The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales get to the final of the World Cup!

+5
Cymroglan
Llandudnoboy
doctornickolas
Shifty
Impossible Standards
9 posters

Go down

Wales get to the final of the World Cup! Empty Wales get to the final of the World Cup!

Post by Impossible Standards Wed 10 Aug 2011, 3:40 pm

Ok so it's rippa rugby and it's not actually welsh players but we'll take it! Very Happy

http://allblacks.com/news/17070/NZ-takes-out-Rippa-World-Cup-Final

On a serious note what a good idea to get the kids to feel involved in the WC.
Impossible Standards
Impossible Standards

Back to top Go down

Wales get to the final of the World Cup! Empty Re: Wales get to the final of the World Cup!

Post by Shifty Wed 10 Aug 2011, 4:25 pm

Picture looks about right, their young players look about as twice as big as ours, still at least it wasn't as bad as the U20's world cup game!
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Wales get to the final of the World Cup! Empty Re: Wales get to the final of the World Cup!

Post by doctornickolas Wed 10 Aug 2011, 4:35 pm

Very true to life though....looks like we have a few ladies on our team.....

doctornickolas

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Wed 10 Aug 2011, 4:38 pm

doctornickolas wrote:Very true to life though....looks like we have a few ladies on our team.....

Actually to be fair to Lee Bryne, he seems to have swung the other way now, unless he does an Alfie and changes his mind again and divorces.
Lee Bryne "I was gay all along"
Wales "Yes we know" laughing
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Llandudnoboy Fri 16 Sep 2011, 4:50 pm

If that happens then next years Olympic Games will be cancelled and WRU tickets will be issued free on a first come first basis.

With respect to the Welsh team and Mr Gatland last weekends match against South Africa was an opportunity missed.

Whether Hooks penalty went over or not does not matter the lads should have beaten them and that would have sent out a message to the rest of the World that we meant business and were a team who could go all the way to the final.

We are now contemplating facing a physical match against Samoa which could go either way.

Samoa are quite capeable of winning the group by beating even South Africa due to their confidence boost over their impressive recent win.

Imagine the pressure Wales must be under knowing that THEY MUST WIN THE MATCH otherwise their off home tail between their legs.

It does not matter who Warren Gatland chooses to play they all know that the Samoans will be brimming with confidence and will play a physical game from start to finish.

If Wales had played Samoa four years ago then they would have been firm favorites to win but the odds have now been shortened considerably.

I hope they win and get as far as possible in the tournament but going into a match knowing you have to win it must be extremely hard physically and mentally especially when you know who your opponents are and the type of game they love to play.

This will be the most crucial game of any of their careers and possibly the last chance any of them will get to play at this level.

I would not like to bet on the outcome.

Llandudnoboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Fri 16 Sep 2011, 5:11 pm

There is far too much importance placed on the Australia v Samoa match Australia played like headless chickens that day they did not even attempt any kickable penalties.
Of course Wales will have to play well to beat them but Samoa will also have to be on top of their game to beat us.
Wales will not be as foolish as the Australians by underestimating the Samoans.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sat 17 Sep 2011, 8:11 am

Cymroglan wrote:Wales will not be as foolish as the Australians by underestimating the Samoans.

Because they have never done that before have they?

Well not more than a few times any way.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 17 Sep 2011, 8:23 am

LondonTiger wrote:
Cymroglan wrote:Wales will not be as foolish as the Australians by underestimating the Samoans.

Because they have never done that before have they?

Well not more than a few times any way.

Do you not believe that the Australian's underestimated the Samoans then ?And do you think that this current Welsh side will make the same mistake as their predecessors.
I would be interested in reading your views on this.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sat 17 Sep 2011, 10:02 am

I think sporting teams are always at risk of underestimating opponents.

This is especially so when either they are playing against a minnow, or they have been hyped up by their own coaches, press and fans.

