The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the new Aviva & Pro 12 Season - Your Help Needed

+6
SecretFly
LondonTiger
funnyExiledScot
LordDowlais
RDW
George Carlin
10 posters

Go down

Welcome to the new Aviva & Pro 12 Season - Your Help Needed Empty Welcome to the new Aviva & Pro 12 Season - Your Help Needed

Post by George Carlin Wed 02 Sep 2015, 7:53 am

Greetings from the Mod Team,

We are all looking forward to a new domestic club season.

Quins kick off against Wasps at the Stoop on 16 October and the Pro12 starts even earlier, with Connacht hosting the Dragons at the Sportsground this Friday 4 September.

These boards are great and we need your help this season to keep everything fun, well populated, colleagiate and minimally abusive.

The Mods have a simple request - if your team is playing a game in the next week and you don't see a match thread in the 'Club' section already, don't think twice - just create one.

* Match threads have always been the most popular parts of these boards as they let other fans chat with each other, rather than being squirrelled away on their own club threads, which can put people off from commenting.

* Creating a thread is incredibly easy and we will be posting stickies very shortly about how to do it and other more particular elements - like how to add pictures, video and graphics to threads.

* If everyone can do just one a season, that will be a big help in spreading the load and you will be contributing a lot to the life of these boards.

Thanks for your help,

The Rugby Mods (team picture below)

Welcome to the new Aviva & Pro 12 Season - Your Help Needed Gorill10
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the new Aviva & Pro 12 Season - Your Help Needed Empty Re: Welcome to the new Aviva & Pro 12 Season - Your Help Needed

Post by RDW Wed 02 Sep 2015, 8:01 am

It also goes without saying that no one is expecting massively detailed, all bells and whistles like GC does - you can include as much or as little detail as you want.

It doesn't take much to post the match details and update the OP when the teams are selected.

There are plenty of websites that give good stats as well that can be quoted too - not least the official Aviva and Pro12 pages:
http://www.premiershiprugby.com/home.php
http://www.pro12rugby.com/home.php

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the new Aviva & Pro 12 Season - Your Help Needed Empty Re: Welcome to the new Aviva & Pro 12 Season - Your Help Needed

Post by LordDowlais Wed 02 Sep 2015, 12:15 pm

I have done a Ulster V Opsreys one.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 02 Sep 2015, 12:21 pm

Noted Mr GC (and RDW). I am certainly an offender in this regard and shall make sure to pull out the proverbial finger going forward.

To create a thread, do you just hit "NewTopic" and it'll know which section to add the thread? Last time I tried to create one in the Club section it would only let me add it to International - making me somewhat inadequate as compared to GC.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 02 Sep 2015, 12:25 pm

You go to the club section then click new thread

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 02 Sep 2015, 12:43 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:You go to the club section then click new thread

I did that and it still put my thread on the International section. I shall try again when the opportunity arises!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 02 Sep 2015, 1:33 pm

Usually not enough people for individual match threads in the AP. So, as has become common, I will be trying to do Round threads as often as possible.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 02 Sep 2015, 1:53 pm

Well the minimalist (scant stats and past records + scant scantily clad ladies to booty) approach seems a little out of date given what the likes of George comes up with.

For Thread Initiators of GC's quality you gotta have time on your hands and the inclination or you look like a monkey's finger painting in amongst the Rembrandts and Picassos..... (strike the Picasso!  Not sure his paintings weren't indeed painted by a neighbourhood monkey)

I think I put up a Match thread last season.  Just a very basic thing tied together with baling twine and cellotape; and I think within hours it had been ignored completely as one of our resident Thread Artists decided to paint a much more refined version of his own and of course all traffic went his way.... Wink

So... I guess it's all timing.  When do you want to fill a hole (do a Match thread for a game that has yet to have a thread) and when do you want to leave it to hell alone lest you get shown up by the Detail and Stats purists as they step in to ignore yet repeat what you've just spent a whole 30 seconds of your life compiling!!!! Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 09 Sep 2015, 10:57 am

I am doing my best, this week, I will do all the Welsh regions match threads, I am not going to be commenting on them all though.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 09 Sep 2015, 11:42 am

LondonTiger wrote:Usually not enough people for individual match threads in the AP. So, as has become common, I will be trying to do Round threads as often as possible.

I'd agree with this

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 09 Sep 2015, 11:44 am

We're certainly not demanding that every game in both leagues has a match thread - sometime there just won't be the demand for it. Common sense can obviously be used here (if you posses it!).

All we are saying that, if a game is being discussed somewhere it is best to be done on a specific thread instead of being hidden away in an individual club team's threads.  It also encourages more people to get involved.

Again it doesn't have to be great details and set up days in advance - even if it is a brief summary and set up on the day of the game that would be great.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat 12 Sep 2015, 10:29 pm

BamBam wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:Usually not enough people for individual match threads in the AP. So, as has become common, I will be trying to do Round threads as often as possible.

I'd agree with this

I appreciate these, and they are very organised.

Also it lets us Jeff fans scoff at the Pro12 and its disorganised multiple threads.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sat 12 Sep 2015, 10:33 pm

Democracy at Work, yappy Smile We don't like the Communist manifesto One Page Covers All Official Opinions approach...... Whistle

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 13 Sep 2015, 6:36 am

Happy with round threads if the Jeff massive would rather do these.

Lots of match threads this weekend - that is much appreciated.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 13 Sep 2015, 11:16 am

BTW, I realised a few days ago that we're the first Sports followers on 606v2 to break the Million Posts marker???

Must have happened a month or two ago. Was there a celebration and an acknowledgement of the fact?

Why do Rugby people talk so much??? Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sun 13 Sep 2015, 11:22 am

Because we don't kick each other in at the grounds and streets around them so we do it with words on here.

Agree a weekly thread would be better for the Jeff. Only issue is if you're watch one and recording another. I hate watching games I know the score of. I usually get bored and turn it off. Personally I've dropped my BT and Sky sports so I'll be watching the games online afterwards.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Mon 21 Sep 2015, 5:32 pm

We're about 3 times ahead of the next most talked about sport

Reckon that can be firmly attributed to:

1. The Pro12 slagging matches between Irish and Welsh posters
2. The slagging matches between Welsh and English posters
3. Beshocked vs everyone else on whether or not Saracens are cheating barstewards

Well done all

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 21 Sep 2015, 5:35 pm

4- The random gibberish that makes up ~95% of all Scottish threads!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 21 Sep 2015, 6:20 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:4- The random gibberish that makes up ~95% of all Scottish threads!

OK Agreed.  It's a bizarre world is the Scottish threads.  Nobody else can ever join in because frankly nobody knows what the hell is being said or debated about. Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Londoner Tue 22 Sep 2015, 8:53 am

SecretFly wrote:[OK:  Agreed.  It's a bizarre world is the Scottish threads.  Nobody else can ever join in because frankly nobody knows what the hell is being said or debated about. Wink

So it's just like talking to Scottish people in real life then Very Happy Run

Irish Londoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down