The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predictions for this weekends internationals?

+7
Scratch
flyhalffactory
ME-109
Biltong
tigertattie
whocares
maestegmafia
11 posters

Go down

Pick the winners

Predictions for this weekends internationals? Vote_lcap17%Predictions for this weekends internationals? Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 22 ]
Predictions for this weekends internationals? Vote_lcap3%Predictions for this weekends internationals? Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 4 ]
Predictions for this weekends internationals? Vote_lcap13%Predictions for this weekends internationals? Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 17 ]
Predictions for this weekends internationals? Vote_lcap6%Predictions for this weekends internationals? Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 8 ]
Predictions for this weekends internationals? Vote_lcap11%Predictions for this weekends internationals? Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 14 ]
Predictions for this weekends internationals? Vote_lcap9%Predictions for this weekends internationals? Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 12 ]
Predictions for this weekends internationals? Vote_lcap8%Predictions for this weekends internationals? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 10 ]
Predictions for this weekends internationals? Vote_lcap12%Predictions for this weekends internationals? Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 16 ]
Predictions for this weekends internationals? Vote_lcap6%Predictions for this weekends internationals? Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 8 ]
Predictions for this weekends internationals? Vote_lcap15%Predictions for this weekends internationals? Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 20 ]

Total Votes : 131

Poll closed

Predictions for this weekends internationals? Empty Predictions for this weekends internationals?

Post by maestegmafia Fri 22 Nov 2013, 2:41 pm

From Planet Rugby's website

Wales vs Tonga = Wales by 10
Scotland vs Australia = Australia by 13
Italy vs Argentina = Italy by 7
France vs SA = SA by 5
Ireland vs NZ = NZ by 15

Wales v Tonga:

No surprise to see that Wales are 1/33 favourites to win at home against the Pacific Island visitors, although Tonga did put up a fight (in some cases literally) against France.

For that reason Tonga are 11/1 on to win in Cardiff and at an eye-watering 50/1 to win by 13 points or more.

A bet seriously worth looking out for is Fetu'u Vainikolo - who is 20/1 as a first try scorer and has 11 tries in 11 Tests for Tonga in his career to date. George North otherwise is the favourite at 11/2, with Hallam Amos at 13/2 on his debut.

A Tongan try as the first score is 12/1. Unsurprisingly given their fiery clash against the French, the odds of a red card are 11/2.

Prediction: Wales by 10

Scotland v Australia:

Somewhat incredibly, the Scots are unbeaten in seven years against the Wallabies, having won their past two fixtures.

Even in spite of the makeshift Australian backline, we think the visitors will claim a comfortable victory, and as such, like a winning margin of 11-15 points for Ewen McKenzie's men.

Israel Folau, as always, is worth a first scorer punt at 8/1, with other enticing options Quade Cooper (16/1), Chris Feauai-Sautia (10/1) and Tommy Seymour (14/1).

Scotland won't play as poorly as they did last week against the Springboks, but they won't make it a hat-trick of consecutive Wallaby wins either.

Prediction: Australia by 13

Italy v Argentina:

An intriguing clash between a fatigued Pumas outfit, and an Italian side that enjoyed a good Six Nations campaign under Jacques Brunel.

It looks set to be a tight, forward-oriented affair, with the safest option a punt on either side to win by 1-5 points at 4/1. The inspirational Sergio Parisse is 14/1 to score first, with Luke McLean also worth a look at 16/1.

We don't anticipate a classic here.

Prediction: Italy by 7

France v South Africa:

The world's second-best team travel to play a side that has only won twice in 2013 against Scotland and Tonga.

South Africa will look to round out their year with another impressive win after nilling Scotland last week - the odds of them repeating that against France are 30/1.

Otherwise the Boks are narrow favourites at 2/5, although a French lead at the break by 1-7 points is at 3/1.

France coming from behind at half-time to win overall however is 9/1.

Sofiane Guitoune scored on debut last weekend and is 12/1 to grab the first try in Paris, while Willie Le Roux is down at 11/1.

Look out for Damien Chouly as an anytime try scorer off the base of the scrum as well for France at 7/1. A French try as the first score of the match is also down at the same odds.

Prediction: South Africa by 5

Ireland v New Zealand:

A special offer with Paddy Power this week means that all losing try scorer bets will be refunded if Ireland winger Tommy Bowe - at 18/1 to score first and 3/1 anytime - gets over the line.

