The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tonight's spoilers

+2
hazharrison
Jermaine2015
6 posters

Go down

Tonight's spoilers Empty Tonight's spoilers

Post by Jermaine2015 Sat 03 Dec 2016, 8:45 pm

Murat Gassiev beats Denis Lebedev by Split Decision 116-112, 116-111 and 113-114. Gassiev dropped Lebedev in the 5th and hurt him bad. Scorecards leave a little bit to desire. Gassiev IBF champion, bizarrely Lebedev keeps WBA(super) title...

On the undercard Eduard Troyanovsky was stunningly KO'd by Julius Indongo in the first round. Indongo new IBF 140 champion

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Tonight's spoilers Empty Re: Tonight's spoilers

Post by hazharrison Sat 03 Dec 2016, 8:47 pm

Didn't keep score but thought Lebedev nicked that. Should have bet on Gassiev!

Cruiserweight is a brilliant division right now.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Sat 03 Dec 2016, 8:57 pm

I thought Lebedev won by 3 rounds TBH. After the 6th Gassiev's work rate and power seemed to go down.

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sat 03 Dec 2016, 9:05 pm

Jermaine2015 wrote:I thought Lebedev won by 3 rounds TBH. After the 6th Gassiev's work rate and power seemed to go down.

Did you notice the acne all across his forehead at the end? Hmmm...

Yeah, thought it was a pretty heroic performance to be honest. Reminded me of Mike McCallum vs Jeff Harding: two tough, tough men who refused to buckle.

Gassiev looks like he could punch walls down.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Sat 03 Dec 2016, 9:08 pm

hazharrison wrote:
Jermaine2015 wrote:I thought Lebedev won by 3 rounds TBH. After the 6th Gassiev's work rate and power seemed to go down.

Did you notice the acne all across his forehead at the end? Hmmm...

Yeah, thought it was a pretty heroic performance to be honest. Reminded me of Mike McCallum vs Jeff Harding: two tough, tough men who refused to buckle.

Gassiev looks like he could punch walls down.
It's a Russian thing... censored

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 03 Dec 2016, 9:10 pm

Cruiserweight is an evenly matched divison but by god is it crap.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sat 03 Dec 2016, 9:12 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Cruiserweight is an evenly matched divison but by god is it crap.

Boxing's most fun division is crap. What do you do for laughs?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Sat 03 Dec 2016, 9:15 pm

Bellew seems to have dodged another bullet WBC 'champion in recess' Grigory Drozd isn't able to continue fighting following shoulder surgery.

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sat 03 Dec 2016, 9:19 pm

Jermaine2015 wrote:Bellew seems to have dodged another bullet WBC 'champion in recess' Grigory Drozd isn't able to continue fighting following shoulder surgery.

Didn't know that. Thought his mando was Breidis?

Beasts at every turn!

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Sat 03 Dec 2016, 9:23 pm

hazharrison wrote:
Jermaine2015 wrote:Bellew seems to have dodged another bullet WBC 'champion in recess' Grigory Drozd isn't able to continue fighting following shoulder surgery.

Beasts at every turn!
Breidis is mandatory, as Drozd wanted a tune up before taking his shot. But his shoulder isn't healing.

Just read online that Breidis' camp have requested Bellew be stripped of the title. Breidis vs Huck for the vacate belt....tasty

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sat 03 Dec 2016, 9:34 pm

Jermaine2015 wrote:
hazharrison wrote:

Beasts at every turn!
Breidis is mandatory, as Drozd wanted a tune up before taking his shot. But his shoulder isn't healing.

Just read online that Breidis' camp have requested Bellew be stripped of the title. Breidis vs Huck for the vacate belt....tasty

It's a cracking division at the minute. I'd like to see Gassiev vs Huck.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Sat 03 Dec 2016, 9:36 pm

Think Huck's on the decline...had a few home town decisions during his 'peak' as well. Usyk vs Gassiev for me.

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Sun 04 Dec 2016, 10:31 am

Billy Joe Saunders retained his WBO middleweight title with a UD over Russian Artur Akavov. Saunders got scores of 116-113, 116-112 and 115-113 but it was a terrible performance

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 04 Dec 2016, 3:36 pm

Usyk-Mchunu is on the undercard of Hopkins farewell fight. Could be a goodie. Mchunu will need to have upped his stamina by a lot though. He made Makubu look like a bum for most of the fight and then gassed badly and got knocked the f### out. If he gasses against Usyk, it's gonna be ugly.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 05 Dec 2016, 9:06 am

Jermaine2015 wrote:Murat Gassiev beats Denis Lebedev by Split Decision 116-112, 116-111 and 113-114. Gassiev dropped Lebedev in the 5th and hurt him bad. Scorecards leave a little bit to desire. Gassiev IBF champion, bizarrely Lebedev keeps WBA(super) title...

On the undercard Eduard Troyanovsky was stunningly KO'd by Julius Indongo in the first round. Indongo new IBF 140 champion

To be fair it was a fairly subjective fight to score. Lebedev did look very ragged and appeared to force alot of his work whereas Gassiev seem to fight within himself with a air of confidence that he knew he was winning this fight. I personally gave it to Lebedev 114-113, but also could see how you could give it to Gassiev 116-111.

Didnt start watching the card to late Sat whilst in bed and managed to wake Miss SoF with a 'Oh Poopie!' when Indongo put Troyanovsky to sleep. Also with Kudryashov getting back on the wagon by putting his opponent to sleep in the first and watching the car crash which is Rakhim Chakhkiev (how the Frak did he win a gold at the Olympics), the Russians certainly know how to organise a quality boxing show. It was up there with last years Boxnation Wednesday night Russian card.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 05 Dec 2016, 10:11 am

Yep SOF, chakhkiev fights like a guym who's just walked out of a gym, watched some boxing on tv and fancied having a go. Like Brian Sutherland on steroids.

As for troyanovsky, I guess in a 40 second fight you can say he was caught cold, but he did a good impression of a guy who'd never fought a southpaw. He claims he never saw punch... he must have been the only guy in the arena who didnt... it came from row Z - right where his right hand would have been if he hadn't just dropped it for no apparent reason.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down