The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cardiff Blues squad and off-field updates.

+53
BIGFASE100
munkian
pharmachris
Notch
Artful_Dodger
2ndtimeround
Cari
Steffan
red_stag
glamorganalun
RC13
slartibartfast
HammerofThunor
maestegmafia
IanBru
justified sinner
Comfort
oxring
Casartelli
Stone Motif
manofgwent
Liam
Coleman
Morgannwg
21st Century Schizoid Man
profitius
thebluesmancometh
dogtooth
ScarletSpiderman
bedfordwelsh
Cymroglan
gowales
Shifty
Kingshu
DRAGONONPARADE
Looseheaded
GavinDragon
LordDowlais
Feckless Rogue
geoff998rugby
BridgendBoyo
Smirnoffpriest
Eclipse
pioden gorllewin
XR
Welshmushroom
doctornickolas
rodders
chewed_mintie
HERSH
Cardiff Dave
formerly known as Sam
wales606
57 posters

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Cardiff Blues squad and off-field updates. - Page 12 Empty Cardiff Blues squad and off-field updates.

Post by wales606 Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:07 am

First topic message reminder :

It appears that the following players will be leaving the Blues at the end of the season

DEPARTURE

Gavin Henson - Sacked

TRThomas - Despite being given the captaincy a few times this season, Thomas is due to leave - He is one of the players who has been excellent for us, is available all year round and we should be building a team around him. But he is off to Wasps.

Gethin Jenkins - 1 of our 4 world class players is off to Toulon

Casey Laulaula - The second centre to go, he is off to Munster, despite being available all year round.

Dan Parks is off to Connacht

Ritchie Rees is going to Edinburgh

Deniol Jones is retired

Martyn Williams is retiring

Mamma Molitika is retiring

John Yapp is leaving to go to Edinburgh

Ben Blair has apparently been offered a contract in France, at Lyon and is leaving

Jamie Roberts will miss a large part of next season through injury

Paul Tito is retiring

Ryan Tyrell is returning to Australia

Xavier Rush has retired as a player due to injury

Justin Burnell has left with immediate effect

Richard Mustoe rumoured retirement

ARRIVING AND STAYING

Xavier Rush has become the next defence coach

Jason Tovey is the only new signing of any significance announced so far, from the Dragons

Robin Copeland is confirmed from Rotherham RFC - some good reports, a replacement for Molitika

Lou Reed is signing though from the Scarlets

And Gavin Evans has signed a new 2 year contract extension...woop Shocked

Benoit Bourrust a THP from Perpignan is arriving

Fijian LHP prop Campese Ma'afu has signed from Australian side West Harbour Pirates

Hooker Andi Kyriacou is being targeted from Ulster - confirmed

Ceri Sweeney is staying with the Blues with a contract extension

Fau Filise has signed a contract extension (Probably 1 year)

A new Director of Rugby Phil Davies has joined.

Alex Cuthbert has signed a 1 year extension

Rob Lewis confirmed coming at SH from London Welsh

Deniol Jones is now team manager

Lee Jarvis has been appointed skills coach

Squad for next season

Props
Sam Hobbs
Ma'afu Campese
Benoit Bourrust
Scott Andrews
Fau Filise
Ryan Hartford
Nathan Trevett
Thomas Davies

Hookers
Andy Kyricau
Kristian Dacey
Mark Breeze
Rhys Williams

Locks
Bradley Davies
Lou Reed
James Down
Cory Hill
McCauley Cook
Matthew Screech

Backrow
Michael Paterson
Robin Copeland
Sam Warburton
Josh Navidi
Andreus Pretorious
Ellis Jenkins
Thomas Young
Luke Hamilton

Scrum Halfs
Lloyd Williams
Rob Lewis
Lewis Jones

Fly Halfs
Jason Tovey
Ceri Sweeney
Rhys Patchell

Centres
Jamie Roberts
Daffydd Hewitt
Gavin Evans
Cory Allen
Owen Williams

Back 3
Alex Cuthbert
Tom James
Leigh Halfpenny
Dan Fish
Chris Czekaj
Harry Robinson

Last edited by wales606 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:18 pm; edited 32 times in total
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues squad and off-field updates. - Page 12 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues squad and off-field updates.

