The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cipriani tries to engineer Bath move

+3
Hydroxymoron
mickyt
Notch
7 posters

Go down

Cipriani tries to engineer Bath move Empty Cipriani tries to engineer Bath move

Post by Notch Thu 19 May 2011, 1:44 pm

...Bath are less keen.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/13455339.stm

"We have been contacted by Danny Cipriani's representatives but he is not top of our list," chief executive Nick Blofeld told the Bath Chronicle.

"The approach came at the last minute.

"Obviously Danny is a very talented player but we don't know what has happened in Australia yet and we didn't want to go off-strategy and sign somebody at the last minute.

"But he is someone we have looked at before and somebody we could look at again."

So, after getting himself suspended internally by the Rebels for behaving like a spilt child he's now in the press visibly trying to engineer a move away. I'm sure the fans in Melbourne just love him Rolling Eyes

But could Bath use him? Everyone knows they were in with big money for Carter but were rebuffed. They need a 10. Could be interesting.

If I was a coach I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole after the way he's behaved in Melbourne.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Cipriani tries to engineer Bath move Empty Re: Cipriani tries to engineer Bath move

Post by mickyt Thu 19 May 2011, 1:50 pm

I think he is being lined up as you say because Carter has said no.

I don' t think this guy will make anything of his career unfortunately.

I was really willing him to do well in the Super 15 & Apart from a very poor level of missed tackles and defence, he seemed to be comfortable there and was kicking very well.

I thought mcQueen would help develop other areas of his game, but I feel that Cippriani is hell bent on ruining his career.
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Cipriani tries to engineer Bath move Empty Re: Cipriani tries to engineer Bath move

Post by Hydroxymoron Thu 19 May 2011, 1:52 pm

Discussing on the father-site, there was talk of the reunion 'tween McGeechan and Cipriani sparking change in the young man's attitude.

Personally, I can't see it. It would be a huge gamble by Bath who are mounting a serious search for a fly-half going by the DC-reports. (Well, that's one application of 'serious').

Maybe time will pass, he'll patter out in Melbourne, return to England for a mid-table side and show a determination and club ethic that'll invigorate the still-young Cipriani.

Or Kelly Brook could take him back. Though a cruel number of photoshopped images on google show her pregnant?!

Hydroxymoron

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 19 May 2011, 1:53 pm

Trying to angle for a move before his contract end because he's been told he has to not go out clubbing every night and actually turn up for training does not suggest someone with the drive to actually make it to the top.

Kelly Brook is actually pregnant I believe Hydro. Not that that has anything to do with rugby laughing
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydroxymoron Thu 19 May 2011, 1:58 pm

You don't rate Thom Evans so? Wink

Hydroxymoron

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 19 May 2011, 2:00 pm

Cipriani is a man who you think is an idiot until he signs for your club. If I were at the helm at the Scarlets, I'd take him on.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 May 2011, 2:04 pm

Glas - please don't say that! I don't want him anywhere near the Scarlets, I don't think we need him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 19 May 2011, 2:07 pm

If Ian Humphreys missed an important league game for Ulster because he had been out boozing the night before and didn't show up for training, I'd be absolutely spitting nails Glas. I would want him replaced.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Thu 19 May 2011, 3:14 pm

Notch wrote:If Ian Humphreys missed an important league game for Ulster because he had been out boozing the night before and didn't show up for training, I'd be absolutely spitting nails Glas. I would want him replaced.

and McL and his big bro would go through him. Bath would be well advised to keep away. They have had their fair share of off field headlines and i for one hope they dont go down this route

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by Joeshmoe Thu 19 May 2011, 8:34 pm

Bath are 'close' with 2 fly-halves allegedly, and not Cipriani

Hernandez, McAllister and Steyn have been mentioned locally but it will probably end up being Gopperth Rolling Eyes

Joeshmoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 19 May 2011, 8:42 pm

That's generally the way it goes, yes. It might be a slight advantage to not be waiting on them to get back from the RWC. I'd love to see Hernandez away from the blackhole of back play that is Racing Metro.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 May 2011, 8:43 pm

Kelly Brook was pregnant, but she lost the baby.

Seems a bit strange that he is trying to engineer a move. I'd have thought that he wouldn't be without a club for long. Don't know what English side would want to go for him off the top of my head though. Cardiff Blues should go in for him, given their recent problems with 10's. He can't do worse than SNK or Dan Parks really. Have Gloucester replaced Nicky Robinson yet?

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu 19 May 2011, 8:48 pm

Do you think Cip's doing a Henson? Maybe Cips wants to be in the England RWC squad Wink

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down