Personally I feel that there is a chance that Wales will believe that tomorrow morning will be so much easier than last week, that they are a touch complacent.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 17 Sep 2011, 10:18 am

Would most people not believe that playing Samoa should be easier than playing the current world champions a side ranked third in the IRB ratings.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sat 17 Sep 2011, 10:36 am

Yes it should be - but you should treat it as if it isn't.

Any team that let's its performance drop because it is only Italy/Argentina/Samoa/Fiji etc is ripe for a shock.

Wales were OK against SA but no better than that, yet in so many places they have been lauded to the rafters. They should beat Samoa quite comfortably, but if they are not on top of their game they could come a cropper.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Sat 17 Sep 2011, 11:32 am

LondonTiger wrote:Yes it should be - but you should treat it as if it isn't.

Any team that let's its performance drop because it is only Italy/Argentina/Samoa/Fiji etc is ripe for a shock.

Wales were OK against SA but no better than that, yet in so many places they have been lauded to the rafters. They should beat Samoa quite comfortably, but if they are not on top of their game they could come a cropper.

Agree with the first statement. I don't think Gatland will let any of these players drop their performance. He was seriously hurting after that loss. I fully expect Wales to come out firing
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Thunder Sat 17 Sep 2011, 11:42 am

I've always been amazed by how ignorant Welsh fans have been about the Samoan threat, why do you lot never learn from history?! Why do you think you just have to turn up to win?! The Samoan side are full of players who grew up playing rugby in New Zealand for christsake!

You have twice lost to Samoa in important world cup matches and then went and lost to Fiji in 2007. It is a very real possibility that Samoa can win.

Mr Thunder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Thunder Sat 17 Sep 2011, 11:44 am

I can already see Alesana Tuilagi tearing through the Welsh defence.

Mr Thunder

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Sat 17 Sep 2011, 11:48 am

Nobody thinks wales just have to turn up to win, what a stupid statement. Having confidence in your teams ability to beat another team ranked lower than you is fairly normal I would think...

We are all aware of the possibility of Samoa winning thanks. We've seen it before remember...We all believe that this Wales team is better than teams that have lost to Samoa previously. Our defence is better organised, our back row is very effective, we have a strong backline and are building towards a very good team.

Don't worry about us Mr Thunder we can worry enough for ourselves
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 17 Sep 2011, 11:54 am

Of course it's possible Samoa can win at the end of the day it's only a two horse race.
I always find it strange that people will think a fan is ignorant if he/she believes his side can win have you seen any posts by Welsh posters that said Samoa have no chance ?
Without checking the stats I believe the only player in the Welsh 22 tomorrow involved in the loss to Samoa will be Gethin Jenkins and I'm sure he would have told our boys that complacency will be our undoing.

Last edited by Cymroglan on Sat 17 Sep 2011, 12:12 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 17 Sep 2011, 11:57 am

Mr Thunder wrote:I can already see Alesana Tuilagi tearing through the Welsh defence.

I wish you luck in the rest of the tournament Your Samoan side has done very well with little resources and you Samoans are very passionate fans. mug

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Thunder Sat 17 Sep 2011, 12:02 pm

"We are all aware of the possibility of Samoa winning thanks. We've seen it before remember...We all believe that this Wales team is better than teams that have lost to Samoa previously."

Yes but this Samoan side is better than previous sides as well. Good luck tomorrow, but I won't be surprised if Samoa win.

Mr Thunder

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Sat 17 Sep 2011, 12:21 pm

I won't be surprised if Samoa win either but I still expect Wales to
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sat 17 Sep 2011, 10:33 pm

AlynDavies wrote:
doctornickolas wrote:Very true to life though....looks like we have a few ladies on our team.....

Actually to be fair to Lee Bryne, he seems to have swung the other way now, unless he does an Alfie and changes his mind again and divorces.
Lee Bryne "I was gay all along"
Wales "Yes we know" laughing

Byrne to Gatland

"I was a better man with you as a woman than I ever was with a woman as a man. Know what I mean?"

(tootsie)

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down