The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cardiff Blues squad and off-field updates.

+53
BIGFASE100
munkian
pharmachris
Notch
Artful_Dodger
2ndtimeround
Cari
Steffan
red_stag
glamorganalun
RC13
slartibartfast
HammerofThunor
maestegmafia
IanBru
justified sinner
Comfort
oxring
Casartelli
Stone Motif
manofgwent
Liam
Coleman
Morgannwg
21st Century Schizoid Man
profitius
thebluesmancometh
dogtooth
ScarletSpiderman
bedfordwelsh
Cymroglan
gowales
Shifty
Kingshu
DRAGONONPARADE
Looseheaded
GavinDragon
LordDowlais
Feckless Rogue
geoff998rugby
BridgendBoyo
Smirnoffpriest
Eclipse
pioden gorllewin
XR
Welshmushroom
doctornickolas
rodders
chewed_mintie
HERSH
Cardiff Dave
formerly known as Sam
wales606
57 posters

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Cardiff Blues squad and off-field updates. - Page 17 Empty Cardiff Blues squad and off-field updates.

Post by wales606 Tue 28 Feb 2012, 11:07 am

First topic message reminder :

It appears that the following players will be leaving the Blues at the end of the season

DEPARTURE

Gavin Henson - Sacked

TRThomas - Despite being given the captaincy a few times this season, Thomas is due to leave - He is one of the players who has been excellent for us, is available all year round and we should be building a team around him. But he is off to Wasps.

Gethin Jenkins - 1 of our 4 world class players is off to Toulon

Casey Laulaula - The second centre to go, he is off to Munster, despite being available all year round.

Dan Parks is off to Connacht

Ritchie Rees is going to Edinburgh

Deniol Jones is retired

Martyn Williams is retiring

Mamma Molitika is retiring

John Yapp is leaving to go to Edinburgh

Ben Blair has apparently been offered a contract in France, at Lyon and is leaving

Jamie Roberts will miss a large part of next season through injury

Paul Tito is retiring

Ryan Tyrell is returning to Australia

Xavier Rush has retired as a player due to injury

Justin Burnell has left with immediate effect

Richard Mustoe rumoured retirement

ARRIVING AND STAYING

Xavier Rush has become the next defence coach

Jason Tovey is the only new signing of any significance announced so far, from the Dragons

Robin Copeland is confirmed from Rotherham RFC - some good reports, a replacement for Molitika

Lou Reed is signing though from the Scarlets

And Gavin Evans has signed a new 2 year contract extension...woop Shocked

Benoit Bourrust a THP from Perpignan is arriving

Fijian LHP prop Campese Ma'afu has signed from Australian side West Harbour Pirates

Hooker Andi Kyriacou is being targeted from Ulster - confirmed

Ceri Sweeney is staying with the Blues with a contract extension

Fau Filise has signed a contract extension (Probably 1 year)

A new Director of Rugby Phil Davies has joined.

Alex Cuthbert has signed a 1 year extension

Rob Lewis confirmed coming at SH from London Welsh

Deniol Jones is now team manager

Lee Jarvis has been appointed skills coach

Squad for next season

Props
Sam Hobbs
Ma'afu Campese
Benoit Bourrust
Scott Andrews
Fau Filise
Ryan Hartford
Nathan Trevett
Thomas Davies

Hookers
Andy Kyricau
Kristian Dacey
Mark Breeze
Rhys Williams

Locks
Bradley Davies
Lou Reed
James Down
Cory Hill
McCauley Cook
Matthew Screech

Backrow
Michael Paterson
Robin Copeland
Sam Warburton
Josh Navidi
Andreus Pretorious
Ellis Jenkins
Thomas Young
Luke Hamilton

Scrum Halfs
Lloyd Williams
Rob Lewis
Lewis Jones

Fly Halfs
Jason Tovey
Ceri Sweeney
Rhys Patchell

Centres
Jamie Roberts
Daffydd Hewitt
Gavin Evans
Cory Allen
Owen Williams

Back 3
Alex Cuthbert
Tom James
Leigh Halfpenny
Dan Fish
Chris Czekaj
Harry Robinson

Last edited by wales606 on Wed 25 Jul 2012, 1:18 pm; edited 32 times in total
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues squad and off-field updates. - Page 17 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues squad and off-field updates.

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 23 Jul 2012, 12:41 pm

wales606 wrote:Apparently, Richard Mustoe has had to retire through injury.

Sad to see him go, always gave 100% no matter the game, played with his heart on his sleeve.

Real shame. I always though of him as one of those who was far better than anyone would give him credit for. All the best to him for the future.

