The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beterbiev V Bivol

+2
No name Bertie
Derek Smalls
6 posters

Go down

Beterbiev V Bivol Empty Beterbiev V Bivol

Post by Derek Smalls Sun 13 Oct 2024, 2:37 am

Shades of GGG ‘losing’ to Alvarez?
Eddie Hearn says the judge that scored the fight between Beterbiev and Bivol 116-112 “should never work again.”
Hearn told DAZN: “Absolutely disgusting, you heard, in the 10th round, the corner said to him [Beterbiev], you have to knock him out to win this fight, they [the corner of Beterbiev] knew Beterbiev had lost this fight, then the word got around that Beterbiev had won a majority decision.. I’m absolutely baffled and disgusted at the scorecard 116-112.
“Bivol boxed beautifully in there tonight, Bivol should be the undisputed champion tonight and that judge should never work again.”

This was billed as a fight for the purists and it delivered. Sadly however, overshadowed by the whiff of something rotten in the state of Arabia.
Derek Smalls
Derek Smalls

Back to top Go down

Beterbiev V Bivol Empty Re: Beterbiev V Bivol

Post by No name Bertie Sun 13 Oct 2024, 8:36 am

I didn't see it but I listened to it and the commentator I was listening to called it for Beterbiev. Elsewhere it seemed that some people ringside called it for Beterbiev. However the majority seemed to call it for Bivol. It was said that Beterbiev was constantly pushing Bivol back, some say Bivol was being pushed around pillar to post but had a good defence, and most of Beterbiev's punches were landing on gloves and arms. Saw the highlights of the Whitaker Cameron fight and I thought it was about even when it was stopped. Saw the "highlights" of the Wardley vs Clarke fight and that was brutal. Suggestions are that Clarke had his cheek or orbital bone fractured.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Derek Smalls likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sun 13 Oct 2024, 12:31 pm

I had it a draw.

Definitely one that got away for Bivol, and I can't help but think there were some shades of De La Hoya-Trinidad to this. Bivol put himself in a great position to win after nine rounds and, in fleeting moments, had actually looked a little out of Beterbiev's league, dare I say it. But I couldn't give him anything after that point. He was way too passive in the championship rounds and trying to steal them with ineffective flurries.

I do have some sympathy for him, mind you, as that 116-112 card absolutely stank.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Derek Smalls likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 13 Oct 2024, 3:51 pm

Eddie Hearn moaning it was one of the biggest robberies...Go away just because you haven't got many elite fighters left..

Had it to Bivol by 1 or 2........But no robbery....Contentious at best.

TRUSSMAN66

Marky likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun 13 Oct 2024, 5:00 pm

Hello gents hope you’re all good.

Touch of the Leonard hagler’s about this, close but no robbery… just one terrible card. Maybe comes down to whether you favour slick boxing over pressure.

Truss, Haz Harrison had it 120-108 beterbiev Wink

I had it a draw… How I saw it.
Fairly Clear rounds Bivol: 1,2,3,8,9
Fairly Clear rounds beterbiev: 4, 7, 10,11,12
Swing rounds, 5,6

I gave bivol 5, beterbiev 6

So, to me how you scored the middle rounds dictates who won.

All 3 judges gave beterbiev the 3rd and the 5th.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Sun 13 Oct 2024, 10:16 pm

One of those rare close fights where only one man could have won and it wasn't Beterbiev. I can see it being a draw but 115-113 to Bivol would have been the right score.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down