The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silly Season transfer rumours.....

+71
Notch
TheMildlyFranticLlama
sad_gimp
prop_lyd
MacKnocked-on
RuggerRadge2611
madmaccas
Jhamer25
ScarletSpiderman
beshocked
Artful_Dodger
B91212
Seagultaf
alive555
Golden
XR
funnyExiledScot
BigGee
Tiger/Chief
shuren34
justified sinner
LeinsterFan4life
Majestic83
DaveM
Heaf
BigTrevsbigmac
dragon999
thomh
bluestonevedder
BamBam
sirtidychris
Margin_Walker
ChequeredJersey
Ozzy3213
doctor_grey
The Saint
LordDowlais
WELL-PAST-IT
BristolDave
nathan
RDW
profitius
Cumbrian
Rugby Fan
propdavid_london
FecklessRogue
Driver
mckay1402
wales606
LondonTiger
geoff998rugby
Sgt_Pooly
SirBurger
HongKongCherry
Cardiff Dave
king_carlos
dragon4life
formerly known as Sam
Hound of Harrow
Coleman
Welly
Bathite
whocares
PenfroPete
Bathman_in_London
yappysnap
Fluxy
HammerofThunor
lostinwales
George Carlin
Geordie
75 posters

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

Silly Season transfer rumours..... - Page 4 Empty Silly Season transfer rumours.....

Post by Geordie Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well its that time of year...pushing for new contracts...the rumour mill starts to fly...

Any you hear...post them here.....

The first two I've heard...

Priestland to Bath
Carl Fearns - Bath to Falcons.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Silly Season transfer rumours..... - Page 4 Empty Re: Silly Season transfer rumours.....

Post by wales606 Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:11 pm

Wayne
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Silly Season transfer rumours..... - Page 4 Empty Re: Silly Season transfer rumours.....

Post by The Saint Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:11 pm

Berrick. You can keep danny and keep your hands off Berrick.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:14 pm

Haha...there's been a lot of talk of us being after Berrick too.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:04 pm

Berrick Barnes?
He will break down in the first match he plays if not during the flight over. To me, a big injury risk, plus I believe he suffered migraines or stress related headaches at one point. So, even more risk.

Good player, but not with a developing team, methinks. With a settled team only and one which can protect him from too much contact.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:23 pm

WELL-PAST-IT wrote:
Welly wrote:He is also a good 12.

But if Myler gets injured is Hooley up to covering for him really?

He coped well in the AIs but probably needs another year, James Wilson however is pretty accomplished at 10, 11, 13, 14 & 15

Hooley has done very well previously. Particularly in defence. Sam Olver the England under 20s 10 and Harry Mallinder the England under 20s 10/12 are also on the books and real talents. The bosses son might hang around but one of the other two might decide that more chances are to be found elsewhere. There's a number of clubs eying up fly half options for next season.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:33 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:
WELL-PAST-IT wrote:

He coped well in the AIs but probably needs another year, James Wilson however is pretty accomplished at 10, 11, 13, 14 & 15

Hooley has done very well previously. Particularly in defence.  Sam Olver the England under 20s 10 and Harry Mallinder the England under 20s 10/12 are also on the books and real talents.  The bosses son might hang around but one of the other two might decide that more chances are to be found elsewhere. There's a number of clubs eying up fly half options for next season.
I agree, Hooley has been fine and is developing nicely.  I suppose having Hanrahan for a couple of seasons can't hurt and will deepen the rotation.  Certainly Myler can't go on forever and can get him breaks.  

At this point, Saints biggest need is a replacement for Manoa and Ma'afu.  And, frankly, replacements for a player like Manoa are rare indeed.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:43 pm

doctor_grey wrote:Berrick Barnes?
He will break down in the first match he plays if not during the flight over.  To me, a big injury risk, plus I believe he suffered migraines or stress related headaches at one point.  So, even more risk.  

Good player, but not with a developing team, methinks.  With a settled team only and one which can protect him from too much contact.  

Not so sure of his injury record, but you just can't prevent that sometimes. He can play 10, 12 and 15 and can kick goals. He'd be worth a punt. I've seen him get smashed a few times by Roberts and he's got up from it pretty well, uninjured too.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:23 pm

The Saint wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:Berrick Barnes?
He will break down in the first match he plays if not during the flight over.  To me, a big injury risk, plus I believe he suffered migraines or stress related headaches at one point.  So, even more risk.  

Good player, but not with a developing team, methinks.  With a settled team only and one which can protect him from too much contact.  

