The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6CWF Chat V2

+17
Good Golly I'm Olly
Enforcer
DarrenJS
gazzyD
BlueDragon1205
DP
JJJohnson
acer101
Marky
x12x
Uryu Ishida
President Trump
Beer
Former TAW Champion
Steel
Bentyf1
DanielReilly
21 posters

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

6CWF Chat V2 - Page 16 Empty 6CWF Chat V2

Post by DanielReilly Tue 20 Feb 2024, 1:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

Beer wrote:Daniel, i've popped a retort up, tried to gauge where CJ is by going through recent shows so hopefully its on a par with what JJ has. Feel free to respond, or just walk past CJ and laugh.

Cracking reply mate! Will aim to get something up tonight after work or possibly tomorrow 👍🏻

DanielReilly

Beer likes this post

Back to top Go down

6CWF Chat V2 - Page 16 Empty Re: 6CWF Chat V2

Post by gazzyD Tue 28 May 2024, 7:02 pm

Nice. Where did you go Liam?

gazzyD

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 28 May 2024, 7:13 pm

Inappropriate Percy Percival promo up just in time for the show Laugh

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Tue 28 May 2024, 8:55 pm

gazzyD wrote:Nice. Where did you go Liam?

we went to a cottage in the middle of nowhere (Corwen in Wales), it was amazing and we had a great time but if i can go a while without seeing alcohol that would be pretty amazing. I have today and tomorrow to get rid of my hangover before I have to go back to work [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

x12x

gazzyD likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Tue 28 May 2024, 10:17 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Results are up lads. PMs are open. So much to digest and a lot going on so drop me a line to discuss because I probably need to refresh my own mind Laugh

New card first thing tomorrow morning.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Wed 29 May 2024, 8:44 am

New card!!!

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

gazzyD and Bentyf1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DP Wed 29 May 2024, 11:38 am

Quiet week for me! Laugh

DP

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Wed 29 May 2024, 12:02 pm

DP wrote:Quiet week for me! Laugh

No such thing on one of my shows, good sir Laugh

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

DP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DP Wed 29 May 2024, 12:09 pm

DP wrote:Afternoon.

Excellent!

DP

Marky likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Wed 29 May 2024, 4:44 pm

Awesome show and tasty looking new card, will get something up tonight as I'm not around the next week.flying to Montenegro for a week's stag doo.

Steel

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueDragon1205 Wed 29 May 2024, 9:11 pm

Little.promo up
BlueDragon1205
BlueDragon1205

Back to top Go down

Post by Bentyf1 Thu 30 May 2024, 6:51 am

Good morning Krusty crew!

Unreal, 11 promos already and they’re pretty badass, excellent job so far boys, looking forward to getting onto the dancefloor myself!

Bentyf1

JJJohnson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gazzyD Thu 30 May 2024, 10:50 am

Morning one and all

Anybody catch AEW show at the weekend? Why did Adam Copeland try and land on his feet after jumping from the top of a steel cage haha, casually seeing the rest of the match with a fractured shin

gazzyD

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Thu 30 May 2024, 11:09 am

gazzyD wrote:Morning one and all

Anybody catch AEW show at the weekend? Why did Adam Copeland try and land on his feet after jumping from the top of a steel cage haha, casually seeing the rest of the match with a fractured shin

Saw the clip, Gaz, and thought it was absolutely ridiculous.

Know I’m in the minority here but AEW just isn’t for me. I was excited when it started and was hoping for something in the same mould as our e-fed Laugh but in the main I find it far too spot-fest heavy with no appreciation of how to sell moves. And overall their ‘storylines’ are very sub par.

Not saying WWE is much better but when they nail a storyline, like ‘The Bloodline’ for example, there is absolutely oceans between the companies.

As I say I’m in the minority and I think wrestling is very much about what you like. I prefer a deep story to get me invested rather than every week having them try to outdo themselves and pull out bigger and better moves. Spoils the payoff.

I’m officially old Laugh

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gazzyD Thu 30 May 2024, 11:37 am

I tend to agree if I'm honest. I think thats the general consensus across the board with attendances and ratings dropping. I hope they turn it around as theres some talent there, but need to wind all the daft spots in a bit. Rey Fenix broke his leg the other year too in a bit of an unnecessary spot if I recall.

Spot on about the stories. Thats what keeps you going back for more and AEW lacks there. They got a bit of bad luck with the injuries to Adam Cole and MJF needing time off as that was their big story arc coming out of 2023, but need more than one enticing storyline to keep people hooked wereas WWE currently have a number I find myself tuning in each week to watch how they play out

Also speaking of the wrestling at the weekend, I haven't seen the Saudi show, however did see the Logan Paul spot. Hands down some of the coolest camera work I've seen

gazzyD

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Thu 30 May 2024, 11:58 am

I’m a big fan of lots of the talent on the AEW roster but I think that’s another issue they have, there’s just so many of them. Having a 12-14 match PPV every month is overkill but they need to showcase so many people at once that it becomes unmanageable.

