The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shortlist for Anthony Joshua

+17
Mr Bounce
hazharrison
huw
TopHat24/7
smashingstormcrow
superflyweight
BoxingFan88
Hammersmith harrier
melv500
bhb001
milkyboy
Rowley
88Chris05
EX7EY
Mad for Chelsea
AdamT
catchweight
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Shortlist for Anthony Joshua - Page 2 Empty Shortlist for Anthony Joshua

Post by catchweight Wed 26 Oct 2016, 10:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

Klitschko is no longer a potential next opponent for Joshua after - ahem- injuring his calf. It looks likely Joshua's next opponent will be one of:

1. David Price
2. Bryant Jennings
3. Eric Molina.

None of those warrant ppv but its inneviteable it will be. Of the three, I like the Price fight the most. Skills wise he would probably be behind Jennings and he doesnt have the durability of Molina. But he has a big punch and offers a threat. If he turns up, its almost cetainly going to be a fun fight between two big hitters. Unfortunately I think there is a decent chance Price will sh1t his pants and freeze on the big stage. I think he lacks confidence after 3 KO defeats where he was a big favourite and for me there are question marks over his grit when the going gets tough. He might end up doing an Audley Harrison.

Jennings was blasted out recently enough by the wicked punching Luis Ortiz (for the me the dark horse of heavyweight boxing right now). But he has solid fundementals managing to take Klitschko 12 rounds in a pretty dull affair. This might offer Joshua the best test of his boxing ability but is probably likely to be the dullest of the three potential fights. Jennings is also probably the least attrative of the 3 options for Matchroom to headline a ppv.

Molina isnt much more than a limited fighter with a decent chin and plenty of heart. I think he offers the least threat to Joshua of the three opponents but you can depend on him giving it a go. Seen recently taking a pretty one sided beating from Wilder before scoring a surprise upset over a shot Adamek to get himself into contention for another big fight. Probably the least attractive option for me as I cant even see a hint of Molina being able to win the fight. Or really offering much more than willing target practice which Joshua has had plenty of already.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Shortlist for Anthony Joshua - Page 2 Empty Re: Shortlist for Anthony Joshua

Post by huw Thu 27 Oct 2016, 5:45 pm

Just looking forward to the video of Hearn on Facebook, driving his car and telling us 'confidentially' that this is going to be his toughest test ever......

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 27 Oct 2016, 5:49 pm

Slightly off topic but Flanagan is defending against Orlando Cruz in another disappointing defence, seems to be undoing all the good work he did beating Zepeda and Magdaleno with some average defences.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 27 Oct 2016, 6:12 pm

They offered Juan Diaz the fight over here - but offered only a measly $75k. Crolla and Linares are tied up - as are Garcia and Zlaticanin.

They're probably waiting to see what happens with Crolla vs Linares but he hasn't long left at 135.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 27 Oct 2016, 6:50 pm

There's a host of top drawer 130lbers they could have got to move up.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Thu 27 Oct 2016, 6:59 pm

Some reports of molina arriving into manchester today to agree terms. That would be the absolute drizzling sh1t. The matchroom grinch strikes for christmas.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Thu 27 Oct 2016, 7:39 pm

I think that Alfred Molina has more chance than Eric.

What pile of t*rd.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 27 Oct 2016, 7:51 pm

... Which is why they'll pick him. Jennings could be a bit awkward, price potentially could land a big right (if he didn't freeze), Molina could do little except be a punchbag.

The great British public will sadly still part with their cash for it, so why take any risks.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Thu 27 Oct 2016, 9:42 pm

I was really hoping it wouldnt be Molina. Neither the skills of Jennings nor the punch of Price. Total cannon fodder.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 28 Oct 2016, 11:32 am

Molina is a better option than Price.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri 28 Oct 2016, 11:57 am

Derek knows that without him against Whyte Joshua against doughnut on ppv might not do very good numbers maybe I'm wrong and people will tune in whoever he fights:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=54I7FWXgKqE

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Fri 28 Oct 2016, 12:56 pm

How the heck are they going to spin Molina as a decent opponent? I know that Joshua fights sell on his name alone but do they genuinely believe that actual fans lap up their shee-ite?

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri 28 Oct 2016, 1:06 pm

Mr Bounce wrote:How the heck are they going to spin Molina as a decent opponent?  I know that Joshua fights sell on his name alone but do they genuinely believe that actual fans lap up their shee-ite?

