The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So glad the Force lost badly vs the Tahs after Wednesdays farce of a match.

Go down

So glad the Force lost badly vs the Tahs after Wednesdays farce of a match. Empty So glad the Force lost badly vs the Tahs after Wednesdays farce of a match.

Post by fa0019 Sun 09 Jun 2013, 10:18 pm

The Western Force immediately became my number one hate team behind Northern Transvaal and Wales (one of them is a joke Wink ) after the Lions match.

After the farce of Wednesdays match I'm so glad they came up short and in fact were beaten rather easily by the Waratahs who only missed out on a bonus point victory by a few inches at the death and a TMO.

The Waratahs were missing 15 odd players yet they still cruised home vs a full strength Force side.

Happy to take the money but so obtuse in their thinking that they thought a meaningless match in terms of the SR ladder and revenue was more important then a lions match. And what was it all for... To show global rugby how your first team still cannot compete against the 3rd best club side in AUS missing a whole team of players due to AUS commitments.

Will Genia... What a hero... Couldn't play, didn't matter, he trained with his team, warmed up and was the water boy for the whole match, that's how much the lions match meant to him and its amazing to see the difference in the professionalism between one top domestic team like the reds and a forever struggling force franchise who are probably only kept afloat by the the union and their rivals.

Mackenzie knew what a performance could do for its fringe players and I think it will help there season and their players development and at least in AUS teams.... The reds have gone right up in my estimation.

Anyhow the last two lions match have really shown us all the very worst and very best in professional era rugby and I'm glad for AUS rugby that the reds stood up and showed the world that our amateur roots and values are still strong.

fa0019

Back to top Go down