Penta is a big one for me. He was a killer in TNA & Lucha Underground but he’s just lost in the mix. PAC is another one. To be honest there’s so many I’ve lost count. I’ve really tried to give them a chance but I find it hard to finish a show. The pacing is always way off as well. I know others love it but I’d give it a A* for potential and C/D for actually delivery.

Watched the Saudi show and it was decent. Nothing more and nothing less. But they really know how to make something feel like a big deal. Can’t stand Logan Paul but every match is good quality and the camera work was sensational. That alone can make a huge difference, production quality.

Punk/McIntrye, the Chad Gable heel turn, Just Gunther in general. And even then I don’t watch WWE week in and week out but I find it more engaging when I do.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DP Thu 30 May 2024, 12:03 pm

AEW is so clusterf*ck for me. Its such a shame.

I think MJF is the dogs knackers though, I find him to be so entertaining that it highlights the pitfalls that bit more.

I also can't stand the Young Bucks, just feels like a massive vanity project whenever they are on screen

DP

Back to top Go down

Post by Bentyf1 Thu 30 May 2024, 12:06 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bentyf1

gazzyD likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gazzyD Thu 30 May 2024, 12:27 pm

JJJohnson wrote:I’m a big fan of lots of the talent on the AEW roster but I think that’s another issue they have, there’s just so many of them. Having a 12-14 match PPV every month is overkill but they need to showcase so many people at once that it becomes unmanageable.

Penta is a big one for me. He was a killer in TNA & Lucha Underground but he’s just lost in the mix. PAC is another one. To be honest there’s so many I’ve lost count. I’ve really tried to give them a chance but I find it hard to finish a show. The pacing is always way off as well. I know others love it but I’d give it a A* for potential and C/D for actually delivery.

Watched the Saudi show and it was decent. Nothing more and nothing less. But they really know how to make something feel like a big deal. Can’t stand Logan Paul but every match is good quality and the camera work was sensational. That alone can make a huge difference, production quality.

Punk/McIntrye, the Chad Gable heel turn, Just Gunther in general. And even then I don’t watch WWE week in and week out but I find it more engaging when I do.

Penta and death triangle had a massive push in the tag division, he seems to get penalised though due to how frequent Fenix and Pac pick up injuries

Logan Paul is superb. Like he plays the heel really well because hes just himself (a smug pr!ck), but the way hes taken to the business in the ring is really impressive

Yeah there's so much to keep an eye on, can throw the Wyatt 6 in there soo enough too when they finally debut

gazzyD

Back to top Go down

Post by gazzyD Thu 30 May 2024, 12:30 pm

DP wrote:AEW is so clusterf*ck for me. Its such a shame.

I think MJF is the dogs knackers though, I find him to be so entertaining that it highlights the pitfalls that bit more.

I also can't stand the Young Bucks, just feels like a massive vanity project whenever they are on screen

MJF is great isn't he. I've reactivated my fite subscription purely because he's back so hopefully becomes a better show with him there

Haha the Bucks are irritating aren't they, but I do enjoy some of their matches. There cage match for the tag titles against Lucha Bros and their matches with FTR have been excellent viewing

gazzyD

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Thu 30 May 2024, 4:17 pm

Reilly - I'm back at work on Monday mate so I'll be around all week to go back and forth with you pal. Looking forward to responding.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

DanielReilly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DanielReilly Thu 30 May 2024, 4:48 pm

JJJohnson wrote:Reilly - I'm back at work on Monday mate so I'll be around all week to go back and forth with you pal. Looking forward to responding.

Brilliant mate, I’m more then happy for a bit of back and forth so will await your response next week 😁👍🏻

DanielReilly

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueDragon1205 Thu 30 May 2024, 5:13 pm

For me, there's certain people who are there to be hated. Logan Paul is one of those as are the Bucks. Id even class the likes of Miz and Jericho in that bracket. All of them can have a good to great match with anyone on either roster. All of them good for their own company and they get people talking. Only now I realise that I'm classing Logan Paul in with future hall of farmers from both companies and somehow it doesn't seem ridiculous, tells you alot about what hes done on recent years to make us for his controversial past.

