The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage

+7
dammit_chris
CJB
prop_lyd
'Arry Spurs
Steven_Sharks
stnick88
Driver
11 posters

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage - Page 3 Empty Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage

Post by Driver Tue 03 Jan 2012, 3:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage - Page 3 Aviva+Premiership+Logo
Welcome to the Aviva Premiership

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage - Page 3 Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons
2009/2010 - Saracens
2008/2009 - London Irish

Teams
Bath RFC
InTheFastLane
Exeter Chiefs Driver - RIP 606
Gloucester Anonmattyt
Harlequins
Steven_Sharks
Leicester Tigers
LukeLovesLuka
London Irish
stnick88
London Wasps
Arry
Newcastle Falcons
Sgt_Pooly
Northampton Saints
Dammit_Chris
Sale Sharks
SirJohnnyEnglish
Saracens
LDCPete
Worcester Warriors prop_lyd

Links
Rules
Fixtures
Aviva Premiership League Table
European Homepage
LDCPete Cup homepage
Budgets
Domestic Confirmations
Transfer Homepage
Foreign Transfers
Press Releases
National League Players

Waiting List
1. pullthestrings
2. Bathite
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage - Page 3 Empty Re: Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu 05 Jan 2012, 5:52 pm

Gaskell is available but it will be fairly big deal for him as I am not actively looking to get rid of him but looking for a different type of player. I will come round with ideas when I can but you can put offers on my page if you like whilst I have my tea thumbsup

Areas I want to improve are EQ Hookers, Enforcer locks and centre or wing but would consider any decent player.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage - Page 3 Empty Re: Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 05 Jan 2012, 8:13 pm

Anyone watch super tries over the holidays?

The Cipriani one was a belter and Cooper is involved in about 15 of them!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 05 Jan 2012, 8:21 pm

Greenwood & Morris both agree Brad Barritt is the best option for England 12 jersey.

Spilt on 13 with Banahan & Joseph options. Is Joseph even playing?!?!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Thu 05 Jan 2012, 8:28 pm

i did pooly, cipriani's is brilliant shame he doenst do it more often, boys got some gas!

i'd go barritt 12, deserves a chance.
JJ hasnt played in weeks, and isnt back til end of jan.

f off banahan i'd go trinder or farrell

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 05 Jan 2012, 8:30 pm

Lol...I'd like to see Trinder outside Barritt but could really see Banahan working. I still think he could be a top centre with his physicality and offload.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Thu 05 Jan 2012, 8:35 pm

yet to see his offload game be effective to be honest

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu 05 Jan 2012, 9:40 pm

I did watch the Super tries Pooly. Cooper is involved in a few crackers but Genia's was the best for importance and just general difficulty. Rugby league super tries was also very decent.

Greenwood was stressing the EPS isn't just for the 6N but for the next 6 months so that's why he went for Joseph. Talked about the all round game and low error count and he'd like to see Tuilagi at 12.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 05 Jan 2012, 9:43 pm

I must have missed the Tuilagi at 12 bit, don't think he'll work there tbh

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu 05 Jan 2012, 9:50 pm

He said he'd like him there in long term, didn't necessarily stress immediately.

I think Manu is an ideal 12 if you want the crash ball. I think you have to decide whether you want a 12 who is a 2nd receiver and controller (particularly important in away games I find) or a big guy who guarantees you go forward. I personally think that long term we have far more talent at 13 than we do 12, so getting Manu as a 12 would be a good move I think.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jan 2012, 9:55 pm

Driver how does prop have 4 injuries and everyone else 3 ? Actually you have 2. Might want to check it mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 05 Jan 2012, 9:57 pm

It will be interesting to see how Manu develops as I don't think he has the attributes to fully work there at the minute.

We have plenty of options at 12 in 36, Barritt & JTH all of which could really kick on (esp 36) so I wouldn't personally feel the need to shoe horn Manu into the 12 shirt.

All opinions of course, I'd be quite happy to leave Manu at 13 where he looks natural and look to develop a 12.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu 05 Jan 2012, 9:59 pm

anonmattyt wrote:Driver how does prop have 4 injuries and everyone else 3 ? Actually you have 2. Might want to check it mate

Didn't even realise I had one more??!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:05 pm

We should have 2 now....

I think prop bought an injured player from Driver???

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:08 pm

I'm completely confused now!! So my 1st player is back now then?! When does King come back and does it mean I need to change my tactics etc?
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:16 pm

Where are injuries listed? I have mine on my page and Slater is available this week...