Post by XR Thu May 10, 2012 1:22 pm

See, there's that sweet side we've been looking for, Steffy

XR

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues squad and off-field updates. - Page 12 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues squad and off-field updates.

Post by Smirnoffpriest Thu May 10, 2012 1:24 pm

So Steff do you support a specific club?

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu May 10, 2012 1:25 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:Interesting I thought you would have liked the Rabo as you currently want Valleys Rugby to compete in the Rabo
The Rabo could actually be good if everyone agreed to take it seriously and they didint play during internationals time. Scrapping that Anglo-Welsh thing would be a good start. Waste of time. Personally im not 100% behind Valleys Rugby although I think if a football area like Cardiff and a little west Wales town can be 'regions' then surely the Valleys are entitled to a team but id rather us just have real provinces to support like the Irish do

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu May 10, 2012 1:26 pm

gcBlues wrote:See, there's that sweet side we've been looking for, Steffy
Its 'Steffan'

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu May 10, 2012 1:27 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:So Steff do you support a specific club?
Yeah local team in Rhondda Cynon Taff. Dont really wanna give my location away on here but its in the Pontypridd area (not Ponty though)

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Thu May 10, 2012 1:30 pm

Steffan wrote:
Smirnoffpriest wrote:Interesting I thought you would have liked the Rabo as you currently want Valleys Rugby to compete in the Rabo
The Rabo could actually be good if everyone agreed to take it seriously and they didint play during internationals time. Scrapping that Anglo-Welsh thing would be a good start. Waste of time. Personally im not 100% behind Valleys Rugby although I think if a football area like Cardiff and a little west Wales town can be 'regions' then surely the Valleys are entitled to a team but id rather us just have real provinces to support like the Irish do

You mean a little Welsh town which has a bigger population than most/all Valleys towns and also attracts fans from 3 or 4 whole counties with less 'parochialism' (ie my valleys better than yours) than the Valleys?

So just so I'm clear you don't support any club and are just trying to look out for the best interests of the whole of Wales?

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu May 10, 2012 1:37 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:So just so I'm clear you don't support any club and are just trying to look out for the best interests of the whole of Wales?
That is correct my friend OK

Im looking at the big picture...not just the one thats suits my rugby backround

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Thu May 10, 2012 1:46 pm

Steffan wrote:
Smirnoffpriest wrote:So just so I'm clear you don't support any club and are just trying to look out for the best interests of the whole of Wales?

Well if that's the case you should get behind the current structure because that is what is best for development of rugby in Wales.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu May 10, 2012 1:52 pm

Morgannwg wrote:
Steffan wrote:

the current structure because that is what is best for development of rugby in Wales.
Funniest thing iv heard all day Laugh

Enjoy your delusional wonderful Welsh rugby world thumbsup

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Thu May 10, 2012 1:55 pm

The typical childs response from Steffan. I never knew being 'disenfranchised' could make somebody so envious and bitter.

Onward and upwards for Wales Very Happy.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu May 10, 2012 2:04 pm

Steffan wrote:Scrapping that Anglo-Welsh thing would be a good start. Waste of time. Personally im not 100% behind Valleys Rugby although I think if a football area like Cardiff and a little west Wales town can be 'regions' then surely the Valleys are entitled to a team but id rather us just have real provinces to support like the Irish do

