The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jim Telfer openly criticises Robinson on how he dealt with Parks

3 posters

Go down

Jim Telfer openly criticises Robinson on how he dealt with Parks Empty Jim Telfer openly criticises Robinson on how he dealt with Parks

Post by NeilyBroon Wed 08 Feb 2012, 6:48 pm

Quite right too: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/16954576

I can say I've been one to have a joke about Parks, and I view his retirement as a good thing for him personally and for the general progression of Scotland, I wouldn't have expected such treatment from a coach. Andy picked him, he should admit it was his mistake, his comments were very unprofessional.

I think Robinson is causing discontent in Scotland right now and I think he, like Parks, should do the noble thing and step down as Scotland coach and admit to his shortcomings. Parks was never brilliant but he was at least a team player, I wish I could say the same for Robinson.

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Jim Telfer openly criticises Robinson on how he dealt with Parks Empty Re: Jim Telfer openly criticises Robinson on how he dealt with Parks

Post by EWT Spoons Thu 09 Feb 2012, 9:48 am

Did anyone actually turn on Parks because he’s Australian? Don’t get me wrong I would much rather the team was full of actual Scots but I would never turn on a player who is playing for Scotland because of their nationality. Hines is also Australian and he didn’t get the same level of stick that Parks got.

I cannot help feel all these excuses are coming out in an attempt to hide the fact that Parks was, for a lot of the time, terrible. I think JB snr recently said that Williams was an unpopular coach because he was foreign, I believe he also said the same thing himself at one point. Surely, it has to do with him getting the team to play a terrible uninspiring brand of rugby that was unpopular and not his nationality.

Parks was a loyal servant to Scotland and for that you have to respect him. No one I know has treated him any differently just because he wasn’t born on these shores, so I find it surprising this excuse keeps getting rolled out.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Jim Telfer openly criticises Robinson on how he dealt with Parks Empty Re: Jim Telfer openly criticises Robinson on how he dealt with Parks

Post by RubyGuby Thu 09 Feb 2012, 9:53 am

I think this needs to be put to bed now. Parks had a good career with Scotland and on more than one occasion won them matches - dragging this sort of stuff up now is not going to help anyone. It was a strange time to call a halt to his career and he didn't help with his comments, likewise Robinson thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down