The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mayweather - evidently still the "face of boxing"??

+6
Il Gialloblu
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
School Project
Neutral Corner
BALTIMORA
Sugar Floyd Louis
10 posters

Go down

Mayweather - evidently still the "face of boxing"?? Empty Mayweather - evidently still the "face of boxing"??

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Sun 18 Sep 2011, 11:52 am

Mayweathers pre-fight antics aren't to be taken serious, but this is something I always hear him claim.

I'm anticipating the ppv numbers, but it's crazy how sooo many people are always interested when this guy fights, whether cheering or wanting him to lose.

It seems like not only the media, but all the famous people, tweet about it, and all rush to be ring-side when Floyds fighting. Why's this???

Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems more of an event when Floyd fights than when Manny does, besides the media and more boxing fans loving the Filipino.

As for the fight, I was more excited by everything prior the incident, my main interest was analysing Floyds movement, reflexes, seeing if there was any deterioration... and I saw none. Laughed my arse off when after everything Khan was giving himself a chance against the guy.

BRING ON MANNY-MAYWEATHER!!!!

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Mayweather - evidently still the "face of boxing"?? Empty Re: Mayweather - evidently still the "face of boxing"??

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 18 Sep 2011, 12:06 pm

Congratulations on the pregnancy. Give my love to Beyonce.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Mayweather - evidently still the "face of boxing"?? Empty Re: Mayweather - evidently still the "face of boxing"??

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Sun 18 Sep 2011, 12:10 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:Congratulations on the pregnancy. Give my love to Beyonce.
Laugh thanks

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutral Corner Sun 18 Sep 2011, 12:11 pm

Do you not have a secret love child?

Neutral Corner

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 18 Sep 2011, 12:24 pm

On the topic of the sense of occasion; I think a large part of that is Mayweather's constant self-promotion. I dislike the guy's personality in many ways, but he knows how to garner attention, and he knows that no attention is bad attention.

As for Khan...I'm just glad that I didn't stay up and watch it because he's cringe-worthy.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Sun 18 Sep 2011, 1:08 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:On the topic of the sense of occasion; I think a large part of that is Mayweather's constant self-promotion. I dislike the guy's personality in many ways, but he knows how to garner attention, and he knows that no attention is bad attention.

As for Khan...I'm just glad that I didn't stay up and watch it because he's cringe-worthy.

In all fairness Balti, it wasn't so bad. You would stuggle to understand a single word he said, the only thing that came out of his mouth was a long droan and durge with the occassional "Freddieeee Roooch" and "Manny Manny Manny" before reverting back to saying "hunngrruuur ruhhh urrrgh rrahh uggh".

He mentioned something about having Floyds game, but I can't say I was listening.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 18 Sep 2011, 2:08 pm

He is pretty embarrassing when he goes on about 'Freddie Rurch'.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 18 Sep 2011, 2:17 pm

He called Floyd the best around just now. Not sure Manny will be to happy with that. He also said he was better equipped to beat Floyd than Manny was. He felt you needed to be patient and work at range using a good jab and if that is the way to beat him Khan is better equipped than Manny.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Sun 18 Sep 2011, 7:11 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:He is pretty embarrassing when he goes on about 'Freddie Rurch'.

Here we go. Yet another one taking any opportunity they can to have a cheap racist dig at Amir Khan. Just because he speaks funny doesn't make him any less of a person*.

* Vernon Kaye is a bit annoying though.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Sun 18 Sep 2011, 7:15 pm

[quote="Il Gialloblu"]
BALTIMORA wrote:

A bit? That's like saying Hitler had a bit of a dislike of the jews.

Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 18 Sep 2011, 7:20 pm

Il Gialloblu wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:He is pretty embarrassing when he goes on about 'Freddie Rurch'.

Here we go. Yet another one taking any opportunity they can to have a cheap racist dig at Amir Khan. Just because he speaks funny doesn't make him any less of a person*.

Racist? Come again?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Sun 18 Sep 2011, 7:23 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
Il Gialloblu wrote:

Racist? Come again?

Lancastrians are a sub species of hominid man. Homo Accentus.

Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Sun 18 Sep 2011, 7:49 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
Il Gialloblu wrote:

Racist? Come again?

Nothing meant Balti.

You made a comment about Amir's Bolton accent and how you find it embarrassing when he says 'Freddie Rurch' and I wrote a satirical comment comparing your apparent dislike of his North-west dialect to the abhorrent abuse, usually hidden behind claims of "he's not a very nice person", that he often gets from lesser-minded people than you and I. I thought that the Vernon Kaye remark would have made the 'Bolton' aspect of it a little clearer but evidently not.

Now that I've explained my earlier post, I'd like to apologise for any offence that it may have caused. Cheers. OK
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 18 Sep 2011, 7:51 pm

No worries. I usually keep the racist stuff for my EDL meetings. Whistle

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Sun 18 Sep 2011, 8:12 pm

I'm not really aux fait with what the EDL actually is Balti but I've just looked on wiki and it seems they (or you) would probably be pushing up sales of the Daily Mail, which is terrible. Although on the plus side, they (or you) might stop people like me using poncy foreign terms like 'aux fait'.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 18 Sep 2011, 8:18 pm

I was kidding. You're not wrong on the Daily Mail bit though.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 18 Sep 2011, 8:21 pm

Daily Mail is one of the worst institutions of British Media, they try to make you scared of everything and think in a narrow minded way.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 18 Sep 2011, 8:23 pm

Typical Daily Mail Headline: WALKING DOWN THE STREET CAN CAUSE CANCER

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 18 Sep 2011, 8:26 pm

Daily Mail Headline: PUBLIC TOILETS GIVE YOU AIDS

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Sun 18 Sep 2011, 8:47 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:I was kidding. You're not wrong on the Daily Mail bit though.

I realise you were speaking in jest mate. I've read these boards long enough to know that if you want to say anything serious, you'll write it in yellow.

I'm sure it won't be long before the Daily Mail blames Britain's shrinking reservoirs on asylum seekers drinking it all. It's not as bad as the media/education over here in China though...

A few weeks ago, I asked my students if they knew who won World War II.

One of them actually said China. When I asked why, they said that China struck a decisive blow to the Japanese and if it weren't for that, the Allies wouldn't have won.

For the first and only time ever, I actually got angry in my classroom. My Normandy Veteran Grandad would have been spinning in his grave, if he was dead.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 18 Sep 2011, 8:54 pm

Wow, seem to know about as miuch outside of there own country as America...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 18 Sep 2011, 9:26 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:Wow, seem to know about as miuch outside of there own country as America...

America, China, and North Korea are the worst for their own propaganda

Trussman is the perfect example of 'America won the war and everyone else just helped out a little bit'

Thankfully Call of Duty games do have singleplayer campaigns showing the efforts made by the Russian Resistance troops, the English Desert Rats etc therefore educating the younger generation

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sun 18 Sep 2011, 9:28 pm

Thank god for Call of duty Steffan, perish the thought the young mites should have to read a book to learn about the past.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 18 Sep 2011, 9:31 pm

Hollywood was never gonna do it. U571 anyone..?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sun 18 Sep 2011, 9:32 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:Hollywood was never gonna do it. U571 anyone..?

Don't be too harsh Balti, any film where Jon Bon Jovi dies a horrible death can't be all bad.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 18 Sep 2011, 9:35 pm

rowley wrote:Thank god for Call of duty Steffan, perish the thought the young mites should have to read a book to learn about the past.
I would rather them read it from a book but being realistic COD is played by children of all edcations and cultures so it can still give people some knowledge on what happened in WW2

Your back I take it...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sun 18 Sep 2011, 9:36 pm

Knew you'd miss me Steffan.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 18 Sep 2011, 9:38 pm

And here's the moment in it's glory:

Career highlight.

To he fair it's a fairly watchable flick. It's just nothing even remotely like the truth. Hell, even The Great Escape had to add in extraneous American characters in order to heighten US audience interest. And don't get me STARTED on the proposed Dambusters remake!

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 18 Sep 2011, 9:42 pm

rowley wrote:Knew you'd miss me Steffan.

The words 'Bye then' were poetry to me. Id been celebrating all weekend. What a come down

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down