You are aware that bar St. Davids (which is a city) west wales is only little towns? And the county town of the region of Wales that was called Dyfyd was Llanelli? Just curious, but have you ever ventured futher west than Swansea? Because your ignorance of a hefty chunk of the country would say that you either have not, or you are just plain deluded/arrogent about the importance of the Valleys in comparson to the rest of the nation.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu May 10, 2012 2:16 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:You are aware that bar St. Davids (which is a city) west wales is only little towns?
Yes
ScarletSpiderman wrote:And the county town of the region of Wales that was called Dyfyd was Llanelli?
Yes
ScarletSpiderman wrote:Just curious, but have you ever ventured futher west than Swansea?
Iv been going on holiday down Pembrokeshire all my life
ScarletSpiderman wrote:Because your ignorance of a hefty chunk of the country would say that you either have not, or you are just plain deluded/arrogent about the importance of the Valleys in comparson to the rest of the nation
I totally respect the Scarlets. Opening a shop in Llanelli town centre is the epitome of regionalism

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu May 10, 2012 2:22 pm

Steffan wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:Just curious, but have you ever ventured futher west than Swansea?
Iv been going on holiday dowm Pembrokshire all my life

Do you ever listen to radio Pembrokeshire when your down there, because that is a good indication of the county. And the only teams that the radio station push are the Scarlets in rugby and the Swans in football. Both teams are heavily followed by the people of the county (well footy fans follow swans, rugby fans follow scarlets). So it is a region that is based on a genuine geographic region and follow by the people of that said geographic region.

As regards the shop, the region are opening a shop in the larges population centre of the region. Surely that makes pretty good financial sense. After all if they openned it in Tegryn, Marloes, Hundleton or Bancfosfelyn that wouldn't make much sense as they wouldn't get much passing trade there.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu May 10, 2012 3:44 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Steffan wrote:
Iv been going on holiday dowm Pembrokshire all my life

As regards the shop, the region are opening a shop in the larges population centre of the region. Surely that makes pretty good financial sense. After all if they openned it in Tegryn, Marloes, Hundleton or Bancfosfelyn that wouldn't make much sense as they wouldn't get much passing trade there.

Agreed.
Opening a Scarlets rugby shop slap bang in the middle of Llanelli makes perfect sense. thumbsup

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu May 10, 2012 3:46 pm

Dai - Glad its not just me, and sorry for somehow dragging the Scarlets into a thread for slagging off the Blues.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Thu May 10, 2012 7:01 pm

I think this thread needs consigning to history since the announcement of a return to the CAP. possibly a tough season or 2 whilst they rebuild the squad but with the fan base returning it seems the aforementioned melt down was nothing more than recasting the club in a preffered mold. Good luck to them, tough decisions are rarely without problems but have to be made, the powers that be at the Blues seem to be doing what is needed to safegaurd the future of the region.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu May 10, 2012 8:26 pm

2ndtimeround wrote:I think this thread needs consigning to history since the announcement of a return to the CAP. possibly a tough season or 2 whilst they rebuild the squad but with the fan base returning it seems the aforementioned melt down was nothing more than recasting the club in a preffered mold. Good luck to them, tough decisions are rarely without problems but have to be made, the powers that be at the Blues seem to be doing what is needed to safegaurd the future of the region.

A significant and long battle has been unexpectantly won, but the war isn't over just yet, I feel.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Thu May 10, 2012 8:39 pm

2ndtimeround wrote:I think this thread needs consigning to history since the announcement of a return to the CAP. possibly a tough season or 2 whilst they rebuild the squad but with the fan base returning it seems the aforementioned melt down was nothing more than recasting the club in a preffered mold. Good luck to them, tough decisions are rarely without problems but have to be made, the powers that be at the Blues seem to be doing what is needed to safegaurd the future of the region.

They still need to make sure the fans do return and keep coming back - even if the team struggles because of the loss of players like Geth and Rhys Thomas - still good luck to them

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Thu May 10, 2012 8:43 pm

If anything this is the beginning of the new start since the 'meltdown' but to say that Blues troubles are over is a big over reaction to this news. With the players leaving and no big names coming in, I think the Blues will really struggle for results next season, and maybe for a while after that.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu May 10, 2012 8:58 pm

Artful_Dodger wrote:If anything this is the beginning of the new start since the 'meltdown' but to say that Blues troubles are over is a big over reaction to this news. With the players leaving and no big names coming in, I think the Blues will really struggle for results next season, and maybe for a while after that.

