The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland 2020 Internationals

+29
GLove39
formerly known as Sam
sensisball
Gooseberry
Mcsweens
George Carlin
Old Man
LondonTiger
Margin_Walker
Highland Shaun
No 7&1/2
EST
Hoonercat
TJ
lostinwales
funnyExiledScot
jimbopip
Tramptastic
Anglobraveheart
NeilyBroon
demosthenes
RiscaGame
RDW
Hazel Sapling
mikey_dragon
BigGee
tigertattie
bsando
33 posters

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Scotland 2020 Internationals  - Page 9 Empty Scotland 2020 Internationals

Post by bsando Sun 23 Aug 2020, 4:02 pm

First topic message reminder :

With club rugby in Europe back up and running I thought it might be time to begin a new International thread.

Scotland's Upcoming 2020 International Fixtures

Warm Up

Scotland vs Georgia 23rd October BT Murrayfield (KO TBC)

6 Nations

Wales vs Scotland 31st October 2.15pm KO (venue TBC)

Eight Nations Tournament pool games

Italy vs Scotland November 14th November 12.45pm KO (Venue TBC)

Scotland vs France 22nd November 3pm KO BT Murrayfield

Scotland vs Fiji 28th November 1.45pm KO BT Murrayfield

December 5th Eight Nations play-off matches (1st vs 1st, 2nd vs 2nd, 3rd vs 3rd, 4th vs 4th)

Last edited by bsando on Wed 16 Sep 2020, 7:19 am; edited 4 times in total

bsando

Back to top Go down

Scotland 2020 Internationals  - Page 9 Empty Re: Scotland 2020 Internationals

Post by RDW Sun 01 Nov 2020, 8:56 am

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/finn-is-in-more-pain-than-adam-scotland-face-potential-flyhalf-crisis-ahead-of-autumn-nations-cup/

Not sounding good for Finn... Sad

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 01 Nov 2020, 9:09 am

I think they are both done for the rest of the autumn

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 01 Nov 2020, 9:17 am

To be fair, given our new tactics relying on Weir is less of an issue than it used to be. He would have fitted in quite well yesterday!

It does mean our attacking threat needs to come from elsewhere, would could mean the return of Jones. Toonie said after the game they were going to try new combos across the series.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sun 01 Nov 2020, 9:23 am

I'm not too bothered about Weir, as you say, provided we don't pair him with Lang and Harris. We need someone in the midfield able to run quickly and cut a line.

Might be worth shifting Harris to 12 and asking Jones to come back in at 13. Duhan on the wing is a no brainer as well. I love that our defence has improved, but we really struggled to create against Wales.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sun 01 Nov 2020, 9:25 am

Attack is certainly something that needs to be improved. I liked the patience that Scotland are using to create platforms to strike from though. That seems to be their mantra, to play all their rugby in the opposition half and defend like hell and exit in their own. But the caveat is they have Hogg, Russell, Graham, DVDM, Maitland who can all attack well from their own half if the game were to start slipping away. It’s a clever game plan if you ask me. Much better than before. Lots to iron out though and having both fly halves injured is a real bummer.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Sun 01 Nov 2020, 9:56 am

Well, for Italy I am guessing we will see Weir starting and fully expecting that P Horne will get a call up to be considered for the back-up 10 role.

I would hope we make some changes for the Italy game to provide a bit of a break to some of the players. Four games in four weeks is a tough ask and Fiji is not a pushover.

Would like to see Turner (for Brown), Skinner (for anyone in the back five), G Horne (for Price), Weir, S Johnson (for Lang) and VDM (for Kinghorn). Would like to see Hutchinson be called up and put in the 22 jersey as he can cover 10 and the centres. I fully expect it to be Lang or P Horne in the 22 jersey. Not sure if we can get away with Maitland for Hogg due to the captaincy but Hogg has now played a European final, a league final and a Six Nations game in the last three weeks. The week off is the perfect time for him to relax however Maitland is our starting wing and could do with some game time.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Sun 01 Nov 2020, 10:34 am

When does VdW qualify again? Early Dec?

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sun 01 Nov 2020, 1:02 pm

I feel we need to take a moment to consider.....59 points conceded in this year's 6 Nations. Shocked

Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

Chapeau to Toonie, Tandy and the players. OK

Meatball and Furra to replace Dancer The Groin and Haircut The Shoulder? Fine by me.

