The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage

+8
pullthestrings
prop_lyd
Sgt_Pooly
Ozzy3213
SirJohnnyEnglish
LukeLovesLuka
dammit_chris
Driver
12 posters

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage - Page 4 Empty Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage

Post by Driver Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage - Page 4 Aviva+Premiership+Logo
CAN SOMEONE DO THE LV TABLES FOR ME? TERRIBLE WITH CODING ON THESE THINGS

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage - Page 4 Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons
2009/2010 - Saracens
2008/2009 - London Irish

Teams
Bath RFC
InTheFastLane
Exeter Chiefs Driver - RIP 606
Gloucester Anonmattyt
Harlequins
Steven_Sharks
Leicester Tigers
LukeLovesLuka
London Irish
stnick88
London Wasps
Arry
Newcastle Falcons
Sgt_Pooly
Northampton Saints
Dammit_Chris
Sale Sharks
SirJohnnyEnglish
Saracens
LDCPete
Worcester Warriors prop_lyd

Links
Rules
Fixtures
Aviva Premiership League Table
European Homepage
LV Cup homepage
Budgets
Domestic Confirmations
Transfer Homepage
Foreign Transfers
Press Releases

Waiting List
1. Sam
2. pullthestrings
3. Bathite

Last edited by Driver - RIP 606 on Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:31 pm; edited 3 times in total
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage - Page 4 Empty Re: Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:44 pm

You inclined Franks hasn't played against anyone decent because the French gave up. The French don't give up and pride themselves on their scrummaging, the AB's dominated the scrum most of the game.

I agree the French slipped off their game big time after 10/15 mins but it was more the intensity around the park than set piece.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage - Page 4 Empty Re: Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:46 pm

To put things into perspective Franks has played against Tiny, Barcella and Poux. Three of the best scrummaging LH's about imo.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:55 pm

Tiny on his own is not a great scrummaging loosehead. He is a powerful man who ad part of the Saints front row bullied weaker packs last season. Against decent scrummaging tightheads he has often been second best. In the loose he is a monster. As a scrum technician he is not up there with the best.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:03 pm

I have to partly agree with Pooly here.
I didnt use to rate Franks as a scrummager but he is slowly proving me wrong.
Tiny doesnt have the best technique, but to say he often came off 2nd best is a bit far fetched. I'd say Saints got the better of 9/10 opposition last season.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:31 pm

Back online Very Happy

Team will be done at some stage tomorrow.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:32 pm

I like Franks but to call him the best TH of the world cup to date based on a performance against a french scrum with Szarweski (spelling??!!) at hooker just doesnt sit with me. Don't rate Szarweki as a scrummager at all. Everytime he plays the french scrum struggles.

Mike Ross is the stand out so far for me. Been fantastic for the Irish to date.

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:38 pm

Who's Ross played though Johnny? Franks has played 3 top LH's at least

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:52 pm

Franks didnt get on top of big Tonga though did he? Struggled 2nd half in the scrum. Looked good against France till Szarweski came off then couldnt get any head way. Been average in the loose as well. To call him the best TH of the world cup to date based on that doesnt sit with me.

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:54 pm

Franks gave Tonga a torrid time mate, they took him off at 50mins if you watch back and the replacement was outstanding

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:05 pm

Franks did get the upper hand, in general NZ had the upper hand up 1st half. 2nd half Tonga had the upper hand.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:10 pm

Didnt realise Tonga went off early 2nd half? Just remember the Tongans giving All Blacks all sorts of problems 2nd half in the scrum and were close to the penalty try mark at one stage.

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:27 pm

That was with the new lad on, he bagged the try straight after too

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:35 pm

Just checking this lad out on ESPNs stats site. Not too impressive for Franks to be beaten by a lad with a handful of caps against Samoa, Fiji and Japan

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:42 pm

That may be so but it is impressive for him to get the upper hand on Tonga'uhia, Poux and Barcella.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:47 pm

As soon as Szareski went off Franks could get nothing out of Barcella though. Cannot remember the french scrum ever doing well with Szareski at hooker. Would hazard a guess and say Franks wouldnt have got anything out of Poux if Szareski wasnt on the field then either

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:11 pm

Jesus Johnny man, give the lad a break lol. he's dominating the majority of games against top opposition, not saying he's the best in the world but he's prob been the standout so far in the WC. It's hard to put in a shift in all game against another top class LH. Ben Franks has been coming on for Woody so he hasn't really been getting a break.

Ross is quality but all he has done is dominate an Aus LH and not really turn up to much in the loose.

With you on Szareski tho, the differece when Servat comes on is scary. Guaridino? should prop be ahead of him tbh

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:19 pm

Take Szareski away and all Franks has done is get on top of Tonga for 1 half just think Ross shades it in the world cup all opinins though thumbsup

Could be accused of bias since i signed him but would defo have Guirado ahead of Szareski. Much better at the basics and just as good in the loose. Did well in the warm up games too.