I'm a huge fan of WWE, and have been for well over 30 years. I've followed them through thick and thin and I can honestly say I've never, not had my eye on the product. They tell stories like no other wrestling fed out there and have possibly the most well rounded roster in the world. I understand that the inring action is arguably what the main focus should be on. But they say it themselves, they create moments, they tell stories. That is their man focus. But it really does say alot about a company when they can, in one night, take Roman Reins, Seth Rollins and The Rock away from TV. At the same time they have Stars like Charlotte Flair and Alexa Bliss out of action and still not even feeling the void on the shows.

AEW on the other hand has arguably too much of the top talent in the world, they have a pretty much non stop lost of top guys available to them and yet somehow the main event always seems lacking to me. Not in terms of in ring action because they have always delivered on that point, they also create moments. Usually more in the mat h itself and I hats why.people see the company as a spotfest factory, I'd argue that are are now, where WWE where a few years ago, with tony starting to emulate Vince in his constant meddling and changing things last minute, if the internet rumours are anything to go by. The fact we are seeing talllwnt let their contracts come to.an end seems to say alot. They have alot there with potential, in terms of talent and possible storylines to play off but they seem obsessed with active competition with WWE rather than worrying about making their own machine working smoothly, I would argue that Tony is too much of a fan to be making these decisions and I hope that he's starting to surround himself with people who can make these decisions with him rather than the yes men that Vince employed to feed his out of control ego.

I'm intrigued by the recent WWE/TNA alliance and where this could possibly go in terms of giving people an alternate route into WWE and WWE guys having a place to go if they get stale on WWE TV.

Sorry for the long post haha...
BlueDragon1205
BlueDragon1205

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Thu 30 May 2024, 9:11 pm

QOTD: If your wrestler had merchandise...what would it look like?

feel free to answer on the new 6CWF store thread and check out the two I've made already for Liam Wood and Rex Adamson...when I have free time I'll be making merch for anyone else who requests it

x12x

gazzyD likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu 30 May 2024, 9:47 pm

I love wrestling factions and tournaments so AEW is made for me haha.

I just like wrestling me. If it's on I'll watch it.

See my favourite thing in WWE has been the Fiend stuff. Eating up the Uncle Howdy videos. That's good s**t! Lol

Maybe I'm easily pleased but wrestling is just fun so give me it all

Lee

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Lee-Killeen-Portfolio/4127373

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueDragon1205 Thu 30 May 2024, 9:56 pm

Yeah I'm not being tribal I don't think, I just think that they both have their ups and downs. At this minute though I'm really worrying for the AEW locker room as it deffo seems like there's something going on there. Call it intuition but I feel like there's something big about to happen or come out. I love AEWs roster, it's just such a shame that there's not more room for more wrestlers on TV every week, we already have about 35 hours of wrestling a week between WWE, AEW and TNA and that's without even taking into a count the other smaller feds.

The fiend stuff was amazing, I was so gutted not only when Wyndham passed but also just when he initially went off TV, it had the potential to become the next undertaker and kane level character and storyline. Right up my alley, but the Uncle Howdy stuff, I'm very excited for it, I just hope it's not a flop after all this build up and good intentions. I'm just so happy that Vince hasn't got his grubby hands on Brays legacy, god only knows what he would do with it.
BlueDragon1205
BlueDragon1205

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu 30 May 2024, 10:09 pm

I dunno about that. But I think they're thinning out the older guys who've been there a while as he's brought in top tier guys like Ospreay and Moné and i think they're gonna build on them going forward.

Lee

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Lee-Killeen-Portfolio/4127373

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueDragon1205 Thu 30 May 2024, 10:16 pm

Lee wrote:he's brought in top tier guys like Ospreay and Moné and i think they're gonna build on them going forward.

Hopefully.

What do you guys think is going on with WWE and TNA?
BlueDragon1205
BlueDragon1205

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Fri 31 May 2024, 4:07 pm

promo up Smile hope you all like it.

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by Bentyf1 Sat 01 Jun 2024, 2:05 pm

Afternoon Krusty crew! Hope everyone is good? 

Bit of an ass week but we move, will try and promo either today or tomorrow. SUNDAY PROMO F U CK!

Cool 6CWF store idea, Liam and excellent promos from all as per usual. A grand standard 

Also, is 6CWF showing solidarity for pride month?

