The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

+12
tigertattie
President Trump
NickisBHAFC
JoshSansom
Fernando
Dr Gregory House MD
marty2086
Uryu Ishida
Beer
Marky
Samo
Dolphin Ziggler
16 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

News items that dont merit their own thread...thread - Page 3 Empty News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 10 Oct 2018, 12:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

Rey Mysterio finally returns for WWE next week, and it is said by wwe to be “full-time”

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

News items that dont merit their own thread...thread - Page 3 Empty Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 02 May 2019, 10:17 am

https://mobile.twitter.com/JonMoxley/status/1123438186410205184

Jon Moxley is back! (Someone call Hero)

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

News items that dont merit their own thread...thread - Page 3 Empty Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 09 May 2019, 4:21 am

Looks like the Lars stuff is finally getting some attention. Picked up by some wrestlers and some sports sites. Been mentioned that he may now be in trouble with top brass.

Good

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Thu 09 May 2019, 12:15 pm

Big E tweeted it out yesterday.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 09 May 2019, 1:45 pm

Not the only one on the roster, some redditors have got annoyed with it being ignored so tried to expose it.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Thu 09 May 2019, 2:41 pm

Yeah, i've seen the thread.

Saw similar when the ECB tried to bury Wilkerson.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 10 May 2019, 10:04 am

Beer wrote:Yeah, i've seen the thread.

Saw similar when the ECB tried to bury Wilkerson.

That “he’s too sexy for England” thread worked though. Hopefully the racists get punished as easily as us sexy, sexy guys were.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sun 12 May 2019, 12:13 am

Luchador Silver King has passed away age 51 after collapsing in the ring earlier this evening

I don’t know what happened but it seemed fairly innocuous judging by the tweets I saw from people at the show

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 20 Jun 2019, 8:53 pm

Nikki Bella has announced that her neck is in terrible shape, and scans have shown she has a cyst on her brain. She’s being forced to retire officially from wrestling.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 29 Aug 2019, 12:40 pm

WWE have discussed a return to NXT for Enzo and Cass

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 01 Sep 2019, 7:37 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:WWE have discussed a return to NXT for Enzo and Cass

KICKED OUT ON 1!

Triple H: "I immediately told our PR to shoot down the Enzo and Cass rumours. Absolutely zero interest. Congratulations to Enzo, I’m sure spreading rumours is working well for him but I want no part of it"

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sun 01 Sep 2019, 4:34 pm

Interesting that Trips is so blunt about it.

Side note: WALTER vs Tyler Bate is a match of the year candidate. Awesome stuff.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 12 Sep 2019, 1:18 pm

205 Live is being cancelled and the cruiserweight division is being incorporated into NXT when it moves to FOX

--------------------------------------------------

Kurt Angle has been working as a producer, and most of this weeks RAW and SmackDown were produced by him

--------------------------------------------------

Michael Cole could be moving back to SmackDown as part of the upcoming draft. The draft isnt expected to make any huge changes but will be a vehicle for solidifying the brand split again, with the Wildcard rule going away.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 26 Sep 2019, 6:05 pm

The new announce teams have been announced for RAW and SmackDown going forward.

RAW - Vic Joseph, Dio Maddin and Jerry Lawley
SmackDown - Michael Cole, Corey Graves and Renee Young

NXT remains unchanged with Mauro leading the team of Nigel McGuiness and Beth Pheonix. No reason yet as to why Tom Philips and Byron Saxton have been cut.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WWE have resigned John Morrison.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 26 Sep 2019, 6:15 pm

Renee is the new host of the backstage WWE show on Fox and there is a belief that she won't be commentating long term. In fact, the reports suggested not at all, so I wonder whether she is in for the first week and then gone, especially as that article specifically is about "Premiere Week" and she is described as a "Special Contributor."