Otherwise the All Blacks are obviously huge favourites at 1/25 following their unbeaten year and Ireland's awful record against them and poor performance against Australia - hence 10/1.

Even a narrow Irish lead at the break seems foolish at 6/1, but should they lead and the All Blacks come from behind to win the odds are 7/1.

Ben Smith's marksman year could continue and he is another first try scorer option at 9/1.

New Zealand winning to nil? 17/1.

Prediction: New Zealand by 15

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Predictions for this weekends internationals? Empty Re: Predictions for this weekends internationals?

Post by whocares Fri 22 Nov 2013, 2:54 pm

I went for a NH full house Smile

whocares

Back to top Go down

Predictions for this weekends internationals? Empty Re: Predictions for this weekends internationals?

Post by maestegmafia Fri 22 Nov 2013, 3:16 pm

whocares wrote:I went for a NH full house Smile
If Ireland have put last weeks test behind them and learnt from the lessons taught by the Australians with a bit of luck they could beat the All Blacks, it is certainly not inconceivable considering how tired the ABs looked last week after a long season.

France look re-juvinated, players like Dulin are very exciting. They could easily post a win over the Boks if things go well on the night. I think I read your post regarding the french backrow lacking pace and their slow pack may well be their undoing? But Parra is in rude form and if he can marshall the game well then who knows it could be a very good night for the French.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 22 Nov 2013, 3:22 pm

5 folk actually think Ireland will beat the All Blacks?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 22 Nov 2013, 3:24 pm

There are similar thoughts on Frnace beating SA.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 22 Nov 2013, 3:27 pm

Of course Ireland are going to win...

Also when was the last time SA beat France in France Biltong- 97 I believe since then France have won 6 times (four at home) and drawn one...looks as if they should be clear favourites.

Havent they won three series out in South Africa as well...seem to be more your Bogey team than for the ABs..

Last edited by ME-109 on Fri 22 Nov 2013, 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 22 Nov 2013, 3:30 pm

Biltong wrote:There are similar thoughts on Frnace beating SA.
France have a good team and ran the ABs very close a couple of weeks ago, in fact no one has got closer to beating the ABs all year than France did a fortnight ago.

France are probably the Strongest opposition that the Boks will face this tour on current evidence. They are not the side that toured NZ this summer or the team that fell apart in the Six nations last spring. They have some really exciting players.

It is the closest game to call this weekend, I think that the five point win suggested by Superbru is very generous.

Regarding Ireland, the ABs have won their last two games against the English and the French but with two of their narrowest margins of 2013. They will need to really focus on this match in Dublin if the Irish are at their best, we saw how the ABs had tired at the end of last season. It could well be Irelands best opportunity to get their first win over the ABs.

Last edited by maestegmafia on Fri 22 Nov 2013, 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Fri 22 Nov 2013, 3:32 pm

french backrow lacks mainly power...anyway it's all a bit of fun those predictions, mine was more wishful thinking than realistic! be nice to have all NH nations beating SH ones on the same day! even though the exact opposite might happen

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 22 Nov 2013, 3:34 pm

whocares wrote:french backrow lacks mainly power...anyway it's all a bit of fun those predictions, mine was more wishful thinking than realistic! be nice to have all NH nations beating SH ones on the same day! even though the exact opposite might happen
Very True...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Nov 2013, 3:56 pm

Not the best of ways to do a poll Maes, but thanks for the effort any way! What I mean by that is the results are a bit meaningless. Wales are on 16%. Does that mean that 84% of people didn't vote for them or don't think they'll win? How does it work?

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 22 Nov 2013, 3:58 pm

Not the same Bok team.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Fri 22 Nov 2013, 3:58 pm

12/1 for a Tongan first try is gotta be worth a punt of a tenner = £130..... that accumulator with three SH wins after. Might have a quick sprint down the bookies now!
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Fri 22 Nov 2013, 4:02 pm

Rugby
Wales, hopefully by a cricket score
N Z by 20
South Africa but not sure by how much, think the French will turn up
Australia by lots
Italy by a couple
Cricket
England will drop a goal in the last over and win by 6

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri 22 Nov 2013, 4:05 pm

tigertattie wrote:5 folk actually think Ireland will beat the All Blacks?
Make that 6. No team has even beaten Ireland 23 times in a row. Erm we have to win at some stage!!!

