The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yet another mass shooting in America

+14
Duty281
Mind the windows Tino.
superflyweight
Galted
Soul Requiem
JuliusHMarx
the-goon2
navyblueshorts
dummy_half
lostinwales
No name Bertie
TRUSSMAN66
Samo
mountain man
18 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Yet another mass shooting in America - Page 9 Empty Yet another mass shooting in America

Post by mountain man Mon 10 Apr 2023, 4:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

The USA, home of the free and land of the deranged mass shooter.

No doubt usual vigils, well meaning words, heart felt condolences etc given out but ultimately naff all be done to alleviate the scourge of gun crime.
What's the NRA line, only way to deal with this is to arm more people?

Yep that's really working out fine and dandy....

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Yet another mass shooting in America - Page 9 Empty Re: Yet another mass shooting in America

Post by mountain man Sun 22 Sep 2024, 9:43 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cx2k9gl6g49o

Another, yet another.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Yet another mass shooting in America - Page 9 Empty Re: Yet another mass shooting in America

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 23 Sep 2024, 10:37 am

mountain man wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cx2k9gl6g49o

Another, yet another.
Yep, and I'm sure the suggested solution will be that not enough people have guns to 'protect themselves'.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

mountain man likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Mon 23 Sep 2024, 1:01 pm

Thoughts and Prayers.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 23 Sep 2024, 4:26 pm

Actually, I think it's a bit of a scandal that your average run of the mill American citizen isn't allowed free access to all military grade weapons and ordnance. Including nukes.

Surely the Second Amendment makes it clear that this should be the case? I'm amazed the increasingly morally bankrupt US Supreme Court hasn't ruled that this should be so....
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 26 Sep 2024, 12:29 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:Actually, I think it's a bit of a scandal that your average run of the mill American citizen isn't allowed free access to all military grade weapons and ordnance. Including nukes.

Surely the Second Amendment makes it clear that this should be the case? I'm amazed the increasingly morally bankrupt US Supreme Court hasn't ruled that this should be so....

The second amendment was designed to avoid a potential military takeover and thus safeguarding the republic....

None of the founding fathers could have foreseen the situation 250 years later.....People were using muskets and bayonets in the war that saw Britain spanked.....

Maybe they were naive, maybe not. but the second amendment was brought in for all the right and noble reasons and with freedom of religion, speech etc it's an important part of history and the fabric of the Country and isn't going anywhere.

You're full of whinging and no solutions....Should we ask the bad guys nicely if they would hand their guns over ??? Maybe we could say pretty please.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 01 Oct 2024, 11:31 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:Actually, I think it's a bit of a scandal that your average run of the mill American citizen isn't allowed free access to all military grade weapons and ordnance. Including nukes.

The second amendment was designed to avoid a potential military takeover and thus safeguarding the republic....

None of the founding fathers could have foreseen the situation 250 years later.....People were using muskets and bayonets in the war that saw Britain spanked.....

Maybe they were naive, maybe not. but the second amendment was brought in for all the right and noble reasons and with freedom of religion, speech etc it's an important part of history and the fabric of the Country and isn't going anywhere.

You're full of whinging and no solutions....Should we ask the bad guys nicely if they would hand their guns over ??? Maybe we could say pretty please.

"bad guys" with guns tend to only use them on other "bad guys" with guns, Most mass shootings are committed by seemingly ordinary people with no prior convictions who struggle mentally.

Stricter gun control wont suddenly stop all gun crime, but it will certainly reduce the number of preventable crimes, like Sandy Hook or the Las Vegas shooting.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 08 Oct 2024, 12:28 pm

Samo wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

"bad guys" with guns tend to only use them on other "bad guys" with guns,  Most mass shootings are committed by seemingly ordinary people with no prior convictions who struggle mentally.

Stricter gun control wont suddenly stop all gun crime, but it will certainly reduce the number of preventable crimes, like Sandy Hook or the Las Vegas shooting.

Mass shootings like Sandy Hook as abhorrent as they are account for a rain drop in the 50,000 deaths by firearm a year...They are horrific because they aren't the norm hence the outrage...My interest is in keeping the crimes down as a whole down......We don't necessarily disagree on the assault rifle bit but one has to remember that the mandated ban on Assault rifles in the 90s/00s found it had no impact on crime and hundreds of thousands of Americans already own arms in that category and won't think a couple of incidents of loonies killing kids is reason to give back.

Any attempt on the 2nd Amendment will probably cause more problems than they solve...Especially in Apple pie country where people still hate the North for 1865...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Yesterday at 2:42 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

I thought the Founding Fathers were all-seeing? Certainly, that seems to be what the mental pipsqueaks on the right of the Supreme Court appear to think.

That Amendment might have been honourable in intention, but that doesn't excuse the morons in modern day U.S.A. and their demonstrably cretinous use of that Amendment to defend any level of martial depravity. Fine to say it's going nowhere, I'll just get the popcorn in and watch the bodies pile up. Well done.

The solution is easy. Have the stones to re-visit that Amendment and/or whatever other parts of the Constitution need looking at. In other words, grow the **** up. Also, that backward Nation could also actually reference the 2nd properly (my highlight): “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed”. Most of the bellends with small d***s compensating by carrying a firearm are demonstrably not, nor have ever been, part of any "..well-regulated Militia...".
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9