The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 French Underdogs in the round of 4

+2
ryan86
invisiblecoolers
6 posters

Go down

2 French Underdogs in the round of 4 Empty 2 French Underdogs in the round of 4

Post by invisiblecoolers Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:35 pm

Two little know French players have made it to the round of 4 silently without much fuss. Having watched Kenny in many challengers I can say this guy do have a very big serve but kinda not mentally strong to close long matches, on the other hand Adrian Mannarino seems more complete player but I have watched him play just 1 game in some challanger.

Mannarino faces Kubot and Kenny faces Nando, while its tough they do have a great chance to go 1 step further , after than 1 of them has to face Murray and the other Jerry, but if they cross the obstacle we will have one unknown french player in the finals, thats pretty interesting, not sure Kenny will pass Verdasco test as Nando is in supreme form.

Murray do have some very tricky opponents from here on, Youzny next followed by most likely Nando in the quarters and Jerzy in the semi's and Djoko in the finals, however I rate him as the top favourite I am expecting an upset in the bottom draw. censored 

Djoko got even more tricky opponents from here on, Haas in the 4th, Berdych/Tomic in the quarters, Del Potro/Ferrer in the semis and Murray in the finals. drumroll  I am starting to fancy Del Boy's chances. Smile 

Inspite of two big guns bowing out early the Wimbledon is still an open book, and there is a chance for complete 2 new names to make the finals, Hewitt would be scratching his head for losing to David Brown , and Andy Roddick would have been upset with himself for to have not played 1 more year of Wimbledon.Sorry

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

2 French Underdogs in the round of 4 Empty Re: 2 French Underdogs in the round of 4

Post by ryan86 Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:51 pm

I'm sure I've read that the only player Youhzny has lost to on grass in about 20 years is Federer, but I might be slightly wrong there. Murray could have had much easier match. Probably Murray in 4.

I think it's the end for the two Frenchmen. Janowicz, em, I can see him being in a fight with Melzer.

I want Haas to beat Djokovic, but that's probably the heart speaking. Em, Seppi/del Potro, it's the type of match where you think del Potro should win and then you sit shaking your head. Ferrer should beat Dodig. Finally I'm thinking Tomic might upset Berdych.

I'm imagining a Monday line-up of.

Djokovic/Haas
Lisicki/Williams
Murray/Youhzny

Last edited by ryan86 on Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:26 pm; edited 2 times in total

ryan86

Back to top Go down

2 French Underdogs in the round of 4 Empty Re: 2 French Underdogs in the round of 4

Post by kingraf Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:56 pm

The funny thing is Ive been thinking the same thing about Roddick, Im sure he would back himself on this grass vs Murray and Djokovic.

As for Les Bleus, well we always knew that they are conveyor belt of tennis talent, To paraphase Robbie Koenig, "If youre playing a Frenchman, wether you heard of him or not, you better be prepared."
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:06 pm

kingraf wrote:The funny thing is Ive been thinking the same thing about Roddick, Im sure he would back himself on this grass vs Murray and Djokovic.

As for Les Bleus, well we always knew that they are conveyor belt of tennis talent, To paraphase Robbie Koenig, "If youre playing a Frenchman, wether you heard of him or not, you better be prepared."

How unfortunate for Roddick is tormentor lost in the 2nd round for the very first time in 10 years just after the year he retired picard .

On Frenchman thingy's yea I have heard such statement but thx for quoting the author which I never knew off.OK 

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:13 pm

"Inspite of two big guns bowing out early the Wimbledon is still an open book, and there is a chance for complete 2 new names to make the finals"

Laugh Laugh Laugh Whatever it is you're smoking, drop some round to my place Rolling Eyes 

Granted if Murray plays like he did against Wawrinka at US10 or Djokovich like he did against  Kohlshrieber a year earlier - then you're 'on the money'

Unfortunately the way Nole despatched with Chardy and Murray did with the most improved player (in terms of ranking) of the last year - means you are whistling in the dark

And of course the draw is sooooooo much weaker now that we've 'only' got the two players who have contested the last two non-clay slam finals and have had one of them in each of the last seven slam finals (before the French) that Roddick must indeed be regretting his decision picard

Last edited by banbrotam on Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:24 pm

kingraf wrote:The funny thing is Ive been thinking the same thing about Roddick, Im sure he would back himself on this grass vs Murray and Djokovic

Please behave. Murray's 2009 defeat to Roddick, remains easily his most disappointing Slam performance, simply because there was no reason for it

And some people forget that a certain Andy Murray beat an 'at peak' Roddick in 2006 at Wimbledon

If anyone can explain why Roddick would fancy his chances less than the current Rafa and Roger at Wimbledon than the current winner of the last 'major' tournament and the 2011 Wimby Champion, I'd view with interest

We seem to be getting the usual brickbats against the Top 2 as if they are some kind of impostors, i.e. "Rafa and Roger are now so bad, those two 'pushers' are at the top"

Novak and Andy have should a superb level of play during the last two years, away fron the dirt, which would have been unquestioned in previous eras

Instead, rather than praise for their sheer bloody mindedness in their refusal to give up on their much laughed wish to the Top 2 - we get these articles and comments

Did anyone actually see Novak play today - before suggesting Roddick would have fancied his chances?