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:20 pm

I've changed my tactics for it now with King. Would bring Botha in instead of Andress but that would be unfair on Matt seeing as he's done team and tactics.
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:47 pm

As all teams and tactics are in the match thread is updated

Predictions open

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:47 pm

Play him if you wish prop !!

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:53 pm

Predictions are open now so don't worry Matt, got completely confused this week!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jan 2012, 11:12 pm

There is an injuries page I should have paid
More notice I could have played grey

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu 05 Jan 2012, 11:15 pm

Guess it must be a Forest thing bud Doh
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Fri 06 Jan 2012, 7:39 am

Papers reporting that England midfield will be hodgson Farrell and tuilagi - could be interesting as hodgson has the best passing game of any 10 in the AP (possibly Europe) so could be v good for tuilagi and back three. Lots are saying that sarries have improved his defence too - not so sure

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jan 2012, 8:04 am

Life is easier for hodgson with barrit who is colossal in defence. I agree with Stuart Barnes on the fact that barrit is not an international though.

I am no hodgson fan because his Game can fall to pieces. The only thing I like about hodgson is his honesty where even he says is tackling ain't great.

Farrell needs to be blooded and also would goal kick as hodgson is a hit and miss kicker.

I will be glad if we don't return to tindall. Hopefully glos will not renew his contract as he really has lost it. We will then be rid of 300k of the salary cap and with les gone another 200k so can make some decent signings

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Fri 06 Jan 2012, 9:35 am

Yeah I'd agree with you on Barrit there - very good club player but dont think he has the attributes to become a top international.

Do wish Hodgson could tackle, if he is playing full of confidence then he's a top, top player but all it takes is one knock during the game and every aspect of his game can fall apart. Never seemed to have the mental strength of a player like WIlko (but then who does).

I'd definitely have Sharples starting - is quite a back three with him, Foden and Ashton. Foden seems to be hitting top form at the moment.

Wonder if there will be any surprises in the squad.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Fri 06 Jan 2012, 9:44 am

Hodgson's cover tackling is great but its the head on stuff where their is two or three guys running at him where it goes wrong.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jan 2012, 9:48 am

Is the EPS announced Monday??

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Fri 06 Jan 2012, 9:50 am

anonmattyt wrote:

I will be glad if we don't return to tindall. Hopefully glos will not renew his contract as he really has lost it. We will then be rid of 300k of the salary cap and with les gone another 200k so can make some decent signings

Like Ben morgan!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jan 2012, 9:56 am

He would suit us well. Our only big ball carrier is Qera and we need some depth in that position

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:13 am

EPS named on the 11th i think, wednesday. might be wrong.

morgans coming to irish!! i hope!

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:14 am

Scarlets coach was saying yesterday how he feared losing Morgan to an English club - just seems like the welsh clubs look after their players a lot better in fitness/nutrition than in england, so maybe it wouldnt be such a bad thing if he did stay there.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:17 am

dammit_chris wrote:Scarlets coach was saying yesterday how he feared losing Morgan to an English club - just seems like the welsh clubs look after their players a lot better in fitness/nutrition than in england, so maybe it wouldnt be such a bad thing if he did stay there.

I dont think there is any difference fitness/nutrition wise. Wales have caught up with the rest of the world in that respect as they were massively behind. i think its the sheer amount of attritional games the English players play.

Look at the Rabo. you barely ever see a full strength side put out in more than half the games. this keeps them fresh and in good nick for the big games.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:21 am

I imagine Barritt will get to prove you wrong, Geeenwood is a pretty good backer.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:29 am

Looks like we might see him straight in:

England forwards coach Graham Rowntree, who has been keeping tabs on Morgan for a year, said: "I'm delighted he's decided he wants to play for England. We've been looking at him a long time.

"We will be looking, without pre-empting selection, to get him involved very quickly," he added ahead of England's Six Nations opener away to Scotland on February 4.

"He's athletic, a big ball-carrying No.8 who is good at lots of things, a good line-out forward and good collision skills,"

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:31 am

Fair enough. I do want to know where we stand on foreign players. I understand Haskell and Cipriani as they are so far away but Palmer surely has to be considered if Morgan is.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:34 am

Think Morgan will come in under the exceptional circumstances clause as we will want to cap him before Wales do.