Johnson-Shuggie in at 12-13? They'll need to convince Toonie that they can defend better than the incumbents. Johnson, probably.

59 points in 5 games??? Unbelievable.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Sun 01 Nov 2020, 4:00 pm

jimbopip wrote:I feel we need to take a moment to consider.....59 points conceded in this year's 6 Nations. Shocked

Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

Chapeau to Toonie, Tandy and the players. OK

Meatball and Furra to replace Dancer The Groin and Haircut The Shoulder? Fine by me.

Johnson-Shuggie in at 12-13? They'll need to convince Toonie that they can defend better than the incumbents. Johnson, probably.

59 points in 5 games??? Unbelievable.

Credit where credits due, Tandy has been a fantastic hire, as has DuPleissus. Dalziel looks like he's making a stamp on the lineout too.

If we can be a bit more ambitious with selection and Toonie puts more faith in the defensive capabilities of his best attacking players then we can really build on the winning consistency and maybe even win some silverware!

We won't beat other the sides consistently ranked above us with a vanilla midfield.

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by Anglobraveheart Sun 01 Nov 2020, 5:02 pm

I think that we are just missing some pizzazz in the centres. A big ball carrier atb8 would be fine, but I think if we have some speed and pervasiveness in the centre, then a mobile feisty back row will feed off that and vice versa.
I think it is also worth persevering with Thompson at 8, to give him time to gell with Watson and Ritchie.
I would also suggest giving Hogg the second half v Italy so that he has a bit of rest time,start with HJ at full back and then move him to 13 in the second half. It's great that the defence has improved so much, but we need to reintroduce some flair again.

Anglobraveheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Anglobraveheart Sun 01 Nov 2020, 5:04 pm

* evasiveness* (if that is a word?) Not pervasiveness Doh

Anglobraveheart

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sun 01 Nov 2020, 5:25 pm

Evasiveness is to be able to avoid people

Pervasiveness is to spread amongst an area or group of people laughing
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Anglobraveheart Sun 01 Nov 2020, 5:41 pm

Cheers TT, t was the former that I meant for our centres. The predictive text thing sometimes causes me problems.

Anglobraveheart

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Sun 01 Nov 2020, 7:02 pm

tigertattie wrote:Evasiveness is to be able to avoid people

Pervasiveness is to spread amongst an area or group of people laughing

Fitting words for difficult times!

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sun 01 Nov 2020, 9:01 pm

I know our defence has improved but at we perhaps jumping the gun a bit given that one game was vs Italy, one against a 14 man France and 2 were played in Hurricane Bawbag’s little brothers?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Sun 01 Nov 2020, 9:22 pm

tigertattie wrote:I know our defence has improved but at we perhaps jumping the gun a bit given that one game was vs Italy, one against a 14 man France and 2 were played in Hurricane Bawbag’s little brothers?

I don't think it's jumping the gun any more than on previous occasions. To be honest the latest stats really put it into perspective for me. We still, on average, are improved versus where we were. Of course it's been anything but linear but the trend is definitely there. We lost the first hurricane bawbag game at home so to win this one whilst playing dull rugby away from home is still progress of sorts.

I think I will always be somewhat sceptical of Toonie and think perhaps we would have had more pragmatism sooner under cotter, but becoming harder to beat is key to international success and we finally seem to be hitting consistency, as the try record attests. If (and it's a big if) we can regain the attacking fluency that we used to have, there's no reason why we couldn't win silverware... That being said it's still not likely but we should be looking to go one further next year and win 4 games etc (if indeed, the 6Ns even happens).

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by Anglobraveheart Sun 01 Nov 2020, 11:15 pm

I think the fact that the games that we lost were by 7 points, and we only conceded 1 try in each of those games, indicates a defensive improvement.
In recent years we have never kept it that tight.

Anglobraveheart

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 01 Nov 2020, 11:37 pm

https://www.theoffsideline.com/focus-turns-to-nations-cup-as-gregor-townsend-looks-to-build-depth/?v=79cba1185463

Some hints from Toonie about what we might see in the next few games

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Highland Shaun Mon 02 Nov 2020, 12:09 am

BigGee wrote:https://www.theoffsideline.com/focus-turns-to-nations-cup-as-gregor-townsend-looks-to-build-depth/?v=79cba1185463

I was just about to post the exact link, you beat me to it by half an hour lol.

