The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland Autumn Fixtures

+18
demosthenes
Mcsweens
tigertattie
George Carlin
jimbopip
EWT Spoons
funnyExiledScot
TJ
Tramptastic
RDW
Anglobraveheart
BigGee
Highland Shaun
mikey_dragon
Hazel Sapling
doctor_grey
NeilyBroon
bsando
22 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Scotland Autumn Fixtures  - Page 7 Empty Scotland Autumn Fixtures

Post by bsando Sat 06 Apr 2024, 1:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

Scotland Autumn 2024 Fixtures

Moving on from the Summer development tour, here are this years AI fixtures which will include a Scotland A vs Chile fixture on the final weekend. Plenty to be excited about as the new club season begins this weekend and depth is steadily improving.

Week 1
Scotland v Fiji
Scottish Gas Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh
Saturday 2nd November 2024
Kick-off: 5:40pm

Week 2
Scotland v South Africa
Sunday 10th November 2024
Kick-off: 4:10pm

Week 3
Scotland v Portugal
Saturday 16th November 2024
Kick-off: 3:10pm

Week 4
Scotland A vs Chile
Hive Stadium Edinburgh
Saturday 23rd November 2024
Kick-off: 6:00pm

Scotland v Australia
Sunday 24th November 2024
Kick-off: 1:40pm

Last edited by bsando on Wed 18 Sep 2024, 7:02 pm; edited 2 times in total

bsando

Back to top Go down

Scotland Autumn Fixtures  - Page 7 Empty Re: Scotland Autumn Fixtures

Post by bsando Sun 13 Oct 2024, 9:41 pm

Yes that’s a massive loss. Yes there are excellent players who can step in but for most fans he was probably starting for Scotland at openside. Hope he can recover strongly and it’s not as bad as it looks

For the AI’s I’d probably say Fagerson, Darge, Dempsey is the go to back row with Ritchie or Ferrie benching. Plenty of rotation seems likely given the diverse opposition this autumn. It’s shaping up to be an interesting squad announcement.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 13 Oct 2024, 9:44 pm

You'd imagine he'll bring a few of the promising youngsters into the squad as well and we will maybe see them, particularly against Portugal.

Ferrie, Brown and Muncaster have all been playing really well so far this season.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Highland Shaun Sun 13 Oct 2024, 11:25 pm

Rugby Fan wrote:Is Townsend looking at Dan Lancaster, as some media reports suggest? Playing in France, there's no option for England, so he'd be an easy player to capture. There's just the minor issue of whether he's any good.

I'd imagine this will be a legit rumour because it's been widely reported that the SRU blokes are "looking at every SQ player" so if Gregor has been alerted to the fact Dan Lancaster is SQ then he will, of course be in the thoughts of GT.

FWIW, I would certainly like to see him get a shot because if you play for Racing 92 then you must be a good player. However he's going to be behind Finn Russell, Adam Hastings, Tom Jordan, Ross Thompson, Ben Healy and Fergus Burke (that's the order I'd have the FHs in) so he may not be worth pursuing if that's the case.  

It's inevitable that Tom Jordan is going to get picked for the Autumn series squad, maybe Dan will be the bolter, one of a few I'd imagine 😛.

As I asked previously, any idea when squad is announced 😀, I'd imagine this week or next 🤷?

Highland Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Mon 14 Oct 2024, 1:30 pm

I should have checked here before saying about Christie's injury in the club thread. Gutted for him though he is in the awkward spot of being utility back-row at a moment of strength for Scotland.

Dan Lancaster is being played at 12 and has been...servicible. He is starting over some big names and it has been seen as favouritism from his Dad. He is nowhere near good enough to be an international at present.

We have the Portugal and the A game against Chile to experiment but I would expect Russell - S Tuipulotu to get the SA and Australia starts, Hastings - S Tuipulotu the nod against Fiji, Jordan - McDowall against Portugal and Thompson - Redpath against Chile.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Wed 16 Oct 2024, 6:34 am

I’d be surprised to see redpath in the A side vs Chile but he has been injured and is only just back starting for Bath. Currie, tuipulotu jr even perhaps? Players who are on the fringes rather than seasoned internationals should make up the bulk of the A side. I’m assuming it won’t count as a capped game? actually, didn’t world rugby alter the rules several years back to prevent nations locking in players without giving them a "real" cap? Steven Shingler debacle comes to mind..

Are there many promising young centres at Glasgow behind huwipulotu, Staff, Jordan etc? There’s depth now but come post 2027 we may need some new blood.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 16 Oct 2024, 11:58 am

No Fergus Burke in the England squad just announced.

That seemingly makes it more likely he will come our way, though we are not badly off for FHs ourselves. I still suspect that Tom Jordan is more a 10/12 option rather than an out and out FH. Which would maybe still make room for FB.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Wed 16 Oct 2024, 1:06 pm

BigGee wrote:
Rugby Fan wrote:Is Townsend looking at Dan Lancaster, as some media reports suggest? Playing in France, there's no option for England, so he'd be an easy player to capture. There's just the minor issue of whether he's any good.

Dan Lancaster has been mentioned before and he seems to be playing regularly for Racing now, though as you suggest, that maybe purely because his dad is picking him.

Fortunately our FH situation is not at all bad atm.

Russell remains our first pick at FH.

After him comes Hastings, soon to be joined by Tom Jordan when he qualifies this November.

Healey has had a woefully start to the season and has even been dropped by Edinburgh for now, so hard to see him making the current squad.

Thompson looks a steady option but has not set the Heather on fire yet but probably above Healey on current form.

Then there is Fergus Burke, who is rumored to have choosen Scotland as his international preference. I will put him into the bolsters category and add Lancaster as well.

Can anyone explain why haircut is held in such high regard? I just don't see it. too slow of thought and gets caught in possession too much and makes too many mistakes. Ok the injuries and lack of playing time have not helped him but for me he needs to show a lot more than he has done to be considered Finns understudy. I'd rather have thompson. Healy is a huge disappointment and there is a huge gulf between Dancer and the rest but I just do not see haircut as standing out from the rest at all??????/

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Highland Shaun Yesterday at 12:03 am

I'm not going to predict what the squad will be because I'm not very good at that 🤣 but I will say that I'd be amazed if Tom Jordan isn't included 🙄🙄. I'd also say that there is likely to be bolters in the squad (I can't say who though ) 😛.

Highland Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Yesterday at 8:18 am

Hastings looked good when he came back from injury for Gloucester, then subsequently got injured again. Not sure how his form with Glasgow has been so far but it’s good to have both him and Jordan available. If Burke is called up then I’d expect a battle between himself and Hastings with Jordan preferred at inside centre for Portugal, benching other games. Surely squad must be coming soon?

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Yesterday at 8:27 am

I think it is announced early next week.

We will probably get a few teasers from the in the know journos over the weekend!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

bsando likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Highland Shaun Yesterday at 11:11 pm

I read in The Scotsman at the start of the week that it's Wednesday at some point 🙂.

Over on Rugby Rebels, one of the mods is stating that journalists believe Fergus Burke is getting called up but if he is and TJ isn't then I'll be raging because Jordan deserves called up 😡.

Highland Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7