The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Premier Sports app/TV options? Help!

+3
geoff999rugby
Pete330v2
clivemcl
7 posters

Go down

Premier Sports app/TV options? Help! Empty Premier Sports app/TV options? Help!

Post by clivemcl Thu 26 Sep 2024, 11:14 pm

I remember the same problem from before Viably took over for a year a while - premier Sports forces me to watch on browser on my laptop... not ideal!

Is there a way to install an app on my TV? I don't see it listed, and there doesn't seem to be an 'App Store' on my Hisense TV to install additional.

Of course, I've seen Premier Sports is now available through Amazon prime, and therefore through the Prime app on my TV I assume?

But does anyone know a way to 'attach' their Premier Sports login to their Amazon account?
Or do you have to cancel with premier Sports, and then subscribe again through your Amazon?

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Premier Sports app/TV options? Help! Empty Re: Premier Sports app/TV options? Help!

Post by Pete330v2 Fri 27 Sep 2024, 9:57 am

If you are signed up to Amazon Prime Video which is £7.99 per month you can then choose Premier Sports as an optional add-on. You can get Prime Video plus Premier Sports for £15.99 per month, I'm not sure if that new customers only.
Go home tonight and have a look at what options are available to you on your Amazon Prime account.

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Premier Sports app/TV options? Help! Empty Re: Premier Sports app/TV options? Help!

Post by geoff999rugby Fri 27 Sep 2024, 10:12 am

Its current customers as well - I've been offered it and I have Prime

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Fri 27 Sep 2024, 11:01 am

If you can't install the app on your TV directly have you looked into a Firestick?

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmushroom Fri 27 Sep 2024, 11:15 am

As Heaf said Chromecast/Firestick is a viable solution.

If you have a smart TV like Samsung for example you usually get a app on playstore that will link your phone to your TV. For Samsung its SmartThings App. In theory it should be just adding both devices to the app and then you can essentially cast your phone to your tv and vice versa. I'm actually testing this method out tonight so can let you know if this works.

Those 2 options listed above are pretty much the quicker options without having to mess around.

I know Samsung/LG are supposed to at some stage on their direct app download store page but I checked again last week and still nothing has been added. It's why I decided to try the SmartThing App instead.

One advantage to using a Firestick/Chromecast is you can take these with you easily - meaning you can turn any TV on to watch premier sports as long as your stick and phone are on the same wifi network. Handy for if your travelling around the country at all.

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Sat 28 Sep 2024, 3:43 pm

So the Crome/Firestick options are for casting rather than install a Premier Sports app on them?

I've got Amazon Prime, and Premier Sports, but I just wondered if premier Sports have some way to activate your PS in you Amazon. I'm assuming not. So I'll just cancel my premier Sports subscription, and then go and add it on in Amazon.

The browser is not bad to be fair. You can choose to watch from the beginning if you're running late as I often am.
Is the same option available when watching through Amazon prime?

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Sat 28 Sep 2024, 4:04 pm

OK - Update - in case anyone is interested.

I've just subscribed through my Amazon.

You have 'Watch from the beginning', pause and rewind on Amazon prime in browser, on Prime mobile apps, but sadly not on the Prime TV app.

A bit disappointing.

If you are happy to watch on tv without being late and not needing to pause or rewind, then Amazon is a decent method.

But if you want to pause, rewind, or watch from the start you will still be stuck on your laptop/computer or handheld device.

Unless somebody can tell me otherwise.

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmushroom Sat 05 Oct 2024, 7:38 pm

Ok so I also have a work around if you have a smart TV. use the web browser function and log into the account via the website and use the player there.

That's what i've been doing until the app becomes available on the Samsung store. I did try streaming off my phone but that seemed to have freezes every couple of mins.....but using the website function on the smart tv is pretty much flawless streaming. Works very well.

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 06 Oct 2024, 10:53 am

Playback feature on the app is awful. Can’t argue with £99 for the year though.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun 06 Oct 2024, 3:57 pm

The platform I use here in the colonies does not work on my LG tv. I can watch almost anything on that tv except the platform which shows the Premiership. I got annoyed by their lack of support (their adverts specifically indicated that it is possible to watch almost any legit streaming service) so I bought a mini computer to stream it in to that tv and it works like a charm. The odd thing is I tested it compared to the Premiership app and my mini computer and the US platform had a few seconds less of a delay.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down