The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Groves has to win early !!!

+16
rob-glos
Gentleman01
superflyweight
lambertm100
seanmichaels
TopHat24/7
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
hogey
88Chris05
Hammersmith harrier
rodders
aja424
compelling and rich
Strongback
Boxtthis
TRUSSMAN66
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Why Groves has to win early !!! - Page 2 Empty Why Groves has to win early !!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 01 Apr 2014, 7:49 am

First topic message reminder :

Think there are a number of reasons why a long fight doesn't suit Groves..

1. Froch is a very good pressure fighter in the Azumah Nelson mode..With his stalking style it makes opponents work more than they want to...Watch Groves work rate...No wonder he gassed..

2. Groves had a free ride for the first three rounds against a man on jelly legs...Froch only really got started in the 4th and still won more points between rounds 4-9...Without the knockdown how much harder would it have been for Groves..?

3. Experience..Froch has gone the distance plenty of times and knows he can do it in tough fights...

4. Groves chin....It's not the best and a la the first fight when he gets hit he looks to trade..Big mistake...Longer the fight goes the more certain it is he gets nailed...

Of course Froch may have aged between fights but he boxes with a conservative style that more than offsets Groves hyper busy one in the stamina stakes.

Just my opinion....Feel free to disagree..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Why Groves has to win early !!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Groves has to win early !!!

Post by Guest Tue 01 Apr 2014, 12:27 pm

Purleeeaaase!!

There's going 12 rounds and then there's going 12 and being competitive. The scorecards suggest it wasn't competitive and as I like to say, even the busted flush Kessler managed to have Froch on silly street which highlights the fact that he's technically poor at times and can be hit and hurt.

Old Man Johnson landed more right hands on Froch than the majority of fighters he's faced and I've highlighted that flaw of Froch's (holding that left hand low) for ages now. Mentioned that Groves should bounce those right hands off Froch's noggin for nine and a half rounds then run...curse Howard Foster to the rafters.

Clear you like Froch, I'm just not that much of a fan to think he'll be able to walk through Groves. The writing is on the wall and it's a question of whether or not Groves can capitalise

Back to top Go down

Why Groves has to win early !!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Groves has to win early !!!

Post by superflyweight Tue 01 Apr 2014, 12:48 pm

Think we may also have to take into account the effect that the knockdown may have had on Froch. Can only think that he's going to be a bit wary of the right hand considering it nearly had him out of there in the first round and considering how often it landed thereafter.

As Chris says, Froch is a slow starter and I suspect, given his concerns about Groves' right hand, he may start even slower than usual in this fight and trust that he can come on strong later as Groves tires.

This could mean that the fight is fought at a much slower pace and will allow Groves to build up a big lead without expending too much energy.

Of course the opposite could be true and Froch may start like a bat out of hell and hope to get Groves out of there before Groves can get to him (ala Hagler v Hearns).

It's why it's such a fascinating fight.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 01 Apr 2014, 12:51 pm

You make it sound like it's going to stink..

You may be right..Could be like Benn-Eubank 2..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 01 Apr 2014, 12:55 pm

It may well stink, Truss. Can't see it being fought at the same pace as the last one and think both men will be more cautious. Perhaps a few quid on a draw might be a decent bet.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 01 Apr 2014, 12:59 pm

I agree....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Apr 2014, 1:02 pm

Draw? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...have you any idea how insufferable STRONGY will be if he gets chance to write another article slating Eddie because he's fixed the fight so he can have another money spinner?

Think about what you're saying you stupid, STUPID boys!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 01 Apr 2014, 1:07 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You make it sound like it's going to stink..

You may be right..Could be like Benn-Eubank 2..

I said this a few weeks ago on the podcast that the fact Froch will know Groves power can drop him, and Groves knows that Froch's heart will take him all the way, this fight could end up with Froch being to cautious to throw that many shots in fear of getting tagged hard again and Groves may very well do the same incase he tires.

Either way, I'll be lyin in one of the nose bleed seats in wembley completed zonked off my trolly so I couldn't care less ;-)
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 01 Apr 2014, 1:20 pm

Better watch out then when fan man Strongy flies in to ruin the show and kill the anti-Christ..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 01 Apr 2014, 1:22 pm

Be interesting to find out how many v2 folk have tickets....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 01 Apr 2014, 1:41 pm

Chris is the only other one I know has a ticket mate.

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 01 Apr 2014, 1:54 pm

Sure there were more than that.....

Have to see how many free 'press' passes Hampo and Ozzy get chucked..... Smile

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 01 Apr 2014, 2:03 pm

Rodders has got tickets..