Cant understand why Szareski is in the 22 when Guirado can match him in the loose and is much stronger at the basics and Servat is probably the best scrummaging hooker in the world. French scrum always struggles with him on

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:21 pm

think most would agree Swzareski cant scrum
Guirado should be on the bench

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:30 pm

Must admit I'm not a huge fan of Ross. Think he's pretty average but the the rest of the Irish TH's are that bad he looks great!

I rate Poux very very highly and Franks gave him all sorts of issues, be best TH in world soon, especially with his loose play. All opinions of course lol

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:31 pm

To be fair Ross isnt really a great TH. Never been a monster scrummager or great in the loose just having a cracking world cup to date for me thumbsup

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:59 pm

Swarzeski has incredible darts he is an average scrummager but better than guirado. Guirado plays between beasts at club level but his throwing is much worse than someone like deon Fourie who you think has bad darts.

Guirado is great round the park but the french lineout is their massive strength so why compromise it with guirado?

Franks has done well and woody been poor. Says a lot
For ben franks
That he can't displace woody who
Looks not fully fit.

Thomson still best scrummaging hooker in the world. One of the greatest ever in that respect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:01 pm

Ross was the secret to Quins success a few years ago and then left and was dross and
Now
Looks a beast . Maybe he Lacks focus.

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:01 pm

You said Bruno last week.

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:04 pm

Luka i forgot Bruno is!! Thomson best at world cup. How could i forget Bruno force of nature.

Thommo is number 2 scrummager

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:19 pm

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,16024_7209486,00.html

Jock team looks like they are going to run the ball. On form Blair is prob best in nh for getting a team going. Form
So patchy though!

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:24 pm

What about Lawson Matthew?

Scotland: 15 Chris Paterson, 14 Max Evans, 13 Joe Ansbro, 12 Sean Lamont, 11 Simon Danielli, 10 Ruaridh Jackson, 9 Mike Blair, 8 Richie Vernon, 7 John Barclay, 6 Ally Strokosch, 5 Alastair Kellock (c), 4 Richie Gray, 3 Euan Murray, 2 Ross Ford, 1 Allan Jacobsen.
Replacements:16 Scott Lawson, 17 Alasdair Dickinson, 18 Nathan Hines, 19 Ross Rennie, 20 Chris Cusiter, 21 Dan Parks, 22 Nick de Luca.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:36 pm

Thought would
Be picked to be honest. As i have said before If all on form best is Blair but lawson has been form
Jock 9 for last year and a bit. To be fair
He has made massive changes after
Argie game to chase 7 point win.

Lamont centre?? Etc
Etc

Robinson
Has
Reacted and is rolling the dice. Do
You think
He
Knows his
Best side!?
Tinkers constantly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:51 pm

I honestly think he tonight he'd win the Arg game so went in a little light, Cody him big style and he'll get sack after defeat.

You said Servat was best scrummager Matt! Lol

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:20 am

Can never understand why they dont play Evans at 13, he'd completely change their midfield!

Driver you were right with Armitage, I'm amazed by that call espc as b loody Banahan comes on the bench. See Easter has got back there too, never the biggest fan of having a backrow that covers on position from the bench, though I guess Moody can play 6 or 7 and Haskell 6, 7 and 8.

England team: B Foden; C Ashton, M Tuilagi, M Tindall, D Armitage; J Wilkinson, B Youngs; M Stevens, S Thompson, D Cole, L Deacon, C Lawes, T Croft, L Moody (capt), J Haskell.

Replacements: D Hartley, A Corbisiero, T Palmer, N Easter, R Wigglesworth, T Flood, M Banahan.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:51 am

Wonder what Cueto has managed to do to upset Johnson. Been first choice ever since he's been coach, scored 3 in the last game (although against a lower class side) and then goes out of the 22 altogether.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:55 am

Can't believe he went for Lawes over Palmer! I would have bought Lwes off the bench and done some damage in the last 20!

Think Cueto might still be carrying a knock and would slot straight back in without any real game time as it's just the player he is.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:06 am

Take out his tries and Cueto was invisable last week, I think it's a fair call

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:55 am

Armitage deserves a spot in the side on form.
Don't get this whole balance in the back three thing. For me you want a winger who will score tries, make metres, beat his man, and Armitage offers that. He is also solid in defence and kicks well.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:04 am

Matt,
Never really seen the Perpignan lineout struggle and Guirados throwing was more then fine for France in the warm up games where he had a much bigger impact on the games then Szareski. Hes fantastic in the loose and a much better scrummager then Szareski and should be in the match day squad ahead of him for me.

On England surprised Palmer isnt starting. Hes our best lock at the moment. With Driver in that Lawes should have benched for this one would have been great to bring on in the final quarter against tired legs.

