The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Connor McGregor

+23
Good Golly I'm Olly
Collapse2005
Ent
westisbest
marty2086
Conor Anderson
Fernando
FanMan
Alistair
kingraf
trottb
Valero's Conscience
rodders
SecretFly
AdamT
LeinsterFan4life
jimdig
Nakatomi Plaza
compelling and rich
Soldier_Of_Fortune
GunsGerms
Pr4wn
Rinsure
27 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Connor McGregor - Page 4 Empty Connor McGregor

Post by westisbest Fri 25 Jul 2014, 12:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

What do people make of him?

Have seen a couple of his fights and have been impressed.
A great win over Brandeo in Dublin.

Great to have an Irish fighter on the scene.

Pesonality wise, i'm a bit 50/50 on him.

He's quite amusing to listen to and watch.
As good a fighter as he is so far, he needs to go onto fight some top 5/10 guys on a regulatr basis to see how good he will become.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Connor McGregor - Page 4 Empty Re: Connor McGregor

Post by Collapse2005 Mon 08 Oct 2018, 2:06 pm

Fernando wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
Fernando wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:
Fernando wrote:Conor threw a punch 1st hence why he got his asskicked post-fight Ok! You can see him throw one at the guy who chased Khabib up the cage Laugh

That seems unlikely. McGregor did throw a punch so not without blame but that guy was jumping over the cage to join the melee so maybe he deserved it?

Nobody has any business jumping into a cage and sucker punching a guy who has just got subbed. Its fairly cowardly stuff.

You're both assuming he was heading to join in but no one will ever be able to prove if he was or not just cos he jumped on a cage.

Can't excuse the others cheapshotting Conor but if you throw a punch at a guy expect one back nowadays.

Bad day for the sport anyway  nope

Melee? You mean an ongoing assault, if he wasn't going to join in why jump the cage in such a rush?

He could of been going to try stop it l Ok! You'll never be able to prove anything different either whether you think different or not OK

It's all good though Khabib made Conor his b*tch OK

True on both points though if you were to give a balanced opinion based on probability its unlikely the guy Conor slapped was jumping over the cage to get Dillon Danis' autograph so I cant say I feel too sorry for him. It seems unlikely someone would vault the cage to help calm things down.

Last edited by Collapse2005 on Mon 08 Oct 2018, 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon 08 Oct 2018, 2:07 pm

Collapse2005 wrote:
Fernando wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
Fernando wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:
Fernando wrote:Conor threw a punch 1st hence why he got his asskicked post-fight Ok! You can see him throw one at the guy who chased Khabib up the cage Laugh

That seems unlikely. McGregor did throw a punch so not without blame but that guy was jumping over the cage to join the melee so maybe he deserved it?

Nobody has any business jumping into a cage and sucker punching a guy who has just got subbed. Its fairly cowardly stuff.

You're both assuming he was heading to join in but no one will ever be able to prove if he was or not just cos he jumped on a cage.

Can't excuse the others cheapshotting Conor but if you throw a punch at a guy expect one back nowadays.

Bad day for the sport anyway  nope

Melee? You mean an ongoing assault, if he wasn't going to join in why jump the cage in such a rush?

He could of been going to try stop it l Ok! You'll never be able to prove anything different either whether you think different or not OK

It's all good though Khabib made Conor his b*tch OK

True on both points though if you were to give a balanced opinion based on probability its unlikely the guy Conor slapped was jumping over the cage to get Dillon Danis' autograph so I cant say I feel too sorry for him.

Not just that but the fact that the first guy to attack McGregor ran past him first would indicate it was nothing to do with the punch he threw, more the fact who he was

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Mon 08 Oct 2018, 3:04 pm

Yeah Im not buying into the sympathy for any of Khabib's guys. It isn't really from a place of bias but you logically don't vault a cage to break things up but rather get involved.

By the same token I don't feel particularly sorry for McGregor because for me the worst parts of the whole saga was chronologically firstly throwing the "dolly" at the bus marginally outdone by the guys entering the cage and sucker punching someone who has just tapped out.

Khabib's moment of madness wont endear him to too many people either.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 09 Oct 2018, 12:02 pm

I don't think either fighter comes out looking any better - Khabib completely ruined his own moment, he has seriously damaged his own reputation and you would think has a hefty fine and suspension heading his way, before we even get to the time when he needs to get permission to fight in Nevada again.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Tue 09 Oct 2018, 12:12 pm

True enough.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 09 Oct 2018, 12:19 pm

Collapse2005 wrote:Yeah Im not buying into the sympathy for any of Khabib's guys. It isn't really from a place of bias but you logically don't vault a cage to break things up but rather get involved.

Don't forget that the whole issue kicked off in NY with Khabib and his entourage cornering Artem Lobov too, McGregor crossed a line with his reaction but Khabib was no victim

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Tue 09 Oct 2018, 1:25 pm

marty2086 wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:Yeah Im not buying into the sympathy for any of Khabib's guys. It isn't really from a place of bias but you logically don't vault a cage to break things up but rather get involved.

