The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 Bays GSA Pro

+2
SmithersJones
barragan
6 posters

Go down

3 Bays GSA Pro Empty 3 Bays GSA Pro

Post by barragan Mon 21 Jan 2013, 9:05 am

The golfing gadget for those who have everything...or a genuinely useful tool to improve your golf?

I must admit, after watching the review linked below, i thought this could be pretty handy toy for practice. However at around £190 it seems a bit on the pricey side.

Other than working on your swing, I could see the benefit of checking your yardages on any given comp day whilst warming up in the practice net.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azbxjZ7hJH4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Last edited by barragan on Mon 21 Jan 2013, 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : predictive text malfunction!)

barragan

Back to top Go down

3 Bays GSA Pro Empty Re: 3 Bays GSA Pro

Post by SmithersJones Mon 21 Jan 2013, 9:44 am

Brilliant, I can't tell you the number of times a competition round has been ruined because I'm worried about my garages and whether anyone's broken into them and nicked something! Wink
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Mon 21 Jan 2013, 9:47 am

Doh
Laugh

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Mon 21 Jan 2013, 5:52 pm

Having watched it I'd say it's pretty good but fairly susceptible to being left on, resulting in either damage or disqualification, or both!
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 22 Jan 2013, 12:40 am

What would you do with the results?

I have no idea what I would change about my clubhead speed even if I knew what it was.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 22 Jan 2013, 11:15 am

Kind of agree with Mac. I might be interested to know my swing path from time to time and tempo is something I struggle with occasionally so that might be worth knowing. Other than that, not sure I see the use. For standardising my club distances I have a GPS range finder on the practice range for that which rather usefully I can use as a range finder on the course!
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Tue 22 Jan 2013, 1:52 pm

McLaren wrote:What would you do with the results?

I have no idea what I would change about my clubhead speed even if I knew what it was.

If you were like many you'd come on here and let us all know about it. Having added a few MPH to the results that is.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Tue 22 Jan 2013, 2:02 pm

Surely the only thing it can possibly calculate is your swing speed? The other info you get is surely just a function of that. i.e. the distance the ball goes is just a function of the angle it believes a particular club is and how fast you swing?

If you happen to increase or decrease the loft of your club either as a function of your swing or mechanically beforehand I can't see how it would work.

I'm putting this one down as pony.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by George1507 Tue 22 Jan 2013, 2:10 pm

I can see it might be quite useful in some circumstances.

For amateur golfers though, when we get to play (snow and flooding notwithstanding) there are so many variables that affect the distance you hit a shot that virtually any device is at best only marginally helpful.

Air temperature (roughly 1 yard further for every two degrees F between 20F and 100F)
Wind
Ground conditions
Ball types

And that's without considering how bad a hangover you have, and how recently the last of the 8 pints of beer disappeared.

George1507

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 22 Jan 2013, 2:45 pm

George1507 wrote:...Air temperature (roughly 1 yard further for every two degrees F between 20F and 100F)...
That's interesting George. Is that well accepted? I was wondering about this sort of relationship the last time I was out after I'd underclubbed an approach shot having forgot to factor in the brass monkey weather at the time.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by George1507 Tue 22 Jan 2013, 3:24 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
George1507 wrote:...Air temperature (roughly 1 yard further for every two degrees F between 20F and 100F)...
That's interesting George. Is that well accepted? I was wondering about this sort of relationship the last time I was out after I'd underclubbed an approach shot having forgot to factor in the brass monkey weather at the time.

Yes, I think it is. I used to live next door to a guy who worked for Titleist, and he showed me stuff they gave to their pros. For the old Pro V1 (the first iteration of that ball), and the NXT they had worked out it was 1 yard of carry for every 2 degrees Fahrenheit. So a shot which carried 200 at freezing (32F) would carry 220 at 72F and 230 at 92F. The club was irrelevant - it was always 1 yard for every 2 degrees. And air pressure was another factor too, but you can't easily measure that.

George1507

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 22 Jan 2013, 3:29 pm

Thanks for that George. Might come in handy in future rounds. OK
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down