The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joyce v Chisora - dear oh dear..

+2
Mochyn du
TRUSSMAN66
6 posters

Go down

Joyce v Chisora - dear oh dear.. Empty Joyce v Chisora - dear oh dear..

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 23 May 2024, 12:28 pm

Two losers who are both looking at the early onset of dementia.........Joyce a guy who defends with his face and has lost his last two meaningful fights to a slow motion stiff that lost to stinky-Parker last time out......The other guy a danger to himself who has lost to most able Heavyweights that carry a licence.....

Prize for the winner ???.....Zilcho...

Shouldn't be happening.....Dangerous fight.......Sad state of affairs.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Joyce v Chisora - dear oh dear.. Empty Re: Joyce v Chisora - dear oh dear..

Post by Mochyn du Thu 23 May 2024, 2:49 pm

Chisora is probably the richest gatekeeper in boxing history. I do admire him though as his head must be mostly skull and very little brain. That is the only way I can understand how he’s been able to take so much punishment and keep coming back.

As for Joyce, I only see a basic, slow, upright boxer who can take a punch and presumably give one. Nothing special there.

Mochyn du

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 27 Jul 2024, 11:41 pm

Chisora somehow won in a brawl. I'm not sure how he stayed standing for the final six minutes, but he did.

Time for Joyce to retire. He's gone life and death and lost to 40 year old Chisora.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 28 Jul 2024, 1:15 pm

They said on the feed that Chisora wants to get to 50 fights. One at the MEN, and then one in his native Zimbabwe. You'd think the Zimbabwe fight would be a gimme (although I'm not sure of the economic viability of a fight in Zimbabwe, like at all), but you have to wonder who on earth he will dig up for his Manchester swansong. Maybe Hrgovich, or the loser of DuBois/AJ?

As for Joyce, the whole "everyone has a plan until they hit me in the mouth thing was always unlikely to work in the long run, but it is incredible to see someone who went through Parker and DuBois without much trouble getting dropped by a short Derek Chisora right. It's probably time to hang them up, but the gate keeper gig was pretty lucrative at heavyweight before the Saudis got involved, so I'd imagine that also inflated now. I suspect the juggernaut will be getting stopped for a few more years to come.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Derek Smalls likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 28 Jul 2024, 5:09 pm

The most meaningless win award goes to......

Bet Chisora's family were hoping he'd lose and call it.......He's gonna pay for it all over the next few years.

Chisora needs to be helped to help himself and Joyce fighting with his face has left him old overnight.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Sun 28 Jul 2024, 11:15 pm

One with no defence, another with a glass chin.  Should we value amateur competitions?

Joe Joyce
Olympic Games (2016): Silver.  Super-heavy
European Games (2015): Gold. Super-heavy
Worlds (2015): Bronze Super-heavy
Commonwealth Games (2014): Gold Super-heavy
European Championships (2013): Bronze Super-heavy

Audley Harrison
Olympic Games (2000): Gold Super-heavy
Commonwealth Games (1998): Gold Super-heavy
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mochyn du Mon 29 Jul 2024, 2:05 am

That was a very low quality brawl. Immense courage by both but Joyce has zero defence, zero head movement and was getting caught with the overhand right almost every time. Both should retire if they care for their health.

Mochyn du

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Mon 29 Jul 2024, 11:34 am

in football and rugby a player has to be taken off if they are deemed to have suffered from a concussion. Do similar rules apply to todays boxers?

Every event is supposed to have an attendant medical professional that checks for vision and severity of cuts - not sure if they check for anything else.

After a knock down the referee checks whether the boxer is able to continue by asking him a question and sometimes asking him to walk forward or back - not sure if that is effectively a concussion test. A referee can stop a fight if he feels that a boxer is receiving too much punishment without reply or ability to adequately defend themselves.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek Smalls Mon 29 Jul 2024, 2:50 pm

The ref jumped in to support Groves once when he seemed to be in not so much danger to the observers yet a ref can likewise allow a fight where two fighters must be receiving stupid amounts of damage. There’s the inherent contradiction and weakness in the sport. So much is subjective.
With so many fights like this that pander to the lowest common denominator audience perhaps boxing’s rules need some serious reforms.
Derek Smalls
Derek Smalls

Back to top Go down

Post by Mochyn du Fri 02 Aug 2024, 11:57 pm

Are you suggesting both men should have been counted out Derek? Imagine that….both fighters being stopped for taking too much punishment.

Mochyn du

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down