Exactly !

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by smashingstormcrow Fri 28 Oct 2016, 1:13 pm

Molina will be a better fight than Price... probably better than his last two opponents to be fair, who were both complete Poopie.

smashingstormcrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronikara Fri 28 Oct 2016, 2:15 pm

Molina has been confirmed on MSN Sport. Oh joy. He'll last more rounds than Price I suppose, but that's about the only positive I can say about him. Absolutely no skills testing at all for AJ. Come to think about it, I can't think of any particularly elusive or skilful fighters that AJ has faced, and that's worrying considering he is supposed to be fighting Wlad next in the spring...

Ronikara

Back to top Go down

Post by EX7EY Fri 28 Oct 2016, 2:25 pm

So bored of this Aj stuff now. I cn't beleive people keep paying to see him KO garbage. 'World champion' in his 16th fight and still fighting nobodies. It's criminal. People should vote with their wallets this time and let Hearn know we are fed up with it. Sadly that won't happen.

EX7EY

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 28 Oct 2016, 2:58 pm

He delivers knockouts and that's all that people care about, be and high mighty all you want but the public would rather see that than a 12 round competitive borefest.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by EX7EY Fri 28 Oct 2016, 4:13 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:He delivers knockouts and that's all that people care about, be and high mighty all you want but the public would rather see that than a 12 round competitive borefest.

Thats a bit of a cynical way to look at it. Not every competetive fight is a 12 round borefest. And I don't really think longing for a semi competetive bout is being high and mighty. It's almost akin to watching Manchester City hammer Dagenham and Redbridge 10-0 every singleweekend. Yes there's goals, but it wouldn't really mean much would it.

I'm actually starting to hope AJ turns out to be hype job and gets splattered the first time he faces someone half decent, which is still areal possibility. Which is a bad way to want things to go, but that's how I'm starting to feel.

Eddie Hearn is getting on my wick now too. I thought he was alright but he's jsut the same as the rest. He does deliver some big fights but only when the timing is what he considers perfect or the risk is low ala Brook facing GGG.

EX7EY

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 28 Oct 2016, 4:14 pm

It's the way you've felt ever since you've been on this forum and your just becoming an extension of Strongback, wanting every Matchroom fighter to lose and seeing the negatives in everything.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by EX7EY Fri 28 Oct 2016, 4:41 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:It's the way you've felt ever since you've been on this forum and your just becoming an extension of Strongback, wanting every Matchroom fighter to lose and seeing the negatives in everything.

That's a load of garbage. I want every matchroom fighter to lose because I'm bored of watching a so called heavyweight champion of the world fight stiffs? And I'm bored of being spun a yarn by Eddie? Ok then pal. I don't know who this strongback character is but if he was onto Hearn in the early days then fair play to the bloke.

I'm a fan of Quigg, Crolla, Brook (admittedly not always but he won me over taking on GGG), Froch when he was active. The rest I am indifferent to, certainly do not want any of them to lose and I respect anybody that puts on decent watchable fights.

I will admit I am cynical when it comes to Hearn because how can anybody with eyes, ears and one or two brain cells not be anymore? He is a shady character, simple as that - to quote Tony B.

What you've jsut said has no basis in fact. Just random comments because you are clearly content with this sorry state boxing finds itself in and are happy for people like Hearn to take the p!ss and milk the fans. Well I'm not, and I won't apologise for it.

EX7EY

Back to top Go down

Post by EX7EY Fri 28 Oct 2016, 4:48 pm

How can anybody not see what is right in front of them? Hearn has got his dirty little paws in every organisation as far as the heavyweight division is concerened. It's so blatantly obvious.

Fury wins the belts, immediately the IBF strip him and the belt mysteriously ends up in the hands of Joshua one and a half fights later, by way of a punch that couldn't have put my nan on her @rse? Fury vacates due to personal problems and Parker Vs Ruiz gets made with no mention whatsover of Wlad who was actually due to fight for the belt until his opponent got rid? Haye mysteriously ends up 3rd in the WBO rankings after fighting....who again? Someone remind me because their names already elude me. Oh that's right a couple of bin men.

If you can't see what's going on and you are happy with it I feel for you.