Bentyf1

x12x likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Mon 03 Jun 2024, 10:28 am

Do not ask me what happened with the forum this morning because it scrambled my brain Laugh

I had to rejig the whole thing and basically copy our forum to get it kickstarted.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Mon 03 Jun 2024, 10:30 am

Apparently the promo thread is still acting up Laugh

I will look into it

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Mon 03 Jun 2024, 10:31 am

JJJohnson wrote:Apparently the promo thread is still acting up Laugh

I will look into it

at last, a promo thread i didn't kill with my awful skill! :P

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Mon 03 Jun 2024, 10:32 am

No I promoed this morning and killed it Laugh

Didn't even say anything bad Laugh

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Mon 03 Jun 2024, 10:33 am

JJJohnson wrote:No I promoed this morning and killed it Laugh

"we coming for you N..." springs to mind... ( in the promo, if i wasnt being clear)

edit: if you don't know the promo...then where have you been? look up Booker T Hulk Hogan

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 03 Jun 2024, 10:51 am

Uryu Ishida wrote:
JJJohnson wrote:No I promoed this morning and killed it Laugh

"we coming for you N..." springs to mind... ( in the promo, if i wasnt being clear)

edit: if you don't know the promo...then where have you been? look up Booker T Hulk Hogan

I've heard a rumour

That apparently if you have to explain your jokes, you haven't succeeded at comedy

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Mon 03 Jun 2024, 11:14 am

Lads I think the promo thread might be knackered Laugh

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Mon 03 Jun 2024, 11:15 am

JJJohnson wrote:Lads I think the promo thread might be knackered Laugh

So Hogan came for you then...

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Mon 03 Jun 2024, 11:18 am

I'm completely lost as to what the problem is. It just doesn't make any sense.

I did write a comment on here to Ed telling him there'd be no "pride" s*** in the upcoming show but surely that can't be the reason Laugh

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Mon 03 Jun 2024, 11:31 am

And I replied to Reilly....absolute bulls**** Laugh

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Mon 03 Jun 2024, 11:33 am

Second version of the promo thread. Sorry to all those we have lost RIP

Reilly - I will try and get a new response up mate sometime today, gutted because I was happy with my bloody promo this morning.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DanielReilly Mon 03 Jun 2024, 11:46 am

JJJohnson wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Reilly - I will try and get a new response up mate sometime today, gutted because I was happy with my bloody promo this morning.

No rush mate! I’ve had laptops freeze on me towards the end of writing up a promo and I know you lose a lot of motivation out of frustration 😂

DanielReilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Bentyf1 Mon 03 Jun 2024, 11:56 am

Morning fellas, hope everyone is okay.

Saw the promo thread had a charity do, dang. OneDrive will save us all! Will get something up today, the weekend was a bit crazy. Apologies brothers

Bentyf1

Back to top Go down

Post by Bentyf1 Mon 03 Jun 2024, 11:57 am

Steve, JJ is pretty based I think. Get those rainbow ropes up brother!

Bentyf1

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 03 Jun 2024, 12:03 pm

JJJohnson wrote:I'm completely lost as to what the problem is. It just doesn't make any sense.

I did write a comment on here to Ed telling him there'd be no "pride" s*** in the upcoming show but surely that can't be the reason Laugh

Has Percy Percival gotten us cancelled already?

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon 03 Jun 2024, 12:17 pm

JJJohnson wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That's a shame as I felt like Marky and I had a pretty good back and forth, hopefully we can recover it as I probably won't have time to promo for either character.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Mon 03 Jun 2024, 12:29 pm

I think I can get everyone's promos back. Gonna go through all your comments in your profiles and recover them that way.

Response up Daniel OK

Also wasn't trying to come across all EDL and River Ace Laugh just not into the whole sham of what a worthwhile movement has become and so won't be including in the show. No rainbow ropes Laugh

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Bentyf1 and DanielReilly like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon 03 Jun 2024, 12:32 pm

JJJohnson wrote:I think I can get everyone's promos back. Gonna go through all your comments in your profiles and recover them that way.

Response up Daniel OK

Also wasn't trying to come across all EDL and River Ace Laugh just not into the whole sham of what a worthwhile movement has become and so won't be including in the show. No rainbow ropes Laugh

Yeah I dislike parts of Pride because it's basically companies doing the bare minimum to sell more merch while pretending they care but you'll notice that the logos will change in most countries but not where being LGBTQIA+ is illegal...so it's all very performative and very transparent what they're trying to do with it. I'm obviously doing the 6CWF merch 'store' at the moment and I never considered even making a rainbow version of the logo...even though that's something the company probably would do if it was real [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

x12x

Marky likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DanielReilly Mon 03 Jun 2024, 12:39 pm

JJJohnson wrote:I think I can get everyone's promos back. Gonna go through all your comments in your profiles and recover them that way.

Response up Daniel OK

Just had a read mate, you’ve still got it! 😂 will have something up in next few hours 👍🏻

DanielReilly

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon 03 Jun 2024, 3:33 pm

Original thread seems to be working now for promos

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Mon 03 Jun 2024, 5:08 pm

Ah that's good news.

Transferred mine and Dan's promos over to the old thread. Quality response mate, I'll retort either tonight or in the morning OK

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

DanielReilly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next