The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lancaster hopes New Zealand have unbeaten year

+3
kiakahaaotearoa
Notch
Rugby Fan
7 posters

Go down

Lancaster hopes New Zealand have unbeaten year Empty Lancaster hopes New Zealand have unbeaten year

Post by Rugby Fan Mon 18 Nov 2013, 1:01 pm

Lancaster also stressed he hoped New Zealand, minus the injured Dan Carter and Tony Woodcock, beat Ireland this weekend and become the first Test team in the professional era to go through a calendar year unbeaten. "I went into their changing-room to say well done and congratulate them on their victory because they deserve that respect. I do hope they get that unbeaten record. I think they probably deserve it."
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/nov/17/england-rugby-union-all-blacks

I'll be cheering on Ireland. I can understand Lancaster wanting to show respect but he's effectively said he wants Ireland to lose, which I'm not sure is the right message to send.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Lancaster hopes New Zealand have unbeaten year Empty Re: Lancaster hopes New Zealand have unbeaten year

Post by Notch Mon 18 Nov 2013, 1:07 pm

Cheers Stuart (ya big bald bollox)

Wink Leprechaun 
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Lancaster hopes New Zealand have unbeaten year Empty Re: Lancaster hopes New Zealand have unbeaten year

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Mon 18 Nov 2013, 1:07 pm

I think it's the right message. Save those yummy ranking points for us not Ireland! That's what he's saying.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Mon 18 Nov 2013, 6:05 pm

Interesting if he said it and meant it. With his visit to NZ, Ellis and this he looks a little besotted with NZ rugby.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Mon 18 Nov 2013, 6:11 pm

Does this mean the English will now be unpopular in Ireland?!!

Run 

To quote another poster - I'll be supporting the team who play the best rugby on the day.

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowshot Mon 18 Nov 2013, 6:46 pm

Well, with Irish family I'll be shouting for them. Were I neutral I'd support them as underdogs, especially since after the other night they really need all the help they can get.Crying or Very sad I expect a reaction but I doubt it'll be enough. Very skilled unit the ABs.

I suspect Lancaster is doing his best to give the NZ Press and public as little reason as possible to whip up the emotions before our summer tour... I don't think it'll work, mind you, but good effort. And good manners. Glad to see it.

Cowshot

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Mon 18 Nov 2013, 7:48 pm

Rugby Fan wrote:
Lancaster also stressed he hoped New Zealand, minus the injured Dan Carter and Tony Woodcock, beat Ireland this weekend and become the first Test team in the professional era to go through a calendar year unbeaten. "I went into their changing-room to say well done and congratulate them on their victory because they deserve that respect. I do hope they get that unbeaten record. I think they probably deserve it."
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/nov/17/england-rugby-union-all-blacks

I'll be cheering on Ireland. I can understand Lancaster wanting to show respect but he's effectively said he wants Ireland to lose, which I'm not sure is the right message to send.
If he'd said he wanted Ireland to win then he would have been accused of sour grapes and wanting NZ to fall short of the record.

Why should he 'support' or 'back' another home nation over anyone else? It's not like it's Lions time and 'We All Stand Together' (Frog Chorus waiting for tired bodies in the following 6Ns) Wink

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Mon 18 Nov 2013, 7:51 pm

True Cyril...and you dont seem to have that ANZAC type thing over there...

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down