The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rest of the World

+17
GSC
Pal Joey
guildfordbat
Galted
Oakdene
kingraf
JDizzle
Lowlandbrit
eirebilly_01
VTR
Soul Requiem
alfie
king_carlos
Good Golly I'm Olly
Duty281
KP_fan
msp83
21 posters

Page 22 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22

Go down

Rest of the World - Page 22 Empty Rest of the World

Post by msp83 Wed 12 Jul 2023, 12:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

KP_fan wrote:
msp83 wrote:So India is getting back on the field tonight, kicking off their WTC campaign. Rohit has already confirmed Jaiswal will open, and Gill drop down to 3. When all the talk of Yashasvi taking over from Pujara at 3 was going on, I felt he should open, particularly since the team views Gill as the eventual successor to Virat Kohli at 4. Going forward, I see a top 4 of Jaiswal, Abhimanyu Easwaran/Devdutt Padikkal/Rohan Kunnummal, Gill, Ruturaj Gaikwad.

Eswaran has been hard done by......Jaiswal was jumped over him
Mayank Agarwal should not be ruled out...he has batted very well in FC and has a decent test match showing also.

And don't forget the favorite boy of seniors and BCCI in KL Rahul...as soon as he is fit he will walk back into the 11
Its been tough on Easwaran. Think Mayank and KL might find it difficult to now fight their way back in. Particularly if Yashasvi has a good start to his career. KL might still make a comeback when Rohit leaves, but I hope Easwaran, Rohan and even Padikkal will make better cases for themselves.
As for Yashasvi jumping over Abhimanyu, though its tough on the latter, think is the right call. Jaiswal scored hundreds on his Ranji, Duleep and Irani trophy debuts. He's versatile and has shown adaptability as indicated by his IPL success. And, its not much noted these days, but he's a handy parttimer with the ball, he very much was for the U-19s, hope he'll get a few chances right away to work on that secondary skill of his...

msp83

Back to top Go down

Rest of the World - Page 22 Empty Re: Rest of the World

Post by KP_fan Mon 14 Oct 2024, 3:05 pm

On the anticipated Border-Gavaskar Trophy

It's clear Smith will go back to No. 4 and Aussies are reportedly looking at a brilliant new 19 year old named Sam Konstans  to open who has been thrown in Aus A squad also with Bancroft and Marcus Harris.
Cameron Green is out for a year which seals Mitch Marsh's spot  & allows Aus selectors to have a look at one of many all rounder  they have....Beau Webster who has plenty of  FC experience and appears like late Andrew Symonds type all-rounder..is the latest they are trying in the A test match
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Mon 14 Oct 2024, 8:43 pm

After lengthy consultations with Cricket Australia medical staff over the past two weeks following the initial injury in the UK on September 24, Green is set to follow the same path that Jason Behrendorff, James Pattinson, Ben Dwarshuis and New Zealand quicks Shane Bond and Matt Henry have taken by having screws and a titanium cable fused into his lower back to stabilise the stress fracture and prevent future occurrences.

That's one career that is facing a serious set-back even before it really took off....opens opportunity for Hardy & Webster if Marsh cannot bowl

Meanwhile, Beau Webster was the undisputed player of the Sheffield Shield last summer, accumulating 938 runs at 58.62 and 30 wickets at 29.30.
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Yesterday at 5:57 am

KP_fan wrote:On the anticipated Border-Gavaskar Trophy

It's clear Smith will go back to No. 4 and Aussies are reportedly looking at a brilliant new 19 year old named Sam Konstans  to open who has been thrown in Aus A squad also with Bancroft and Marcus Harris.
Cameron Green is out for a year which seals Mitch Marsh's spot  & allows Aus selectors to have a look at one of many all rounder  they have....Beau Webster who has plenty of  FC experience and appears like late Andrew Symonds type all-rounder..is the latest they are trying in the A test match

Lot of fuss around this new lad - and he's been making some impressive runs. But my feeling is they are more likely to go with Bancroft or Harris , at least for a start.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Yesterday at 9:56 pm

Three test series between India and NZ starts tomorrow in the early hours. NZ aiming to come back from the hammering in SL, but it's an Everest like task in front of them.

First test has a lot of rain forecast. So much rain in fact that the draw is an odds-on favourite.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22