Feel for Tom and Byron, who I generally enjoy. Jerry is awful now and I think they are missing a trick here by not letting AEW have him. I know he and JR together will draw a casuals, nostalgia crowd, but he is s*** and I think JR has lost it too. Not sure it helps them stand out as something different, either

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 27 Sep 2019, 9:39 am

Mercifully, it’s being reported that King’s role is temporary and they’re looking for other talent

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 02 Oct 2019, 9:00 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Mercifully, it’s being reported that King’s role is temporary and they’re looking for other talent

It was the first dose of this particular medicine for a while, but I must admit King did a very good job in being the experienced hand with two (seemingly) nervous rookies on the big stage.

As we don't have Raw threads any more, I would say that was a good (soft) reboot - with the weird cuck angle at the end a bit rubbish and a letdown with the limo reveal thing. Some wanted Punk or Morrison, I just assumed Vince was coming in to change the main event (although I did say out loud that Vince prefers black limos - a weird thing to say to no one). But, it gives Rusev an angle, it's also another angle that isn't just a title holder vs a contender. WWE is doing much better with that across the card.

Genuinely excited for NXT and Smackdown - which then makes Hell in a Cell something I'm now looking forward to.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 02 Oct 2019, 3:16 pm

Brock attacking the Mysterios makes it seem concrete that Mysterio will screw Lesnar on SmackDown somehow.  Kofi's reign survives another week.

I wish I could say I was excited by Hell in a Cell but theres been three matches announced. They'll be fine matches no doubt, but its not great that its this Sunday and we dont have anything else booked.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 03 Oct 2019, 8:07 am

AEW was fine.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 03 Oct 2019, 8:15 am

NXT threw every they had at them and then some.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 04 Oct 2019, 2:10 pm

And blew them away, in my opinion. AEW was fine, a bit like TNA with money though, whilst NXT nailed first real USA show

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 04 Oct 2019, 2:27 pm

But AEW have mashed them in the ratings, especially the teen demographic. I guess they’re fresh, on TNT over there, anti-establishment (WWE), but it’s weird to me.

Thought Cody in the opener had a weak match, thought the Women’s match was a horror, didn’t care for that MJF stuff at all. Bucks and Omega looked great, Moxley is obviously cool. Thought the ending was a bit crappy but they need recognisable faces and stories that lead on.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 04 Oct 2019, 11:20 pm

Rumour mill going into Overdrive that Edge has been medically cleared to return to the ring. Coupled with him quitting the podcast theres an air of legitimacy about it.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 09 Oct 2019, 3:48 pm

Watched the NWA show last night it was genuinely a really good watch

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 15 Oct 2019, 7:58 pm

Eric Bischoff fired by WWE replaced by Bruce Pritchard

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 16 Oct 2019, 12:19 am

Fernando wrote:Watched the NWA show last night it was genuinely a really good watch

Watched Week 2 and i have decided it's my favourite show right now in Wrestling.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 16 Oct 2019, 9:23 am

I might give it a go, although I've not watched all of last week's AEW yet. Are they all on YouTube?

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 16 Oct 2019, 10:07 am

The matches, if ive read the results right, are very quick

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 16 Oct 2019, 12:16 pm

it's wrestling stripped back to it's basics the opposite of every company. Very much promo orientated too. Get 3/4 matches a show so don't expect a 30 minute classic in a 55 minute show.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 17 Oct 2019, 5:10 pm

Forget Undertaker at WrestleMania, the real streak is over. One of WWE's longest tenured superstars has seemingly been released.

Alicia Fox has had her page moved from WWE Superstars to WWE Alumni.

RIP to the best Northern Lights suplex in the game.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 25 Oct 2019, 9:08 pm

Xavier Woods injury is more severe than originally thought, he’s tore his achilles tendon and is looking at 9-12 months out.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 31 Oct 2019, 8:39 pm

Crown Jewel Spoilers:

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 01 Nov 2019, 8:34 am

Survivor Series this year will be all three (not you, 205Live) brands. Rumours of a Wargames match.

Would also suggest the usual "champ vs champ" will be triple threats, which gives us the possibility of Adam Cole (BAYBAY) vs
CJ spoilers:
, Becky vs Bayley vs Shayna.