I was going to post it and mention how amazed I am at the number of players aged 30+ :-O.

So, tbh the next couple of Autumn test years could have a number of young players in it, with the 2023 world cup in mind.

My question was going to be, who are the young players worth keeping an eye on, Mitch Eadie, Tom Gordon, Ewan Ashman, Jack Blain (I think that's his first name lol)? Anyone I've missed?

Highland Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 02 Nov 2020, 2:44 am

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/54765819

Good summary if things from Tom English as always.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 02 Nov 2020, 3:16 am

Highland Shaun wrote:
BigGee wrote:https://www.theoffsideline.com/focus-turns-to-nations-cup-as-gregor-townsend-looks-to-build-depth/?v=79cba1185463

I was going to post it and mention how amazed I am  at the number of players aged 30+ :-O.

So, tbh the next couple of Autumn test years could have a number of young players in it, with the 2023 world cup in mind.

My question was going to be, who are the young players worth keeping an eye on, Mitch Eadie, Tom Gordon, Ewan Ashman, Jack Blain (I think that's his first name lol)? Anyone I've missed?

is he really still in the conversation...? We've been talking about him for years - I don't think he's going to become a genuine option.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Mon 02 Nov 2020, 6:33 am

Didn't realise our current attrition meant such a drop off behind the scenes!

Toonie would do well to bring Bennett back in. He'll still be around 2023 and beyond and I think has a lot to offer. Shug hopefully will get a couple of shots starting at centre if Toonie is serious about rotation.

I think maybe Dobie could get a call up, blain might even get a go on the wing from the bench if he continues his fine Edinburgh form (he looks better than kinghorn so far in his two appearances). Tagive seems to be another one who will get a shot starting, maybe if Graham gets a rest.

Forwards, the main decision factors will be in the SR. It will be interesting to see what combo wins out, most likely Cummings and A N Other (although likely Gray).

Back row is really tricky if we're looking to future. Mish isn't getting younger, 2023 will likely be his last WC. Our other options are no spring chickens either (Ritchie excepted). I'd have liked to see Crosbie but obviously that's out of the picture. Gordon has been a bit meh recently. Skinner is the most likely outlier for the back row who has longevity beyond the next world cup, or indeed the next couple of years. How did ally miller look in the Edinburgh game? Another one who will probably attend training is Connor Boyle as he will undoubtedly be one for next season.

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by Highland Shaun Mon 02 Nov 2020, 7:33 am

RDW wrote:
Highland Shaun wrote:

I was going to post it and mention how amazed I am  at the number of players aged 30+ :-O.

is he really still in the conversation...? We've been talking about him for years - I don't think he's going to become a genuine option.

I'm not sure how long you peeps have been talking about Eadie as I've been a member less than a year, I only mentioned him because he plays for Bristol and an article on the Scottish Rugby Blog about Scots playing in Gallagher Premiership mentioned he is Scottish Qualified (there were many more including Alex Pleasants, Some lad Onyeama-Christie, Olly Cattell tp name only a few).

I could also add Cameron Henderson and Ollie Smith to my list as they are in the under 20s :-).

You'll have to excuse me though as I'm new to Rugby lol, I've watched 6N since Matt Williams first year but I've only been watching Premiership and Pro 14 for a month so you may think I'm talking crap, whereas in fact, I'm just not up to speed so I'd thank you if you excusd my lack of knowledge of potential stars of the future :-D.

I'd like to sat say though, I like the forum, everyone is so nice, friendly and knowledgeable :-).

Highland Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon 02 Nov 2020, 7:48 am

Probably a season to soon for Dobie and Blain, but both may well be around the squad before the next WC. Both look very promising.

Blain looked an outnd out speedy winger at U20s but has shown in the last hown in the last 2 games thatt he has the skill set to play FB as well.

