The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Froch vs Groves Arena Announced Tomorrow

+24
catchweight
Seanusarrilius
sittingringside
hazharrison
Mayweathers cellmate
3fingers
compelling and rich
Strongback
John Bloody Wayne
mobilemaster8
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
owen10ozzy
TRUSSMAN66
TopHat24/7
seanmichaels
Rodney
88Chris05
Izzi
Steffan
AlexHuckerby
spencerclarke
hogey
Rowley
hampo17
28 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Froch vs Groves Arena Announced Tomorrow - Page 2 Empty Froch vs Groves Arena Announced Tomorrow

Post by hampo17 Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

Eddie Hearn is set to announce this tomorrow, Groves has said he won't go to Nottingham and Froch has said he'll fight him anywhere.

Would be funny if Eddie announces it's at the Copper Box Very Happy

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Froch vs Groves Arena Announced Tomorrow - Page 2 Empty Re: Froch vs Groves Arena Announced Tomorrow

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:33 am

Mayweathers cellmate wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:More interesting is, IMO, is that HBO have picked it up.

If he wins that could be good big exposure Stateside for GG.

Does that mean a 2am start?

Doubt it, awkwardly.

Wouldn't be able to get a licence to hold it at Wembley if 50k people are expected to turn up with almost no transport arrangements.

Can't imagine it'll be any later than 11pm, so people can still make last tubes if it goes the distance.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Froch vs Groves Arena Announced Tomorrow - Page 2 Empty Re: Froch vs Groves Arena Announced Tomorrow

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:34 am

Not a big fight in America.........Delayed broadcast......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayweathers cellmate Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:39 am

Hatton v Tszyu, Calzaghe v Kessler, also not big fights in America but started early hours.

Mayweathers cellmate

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:40 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:Yep, EH just tweeted it - Wembley it is!!

Not accessible - how'd you figure that?

Three tube lines and an overground line plus it's just off the A406 (think inner M25) for easy road access.

Pretty sure some of the lads I work with had to leave an England game early, but that could have been because of the traffic. Did he say when tickets are going on sale?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:44 am

Mayweathers cellmate wrote:Hatton v Tszyu, Calzaghe v Kessler, also not big fights in America but started early hours.

Calzaghe beat Lacy in a big fight previously ..........and was divisional number 1........A top 10 p4per.....

Tszyu was one of the best fighters around, a top p4per and exciting.....and Hatton was an unbeaten alphabet champ..........

Froch isn't number 1.........and no one has heard of Groves.......

Hardly the same Mate........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:45 am

Tubes run till midnight, they must've drove.

Still think they've over egged it, I've been to England matches and play-off finals there and never had to leave early or had any issue with traffic.

If you want transport issues you should try Twickers!!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:47 am

Ticket details out later in the week, go on sale Monday.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:51 am

It's the red hair that'll keep HBO and America interested in Groves, Truss. It's a marketing man's dream. I mean, after all, that's the only reason that cherry-picked, otherwise undeserving hype job Alvarez got the Mayweather gig!.....

Joking aside, I think Groves could be a good overseas asset to HBO if he wins. I reckon his quietly confident personality and well-spoken demeanour with just a hint of arrogance impresses quite a lot of people. I think a big aspect of HBO showing some interest is the Ward element. He seems pretty cosy on the network, having slipped in to that commentator role between his fights, and I reckon his pay masters know that, if he insists on staying at 168 as he maintains he will for the foreseeable future, he's a bit thin on attractive options.

The other title holders in the division: Froch (IBF), already beaten by Ward. Bika (WBC), already beaten by Ward. Abraham (WBO), already beaten by Ward.

If Groves can win in front of one of the biggest crowds assembled for a boxing match in recent times then he at least offers Ward an interesting bout, and he is at least a young fighter, too, a contrast to the aforementioned titlists who are all getting a shade long in the tooth. If Groves doesn't come through, what else is Ward going to do at Super-Middle which will get people talking and intrigued? A rematch with Froch? Chavez Jr? A foul-filled snooze fest of a rematch with Bika?
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayweathers cellmate Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:52 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Mayweathers cellmate wrote:Hatton v Tszyu, Calzaghe v Kessler, also not big fights in America but started early hours.

Calzaghe beat Lacy in a big fight previously ..........and was divisional number 1........A top 10 p4per.....

Tszyu was one of the best fighters around, a top p4per and exciting.....and Hatton was an unbeaten alphabet champ..........

Froch isn't number 1.........and no one has heard of Groves.......

Hardly the same Mate........

Didn't Calzaghe Kessler do the worst numbers in HBO history?