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:37 pm

Okay, I'll try behave
Roddick has more Wimbledon finals them Murray and Djoko combined, for one. He has actually beaten Murray at SW19 secondly (wether you can explain it or not). Combined record vs Federer and Nadal is 6-28 (including one win over a teenage Nadal). Record vs Nole and Murray - 8-12. Murray is 8-3 up in the rivalry, but lost to him at Wimbledon before. Hardly outside the realm of Possiblity. Especially given how fast the grass was playing (cue utterings about "Greatest retuners in history)
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by ryan86 Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:20 pm

But the majority of Roddick's Wimbledon success came about a decade ago.

2006 - 3R to Murray (a teenage Murray)
2007 - QF to Gasquet (12)
2008 - 2R to Tipsarevic (Unranked at the time)
2010 - 4R to Lu (the same Lu Murray just beat)
2011 - 3R  to Lopez (in straight sets)
2012 - 3R to Ferrer
Olym - 2R to Djokovic (6-2 6-1)

I mean it's a decent line-up, but at the same time, some of these guys are the guys that are still in the tournaments and that he would have to beat.

Roddick had a good record at Wimbledon, but most of that good record was 2003-2005.

ryan86

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:23 am

Ryan, I wasnt suggesting that he beats Murray or Djokovic. But I would think he backs himself more against that duo, than the other two.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:28 pm

banbrotam wrote:
kingraf wrote:The funny thing is Ive been thinking the same thing about Roddick, Im sure he would back himself on this grass vs Murray and Djokovic

Please behave. Murray's 2009 defeat to Roddick, remains easily his most disappointing Slam performance, simply because there was no reason for it

And some people forget that a certain Andy Murray beat an 'at peak' Roddick in 2006 at Wimbledon

If anyone can explain why Roddick would fancy his chances less than the current Rafa and Roger at Wimbledon than the current winner of the last 'major' tournament and the 2011 Wimby Champion, I'd view with interest

We seem to be getting the usual brickbats against the Top 2 as if they are some kind of impostors, i.e. "Rafa and Roger are now so bad, those two 'pushers' are at the top"

Novak and Andy have should a superb level of play during the last two years, away fron the dirt, which would have been unquestioned in previous eras

Instead, rather than praise for their sheer bloody mindedness in their refusal to give up on their much laughed wish to the Top 2 - we get these articles and comments

Did anyone actually see Novak play today - before suggesting Roddick would have fancied his chances?

Gasquet beat Roddick in 2006. Andy was close to his peak of 2008 when he lost to Roddick at Wimbledon, I agree there was no reason he should have lost but his second serve was so slow that match you could see Roddick adjusting his swing to hit the return wherever he wanted.

Meh I still think Nadal does this boring style, that's dominating now, best if he's healthy. Maybe Fed wouldn't be able to live with the other 2 either regardless.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:51 pm

kingraf wrote:Okay, I'll try behave
Roddick has more Wimbledon finals them Murray and Djoko combined, for one. He has actually beaten Murray at SW19 secondly (wether you can explain it or not).  Combined record vs Federer and Nadal is 6-28 (including one win over a teenage Nadal). Record vs Nole and Murray - 8-12. Murray is 8-3 up in the rivalry, but lost to him at Wimbledon before. Hardly outside the realm of Possiblity. Especially given how fast the grass was playing (cue utterings about "Greatest retuners in history)

Spot on KR thumbsup 

Banbro, you need to cool down a bit bro, this is not a Murray bashing article, we just stating the facts which I know you don't like to hear, and nothing is certain about Murray unless he makes it eventhough he is the heavy favorite.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:55 pm

ryan86 wrote:But the majority of Roddick's Wimbledon success came about a decade ago.

2006 - 3R to Murray (a teenage Murray)
2007 - QF to Gasquet (12)
2008 - 2R to Tipsarevic (Unranked at the time)
2010 - 4R to Lu (the same Lu Murray just beat)
2011 - 3R  to Lopez (in straight sets)
2012 - 3R to Ferrer
Olym - 2R to Djokovic (6-2 6-1)

I mean it's a decent line-up, but at the same time, some of these guys are the guys that are still in the tournaments and that he would have to beat.

Roddick had a good record at Wimbledon, but most of that good record was 2003-2005.

Ryan, any player can beat anybody for a match on their given day, it could happen one off time, you completely forgot how pathetic Djoko's record in Wimbledon barring that 1 title, Roddick made more final appearnce than these two combined together in WImbledon so why would he not fancy his chances?Whistle Whistle  his main tormentor was Roger Federer without him being in the draw anymore he would have fancied his chances whether he wins or not is a different issue.

Murray is no Roger Federer and Nole is no Nadal.thumbsup 

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Slippy Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:31 pm

Murray basically destroyed Roddick to the extent of making him look a complete beginner last time they played on the fast grass of Queens. Hard to imagine Roddick really thinking he had much chance against either of them now they are approaching their peak.

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:53 pm

Born Slippy wrote:Hard to imagine Roddick really thinking he had much chance against either of them now they are approaching their peak.

So they are approaching their peak now and not at their peak right Laugh notworthy notworthy notworthy 

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down