (Cas home,Hull away, Saints home), Trouble is the one game we have lost was the terrible 6-86 game against Wigan.
But 6 points out of 8 is a good return.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 09 Apr 2013, 2:10 pm

Neil Hudgell will step down at the end of the season as Rovers chairman , he is also seeking to sell the club as he feels he can not afford to take KR any higher and that they will remain around 7 -10 place in Superleague without more investment
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 09 Apr 2013, 5:11 pm

Kenny wrote:Neil Hudgell will step down at the end of the season as Rovers chairman , he is also seeking to sell the club as he feels he can not afford to take KR any higher and that they will remain around 7 -10 place in Superleague without more investment

Given how much he's put into the club, and were we were and the ground when he took over, and that we are losing about £500,00 a season.
I can't say that i blame him, and if he does step down will wish him all the best. But to be honest, for some reason companys and individuals don't seem that intrested in taking or investing in the sports teams of Hull (both City more, and Hull have facied these problems in the past). And given that we are a lose making company, and the ground needs work hard to see who would want to take over.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 09 Apr 2013, 5:40 pm

It would have to be a fan of the sport who takes over as has a business its not going to make someone money imo . Adam Pearson at FC is losing half a million a season i believe , and im certain there aren't more then 3 - 4 clubs who might be making money a season .

Rugby league in this country is very poorly run by the RFL , there isnt enough exposure and sponsership . They are obsesssed with expansion when getting a strong core of clubs should be the first priority once the league is on a finacial footing then look at expansion not now ( how they can keep pushing London when they are getting gates of under 2000 is beyond me ).

Personally i think Hudgell and Crosslandl will stay on in some capacity we must need a rich horse doctor like Salford to come in

Last edited by Kenny on Fri 12 Apr 2013, 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 09 Apr 2013, 9:33 pm

Agree Kenny, I have said for a while that what's the point of expansion if the base is strong. We need to improve the northern clubs so the new clubs have something to come into. Until the RFL do something to rectify this situation, the new clubs are going to to struggle.

The Challenge cup draw has seen Rovers drawn at home to Saints, in a game that is going to be televised.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 11 Apr 2013, 11:17 am

yes saturday 20th April i think ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 11 Apr 2013, 2:11 pm

Hopefully things are looking up

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/Offers-Hull-KR-Hudgell-says-investors-interested/story-18673544-detail/story.html#axzz2Q9yGdOVm
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 12 Apr 2013, 10:54 am

Graeme Horne is set to be ruled out for several weeks after undergoing surgery on a fractured cheekbone and is joined on the sidelines by Evarn Tuimavave (calf) and George Griffin (groin).

Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 12 Apr 2013, 7:43 pm

Im absolutley gutted by this

Hull KR forward Cory Paterson has revealed on Twitter he has a clause in his contract making him a free agent if coach Craig Sandercock leaves the club.

In response to a question from another user Paterson tweeted: "Yeah it's true just got to wait and see what happens but yeah I would be a free agent."

The 25-year-old Australian is in his first season with Robins.

BBC Radio Humberside have asked the club about the situation but are yet to receive a response.
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 15 Apr 2013, 4:02 pm

Sandercock is moaning about the ref and touch judges , feeling the pressure yet Craig ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 16 Apr 2013, 11:06 pm

Im hoping for a good showing on saturday , a good cup run would be a fantastic
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 19 Apr 2013, 4:59 am

Strong Rumors that Saints are after Micheal Dobson, and are willing to pay compensation to get him, Dobson has 18 months of his contract left.

I feel that Sandercock needs a good cup run as much as we would like one, given our league form.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 19 Apr 2013, 2:06 pm

tiger

Do you think this contract thing with Paterson will have any bearing on Sandercock being sacked ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 19 Apr 2013, 11:29 pm

The Robins have named their 19 man squad ahead of Saturday's Tetley's Challenge Cup tie with St Helens.

Stand off Travis Burns returns to the squad after a three match absence.

The squad in full is;

Liam Salter

Omari Caro

Adam Walker

James Green

George Griffin

Cory Paterson

Con Mika

Travis Burns

Kris Welham

Jordan Cox

Craig Hall

Mickey Paea

Keal Carlile

Rhys Lovegrove

Michael Dobson

David Hodgson

Greg Eden

Richard Beaumont

Josh Hodgson
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 20 Apr 2013, 2:46 am

Kenny wrote:tiger

Do you think this contract thing with Paterson will have any bearing on Sandercock being sacked ?

No, I think that ultimately it will be down to results & performances, and unfortunately they have not been good enough. Like I've said, as a team we're making the same mistakes week in, week out.
Also the rumours are, the main reason Hudgall has decided to go is because of what Sandercock did for the Wigan game.
Hopefully Paterson's strong links with the fans may persuade him to stay fir another season, though I've heard rumours Wigan,Hull & Leeds are interested.

What I don't understand about this whole situation is, Sandercock's contract run out this year anyway, so a- why sign a 2 year contract in the 1st place and b-who on earth allows a clause like that to be put in anyway.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 20 Apr 2013, 10:36 pm

A great win today , it was great in the stands .

The high tackle had everyone baying for blood , and i honestly thought the ref was going to bottle it and not send him off . He let shoulder charge after shoulder charge go ( putting them on report is all well and good but it doesn't help HKR does it ! if they get banned afterward ) the blokes next to us was going off his rocker i thought he would explode Laugh .

Lets hope we can back it up with a win next week against Leeds , and im hoping for an easier draw in round 5 of the cup on monday
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Apr 2013, 10:49 pm

It were a terrible tackle and rightfully a sending off. It wasthat bad Meli actually hurt his arm such was the contact. Hall is a very lucky man to get up after it

Thought you got a bit of a lucky break with the penalty for dragging into touch, Saints looked on top at that point and it was never a penalty. Saints would have had a good chance of adding to their points with the field position

As for the shoulder charge, I hate that its not allowed. I know you can still hit big without it but a nice welltimed shoulder charge used to fire up the crowd and the team.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 20 Apr 2013, 11:23 pm

gazzy i agree the shoulder charge when done right is a real crowd pleaser , but now they have banned it then the refs really need to uphold it being illegal or whats the point in banning it in the first place ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next