EX7EY

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 28 Oct 2016, 5:03 pm

Explain what's right in front of me then because you just came across as a tin hat wearer.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by EX7EY Fri 28 Oct 2016, 5:14 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Explain what's right in front of me then because you just came across as a tin hat wearer.

Refer to post above. I'm not engaging with you anymore. Sorry I'm not getting chills of excitment at the prospect of Joshua KO yet another walking punch bag. Sorry I'm tired of listening to Eddies false promises. Sorry I don't come on here with Eddies DNA dribbling down my chin because I'm so grateful for the chance to pay another £16.95 whilst we watch this world heavyweight champion gain experience and remain ever hopeful that he will one day fight somebody with a pulse.

Some people don't want to see it, fair enough. But I don't think you have to be that bright to see what's occuring here.

EX7EY

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 28 Oct 2016, 5:18 pm

Cop out of an answer, you've made a statement you can't back up.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by EX7EY Fri 28 Oct 2016, 5:21 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Cop out of an answer, you've made a statement you can't back up.

Err, I did back it up. It may be circumstantial evidence but obviously unless you are in the immediate loop, clearly that's all you will ever have.

I've got an idea though, when you're done smoking Eddie off, get your chops off his pole and ask him for the inside scoop Very Happy

EX7EY

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 28 Oct 2016, 5:22 pm

You're clearly an imbecile who probably believes 911 was an inside job.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sat 29 Oct 2016, 5:06 pm

Have moved the 9/11 stuff to off topic you can discuss it there to your hearts content

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sat 29 Oct 2016, 5:22 pm

Joshua v Molina is a god awful ppv event. There will always be the crazies happy to defend it though.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sat 29 Oct 2016, 5:27 pm

If it sells its justified.

Nothing more to it than that.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 30 Oct 2016, 8:43 am

The card might by make up for it though

Hearn said if it's not klitschko he will stack the card

So it might be better than we think depending on who goes on there

But if it's not stacked I won't be buying

Last edited by BoxingFan88 on Sun 30 Oct 2016, 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Sun 30 Oct 2016, 9:00 am

We know what a 'stacked card' means, BF88. The Smith bros., Luke Campbell, Connor Benn etc vs South American bin men.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 30 Oct 2016, 10:03 am

Haha

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 31 Oct 2016, 8:02 am

Confirmed on Boxing rec as well, but the BBC can't be bothered to put anything out on this. Yep, nothing of a fight designed to make some people a few quid quickly. I won't be tuning into this.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 31 Oct 2016, 9:23 am

bhb001 wrote:Confirmed on Boxing rec as well, but the BBC can't be bothered to put anything out on this. Yep, nothing of a fight designed to make some people a few quid quickly. I won't be tuning into this.

Well obviously depends on the card I guess

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 31 Oct 2016, 10:20 am

'stack the cards' definition:

"Card stacking is a propaganda technique that seeks to manipulate audience perception of an issue by emphasizing one side and repressing another"

I'm confident Eddie will be card stacking again

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 31 Oct 2016, 12:16 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:
bhb001 wrote:Confirmed on Boxing rec as well, but the BBC can't be bothered to put anything out on this. Yep, nothing of a fight designed to make some people a few quid quickly. I won't be tuning into this.

Well obviously depends on the card I guess

Nope. I have no interest in seeing this. With 5 weeks to go, he is hardly gong to get Mayweather vs Pacquiao as his main supporting event is he!! If he can't publish the card yet, then there is no chance that the fights will be truly competitive.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 31 Oct 2016, 12:21 pm

milkyboy wrote:'stack the cards' definition:

"Card stacking is a propaganda technique that seeks to manipulate audience perception of an issue by emphasizing one side and repressing another"

Oh come on, if the chance to watch Callum Smith in another eight round tool sharpener is not worth £17 of your money I fail to see what could be.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 31 Oct 2016, 12:23 pm

In fairness Concepcion against Yafai should be a decent fight while Burton will make quick work of Buglioni.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 31 Oct 2016, 1:30 pm

Rowley wrote:
milkyboy wrote:'stack the cards' definition:

Oh come on, if the chance to watch Callum Smith in another eight round tool sharpener is not worth £17 of your money I fail to see what could be.

Fair point rowley, if Callum didn't get to showcase his ability in vital tune-ups against Argentinian labourers then he wouldn't be ready for the big time. If you won't pay for that, you can't call yourself a fan really.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2