Yep and the political problems haven't gone away nor has Thomas's vice-like grip. The Sales and Marketing director has left though which is a relief.
Hopefully we'll see CAP being utilised to its full potential and investment from other interested parties. Over to you Mr Thomas.
He hasn't commented yet on recent events which is not surprising.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu May 10, 2012 9:04 pm

Would anyone care to guess what the Blues starting XV will look like by the time the Heineken Cup starts next season?
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Thu May 10, 2012 9:22 pm

Artful_Dodger wrote:If anything this is the beginning of the new start since the 'meltdown' but to say that Blues troubles are over is a big over reaction to this news. With the players leaving and no big names coming in, I think the Blues will really struggle for results next season, and maybe for a while after that.

I have changed the thread title accordingly.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Thu May 10, 2012 9:28 pm

Notch wrote:Would anyone care to guess what the Blues starting XV will look like by the time the Heineken Cup starts next season?

I'll give it a go.

1. Sam Hobbs
2. Kristian Dacey (wishful thinking perhaps)
3. Benoit Bourrust (if he signs) / Scott Andrews
4. Bradley Davies
5. Lou Reed (if he signs) / James Down
6. Michael Paterson
7. Sam Warburton
8. Andreus Pretorious
9. Lloyd Williams
10. Jason Tovey
11. Tom James
12. Jamie Roberts
13. Gavin Evans
14. Alex Cuthbert (if he stays) / Richard Mustoe (unless Robinson or Czekaj switch)
15. Leigh Halfpenny

16. Campese Ma'afu
17. Scott Williams / Godknows
18. Andi Kyriacou/Marc Breeze/Rhys Williams (hopefully Williams)
19. James Down / Cory Hill / McCauley Cook
20. Xavier Rush / Robin Copeland
21. Rhys Downes (possible Lewis Jones)
22. Ceri Sweeney (would like to see Patchell given a chance)
23. Daffydd Hewitt
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu May 10, 2012 10:25 pm

wales606 wrote:

I have changed the thread title accordingly.

Da iawn 606.

The amended title reminds me of this classic article featuring Peter Thomas, January 2011;

"Thomas firmly rejected any suggestion the cuts were a consequence of costs incurred through moving to the Cardiff City Stadium from the Arms Park.

“That is a lot of nonsense,” he said.

“If we hadn’t gone to the new stadium we would be in a far worse financial situation.

“The Arms Park is dying. It’s in decay. It’s falling apart.

“There’s no way we could compete in the modern era with the facilities available to us there.

“Our move to the new stadium was our saving grace.

“Our crowd numbers are up 30 per cent since we left the Arms Park, our turnover is up. Everything is going in the right direction.”

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/rugbynation/rugby-news/2011/01/20/blues-paying-price-of-failure-says-peter-thomas-91466-28017869/#ixzz1uVInKSUf

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu May 10, 2012 10:39 pm

Well at least you can still boast a very strong backrow and back three. Obviously whether Cuthbert stays or not makes a massive difference to the later. But Bradely Davies, Roberts, Paterson, Warburton, Halfpenny and James are all class acts.

I think Blues will rise again; that halfback pairing is quite young and promising. The front row could be shafted at first but will develop into a decent unit over time.

Have faith; Parks was NEVER the right 10 for Cardiff. Tovey could improve you immeasurably.

I don't know much about your other signings, but as an Ulster fan I can vouch for Kyriacou as a very solid all-round player at Pro12 who won't let you down. He could force his way into the starting team over time; dynamic, strong in contact and good darts. Heard good things about Copeland as well; one to watch.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Thu May 10, 2012 10:46 pm

Notch wrote:Well at least you can still boast a very strong backrow and back three. Obviously whether Cuthbert stays or not makes a massive difference to the later. But Bradely Davies, Roberts, Paterson, Warburton, Halfpenny and James are all class acts.

I think Blues will rise again; that halfback pairing is quite young and promising. The front row could be shafted at first but will develop into a decent unit over time.

Have faith; Parks was NEVER the right 10 for Cardiff. Tovey could improve you immeasurably.