Don't forget that the whole issue kicked off in NY with Khabib and his entourage cornering Artem Lobov too, McGregor crossed a line with his reaction but Khabib was no victim

That's true too. However, McGregor got on a jet just to get to Brooklyn to confront Khabib. A bit OTT.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 09 Oct 2018, 8:00 pm

the ufc has had this coming, and im glad its happened. shamelessly flogging the video of connor in nyc in the build up to this fight then turning around and complaining when fighters take it too far. these guys arent mensa members.

as for the fight, im glad connor lost. said earlier on this post how sick of him i was a couple of years ago. that opinion hasn't changed. khabib let himself down but other than losing his head there he will be more of a worthy champ who will be willing to defend his belt (thats if he isnt stripped). khabib v ferguson should be next.

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue 09 Oct 2018, 8:22 pm

Pretty embarrassing stuff all round.
Wanted Connor to win, wasn’t to be.

I’d actually like to see Conor v Ferguson.

Never been a fan of his since his TUF days.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 09 Oct 2018, 8:39 pm

ferguson more than deserving a title shot though. it would be a bit of a kick in the teeth that he has to face connor after connor basically got mauled in his title shot. never know with the ufc and their golden boy though. probably strip khabib and make the above for the title

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 09 Oct 2018, 9:56 pm

[quote="Collapse2005"]
marty2086 wrote:

That's true too. However, McGregor got on a jet just to get to Brooklyn to confront Khabib. A bit OTT.[/quote

When you've the money you can do things like that, I've no problem with him jumping on a jet. It's the fact he was still stewing hours later and did what he did

Calling Khabib out for it publicly then calling him a coward for running away he might have come out of it all better but instead he was a thug

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 09 Oct 2018, 10:19 pm

New update - Apparently Dillion Danis called Khabib a F**king Muslim Rat.

I hope that's not true otherwise it's making a pretty poor moment alot worse really.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Wed 10 Oct 2018, 8:15 am

Fernando wrote:New update - Apparently Dillion Danis called Khabib a F**king Muslim Rat.

I hope that's not true otherwise it's making a pretty poor moment alot worse really.

Not nice alright but if thats the case Khabib needs to develop a bit of a thicker skin.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sun 14 Oct 2018, 12:49 am

super_realist wrote:

On the not too serious note, my stereotypical view of an average MME fan would be someone who was probably involved in manual labour and with a low level of education, low income, lives in a rough part of town, drives a ghastly peasant car like a Vauxhall probably too fast  and aggressively, likes a bit of road rage and  without doubt has modifications like red seatbelt covers and large exhaust, probably has numerous tattoos, especially their children's birthdates and cheesy quotes like "Only God Can Jugde me"  (spelling clearly wrong and written in an cliched font)  rarely if ever  has read a book, probably listens to techno or mainstream drivel, most likely has  children by more than one mother and at a very young age, without doubt also supports football (and one of the more scummy clubs like West Ham, Milwall, Rangers etc) and will happily wear the shirt in public (or at work), goes on holiday "with the lads" to Spain and hangs a flag from the balcony, thinks Albufera is a great destination,  would drink a pint at 4am at the airport, bets heavily on sports and especially concerned with "the coupon",  wears pristinely white trainers, sometimes with grey tracksuit trousers, wears Stone Island/Abercrombie/Superdry/Fred Perry/Diesel when "going out", ogles women and makes terrible remarks, watches wretched tv reality programmes like Love Island, sees Conor McGregor as a "hero" despite him making Hamilton look like a decent chap.

Actually, sounds exactly like the only person I know who likes MME.

I can't exactly see a Doctor, Judge, Dentist, Lawyer, Scientist, Farmer, Optician, Teacher etc making up large numbers of the baying mob that follow MME.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Thu 15 Aug 2019, 1:57 pm

https://www.buzz.ie/celebs/video-emerges-conor-mcgregor-punching-elderly-man-pub-335088

Class act all the way
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 16 Aug 2019, 2:20 am

incontinentia wrote:https://www.buzz.ie/celebs/video-emerges-conor-mcgregor-punching-elderly-man-pub-335088

Class act all the way

he really is a cretin, should be arrested

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Fri 16 Aug 2019, 4:23 am

Yeah horrible character

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun 27 Oct 2019, 7:46 pm

I used to like Connor. Gone down hill though.
Read he has a few fights lined up next year.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun 19 Jan 2020, 8:57 am

Good win for Connor over the cowboy.
I had Connor winning by tko in the second round.

What fight next?
Masvidal has said he wants to fight him.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun 07 Jun 2020, 11:43 am

I see Connor has announced his retirement....... again.

Probably be back for a Diaz 3 next year.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Thu 11 Jun 2020, 3:43 pm

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/famous-irish-sports-star-r***-18386350.amp

I'm just randomly posting this link here for no reason at all..
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by DanielReilly Sat 07 Nov 2020, 10:18 am

He back again, signed to fight Dustin

DanielReilly

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun 06 Dec 2020, 7:00 pm

Didn’t think it would be long before he was back Wink

Would have like to see the Diaz 3, rather than a second fight against Dustin.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat 23 Jan 2021, 9:54 am

Does he beat Dustin again?

I think so. Probably not in the 60 seconds he predicts.

Think second round.

Would then like to see a Diaz 3 and another fight with Khabib.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat 10 Jul 2021, 8:31 am

Third fight tonight.
This is the decider.
Think Dustin will win again. Second round tko.

He is right when he said Conor’s trash talk is pretty poor.

Came out with some kids stuff at the pre fight press conference.

Conor looked a slight bit worried.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly_01 Mon 21 Nov 2022, 11:57 am

Just watched the Connor McGregor documentary on Netflix. Not a bad watch indeed.

eirebilly_01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4