Surprised Cueto was dropped as well. Brings a real stability to our back 3 and dont think he gets the credit he deserves. Hes a fantastic line breaker from kick returns and makes decent metres there. Hes involved in a lot of the good things England do through the backs. Doesnt score enough but does everything else for me

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:12 am

Frances lineout is so strong due to amount of quality jumpers rather than the hooks been exceptional throwers. They often lineup with 5 top class jumpers, in Bonnaire and Hari they have two of the best backrow operators about. Plus Nallet, Picles etc are also quality.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:20 am

Might be biast but Pickles is a player who has impressed me since the warm ups. Out performed Harri against New Zealand. Was Frances best backrower that game and was an absolute menace against Ireland in the warms up. Had a decent year in the Heino and Top 14 as well. Should be starting 8 for France at this stage so was delighted to see he got the nod against the All Blacks

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:31 am

He's flattered to decieve for a few years now, always playing well for Toulouse but never really stepping up to Int. Looks well up for it lately though and still a young lad, be a scrap for the 8 shirt with lakuifa over the next few seasons.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:41 am

Been unlucky to be behind Harri who was immense 2008-2010 really for the french so didnt get a major go at the 8 shirt but definately their best 8 at the moment. As you say will be some battle over the next few years but definately has an edge at the moment for me.

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:42 am

Would have had Lawes and Palmer - don't rate Deacon, but I guess he is in there for his set piece, and grunt in the scrum. I like Lawes, he's added quite a lot to his lineout game in the last 6 months, though wonder how much of that is down to Palmer orchestrating it for England?

Think Lawes goes in because I'd imagine he's a little bit intimidating for the opposition in terms of the big hits he puts in, especillay on oppositions midfield. Also he is very mobile and offers a lot in defence. Just like to see him partner Palmer.

I'm amazed Banahan has made the bench, I'd prefer to leave the bench with 6 players than have him there...

NB. Chris is not a fan of Banahan.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:44 am

Just saw that Robbie Deans has named Radike Samo on the wing against Russia! Amazing, Aussies WC is going to come undone because of injuries and failing to call up replacements.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:45 am

Bet he bags a hat-trick.... Whistle

Australia:

15 James O'Connor, 14 Radike Samo, 13 Adam Ashley-Cooper, 12 Berrick Barnes, 11 Drew Mitchell, 10 Quade Cooper, 9 Luke Burgess, 8 Ben McCalman, 7 David Pocock, 6 Scott Higginbotham, 5 Nathan Sharpe, 4 James Horwill (captain), 3 Sekope Kepu, 2 Stephen Moore, 1 James Slipper

Replacements: 16 Tatafu Polota Nau, 17 Saia Fainga'a, 18 Salesi Ma'afu, 19 Rob Simmons, 20 Rocky Elsom, 21 Will Genia, 22 Nick Phipps

Even with all those injuries, it's still a top team, and an great bench.

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:51 am

Your right on Deacon Chris he has been brought in to do a job at the set piece. Lawes will do well around the park coming in then after we have taken the sting out of Scotland.

Banahan is only on the bench because he covers wing and supposedly centre. Post world cup something needs to be done though if he is still being considered for centre. Hes a great club player byut will never make it at the international level. Just hasnt got enough to his games.

Aussies have had horrible luck with injuries. A few more against Russia and it will be easy picking for South Africa in the quarters. Should never have been so naive against Ireland. Didnt scout them out at all and its really come back to bite them in the ass now

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:53 am

Samo used to play wing Chris, I imagine they're just resting they're wide options maybe?!?!? I thought Mitchell, JOC, AAC were all fit.

That imo is the best midfield Aus can put out. The last time Barnes/AAC played together they totally dismantled France. AAC runs hard and straight and Barnes fed him all night.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:53 am

Said that as well if you look a few pages back lol
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:58 am

Pat McCabe (shoulder), Kurtley Beale (hamstring), Digby Ioane (broken thumb), Rob Horne (broken cheek) and Anthony Faingaa (concussion).

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:00 am

Fair few midfield options out!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:01 am

Add Palu who has had to go home to that list as well

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:02 am

Think he'll have to call a 13 up - Stirling Mortlock anyone?
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:05 am

I'm hoping SA go through to the semi's versus the AB's because they are likley to cause them a lot more damage than the Aussies in terms of battering them, so the All Blacks might not be fully fit for the final, potentially against England!

I do like having Lawes in the team, think he offers so much around the park, not 100% sure about his breakdown work though. THink that is the area that England need to address and we don't have the backrow for it.

Just don't get Banahan's selection - he isnt a game winner, by all accounts he should be with his size and power, but he doesnt have the rugby brain and always, always looks for contact.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:11 am

the other selection i dont really get is Wigglesworth, I'd have given Simpson more game time as his speed could be such a weapon from the bench. Think Wiggles is another who is a good club player but doesn't really do too much else, I dont see him making breaks or anything like that. If you need someone to up the tempo in a game, or need someone to chase a game you are losing then surely Simpson?

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next