The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F1 Rumor Mill

3 posters

Go down

F1 Rumor Mill  Empty F1 Rumor Mill

Post by Fernando Thu 22 Dec 2011, 4:14 pm

Id thought it would easier to have one place where everyone can post their rumors instead of 17 articles on it.

The job-seeking Bruno Senna visited Williams' Oxfordshire headquarters in recent days, Brazil's Globo Esporte reports.

A return to the reserve role has been rumoured for 2012, and he has also admitted to contemplating a switch to Nascar.

But Globo reports that Senna, as well as team incumbent Rubens Barrichello, were both separately spotted at Williams' Grove factory this week.

The report said the 28-year-old underwent some physical tests and met with engineers at Williams, who still have a race seat vacancy alongside Pastor Maldonado for next season.

former McLaren driver and lead British television commentator Martin Brundle, writing on his Twitter page.

"(I) suspect Vitaly Petrov may re-emerge at Caterham in 2012," he wrote, amid earlier rumours Jarno Trulli could lose his seat. "Music has stopped, there'll be a mad scramble for seats."

In the pages of Spanish newspaper AS, meanwhile, Toro Rosso refugee Jaime Alguersuari is being linked to the reserve driver role at Mercedes for 2012.

And multiple international reports in recent days have galvanised rumours that Ferrari junior driver Jules Bianchi is to replace Nico Hulkenberg as Force India's Friday practice driver.

Source: motorsport.com

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

F1 Rumor Mill  Empty Re: F1 Rumor Mill

Post by Guest Thu 22 Dec 2011, 5:15 pm

delete

Last edited by John on Thu 22 Dec 2011, 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 22 Dec 2011, 7:10 pm

John wrote:nice idea Fernando but rumour pages on forums are never a good thing

Would you rather 1 article on it John or 17? It's confining the rubbish to one article instead of spreading out.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Thu 22 Dec 2011, 10:28 pm

Problem with 1 thread for all rumours is, there will be no coherence in the conversations. You'll be talking about one rumour then half way through someone else will bring up another rumour and conversations will cross.

IMO of course.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 22 Dec 2011, 10:33 pm

You can't really win CM, Either we clutter the board up with a lot of article with rumors or do it in 1 place and get crossed up lol

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Fri 23 Dec 2011, 8:01 am

I understand what you mean and it will be difficult.

How about creating subsections within the motorsport section

Motorsport
^
General (as it currently is)
^ ^ ^
Rumours Other sections

Sorry for the crude "diagram"

Its not a complete solution but at least it will group similar/same threads together under one area, makes it easier to manage also (as long as people put things in the correct place)

Just a thought Very Happy

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Dec 2011, 12:16 pm

all i said was in my past experience 'rumour places' are a mess and dont work but i was willing to give it a go. of course we wouldnt need this if the posters on here were intelligent people who understood f1 and knew what there talking about then we wouldnt need a rumour mill or a place to put mixed conversations but we dont live in tht world and i'm open to newcomers and people who are not so knowledgable about the sport and the goings on etc. (not a rant but u know what i mean)

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri 13 Jan 2012, 4:13 pm

Not confirmed yet, but it seems Senna is the favourite for the second Williams seat.

Senna Favourite to Drive for Williams

This means Barrichello's only likely option is the still-vacant HRT seat, but it is thought he is unlikely to want to drive for them. The article also mentions Petrov is tipped to replace Trulli at Caterham.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Jan 2012, 5:15 pm

Apparently Sutil is finished and is tied up in defending and clearing his name in an up and coming court case regarding his bottle attack in China last year. Further to this Lewis Hamilton maybe called upon as a key witness to the incident. Rubens should just call it a day, it will be embarrasing watching him and De La Rosa crawling around at the back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Jan 2012, 9:36 pm

well i think this is more than a rumor but the ferrari chassis for 2012 has failed its first FIA crash test!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 13 Jan 2012, 9:43 pm

Indeed it has all their do is throw a few more sheets of carbon fibre on it til it passes

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri 13 Jan 2012, 11:41 pm

LOL!

When Domenicali said they were going in a completely new direction with next season's car, I don't think that was what he had in mind! Laugh
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Jan 2012, 12:37 pm

Who will be signing as the second driver of HRT? Surely Rubens will not sign and further damage his reputation unlike Pedro De La Rosa. They confirmed today that they've experienced 'critical delays' to their preparation for the new season. It's getting quite embarrasing for this team now and I can see them even further away from the back of the grid come Australia.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/16649348.stm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down