Dobie seems to have the speed of Horne and the gsme management of Price combined and some.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 02 Nov 2020, 8:23 am

Highland Shaun wrote:
RDW wrote:
Highland Shaun wrote:

I'm not sure how long you peeps have been talking about Eadie as I've been a member less than a year, I only mentioned him because he plays for Bristol and an article on the Scottish Rugby Blog about Scots playing in Gallagher Premiership mentioned he is Scottish Qualified (there were many more including Alex Pleasants, Some lad Onyeama-Christie, Olly Cattell tp name only a few).

I could also add Cameron Henderson and Ollie Smith to my list as they are in the under 20s :-).

You'll have to excuse me though as I'm new to Rugby lol, I've watched 6N since Matt Williams first year but I've only been watching Premiership and Pro 14 for a month so you may think I'm talking crap, whereas in fact, I'm just not up to speed so I'd thank you if you excusd my lack of knowledge of potential stars of the future :-D.

I'd like to sat say though, I like the forum, everyone is so nice, friendly and knowledgeable :-).

Haha sorry, no reason to apologise! Glad to hear you're enjoying your time here :- there's a few grumpy old gits (no naming names but it starts with J and ends in imbo) but there's plenty banter.  Hug

If the Matt Williams era was your first taste of rugby you've shown remarkable commitment to have stuck by it!

Mitch Eadie has just been a bit of a journeyman - solid club player but doesn't look like much more.  He's not the biggest either which, as Matt Fagerson could tell you, makes like difficult at this level.

Most importantly, being from the Highlands do you support Edinburgh or Glasgow?? Choose wisely as this will define how you're treated on here from now on...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Mon 02 Nov 2020, 9:03 am

Eadie will be 29 at the end of this season so unlikely. There was a time when he was on the up and was signed by Leicester (I think?), however he never played for them and has tried to resurrect himself by going back to Bristol.

The next generation is hard to figure out. It is the early-mid-20s guys we have few of thanks to Matt Smith and Lewis Wynne getting marginalised by Rennie. Of those I can think of who are between 21 and 25

Bradbury - 25
Ritchie - 24
Miller - 24
Crosbie - 23
Gordon - 23
Flockhart - 23 (if he is not added to the Rennie casualty list)
M Fagerson - 22

Darge and Boyle turn 21 in Feb by the looks of it. There is potentially Guy Graham at Newcastle (and Tom Marshall who is SQ according to wiki), though I think they might be 21 at best. Not the biggest pool of talent to choose from among those getting professional game time!

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Mon 02 Nov 2020, 9:52 am

Hazel Sapling wrote:Eadie will be 29 at the end of this season so unlikely. There was a time when he was on the up and was signed by Leicester (I think?), however he never played for them and has tried to resurrect himself by going back to Bristol.

The next generation is hard to figure out. It is the early-mid-20s guys we have few of thanks to Matt Smith and Lewis Wynne getting marginalised by Rennie. Of those I can think of who are between 21 and 25

Bradbury - 25
Ritchie - 24
Miller - 24
Crosbie - 23
Gordon - 23
Flockhart - 23 (if he is not added to the Rennie casualty list)
M Fagerson - 22

Darge and Boyle turn 21 in Feb by the looks of it. There is potentially Guy Graham at Newcastle (and Tom Marshall who is SQ according to wiki), though I think they might be 21 at best. Not the biggest pool of talent to choose from among those getting professional game time!

The Graham brothers are a good shout. What has happened to Gary? Guy looks decent too.

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Mon 02 Nov 2020, 10:09 am

Gary Graham is playing a bit judging by some of the random match reports I checked as was Hardie. Gary Graham is 28 though and will have to have a good season in the Premiership/injuries to get a look in.

I suspect Crosbie has got the inside track for an aggressive, big BS who can cover OS.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 02 Nov 2020, 11:36 am

RDW wrote:
Highland Shaun wrote:
RDW wrote:
Highland Shaun wrote:

Haha sorry, no reason to apologise! Glad to hear you're enjoying your time here :- there's a few grumpy old gits (no naming names but it starts with J and ends in imbo) but there's plenty banter.  Hug

If the Matt Williams era was your first taste of rugby you've shown remarkable commitment to have stuck by it!

Mitch Eadie has just been a bit of a journeyman - solid club player but doesn't look like much more.  He's not the biggest either which, as Matt Fagerson could tell you, makes like difficult at this level.