Not so sure of his injury record, but you just can't prevent that sometimes. He can play 10, 12 and 15 and can kick goals. He'd be worth a punt. I've seen him get smashed a few times by Roberts and he's got up from it pretty well, uninjured too.
Well, I hope someone in UK or Ireland signs him.  Then I can pass my business card along.............

To be fair, he might be worth a punt, but I would have a Plan B available. From what I have seen he can manage a game fairly well, and he doesn't make many mistakes. But he won't be a game changer.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:35 am

doctor_grey wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:
WELL-PAST-IT wrote:

Hooley has done very well previously. Particularly in defence.  Sam Olver the England under 20s 10 and Harry Mallinder the England under 20s 10/12 are also on the books and real talents.  The bosses son might hang around but one of the other two might decide that more chances are to be found elsewhere. There's a number of clubs eying up fly half options for next season.
I agree, Hooley has been fine and is developing nicely.  I suppose having Hanrahan for a couple of seasons can't hurt and will deepen the rotation.  Certainly Myler can't go on forever and can get him breaks.    

At this point, Saints biggest need is a replacement for Manoa and Ma'afu.  And, frankly, replacements for a player like Manoa are rare indeed.

Perhaps they see Myler stepping up and being in and around England camps/games more often, so having JJ around will help cover some of the time he is away. Also as mentioned probably give Myler some breaks during the season to have him fully firing for bigger games.

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:58 am

Maybe Fluxy, the way injuries go these days Wilson is nearly always required to cover somewhere else.

The cupboard runs a bit bare occasionally as Saints have a relatively small squad and have to use accademy players on a frequent basis come Int. call up time.

I would like to see them sign another 15, if Foden gets picked for Englands squad, that leaves Wilson or Pisi covering full back, with Burrell and North Likely to be missing as well we are looking a bit short of AP level cover if injuries strike in the backs.
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:09 pm

Edinburgh have signed Tongan winger Will Helu from Wasps, making us Edinburgh fans wonder whether Tim Visser is leaving.

Anyone heard any rumours?

Would be a pretty good signing - Pro 12 top try scorer several years in a row and a fantastic finisher. Not a good tackler though!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:01 pm

Yep TV3 will be a wasps player next season Smile

Sounds like a like for like replacement for Varndell if it happens.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:19 pm

Welly wrote:Yep TV3 will be a wasps player next season Smile

Sounds like a like for like replacement for Varndell if it happens.

How certain are you?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:20 pm

Not very just like the idea of Wasps having had TV, TV2 and TV 3.

Although he would fit into the Wasps style of play quickly.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:11 pm

I wonder if Visser fancies coming back to Falcons?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:14 pm

Will be surprised if the Falcons could match his pay at Edinburgh - he'll be one of our top earners.

Risky club to join too - not likely to qualify for Europe any time soon, and could easily find themselves in a relegation battle.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:22 pm

We're playing some attacking rugby this season and the AP is always a draw. We'll be in Europe, just not the big boys cup.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:50 pm

Is a winger really what Falcons will be after though? There's some decent options up their already and they've got two young talents in Harries and Kilbride.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:53 pm

Probably not Sam, Sinoti has been a revelation and we have a few kids coming through. If Cato & Smith move on we'll have a bit of flex though and Visser is a real weapon, I wouldn't say no.

Front row is our priority, along with 10 of some sorts.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:26 pm

Is Newcastle where after a Scottish player it should be someone like Weir Wink

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:53 pm

I think we'll pass on Weir thanks, I've had my fill of Scottish pivots.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:07 pm

Sam,
Harris is a FB who moved to centre but Dean has been giving him a run out on the wing. He's actually 25 so not just a new kid. But hes finally bringing his ability to the games now...I see him more of an outside centre though...as do most Falcon fans.

We are not blessed with loads of wingers however...... no thanks to Visser returning. Also Dean is not avert to playing centres or FB's on the wing.

Our options at the moment:
Alex Tuilagi - Not getting any younger, but he is starting to look really fit and thus his performances are beginning to become very effective. And Dean is managing him well. Playing in the right games.

Sinoti - Class

Cato - Not my favourite but the coaches have done a good job with him and he's decent.

Alex Tait - A good consistant premiership player who is a FB foremost but always puts a good shift on the wing...where is playing this weekend v LW.

Tom Penny - Young 20yo FB/W/C - Similar to Harris but just 20 and just out of the academy he is probably going to be a centre but he has played a few shifts on the wing. Looks a real prospect and a quality place kicker.

Dean seems to like backs that have alround sills and can play in several positions.
Being a small club with limited squad number and budget its probably an enforced tactic aswell. Didn't he do that at Quins aswell?