Be the first fight he's seen since Louis-Schmelling.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman01 Tue 01 Apr 2014, 2:52 pm

I have managed to secure a ticket. I will be the only Groves fan amongst a group of rowdy, Froch supporting Northerners..

Gentleman01

Back to top Go down

Post by rob-glos Tue 01 Apr 2014, 3:19 pm

I've got tickets...
On the pitch...

Atmosphere should be brilliant.

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 01 Apr 2014, 3:23 pm

So Rob is on the pitch, Dee in the nosebleeds, Chris and I somewhere in between and Gentleman stuck with a bunch of rowdy northerners somewhere......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 01 Apr 2014, 3:35 pm

Let's hope the seats are wide..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman01 Tue 01 Apr 2014, 3:37 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:So Rob is on the pitch, Dee in the nosebleeds, Chris and I somewhere in between and Gentleman stuck with a bunch of rowdy northerners somewhere......

Second Tier, near the front.. I think!

Gentleman01

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 01 Apr 2014, 3:43 pm

Think I'm first or second tier, block 120 or something.

And Truss, I've not had an issue my two previous visits there so fingers crossed..!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Apr 2014, 3:57 pm

Toppy will it spoil your enjoyment of the fight knowing there's a possibility that Robbie Savage's ar$e was on your seat a few ago?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayweathers cellmate Tue 01 Apr 2014, 10:35 pm

I don't get where this idea that Froch is such a beast late on in fights comes from. The only late stoppage Froch has is vs Taylor - a fighter who I don't think has ever not gassed.

I suppose there's two ways of looking at what happened in their first match. Did Groves get that one in a million lucky break flooring Froch early on. A break that he is highly unlikely to get second time around. So what hope has he got.

Or, did the knockdown actually throw Groves off his gameplan, encouraging him to go toe-to-toe with Froch when he wasn't supposed to. Perhaps without the knockdown we'd have seen a far more controlled fight from Groves.

Mayweathers cellmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Wed 02 Apr 2014, 10:44 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Rodders has got tickets..

Be the first fight he's seen since Louis-Schmelling.

Walcott v Charles get it right mate.

Yeah I've got a ticket attempted the £100 tiered seats but the system crashed on checkout , ended up on the pitch Block K row F I believe. Any word on the undercard or rumours ? Or since the tickets have been shifted we going to end up with Joshua v Larry Olu (can't spell the rest of his name) as chief support.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Wed 02 Apr 2014, 10:54 am

There will only be 4 undercard fights from what I have heard Rodders - something to do with the time with which the venue is hired/camera's begin rolling - due to this Eddie has come out and said that it is important that it is strong as possible...

He mentioned in a recent interview that Joshua would take one of those spots (can't blame him given the exposure in the states that this fight is getting)...the other ones he hopes to get a minimum of two other World Title fights on the card...read into that what you wish..

One potential fight gathering momentum in the rumour stakes is an IBF Lightweight title fight between Mitchell & Vazquez...which wouldn't be a bad undercard fight at all!

Difficult to see who else could be on the card: Brook possibly but doubtful...Quigg/Selby/Clev/Crolla fighting month prior...

Paul Smith vs Rocky Fielding ...doubtful as think he'd save that for a Liverpool bill.

Last edited by owen10ozzy on Wed 02 Apr 2014, 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Wed 02 Apr 2014, 11:00 am

Cheers Owen, Hall v McDonnell , Mitchell v Vasquez I guess could be probables hopefully a couple of decent appetizers on show.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 02 Apr 2014, 11:09 am

Not sure about Hall...

But aren't Rose and Mitchell drinking some alphabet soup ??

Seem like obvious candidates...On top of the Olympians..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 02 Apr 2014, 1:01 pm

Given Joshua will be in another 'learning' fight it wont go two rounds, so if he's one of them maybe he can squeeze 5 fights in. He better make at least one of the fights between two durable feather-fisted guys or, after George sparks the ultimate warrior in 1, it could be a short night Wink

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 02 Apr 2014, 1:11 pm

It may be over in one but Groves will have taken a silent beating before then.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 02 Apr 2014, 1:30 pm

The only epic illusion that night will be if anyone falls for the 'multiple world title fights' spiel, to be fed hall, Mitchell etc.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 02 Apr 2014, 1:43 pm

If Bob Mee says they are bonafide belts who are we to argue..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 02 Apr 2014, 1:57 pm

Write an article in a boxing rag, or better still a random online boxing blog, run by some deranged conspiracy theorist truss. You will then be an expert and able to challenge the views of bob mee, and others, as a peer. You will also develop the mystery powers enabling you to spot quiet beatings that mere fans cannot see. Until then your opinion is worthless... So jog on buddy.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2