Most importantly, being from the Highlands do you support Edinburgh or Glasgow?? Choose wisely as this will define how you're treated on here from now on...

What Flounder is saying Shaun is "make sure you choose Edinburgh"

And don’t worry about a lack of rugby knowledge, it hasn’t stopped George Carlin from getting involved. Hasn’t stopped me either

Most of us are friendly, just don't pick Jimbo up on his multiple spelling and grammatical errors. It's like telling Donald Trump that he's orange and you'll get "fake news" shouted at you, or worse, Jimbo will write a sonnet about his whimsical days of playing in the backrow but ended up on the wing and now he's Ayr RFC's tactics guru. All done under a failed attempt at using the quote function!

tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Mon 02 Nov 2020, 2:43 pm

tigertattie wrote:
RDW wrote:
Highland Shaun wrote:
RDW wrote:
Highland Shaun wrote:

And don’t worry about a lack of rugby knowledge, it hasn’t stopped George Carlin from getting involved. Hasn’t stopped me either

Most of us are friendly, just don't pick Jimbo up on his multiple spelling and grammatical errors. It's like telling Donald Trump that he's orange and you'll get "fake news" shouted at you, or worse, Jimbo will write a sonnet about his whimsical days of playing in the backrow but ended up on the wing and now he's Ayr RFC's tactics guru. All done under a failed attempt at using the quote function!

I'm just commenting to make the quote chain the biggest it's been for a while on any thread I've visited. Although I do like what Toonie has planned for the Autumn. Have most forgiven him for his sins in 2019 now? I also wonder if it is worth sticking with Lang at 12 for a few more games. A bit of competition there with Johnson could be a good thing.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by Highland Shaun Mon 02 Nov 2020, 5:41 pm

I'm going to disappoint by saying I don't support anybody as I've not been watching long enough but I do have a soft spot for Exeter :-P.

As l ong as I don't get called "stupid" I'm happy lol because that's what I got called on Rugby Rebels for saying that I was disappointed Callum Hunter-Hill was overlooked for the original squad, I then asked what position he played.

Highland Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 02 Nov 2020, 6:23 pm

bsando wrote:
tigertattie wrote:
RDW wrote:
Highland Shaun wrote:
RDW wrote:
Highland Shaun wrote:

I'm just commenting to make the quote chain the biggest it's been for a while on any thread I've visited. Although I do like what Toonie has planned for the Autumn. Have most forgiven him for his sins in 2019 now?   I also wonder if it is worth sticking with Lang at 12 for a few more games. A bit of competition there with Johnson could be a good thing.

Highland Shaun, I'm not convinced you bide in the highlands: we all believed the "Funny" in FES and look how that turned out. If you know nothing about club rugby you'd better watch out you'll be getting a shiny badge to match Flounder's.
Best advice; you don't choose a club it chooses you. Keep watching the Scottish sides and either the exhilaration of running dynamic rugby or the televisual equivalent of an ice cold enema will really speak to your heart. If you love discussing soft furnishings for hours and hours with your partner ( tigertattie does) you're probably a closet Luvvie. Closet Luvvie? No thanks I've only just come out.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 02 Nov 2020, 6:24 pm

AND THE QUOTE FUNCTION WORKED. YE PAMPERED JADES OF THE EAST. oh yeah

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Highland Shaun Mon 02 Nov 2020, 6:44 pm

jimbopip wrote:
bsando wrote:
tigertattie wrote:
RDW wrote:
Highland Shaun wrote:
RDW wrote:
Highland Shaun wrote:

I'm just commenting to make the quote chain the biggest it's been for a while on any thread I've visited. Although I do like what Toonie has planned for the Autumn. Have most forgiven him for his sins in 2019 now?   I also wonder if it is worth sticking with Lang at 12 for a few more games. A bit of competition there with Johnson could be a good thing.

Highland Shaun, I'm not convinced you bide in the highlands: we all believed the "Funny" in FES and look how that turned out. If you know nothing about club rugby you'd better watch out you'll be getting a shiny badge to match Flounder's.
Best advice; you don't choose a club it chooses you. Keep watching the Scottish sides and either the exhilaration of running dynamic rugby or the televisual equivalent of an ice cold enema will really speak to your heart. If you love discussing soft furnishings for hours and hours with your partner ( tigertattie does) you're probably a closet Luvvie. Closet Luvvie? No thanks I've only just come out.