As for the Blues backs next season, I would expect Gavin Evans and Dan Fish to both get a fair amount of game time, as they are both players who Phil Davies has spoken quite highly of in the past.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues squad and off-field updates. - Page 17 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues squad and off-field updates.

Post by Smirnoffpriest Mon 23 Jul 2012, 12:55 pm

There seems a major shake up in the Blues backroom and interesting that they've kept Deinol, who was Team manager before him?

Is Martyn doing anything at the club, like an ambassadorial role?

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Mon 23 Jul 2012, 1:25 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:There seems a major shake up in the Blues backroom and interesting that they've kept Deinol, who was Team manager before him?

Is Martyn doing anything at the club, like an ambassadorial role?

I assume so, although I thought he was set for the team manager role.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Mon 23 Jul 2012, 4:27 pm

Has anyone thought maybe Martyn wants to take some time away from rugby? Does he not have an accountancy business?

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Mon 23 Jul 2012, 4:58 pm

MW said he'd like to be involved with the blues...maybe looking after the finance? Wink

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Mon 23 Jul 2012, 5:08 pm

He said he wanted to stay with the Blues
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Wed 25 Jul 2012, 1:06 pm

The Blues squad has been updated for next season

A fair few Academy players have been given contracts, including no10 Rhys Patchell who has replaced Gareth Davies in the squad as 3rd 10.

Lewis Jones, Harry Robinson, Ellis Jenkins, Owen Williams, Thomas Young, Matthew Screech, Cory Allen, McCauley Cook, Thomas Davies, Luke Hamilton and Rhys Patchell have all been given full contracts.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Wed 25 Jul 2012, 1:14 pm

Who's 2nd 10? Ceri Sweeney's off to Ponty isn't he?

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Wed 25 Jul 2012, 1:17 pm

gowales wrote:Who's 2nd 10? Ceri Sweeney's off to Ponty isn't he?

Nope, that rumour was quashed a fair while ago.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Wed 25 Jul 2012, 1:24 pm

Some good talent in that list - though they'll need Patchell to improve fast to give them a good option as back up to Tovey!

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Wed 25 Jul 2012, 1:24 pm

wales606 wrote:The Blues squad has been updated for next season

A fair few Academy players have been given contracts, including no10 Rhys Patchell who has replaced Gareth Davies in the squad as 3rd 10.

Lewis Jones, Harry Robinson, Ellis Jenkins, Owen Williams, Thomas Young, Matthew Screech, Cory Allen, McCauley Cook, Thomas Davies, Luke Hamilton and Rhys Patchell have all been given full contracts.

Excellent news. A few good players there. Patchell is pretty carp from what I have seen though, didn't get to see Gareth Davies. Cook and Hamilton are average but I would expect them to be good Blues players. Ellis Jenkins should go to no.7 where he has the right build and abilities to be a good fetcher. I'd put bigger guys at blindside.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Wed 25 Jul 2012, 1:25 pm

Jenkins, Young, Navidi and Warburton. Good list of young opensides there!

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 25 Jul 2012, 1:31 pm

Morgannwg wrote:
wales606 wrote:The Blues squad has been updated for next season

Excellent news. A few good players there. Patchell is pretty carp from what I have seen though, didn't get to see Gareth Davies. Cook and Hamilton are average but I would expect them to be good Blues players. Ellis Jenkins should go to no.7 where he has the right build and abilities to be a good fetcher. I'd put bigger guys at blindside.

Frow what I have seen Hamilton is far from average, infact he looks to be a good prospect. The ones I will be watching with interest from that list are, Harry Robinson, Thomas Young, Matthew Screech, Cory Allen and McCauley Cook. OK

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Wed 25 Jul 2012, 1:40 pm

I've been very impressed with both Cook and Hamilton when I've seen them, Hamilton certainly looked at home when he played for the Blues last season.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Wed 25 Jul 2012, 1:43 pm

Hill and Hamilton both look ready to step up.

Cook looks good, but is perhaps still a bit lightweight for the second row, although he is very quick.

At the moment, I would expect Hamilton, Allen and perhaps Cook to get Wales caps. Will have to see more of Screech, Patchell and Jenkins though.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Wed 25 Jul 2012, 2:32 pm

I'm with Morg on this one. I haven't been that impressed by Cook and Hamilton, sure Hamilton played reasonably well in a few dud matches towards the end of the season but i don't think he has what it takes skill wise or physically to be anything more than a solid regional player.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Thu 26 Jul 2012, 10:46 am

With Mustoe possibly retired and Cuthbert, Halfpenny and Robinson away with Wales for large parts of the season - we could actually be SHORT of back 3 players.

