The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boxers who never made their main attribute count

5 posters

Go down

Boxers who never made their main attribute count Empty Boxers who never made their main attribute count

Post by Pedro147 Fri 12 Jul 2013, 9:07 pm

Just from one of the Haye/Fury threads in which people saying Fury is a fighter who doesn't use his height and reach advantage like he should. Also mentioned Paul Williams as another.

I'd put Khan in that mix too. Über faster hands but stays in range too long and gets tagged and then tries stand toe to toe with his opppnent which isn't his strong point.

What other boxers are there that don't use their main attribute to their advantage?

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Boxers who never made their main attribute count Empty Re: Boxers who never made their main attribute count

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 12 Jul 2013, 9:16 pm

Riddick Bowe. When God gives you a jab like that, why would you want to continually abandon it and get drawn in to up-close brawls like he so often did?
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Boxers who never made their main attribute count Empty Re: Boxers who never made their main attribute count

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 12 Jul 2013, 9:28 pm

Perhaps chris but it was sexy when he did it Wink excellent sight seeing a giant flowing on the inside with combo after combo.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 12 Jul 2013, 9:35 pm

True enough, mate. Bowe's inside game for such a big lad was very impressive. Holyfield should be thankful he went to it so much, because I don't think he'd have been able to touch Riddick if he hadn't been completely off his rocker.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 12 Jul 2013, 9:48 pm

agreed but I think it afforded us the privelige of some spectacular moments that wouldn't have materialised had bowe his head screwed on. Despite the awesome fights and the battles - my favourite two bowe fight moments don't even involve him - fan man and the guy who got a chair to his head in the golota riots Laugh. I think we got some legendary nights at the expense of bowe's potential

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Jul 2013, 10:13 pm

I can still remember the fan man incident like it was yesterday. I'm sure that fight was repeated the following Monday night on ITV and I didn't even know anything about the fan man incident until I watched the fight. Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 15 Jul 2013, 9:39 am

Price?

That tall and heavy, with amateur pedigree, his jab should be tattoed on this opponents face (a la Lewis/WK) and used to controla and dominate the fight. Instead he just paws it, has no control over distance/range, and just hopes he can land that huge right. If not his lack of control inevitably leads to him getting tagged.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 15 Jul 2013, 10:16 am

Donald Curry
------------

Should have been a superstar....Most skillful counter puncher I've ever seen and one of the greatest body attacks of the 80s............wonderful pressure fighter..

Started knocking people out and lazily started to look for the big shot instead of concentrating on doing what he did best......

Tyson Fury
-----------

When you stand 6 ft 9 and weigh 250 ..........why fight with your mouth ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down