Well you will never know :-P but if I tell you I support a football team managed by John Robertson that play near a bridge on the way out of a City heading North would you believe me :-)?

I would tell you to check my Facebook but I don't think that is a good idea ahahaha.

Highland Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 02 Nov 2020, 6:57 pm

Shaun, my brother lives in Kilarlity. Best not to tell him you're not sure which team to support; he'll have you singing Fields Of Athenry quicker than Fes can make another single parent homeless.

Last edited by jimbopip on Mon 02 Nov 2020, 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : the spirit of tigertattie subverted my spelling.)

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 02 Nov 2020, 7:56 pm

Highland Shaun wrote:
jimbopip wrote:
bsando wrote:
tigertattie wrote:
RDW wrote:
Highland Shaun wrote:
RDW wrote:
Highland Shaun wrote:

Best advice; you don't choose a club  it chooses you. Keep watching the Scottish sides and either the exhilaration of running dynamic rugby or the televisual equivalent of an ice cold enema will really speak to your heart. If you love discussing soft furnishings for hours and hours with your partner ( tigertattie does) you're probably a closet Luvvie. Closet Luvvie? No thanks I've only just come out.

Well you will never know :-P but if I tell you I support a football team managed by John Robertson that play near a bridge on the way out of a City heading North would you believe me :-)?

I would tell you to check my Facebook but I don't think that is a good idea ahahaha.

When did the quote function start to make writing really really tiny?

Also Shaun, no football talk please

Jimbo. I’m welling up with emotion here. Firstly your crack are FES about being funny was, well, funny. I’m also full of pride that you successfully executed the correct use of the quote function. Lastly I’m conflicted at your soft furnishings remark that you imply that I’m a suitable partner material!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 02 Nov 2020, 9:19 pm

jimbopip wrote:Shaun, my brother lives in Kilarlity. Best not to tell him you're not sure which team to support; he'll have you singing Fields Of Athenry quicker than Fes can make another single parent homeless.

Woah these jokes escalated quickly!

Scotland 2020 Internationals  - Page 9 1347041234

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Highland Shaun Mon 02 Nov 2020, 9:23 pm

tigertattie wrote:
Highland Shaun wrote:
jimbopip wrote:
bsando wrote:
tigertattie wrote:
RDW wrote:
Highland Shaun wrote:
RDW wrote:
Highland Shaun wrote:

Best advice; you don't choose a club  it chooses you. Keep watching the Scottish sides and either the exhilaration of running dynamic rugby or the televisual equivalent of an ice cold enema will really speak to your heart. If you love discussing soft furnishings for hours and hours with your partner ( tigertattie does) you're probably a closet Luvvie. Closet Luvvie? No thanks I've only just come out.

Jimbo. I’m welling up with emotion here. Firstly your crack are FES about being funny was, well, funny. I’m also full of pride that you successfully executed the correct use of the quote function. Lastly I’m conflicted at your soft furnishings remark that you imply that I’m a suitable partner material!

Ah OK, my bad ;-) but blame Jim for not believing I'm from Caithness :-P.

I see Darcy Rae has scored, is he still on Townsend's radar Smile. Oh and yay, its my favourite commentary team of Rory and Jim Hamilton :-D.

Highland Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon 02 Nov 2020, 10:26 pm

Does not look like we will be seeing VDW playing for Scotland for a few weeks yet. He has just flown back to SA to get married and will have to do 2 weeks quarantine when he gets back, he will miss a couple of Edinburgh games as well, so we will get to see what Chamberlain is made of i guess.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon 02 Nov 2020, 10:27 pm

I suspect Duncy will start with Hoggy and maybe Lang providing cover from the bench.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Tue 03 Nov 2020, 6:18 am

It'd be silly for Toonie not to play Weir at this point, he plays week in week out at flyhalf in the English premiership so is our best current option really. Never know he could do really well with a decent backline outside him!

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Tue 03 Nov 2020, 9:51 am

I can't wait to see Weir start with that afro. I feel he has some unfinished business with Scotland.

These games are incredibly underwhelming without a crowd so it is a good chance to test depth and let newer additions to the squad adjust and get some game time.