I really hope they use this to bring back Ronda and start some 4HW s***

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 01 Nov 2019, 3:28 pm

Cain Velcro now needs surgery on his knee. PCL or ACL. Sounds like he has long been injury prone. If they're smart, they could manage this as him preparing to become a wrestler after losing here, saying he was too MMA focused.

It would work as a Mania rematch, title or (hopefully) not.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 13 Nov 2019, 6:50 am

THIS IS NOT A DRILL! CM PUNK JUST RETURNED TO WWE BACKSTAGE!

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 13 Nov 2019, 7:18 am

Other news that’s less exciting:

Gargano injured for SS.
Sin Cara/Hunico asked for but not granted his release.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 13 Nov 2019, 8:53 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Other news that’s less exciting:

Gargano injured for SS.
Sin Cara/HUNICO asked for but not granted his release.

Fixed for you.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 14 Nov 2019, 4:25 am

TAFKA Jordan Myles ACH has spectacularly quit WWE, with an explicit rant in a twitter video, saying he no longer wants to work for a racist organization.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 14 Nov 2019, 9:55 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Other news that’s less exciting:

Gargano injured for SS.
Sin Cara/Hunico asked for but not granted his release.

The planned Gargano v Balor match for War Games is now Riddle v Balor, someone else to take Riddle's place in the male War Games match, Dijakovic relegated to "mystery third man".

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 09 Dec 2019, 7:47 am

The Ascension, Sin Cara and Luke Harper granted releases. Look forward to Harper eventually going to AEW as he’s a real talent.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 09 Dec 2019, 9:04 am

Think Harper would do well in Japan as well, especially as a big man wrestler. Sin Cara wanted out for ages and will likely end up in AAA or CMLL. Shame about the Ascension, but they were doomed from the start on the main roster. With two tag divisions screaming for talent its weird that they werent used more.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 14 Jan 2020, 1:10 pm

Tessa Blanchard won the IMPACT World Title.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 14 Jan 2020, 2:23 pm

But what’s the more newsworthy talk about Tessa?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 14 Jan 2020, 2:37 pm

People in Japan were mean to her.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon 02 Mar 2020, 9:49 am

Southpaw Regional Wrestling is back for it's 3rd Season this summer.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 02 Mar 2020, 12:46 pm

AJPW are apparently talking with WWE in terms of a partnership. It’s sent some people loopy, full of worry, but I don’t think it will equate to NXT Japan.

Partnerships aren’t new between major US companies and the Japanese ones. Global audience changes have certainly made the landscape very different, but wcw and wwf seemed to be mucking around Japanese (and Mexican) companies throughout the 90s.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 15 Apr 2020, 6:22 am

The team formerly known as The Revival have been granted their release.

The XFL has declared bankruptcy after half a season because of problems arising because of Covid-19.

Kairi Sane could be on her way back to Stardom when her contract expires, which is soon.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 15 Apr 2020, 8:14 pm

More releases have been announced:

Drake Maverick
EC3
Eric Young
Curt Hawkins
Heath Slater
Lio Rush
Karl Anderson
Luke Gallows
Erick Rowan
Epico
Primo
Sarah Logan
Mike Kanellis
Maria Kanellis

And some backstage employees have been furloughed

Billy Kidman
Mike Rotunda
Pat Buck
Fit Finlay
Shawn Daivari
Scott Armstrong
Sarah Stock
Shane Helms
Lance Storm
Kurt Angle
Mike Chioda
Aiden English

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Marsh Wed 15 Apr 2020, 8:48 pm

Rowan & Zack Ryder have gone as well. A few surprising names in there for me, some like Slater and Ryder purely for their longevity rather than any storyline importance. Whereas really surprised by Gallows and Anderson, can't be many who've gone from participating in a Wrestlemania headline match to gone within a couple of weeks

Marsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 15 Apr 2020, 11:22 pm

Reports that the NXT roster will be paid for 30 days and then they’re all free to go looking for work.

That seems insane. There’s no way they’re letting Cole, Dream, Ciampa, Gargano and the like walk away

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 16 Apr 2020, 4:37 am

Rusev and No Way Jose gone too, aswell as a few more developmental talents.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next