The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whyte v Parker on PPV

+5
compelling and rich
Herman Jaeger
Mr Bounce
TRUSSMAN66
melv500
9 posters

Go down

Whyte v Parker on PPV Empty Whyte v Parker on PPV

Post by melv500 Thu 07 Jun 2018, 11:12 am

This is just completely taking the pi*s now. How the fu*k can this be PPV worthy???? Sorry but anyone who thinks Eddie Hearn is good for british boxing is an idiot. I said it before Tony Bellew has headlined 3 PPV events without even a world title on the line, just think about that for a while. It is a complete and utter joke. Shame as I would like to watch this and would have been good Fight Night main event. Will not be paying for this. Rant over

melv500

Back to top Go down

Whyte v Parker on PPV Empty Re: Whyte v Parker on PPV

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 07 Jun 2018, 11:28 am

He knows plenty of muppets will buy it.....Probably bring out the plastic chair to chuck..

Last PPV I bought was Wlad v Fury..

Both nothing more than trialhorses...

Hearn is a Businessman...He is in Boxing to make money..Surprised anyone thought he had any other motive.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by melv500 Thu 07 Jun 2018, 11:32 am

Totally agree with that. Just a shame that the real fans miss out or fork out because of it. Amazing how many muppets will pay for it, in fact it is beyond comprehension.

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Thu 07 Jun 2018, 12:50 pm

It's such a shame. Whyte has done well since AJ and is happily taking on guys towards the top of the rankings to force another title shot. Good to see that Parker is happy to challenge too. However, this is a fight of CONTENDERS. They are not champions.

I think I might go for Whyte in this. He seems to be on a roll and wants to prove to everyone that he deserves his position in the rankings. Parker seems a little "beige by comparison - he's almost too laid back and there's no real spark with him. Doubt Dillian will knock him out though (However we thought that with Browne).

Glad that Parker isn't facing Jennings. I reckon that would have been as exciting as Scott Welch's pitiful WBO title challenge.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu 07 Jun 2018, 6:07 pm

Hearn at it again the day after I give him a gee up as well

Quite like the fight but disgusted really we’re asked to pay for it. Not buying this one on principle. It’s a good fight but non ppv worthy

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 08 Jun 2018, 8:30 am

its going to have to be a great undercard for anyone to buy this

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Fri 08 Jun 2018, 8:42 am

A shame it's ppv as I'm looking forward to this fight. Not a chance I'll be paying for this though, you can see that even Dillian knows that this isn't ppv, he can't stop smiling about it (who can blame him tbh).

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by melv500 Fri 08 Jun 2018, 10:38 am

I just cannot pay for this out of principal so will try and watch through Kodi. I really like this fight and fair play to both for taking the risk. People may not like Whyte outside the ring or his style inside but you have to give him credit for the route he is taking. If he gets through this he more than deserves another world title shot.

Hard one to call. Both have solid chins and averge punchers so I think this goes to points. As he has home advantage I am leaning towards Whyte via split decision.

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by LivinginItaly Fri 08 Jun 2018, 11:17 am

I think this will be a very good test for Whyte, and will tell us a lot about his level on the world stage. The Ppv aspect doesn't bother me so much coz they are all free on sky over here.

LivinginItaly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Jun 2018, 12:58 pm

Dereck Chisora will fight Carlos Takam on the undercard of rival Dillian Whyte's match-up with Joseph Parker.

Back to top Go down

Post by smashingstormcrow Fri 15 Jun 2018, 1:05 pm

Kell Brook is fighting on the undercard too. So it's a pretty stacked card... actually I can't help thinking that Kell should be the headline fight.

smashingstormcrow

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Fri 15 Jun 2018, 4:47 pm

Pretty decent card coming together, although for me the Kell fight is majorly disappointing. Thought Rabchenko was a fair enough opponent for his 1st fight at the weight and coming off 2 bad losses.

But hard not to be underwhelmed by Cook as an opponent, especially with the promises it would be somewhere between Rabchenko and Hurd.

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Fri 15 Jun 2018, 5:34 pm

I agree - I think that Kell should headline this. It's not as if anyone of the others are champions and he's got a far better background. Still, I guess the heavies sell better.

I have a feeling that the Takam/Chisora fight will be a snoozefest on points.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down