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Fri 22 Nov 2013, 4:06 pm

Going very obvious and uninteresting all round this week: Wales, Australia, Italy, SA and NZ to win. Wales should at least scrape a messy affair. I'd go for a comfortable win but for the amount of changes Gatland has made and the fact that the 2nd choice usually struggles against the Islanders. Perhaps I am being complacent. Fiji in Hamilton is the only recent instance of Wales outclassing one of them.

Scotland have recorded a couple of well-deserved wins against the Ozzies in the last few years and could capitalise on the number of players on disciplinary leave. But this Aussie squad have been together for roughly 5 months now and after their initial transition they are now starting to look healthier.

Italy-Argentina is more difficult to call. Both sides are on forgettable form, Italy showing dreadful execution against a depleted Fiji (their first win since the 6N I believe) and the Pumas currently on quite a remarkable losing streak. Italy to edge a scrappy affair.

SA have got some momentum on their side, possibly the best build-up they could muster going for a first win in France since 97(?) Will the Tonga win rouse France from their stupor? They have been dire under Saint Andre even by the erratic high-low standards of French rugby.

BOD's last career game against the All Blacks and his last opportunity to score a historic win, a first for Ireland has been getting a lot of hype. I just can't see a NZ run which has cut through all, including their closest rivals SA in their stronghold, halting in Dublin.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 22 Nov 2013, 4:23 pm

Biltong wrote:Not the same Bok team.
Not the same French team either...you seem to have a real issue with the French in the last 10 years or so.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 22 Nov 2013, 4:28 pm

ME-109 wrote:
Biltong wrote:Not the same Bok team.
Not the same French team either...you seem to have a real issue with the French in the last 10 years or so.
We have been competitive in France but didn't get over the hurdle, except for one match they beat us soundly in.

In 2005 and 2009 the last times we played in France both games were within 7 points.

When you consider how we improved this year it will be really poor if we lose tomorrow.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by MMaaxx Fri 22 Nov 2013, 4:30 pm

http://www.supersport.com/rugby/springboks/news/131122/France_not_a_bogey_for_Boks

View from a SA sport site

MMaaxx

Location : New place every week, live between SA, Porugal and UK

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 22 Nov 2013, 4:31 pm

Given how France played against the ABs, they will be targeting this one and will probably expect the win.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 22 Nov 2013, 4:34 pm

Article doesn't mention the record over the last ten games since 97..must be the poorest record for a sh team

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 22 Nov 2013, 4:40 pm

I am sure France is expecting to win, however if we play anywhere close to our potential as we have shown during the season then we should win.

We had a 5 match losing streak against OZ when Meyer took over, we lost the first match against them under Meyer and since then have thumped them 3 matches in succession.

Since 2010 we have only had one loss against a European team, and that was Scotland 20 november 2010.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 22 Nov 2013, 4:41 pm

ME-109 wrote:Article doesn't mention the record over the last ten games since 97..must be the poorest record for a sh team
10 games?
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 22 Nov 2013, 4:48 pm

I missed the 2006 loss of 10 points
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Fri 22 Nov 2013, 4:56 pm

sounds about as likely as getting 5 Aces in a hand of poker Smile

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri 22 Nov 2013, 5:00 pm

quinsforever wrote:
The only way you can get that hand is if you cheat which is a good parallel to this weekends rugby because England and France are very good at cheating so it could happen.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Fri 22 Nov 2013, 5:08 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
quinsforever wrote:
The only way you can get that hand is if you cheat which is a good parallel to this weekends rugby because England and France are very good at cheating so it could happen.
england would really need to pull some epic sleight of hand out of the bag to get a win this weekend Wink

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri 22 Nov 2013, 5:11 pm

They will probably just claim a piece of Wales' victory since there are so many English in the Wales team.

Just messing. Love England!!!!

Have a nice weekend.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 22 Nov 2013, 5:20 pm

GunsGerms wrote:They will probably just claim a piece of Wales' victory since there are so many English in the Wales team.

Just messing. Love England!!!!

Have a nice weekend.
Don't we all

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 22 Nov 2013, 10:21 pm

Well four lads called it wrong with the Tonga vs Wales match. Not the greatest but Wales have won.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down