I know Lang has looked a bit blunt in his two showings so far but he is quite stocky and that defensive ability alongside Harris does seem to give Scotland a bit of an advantage. I think with a few more games he may well show some added potential. He doesn't look anonymous when on the field which I think is a good thing for a centre. I also like that he has contributed in two try scoring mauls in both games, nice new tactic that is! it certainly upset the Welsh coaching team.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 03 Nov 2020, 9:59 am

Johnson looked in cracking form for Glasgow last night, played really well.

I don't think we hsve seen ghe ladt of Lang either but more likely we will see SJ come back in.

Lang may bench though and provide FH cover.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 03 Nov 2020, 10:08 am

bsando wrote:I can't wait to see Weir start with that afro. I feel he has some unfinished business with Scotland.

These games are incredibly underwhelming without a crowd so it is a good chance to test depth and let newer additions to the squad adjust and get some game time.

I know Lang has looked a bit blunt in his two showings so far but he is quite stocky and that defensive ability alongside Harris does seem to give Scotland a bit of an advantage. I think with a few more games he may well show some added potential. He doesn't look anonymous when on the field which I think is a good thing for a centre. I also like that he has contributed in two try scoring mauls in both games, nice new tactic that is! it certainly upset the Welsh coaching team.

Watching that game I seemed to recall at least two occasions in the 2nd half where Lang seemed to think tackling was optional and that a far better use of his talents was supervision.

These games are not easy. I watched Joseph, briefly one of the best centres in Europe a few years back, do absolutely nothing for an hour against Italy.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

bsando likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 03 Nov 2020, 10:15 am

Highland Shaun wrote:
tigertattie wrote:
Highland Shaun wrote:
jimbopip wrote:
bsando wrote:
tigertattie wrote:
RDW wrote:
Highland Shaun wrote:
RDW wrote:
Highland Shaun wrote:

I see Darcy Rae has scored, is he still on Townsend's radar Smile.  Oh and yay, its my favourite commentary team of Rory and Jim Hamilton :-D.

Yes yes, always blame jimbo. That’s the spirit Shaun. You’ll fit in well here
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Tue 03 Nov 2020, 10:21 am

This quote function has all gone a bit meta. I keep going cross eyed just opening the thread!

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Tue 03 Nov 2020, 11:46 am

NeilyBroon wrote:
tigertattie wrote:
Highland Shaun wrote:
tigertattie wrote:
Highland Shaun wrote:
jimbopip wrote:
bsando wrote:
tigertattie wrote:
RDW wrote:
Highland Shaun wrote:
RDW wrote:
Highland Shaun wrote:

I see Darcy Rae has scored, is he still on Townsend's radar Smile.  Oh and yay, its my favourite commentary team of Rory and Jim Hamilton :-D.

Yes yes, always blame jimbo. That’s the spirit Shaun. You’ll fit in well here
This quote function has all gone a bit meta. I keep going cross eyed just opening the thread!

At least people have figured out how to use it properly

Gooseberry

NeilyBroon and No 7&1/2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Highland Shaun Tue 03 Nov 2020, 1:04 pm

We're all supporting New Zealand this weekend, right ;-)?

If they do in fact win then we overtake Australia to go 6th in rankings :-D.

And to think most fans wanted Gregor sacked after the world cup, or still doubt him!

Highland Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 03 Nov 2020, 9:19 pm

Now that I live in Australia I have started supporting them, but it seems awfully familiar to the dark days of supporting Scotland just now!

It is tough for them though - any team would struggle playing 4 tests in a row against the ABs just now, never mind a team having to massively rebuild.

But yes - 'mon the All Blacks Alas it won't make any difference as the seeding for the WC was set in stone earlier in the year when we were 9th, so we're in the 3rd pot. Conversely, Wales are top seeds despite their bad run of games this year meaning they are now below us. Them's the breaks! By the time the RWC comes along I'm sure it will all be changed again.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 03 Nov 2020, 9:51 pm

Gregor is a good coach. You would need more time to make a difference with Scotland (no offence! #dontflameme), and I think they need at least one more pro team - which might just be a dream at this point. I think another pro team could work as there seems to be enough players right now. And Cockers showed us the benefits of brining in South Africans.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next