The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What moment...

+4
Marsh
AberdeenSteve
Brady12
ADMIN
8 posters

Go down

What moment... Empty What moment...

Post by Guest Wed 25 May 2011, 8:45 pm

What moment in your experience of watching wrestling really grabbed you and had you transfixed. What was the match/promo/angle that really turned your head and made you become a wrestling fanatic?

For me, it will always be The Undertaker's return at judgement day 2000. Before that I merely had a fleeting interest in wrestling, that may have been down to me being 8 at the time but I digress. The older brothers were hooked on it and I had to miss out on cartoons (most likely pokemon) to watch the taped show from the night before. I couldn't believe the Iron Man match had been going on for the amount of time it did, was bored to tears and then boom! It happened. Some dude I didn't even know was coming down the ramp on a motor bike and whipping all kinds of ass in the ring. And that was that, I was hooked, captivated, and made sure from then on I could see what else was going on.

That moment captured my attention and turned me into the wrestling fan I am today.

What about you guys?

Back to top Go down

What moment... Empty Re: What moment...

Post by ADMIN Wed 25 May 2011, 9:00 pm

It had to be Undertaker as well as my first ever 'Wow!' moment when he appeared at Survivor Series for the first time.
I'd enjoyed it in a casual manner at mates houses before that, the Rockers, LOD, Savage, Bulldog, Warrior etc I enjoyed (even back then I couldn't abide Hogan!) but it was Taker that drew me in to make me watch it religiously.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Wed 25 May 2011, 9:04 pm

The first time I watched it I was hooked. The match was Hulk Hogan vs Sgt Slaughter at Wrestlemania 7, not a great match but I walked into the front room to see my elder brother who'd borrowed a VHS of the event cheering on Hogan (who he was claiming was Rocky's brother, due to his appearance in Rocky 2!) I remember thinking what a comeback!! How naive!!

I've left a few times so I'll give you the things that sucked me back in so I'll go with those... Bret Hart reunites the Hart Foundation & turns heel

Vince McMahon & Donald Trump 'surogate hair vs hair match'

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Wed 25 May 2011, 9:04 pm

The moment for me was the 6 Man Hell in a Cell match at Armageddon 2000. I was only about 9 at the time and I remember sitting watching it and being completely shocked at what these guys were putting themselves through. I absolutely loved every minute of it and from that moment on I have been totally hooked.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Marsh Wed 25 May 2011, 9:08 pm

Royal Rumble 2000 for me, I watched it at my best friends at the time on video, it was a mixture of the Triple H v Foley street fight, Hardys Dudleys tables match, the Royal Rumble match itself and obviously the 2 cool dance off!

Marsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 May 2011, 9:23 pm

1998 Hell in a Cell.

Like the OP, I followed wrestling casually until that point because I had limited access to it. After that I watched as many PPVs and houseshows as possible.

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 25 May 2011, 10:17 pm

I watched it now and again whenever I could get hold of tapes etc, but the thing that made me sit up and become a superfan was the appearance of Mankind.

I was so creeped out but fascinated by this amazingly dark character. I'm not ashamed to say I really was scared. And I was so excited about the Boiler Room Brawl at the time. A "match" that was essentially apalling, but was so full of tension and was horror-movie like in its suspense building. The entertainment side of WWF at its very best, and something they wouldn't dream of doing these days.

Mankind was one of a kind. So much darker than The Undertaker or Kane. A true monster heel in the beginning, in every sense. With the morbid look, the hair pulling, the screeching tortured voice and the shocking finisher. A real monster. I was captivated

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 25 May 2011, 11:17 pm

The first time I saw SummerSlam 89 - Warrior vs Rude unbelievable

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 26 May 2011, 10:05 am

Shelton Benjamin vs Chris Jericho- Backlash 2005

For years I had been little more than a casual wrestling fan, I watched it semi-frequently on Sky around 2000 or so, After a break of 4 years or so I got back into it again (around when Orton was WHC just prior to Unforgiven), at this stage I just watched what was on, I gravitated to some characters more than others but had no personal preferances or appreciation of what was going on in the ring, then I saw Benjamin and Jericho, Just in my gut I knew this was better than the majority of what I had been watching, quicker, crisper, more athletic, It really opened my eyes to the concept of what was bad wrestling, good wrestling and great wrestling

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Miz NG Thu 26 May 2011, 1:34 pm

I cannot remember how I got into wrestling, probably was happy at looking at nice male wrestlers' bodies. After I flew the coop , I couldn't afford Sky so lost touch with WWE over a number of years. Eventually when I got cable, I tried to get back into it, but couldn't.

It wasn't until Bret Hart came back to the WWE last January that it captured my imagination and have been watching WWE ever since.

Miz NG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down