Mayweathers cellmate

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:52 am

Poor old Springsteen they turned the lights off on him in London didn't they ??

I'd hate for the fans to get all fever-pitched just for the lights to go out when the first bell rings and then a Council official pops up and say's ......."Right everybody out!!"

Then again think of the ticket sales for the third fight if this happened !! Cool 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayweathers cellmate Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:55 am

"HBO said it finalized a deal with promoter Eddie Hearn for the American broadcast rights to the bout and will air the fight live in the afternoon. "

Thank **** for that.

Mayweathers cellmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:41 pm

I watched a football match sitting in the top tier of Wembly. Won't do that again for football never mind trying to watch boxing from there.

Personally I wouldn't sit further back that the first tier which itself stretches back a fair distance from the centre of the pitch.

Best place to watch boxing is a small hall followed by your favourite arm chair with a drink of your choice in hand.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:49 pm

I'm hoping to attend this one via my new friendship with Eddie Wink

Other than that it's a cheap hotel and a meet up with anybody on here who's going.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:54 pm

Strongback wrote:I watched a football match sitting in the top tier of Wembly.  Won't do that again for football never mind trying to watch boxing from there..

Best seat in the house when Ireland are playing soccer...........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:27 pm

"Most dangerous" you mean

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:37 pm

hampo171 wrote:I'm hoping to attend this one via my new friendship with Eddie Wink

Other than that it's a cheap hotel and a meet up with anybody on here who's going.

Trade press will gobble those seats up. I'd be amazed if internet guys get a look in.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:43 pm

Should be Froch's retirement fight this. In a way it would be nice for Groves to win and signal a changing of the guard in British boxing, but I don't really see him making big waves stateside.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:44 pm

Problem is, I still can't see him ever beating Ward. Therefore he'll never be 'the man' at the weight.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:47 pm

People can say what they like about Eddie Hearn, but he has brought boxing back to the masses with this one. Wembley!! Come on. This is great news!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:21 pm

**SHOCK HORROR, TRUSS CRITICISES A FIGHT BECAUSE AN AMERICAN ISNT INVOLVED**
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:22 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:**SHOCK HORROR, TRUSS CRITICISES A FIGHT BECAUSE AN AMERICAN ISNT INVOLVED**

Criticizes......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:23 pm

hazharrison wrote:
hampo171 wrote:I'm hoping to attend this one via my new friendship with Eddie Wink

Trade press will gobble those seats up. I'd be amazed if internet guys get a look in.

Probably right, but I'm sure that Boxing Asylum and First Class Boxing went to the first fight so who knows.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:24 pm

The mainstream press should gobble up some press passes Haz but the press area will be about 10 times the size of other venues for this so would be hopeful that there will be a pass or two for the guys.

Plus why would Hearn freeze out the guys who continuously follow his shows now? The big reporters will only be interested in this fight but the internet guys will always be there
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:52 pm

A couple of Matchroom lick ass articles and how Eddie saved British boxing should be enough to get a few passes.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:05 pm

Why not Strongy? Being ringside to report on a fight like this all for being nice to Eddie. What's the problem haha
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:09 pm

Strongback wrote:A couple of Matchroom lick ass articles and how Eddie saved British boxing should be enough to get a few passes.

More than a couple Mate If the recent past is anything to go by..

Just glad Fury doesn't fight for Hearn after that shocking lick ass one we had to suffer a few weeks ago........Set a new low even by 606 standards.. Cool 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:11 pm

Yet to see you write anything better Truss, at least their.....grammer....was....better....than.....yours....

Wink

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:13 pm

Mediocrity knows nothing higher.....Talent recognizes genius..

Keep reading..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:15 pm

TRUSS wouldn't know genius if it sucked him off and put a fiver in his back pocket

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:20 pm

I must admit I do have a lot of people wanting to pay me for sex......

When you're American with a good physique over here....It comes with the territory !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:23 pm

Well said about the Fury article and the attempts to create bonds with the biggest promoter in the UK. As everyone on here knows any attempt to elevate the standing of the forum or create something that will make it stand out from the countless other forums out there must be met with cynicism or mockery, failing that complete indifference is an absolute must. Have some respect for tradition.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:25 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Mediocrity knows nothing higher.....Talent recognizes genius..

Keep reading..

Recognises.

Can't even spell, ffs, let alone write an article.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:27 pm

Rowley wrote:Well said about the Fury article and the attempts to create bonds with the biggest promoter in the UK. As everyone on here knows any attempt to elevate the standing of the forum or create something that will make it stand out from the countless other forums out there must be met with cynicism or mockery, failing that complete indifference is an absolute must. Have some respect for tradition.