Don't forget....Zac Kibirige. He suffered a horrific injury. He is back training etc but we haven't seen anything of him...Dean isn't rushing the kid back and quite right.

We also have some very interesting young kids coming up through the academy again.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:45 pm

Dusautoir has signed a 2 year extension at Toulouse

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:46 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Dusautoir has signed a 2 year extension at Toulouse

Doh, was looking forward to him playing at the Tigers.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:57 pm

Cracking player but at 33 yo and a marque player would that have been great?

Does that mean Salvi is defo a Tiger next season?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:34 pm

Two interesting snippets from another forum...

JP Pietersen to Wasps - to replace Varndell....

And Wasps also thinking about trialling Ashley Johnson at ........HOOKER???? Shocked Erm

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:36 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Cracking player but at 33 yo and a marque player would that have been great?

Does that mean Salvi is defo a Tiger next season?

Still nothing confirmed yet

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:36 pm

Spedding has gone to Clermont on a 3 yr deal.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:51 am

Tim Nanai-Williams to Irish is doing the rounds on sportnetwork.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:49 pm

Rory Clegg to Leeds by all accounts with Phil Godman off to a Scottish side.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:07 am

Trayfoot to Irish a rumour
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:17 am

Driver wrote:Rory Clegg to Leeds by all accounts with Phil Godman off to a Scottish side.
Oh please god no. picard
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:06 am

ChequeredJersey wrote:Trayfoot to Irish a rumour

As I understand it, more than a rumour.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by SirBurger Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:13 am

Ozzy3213 wrote:Tim Nanai-Williams to Irish is doing the rounds on sportnetwork.

That would be amazing and would inject some much needed creativity into our back line. On the one hand I think 'we persuaded JOC to come, surely we can sign anyone if the offer is right.' On the other I think 'a player of that class will be looking to go to a bigger side challenging for silverware.'

Trayfoot I would be happy with. He would be an upgrade on Low if he goes in my opinion.

SirBurger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:29 am

Driver wrote:Rory Clegg to Leeds by all accounts with Phil Godman off to a Scottish side.

I'd drive them there myself, maybe drop Godman off at Berwick Wink

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:39 am

SirBurger wrote:

That would be amazing and would inject some much needed creativity into our back line. On the one hand I think 'we persuaded JOC to come, surely we can sign anyone if the offer is right.' On the other I think 'a player of that class will be looking to go to a bigger side challenging for silverware.'

Trayfoot I would be happy with. He would be an upgrade on Low if he goes in my opinion.

Agree on Trayfoot being an upgrade on Low. He is a good ball carrier, which in my opinion we lack in the pack. In relation to Nanai-Williams, whilst he could easily fit into a bigger side, I believe there is potential that we may have a unique selling point in relation to him, were we to be talking to him! Wink

Also, not a big name, but there's a rumour of London Scottish and England Counties scrum half Mathew Heeks to Irish as well.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by SirBurger Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:49 am

Ozzy3213 wrote:
SirBurger wrote:

Agree on Trayfoot being an upgrade on Low.  He is a good ball carrier, which in my opinion we lack in the pack.  In relation to Nanai-Williams, whilst he could easily fit into a bigger side, I believe there is potential that we may have a unique selling point in relation to him, were we to be talking to him! Wink

Also, not a big name, but there's a rumour of London Scottish and England Counties scrum half Mathew Heeks to Irish as well.

Ahhhh - that's what I was thinking re. TNW OK OK OK

SirBurger

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:15 pm

What's the USP?

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:36 pm

Glad it wasn't just me who didn't get that.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:48 pm

Maybe they think Wayne Smith will be the next Irish coach?

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by Margin_Walker Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:52 pm

Tom Coventry (assistant @ Chiefs) has been linked for the LI role.

Margin_Walker

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:07 pm

Winston Stanley, brother of Benson Stanley of ASM, rumoured to Quins

PDJ to Glaws Smile
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:13 pm

Haha.....PDJ back to Gloucester?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:23 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Haha.....PDJ back to Gloucester?

So says the rugby paper
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:24 pm

But I thought that the marquee player position can not go to another AP player?

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:25 pm

Nothing about Falcons in there CJ?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:27 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Nothing about Falcons in there CJ?

Yeh we are also  after PDJ as LH.

Wink

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:41 pm

Hey! PDJ is an international and equally adept at LH as at TH Wink
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:54 pm

you mean equally inept?

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:04 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:Hey! PDJ is an international and equally adept at LH as at TH Wink

He was when he left us! Then Saints and you lot have ruined him Wink

I'd be very uneasy about this move.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next