Morgan is a good prospect but he isnt the saviour of English rugby by any means. Hasnt had many games against the best back rows in the Rabo so internationals could be a very big step up for him.

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:35 am

barrit reminds me of jamie noon. great defender and not the hands or gas for international rugby. we want some spark or a big ball carrying 12.

barrit is just ok at everything bar defence. has nothing that marks him out.Also he has a south african accent on par with mike Catt

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:36 am

Play him for the Saxons then if he isn't ready for Internationals. If he changes his mind so quickly to Wales then they can have him!

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:40 am

He deserves his chance as the form 12 in the prem and imagine he'll get his chance somewhere along the line.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:41 am

i agree steven. you have to play for england on merit. we have a big enough pool of players

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:42 am

you could say the same of mike brown who deserves to be in the squad but i would be disappointed if either got a start.

we want to play attacking rugby and utilise our backs. barrit would kill this. might as well play tindall 12 if we play him

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:47 am

disagree there matt, barritt is a better attacker than tindall and has better hands.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:48 am

Barritt has better hands than Tindall. Best to agree to disagree really

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:51 am

Dewi Morris's EPS

Forwards: Joe Marler, Nick Wood, Dylan Hartley, Joe Gray, Jamie George, Dan Cole, Matt Stevens, Courtney Lawes, George Robson, Dave Attwood, Mouritz Botha, Tom Croft, Chris Robshaw, Tom Wood, Dave Seymour, Thomas Waldrom, Ben Morgan.

Backs: Ben Youngs, Joe Simpson, Micky Young, Toby Flood, Charlie Hodgson, Owen Farrell, Brad Barritt, Jordan Turner-Hall, Manu Tuilagi, Matt Banahan, Ugo Monye, Chris Ashton, Charlie Sharples, Ben Foden, Mike Brown.

Will Greenwood's EPS

Forwards: Joe Marler, Alex Corbisiero, Dylan Hartley, Joe Gray, Jamie George, Dan Cole, Matt Stevens, Courtney Lawes, George Robson, Steve Borthwick, Matt Garvey, Tom Croft, Tom Wood, Chris Robshaw, Luke Wallace, Nick Easter, Ben Morgan.

Backs: Ben Youngs, Joe Simpson, Ben Spencer, Toby Flood, Charlie Hodgson, Owen Farrell, Brad Barritt, Jordan Turner-Hall, Manu Tuilagi, Jonathan Joseph, Christian Wade, Chris Ashton, Charlie Sharples, Ben Foden, Mike Brown.

Not all to convinced it's the time for Jamie George and there is a good chance I wouldn't watch an England game if Micky Young was the 9 and it's to early currently for Ben Spencer I think.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:55 am

You really have to wonder at these selections sometimes. Wade is miles away from Int rugby, he'd be torn apart!

Even as a big Micky Young fan he's should be nowhere near an EPS, similar with Spencer.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:56 am

Wood to be starting LH imo, has to be in EPS

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:56 am

Dewi has selected JTH, Barritt, Banahan and Tuilagi as the centres, all bosh merchants no flair really, would not be pleased with that at all.
for me you need one of JTH or Barritt (Barritt on form for me)
Would then have one of Trinder or JJ as back up 13 to Manu.

Micky young is decent but not Eng. quality.
george isnt ready but paice isnt at his best at the moment buckland on better form for irish.
wouldnt go with wade, would prefer to see may

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:57 am

I think Barritt will get the 12 jersey but I don't think he is the man long term.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:57 am

I watched the rugby club and they all wanted Jamie George in but for me its far too early. Same for wallace.

I have tickets for the England against Italy, Wales and Ireland this year and i would be gutted to see Micky Young anywhere near even the saxons.

would like to see JTH given the start at 12 as he has the offloading game and is a more dynamic attacker although i am still a little unconvinced, however for me is the best option.

much rather see gray in the squad than George.

Borthwick would be a retrograde step also and i think Corbs needs some form to be selected

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:59 am

i would not pick May. think he needs the full season and then picked for summer.

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Fri 06 Jan 2012, 11:00 am

what greenwood said about borthwick was a bit stupid if you ask me, saying borthwick guarantees you set piece and restart ball, but dont give him the ball to carry. waste of a lock. robson is quality in the lineout and at restarts and good in the loose. garvey isnt as good in the lineout as robson but better in the loose.
englands setpiece has never been a massive problem for me it is in the loose and at the breakdown where we suffer.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next