I don't know much about your other signings, but as an Ulster fan I can vouch for Kyriacou as a very solid all-round player at Pro12 who won't let you down. He could force his way into the starting team over time; dynamic, strong in contact and good darts. Heard good things about Copeland as well; one to watch.

I havent seen much of Kyriacou, so its good to know he is a solid Hooker (which is what we need)

Im pretty happy with out options in the second and backrow next season - Our first choice are all outstanding players who are on form and play at a high level all year round.

The halfbacks could be very exciting, I just hope Tovey gets a good run and can avoid the injuries he has been plagued with.

The back 3 will be weaker without Blair and possibly Cuthbert, but we have some good depth there - and on form most of the combinations are deadly try scorers (hopefully Cuthbert will stay.

The problems are a weak front row (and weaker depth than last year) and we will have most of the season with 2 average centres (and Roberts doesnt really play for the Blues anymore, just collects a salary) - Without Laulaula then I really worry for our creativity behind - we may be relying on Tovey's superb tactical kicking to let our back 3 chase (pity none of them can catch :/).

If we had kept Laulaula and Gethin then things would be a lot more positive next season - as it is, our pack will be mullered in the scrum and we could lose any creativity in midfield even without Parks there.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Eclipse Fri May 11, 2012 1:04 pm

Need creativity? What about signing a free agent world class 12 with such good distribution skills that he can add an ice cube to your glass from 5 metres in turbulence whilst under the influence?

Eclipse

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Fri May 11, 2012 1:18 pm

Not liking the title, if we had melted down then surely we should be doing something better than slightly rising!!!

I will be going to my first Blues game for a few years soon, already I and about 15 guys I know are lining up our season tickets, and even considering chipping in for a city centre apartment for the year... good times!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by pharmachris Fri May 11, 2012 1:20 pm

Eclipse wrote:Need creativity? What about signing a free agent world class 12 with such good distribution skills that he can add an ice cube to your glass from 5 metres in turbulence whilst under the influence?
laughing

pharmachris

Back to top Go down

Post by Eclipse Fri May 11, 2012 1:25 pm

I reckon we'll be fighting to get in the ground next season. I and at least a dozen of my mates will be there every game. Roll on September!

Eclipse

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri May 11, 2012 1:35 pm

Eclipse wrote:I reckon we'll be fighting to get in the ground next season. I and at least a dozen of my mates will be there every game. Roll on September!

Hopefully Yahoo
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Fri May 11, 2012 1:37 pm

There were plenty of people this season V Ulster and Connacht who were turned away!

With what I'm hearing I think you'll be lucky to get in without a season ticket, unless the pieman does something stupid, realising the opportunity and goes for a big payday in his ticket pricing.

Has that been announced yet?

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri May 11, 2012 1:41 pm

That's good - lets hope the fans continue to get behind the team even if their getting mullered up front and getting poor results...

It'll take a few years to bring on a decent front row and the youngsters to fill in for the experienced players who've left

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Fri May 11, 2012 1:44 pm

Mullered up front might just happen, Borrust and Kryaicou are no mugs though, so hopefully a sured scrum may just happen.

Lets be honest the Blues scrum has been poor for years, and despite it they have played some sublime stuff, with a scrum the Blues would look excellent!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri May 11, 2012 1:46 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:Mullered up front might just happen, Borrust and Kryaicou are no mugs though, so hopefully a sured scrum may just happen.

Lets be honest the Blues scrum has been poor for years, and despite it they have played some sublime stuff, with a scrum the Blues would look excellent!

Really hope Burrust does sign - A new THP could really change things in the front row, if we can get some parity then it will allow us to use the backrow to a greater effect.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Fri May 11, 2012 1:50 pm

I'd prefer Adam Jones, but beggars can't be choosers!

I really hope we see the likes of Dacey, Hamilton and Robinson get a run this season too, theres nothing like supporting the young locals (ish)

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri May 11, 2012 1:54 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:I'd prefer Adam Jones, but beggars can't be choosers!

