The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shanghai Masters

+25
Belovedluckyboy
socal1976
paulcz
LuvSports!
HM Murdock
summerblues
YvonneT
slashermcguirk
Jahu
yloponom68
Henman Bill
JuliusHMarx
banbrotam
It Must Be Love
CaledonianCraig
kingraf
Guest82
Born Slippy
Josiah Maiestas
TRuffin
Mad for Chelsea
bogbrush
laverfan
Haddie-nuff
temporary21
29 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Shanghai Masters - Page 5 Empty Shanghai Masters

Post by temporary21 Tue 13 Oct 2015, 1:57 pm

First topic message reminder :

May as well get a topic started. Things have started with a bang, with Roger going down to Ramos Vinolas in three sets.

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Shanghai Masters - Page 5 Empty Re: Shanghai Masters

Post by socal1976 Wed 21 Oct 2015, 11:02 pm

Well, I don't know but there seems to be equal evidence with players for quite some time now that the prime is moving back. I addressed this by pointing to how the different style of play and professionalism in terms of fitness, training etc. today may require a longer apprentice period. Kyrgios is a good example in terms of raw physical gifts he is the total package. But there are a lot of players you can say that about, a huge edge in a big FH or huge serve simply doesn't get you as far as it used to. A big power player can't as easily with just god given power and great swings can just take over, it is something that is required but it is a case of not being sufficient on its own. You say this is a negative development, but is it really if we see players have their best years in their late 20s and early 30s and stick around for longer? I never got this criticism of the tennis today in that talented players are too consistent and play at a high level or have too much success for too long. I mean is football in trouble if Messi or Ronaldo continue to put in goals into their thirties? Why?

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5