The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Delhi rugby bars...

5 posters

Go down

Delhi rugby bars... Empty Delhi rugby bars...

Post by Fanster Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:06 pm

One hell of a hail Mary here guys!!

Does anyone know of a rugby friendly bar in Delhi to catch the summer tours of Wales and England? I'm going to be stuck here from the 12th (Yes I'll miss the first games), and aside from a quick google search and chatting to locals I am lost for places to see international rugby.

Thus far I've heard the same thing over and over, Connacht place is the area to go, but anyone have a little tip for me?

Thanks

Fanster

Back to top Go down

Delhi rugby bars... Empty Re: Delhi rugby bars...

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:20 pm

Don't know any rugby bars but I have a tip for you.

If any locals ask you if it's your first time in Delhi, say no. Say that you live there.

Be prepare to be hassled feicing constantly and look out for vendors dipping sealed bottled water into buckets of normal tap water to wash the dust off which'll make you squit through the eye of a needle.

The Lotus Temple is well worth a visit though.

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:05 pm

The temperature there is going to suk, mate. I was there a few years ago in June at the start of the monsoon season. Every day was about 45°C and 1000% humidity. Connaught Place is kind of the centre of the city and has a lot of places to eat and drink. It always seem to be under some form of construction. But I don't know any typical expat pubs or bars. There are always some Irish pubs in almost any city. Can you try a google search for that in Delhi?

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:05 pm

I can't say for sure about Delhi, but Mumbai had nowhere that could even show rugby, let alone a rugby bar. This is mainly because the 11 Indian sports channels show cricket, cricket, cricket, cricket, historic cricket, cricket, Manchester United, cricket, historic cricket, cricket and cricket.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:07 pm

But on the plus side, Delhi has many great non-rugby things to see. I recommend Jantar Mantar, Qutb Minar, Fairoz Shah Kotla, Tughalqabad and Humayan's Tomb
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:09 pm

Tattie Scones RRN wrote:Don't know any rugby bars but I have a tip for you.

If any locals ask you if it's your first time in Delhi, say no. Say that you live there.

Be prepare to be hassled feicing constantly and look out for vendors dipping sealed bottled water into buckets of normal tap water to wash the dust off which'll make you squit through the eye of a needle.

Could you run that by me again slowly, Tattie. I've read it a few times and maybe it's just heat stroke I'm suffering from (was out cutting hedges) but I can't make sense of that.

Oh schit! I've just read it one more time just to make sure I've read it right and I get it now...finally!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:11 am

SecretFly wrote:

Could you run that by me again slowly, Tattie.  I've read it a few times and maybe it's just heat stroke I'm suffering from (was out cutting hedges) but I can't make sense of that.

Oh schit!  I've just read it one more time just to make sure I've read it right and I get it now...finally!

OK

But also warning for making me read it 6 times.

I'm a busy man don't you know.

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:22 am

Tattie Scones RRN wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

Could you run that by me again slowly, Tattie.  I've read it a few times and maybe it's just heat stroke I'm suffering from (was out cutting hedges) but I can't make sense of that.

Oh schit!  I've just read it one more time just to make sure I've read it right and I get it now...finally!

OK

But also warning for making me read it 6 times.

I'm a busy man don't you know.
heat stroke in Ireland????  Is that kind of similar to frostbite in India????
I thought your metaphor was quite...........picturesque.

Life is good:
Delhi rugby bars... 10113023?fit=constrain,1&wid=504&hei=548Delhi rugby bars... 10033097?wid=153&hei=210&op_sharpen=1

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down