I really hope we see the likes of Dacey, Hamilton and Robinson get a run this season too, theres nothing like supporting the young locals (ish)

Hamilton's an import, so much so that after the match aginst the Scarlets I saw him leaving the Scarlets supporters car park. Being serious though the Blues do have a fair few youngsters that should get a decent amount of game time next season. Robinson really impressed me with what I have seen so far.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Fri May 11, 2012 1:58 pm

I know Scarlet, I've seen Hamilton play at U20's and he does nothing but wind me up at that level, but for some reason he always looked like he had potential. When we got hold of him I wasn't sure but he's made a few very good appearances so far.

There are a few good looking lads down here, but in general there always are, they just struggle to produce the goods. James, Cjecks, Andrews all looked very good when trying to break into the first team, then settled and raspberry

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri May 11, 2012 2:16 pm

I guess it is knowing that they are above the next set of players coming htrough, and are pretty safe in their position at the region. Although that said James and Czakaj have both pretty much lost their starting places for next season as I would imagine your first choice back three would be Cuthbert, Robinson, and Halfpenny, with Fish and Mustoe most likely to be the net to be called upon if one of them is unavailable. So maybe it will force those who have got complacent to pick up their game.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri May 11, 2012 2:24 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:I guess it is knowing that they are above the next set of players coming htrough, and are pretty safe in their position at the region. Although that said James and Czakaj have both pretty much lost their starting places for next season as I would imagine your first choice back three would be Cuthbert, Robinson, and Halfpenny, with Fish and Mustoe most likely to be the net to be called upon if one of them is unavailable. So maybe it will force those who have got complacent to pick up their game.

I still think James has the edge - he is our top tryscorer.

Robinson will get more time, especially if Cuthbert leaves.

Not sure about Mustoe or Czekaj, it will depend on what Davies thinks of them - he seems to like Fish though.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri May 11, 2012 2:26 pm

606 - I think if Cuthbert goes, Halfpenny will return to being a winger and Fish will be first choice fullback. Phil really seems to have a soft spot for him. Also I would expect Gavin Evans to feature pretty heavily next season, and hopefully return to the form he shown when he started out under Phil Davies (but slipping against the Scarlets please).
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri May 11, 2012 2:35 pm

Good points SS with Phil favouring Fish and Evans (and he will). Both are crap players, I'd be tempted to start Hewitt outside Roberts. That said, I'd give Owen Williams from the Sevens circuit a few runs. Him and Harry Robinson really lit up the series, they are very good attackers.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Fri May 11, 2012 2:36 pm

Not expecting anything from Evans, he is dismal!!!

Hewitt however goes through periods, sometimes looking like Evans, but then he shows a bit of nous and you think what if, then I'm mistaking him for Evans again!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri May 11, 2012 2:47 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:Not expecting anything from Evans, he is dismal!!!

Hewitt however goes through periods, sometimes looking like Evans, but then he shows a bit of nous and you think what if, then I'm mistaking him for Evans again!!!

Hewitt is really only a 12 though :/.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Mon May 14, 2012 12:11 pm

Andy Kyriacou confirmed from Ulster

http://www.cardiffblues.com/news/5851.php
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Wed May 16, 2012 12:14 pm

Alex Cuthbert has signed a 1 year contract extension at the Blues.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed May 16, 2012 12:15 pm

wales606 wrote:Alex Cuthbert has signed a 1 year contract extension at the Blues.

Only one year? Keeping his options open, or is he costing that much that one year is all the money available right now?
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Wed May 16, 2012 12:17 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
wales606 wrote:Alex Cuthbert has signed a 1 year contract extension at the Blues.

Only one year? Keeping his options open, or is he costing that much that one year is all the money available right now?

Bit of both I suppose.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed May 16, 2012 12:20 pm

Still its a good thing to see. Also I guess it will be interesting to see how well he goes into his second full season, as quite often that is when you discover if a player is actually any good or not.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed May 16, 2012 12:23 pm

clap
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next