I'll try...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:29 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Mediocrity knows nothing higher.....Talent recognizes genius..

Keep reading..

Recognises.

Can't even spell, ffs, let alone write an article.

Not according to the FREE dictionary on...google.............

Run a long you point-less wum.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:30 pm

Some 'free' dictionary on the web is irrelevant, you spell it like OED or you spell it wrong. It's that simple.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:30 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:The mainstream press should gobble up some press passes Haz but the press area will be about 10 times the size of other venues for this so would be hopeful that there will be a pass or two for the guys.

Plus why would Hearn freeze out the guys who continuously follow his shows now? The big reporters will only be interested in this fight but the internet guys will always be there

There were a sum total of 25 passes for Burns vs Crawford all snapped up by trade press (internet writers were also shut out of Haye vs Fury).

Last edited by hazharrison on Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:32 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Some 'free' dictionary on the web is irrelevant, you spell it like OED or you spell it wrong. It's that simple.

Your are pointless ..I'm not interested in you.....

You've got nothing to say !! Cool 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:33 pm

This is double the size of either of those fights tho......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:34 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Some 'free' dictionary on the web is irrelevant, you spell it like OED or you spell it wrong. It's that simple.

Your are pointless ..I'm not interested in you.....

You've got nothing to say !! Cool 

Neither do you but it doesn't stop you repeating the same thing over........and over........and over........and over again.......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:35 pm

Not sure what Rowley is on about...I've remarked it's a good thing getting press packs and all this...Raising profiles.....

Just don't want to see a good site compromised........Not that it is...

Just calm down...........I've not started anything..

I'm not the one repeatedly calling people "Ignorant"......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:35 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:This is double the size of either of those fights tho......

Small hall shows attract local trade press and a few internet guys. A national event like this attracts national press (and so internet writers tend to be frozen out).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:37 pm

hazharrison wrote:

Small hall shows attract local trade press and a few internet guys. A national event like this attracts national press (and so internet writers tend to be frozen out).

Don't know Haz........Not seen a 90,000 fight before over here..........Only chavez - Haugen is on a scale...similar.... who knows what press access they had there..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:39 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
hazharrison wrote:

Don't know Haz........Not seen a 90,000 fight before over here..........Only chavez - Haugen is on a scale...similar.... who knows what press access they had there..

I'd be amazed if they sold 90, 000 tickets for it. They'll be lucky to do half that surely?

The US have more in the region of 250 credentialled media. 25 for Burns vs Crawford was miniscule in comparison.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:42 pm

Haz where did you get that figure from?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:44 pm

I think you're right mate.......I don't see 90,000 being sold.........Not because of the interest..

But because you won't see jack-turd from the back of the arena........

Anyway 50,000 would be huge..

I imagine however they'll be access for our boys in the Press section......Which is good.....Because we all want what is best for 606.. thumbsup 

Now let's sing kumbaya and make up.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:51 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I think you're right mate.......I don't see 90,000 being sold.........Not because of the interest..

But because you won't see jack-turd from the back of the arena........

Anyway 50,000 would be huge..

I imagine however they'll be access for our boys in the Press section......Which is good.....Because we all want what is best for 606.. thumbsup 

Now let's sing kumbaya and make up.......

I can't even see 50k unless the tickets are really reasonable (like £20-30), which seems highly unlikely.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:54 pm

I'm thinking they'll go for a higher PPV price..also.......

20-30 pound..............No chance of that..........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:58 pm

Didn't Froch-Kess sell out in about 2 hours?

Only half that many seats but they were bloody expensive!!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:59 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I'm thinking they'll go for a higher PPV price..also.......

20-30 pound..............No chance of that..........

Not in London, overpriced toilet that it is. If it does more than 30k I'll be impressed (actual tickets sold rather than given away).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:02 pm

Eddie seems to be working on the slightly surreal premise that people will buy tickets just so they can say "I was there" to people who were A/ Also there and won't really care a week afterwards or B/ Couldn't get tickets and will be jealous/angry/violent or C/ Weren't interested and couldn't less care if they were there or not.

The back of the MEN or whatever it's called this week is a bit of a stretch when it comes to "feeling the atmosphere" so Lord only knows how disconnected you'll be sat in ZZ at Wembley watching it on giant screen that in reality will be no bigger than the screen on mid priced smart phone.

Reminds me of the sketch when Lenry Henry talked about seeing Michael Jackson at Wembley with such a poor view, people at the back peering through binoculars asking, "Is that the guy from Diff'rent Strokes?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next