Thats a new one

11. James
14. Czekaj (never seen him at 14 though)
15. Fish

Then we are on to the Academy players, and we don't really have many wingers there.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Thu 26 Jul 2012, 12:10 pm

I think with the return of Stoddart for the scarlets (dependant on form) we wont see Robinson away with Wales so much next season.

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Thu 26 Jul 2012, 12:12 pm

It'll take awhile for Stodds to get upto speed and be injury free, so I'd be (pleaseantly) suprised to see him in the 6Ns squad.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Thu 26 Jul 2012, 12:54 pm

Very suprised

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Thu 26 Jul 2012, 2:38 pm

Robinson may be released for Blues games, but I expect he will still be in the squad, which means we will be losing an entire back 3 during international windows.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Thu 26 Jul 2012, 2:46 pm

wales606 wrote:Robinson may be released for Blues games, but I expect he will still be in the squad, which means we will be losing an entire back 3 during international windows.

Join the club Wink

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Thu 26 Jul 2012, 2:48 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:
wales606 wrote:Robinson may be released for Blues games, but I expect he will still be in the squad, which means we will be losing an entire back 3 during international windows.

Join the club Wink

Don't think the Scarlets have lost all 3 - North and Williams, or North and Stoddart. You just lose 4 centres.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Thu 26 Jul 2012, 3:07 pm

Well we will in the 2013/14 season I'm sure when we loose Stodds, Liam and North (unless Prydie shows a lot of form).

We could well loose our halfbacks as well as our centres as well...

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Thu 26 Jul 2012, 3:24 pm

Sale, Toulon and Montpellier. Two away games in France. Hmmm, could be a tough group. Backing the lads to come through though!

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 26 Jul 2012, 3:30 pm

Coleman wrote:Sale, Toulon and Montpellier. Two away games in France. Hmmm, could be a tough group. Backing the lads to come through though!

Considering the Blues are top seeds in the group, that seems a pretty hard group. I think it will either be go through into the QF as 6th qualifiers or miss out on even the Amlin.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Thu 26 Jul 2012, 4:41 pm

I think at home we will win all of our games. We should have a good home ground atmosphere, we have beat Toulon in France before but they are different teams now. Sale wont be push overs either as they have recruited strongly. Exciting group to watch i think.

Last edited by Coleman on Thu 26 Jul 2012, 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Thu 26 Jul 2012, 4:46 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:Well we will in the 2013/14 season I'm sure when we loose Stodds, Liam and North (unless Prydie shows a lot of form).

We could lose our halfbacks too, and unlike the Scarlets, we normally lose a couple of forwards too Cardiff Blues squad and off-field updates. - Page 17 Smiley-taunt014
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Janecory Thu 26 Jul 2012, 4:53 pm

wales606 wrote:
Smirnoffpriest wrote:Well we will in the 2013/14 season I'm sure when we loose Stodds, Liam and North (unless Prydie shows a lot of form).

We could lose our halfbacks too. Cardiff Blues squad and off-field updates. - Page 17 Smiley-taunt014
Agree, one of the reasons we should have kept Richie Rees !
Bad management from Baber !

Janecory

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Thu 26 Jul 2012, 5:03 pm

Janecory wrote:
wales606 wrote:

We could lose our halfbacks too. Cardiff Blues squad and off-field updates. - Page 17 Smiley-taunt014
Agree, one of the reasons we should have kept Richie Rees !
Bad management from Baber !

Peter Thomas offered him a reduced deal, and him and Baber didn't get on at all. Poor from the Blues, but what do you expect, at least Holland is competent and seems to be behind all the good things happening off the pitch.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Tue 31 Jul 2012, 2:07 pm

Blues squad for pre-season tour of South Africa

Forwards: Andi Kyriacou, Andries Pretorius, Benoit Bourrust, Jake Cooper-Woolley, James Down, Josh Navidi, Lou Reed, Macauley Cook, Marc Breeze, Nathan Trevett, Robin Copeland, Rory Watts-Jones, Scott Andrews, Thomas Young.

Backs: Ceri Sweeney, Chris Czekaj, Dafydd Hewitt, Dan Fish, Gareth Davies, Gavin Evans, Jamie Roberts, Jason Tovey, Lewis Jones, Owen Williams, Rhys Patchell, Robert Lewis, Tom James.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 31 Jul 2012, 2:13 pm

wales606 wrote:Blues squad for pre-season tour of South Africa

Forwards: Andi Kyriacou, Andries Pretorius, Benoit Bourrust, Jake Cooper-Woolley, James Down, Josh Navidi, Lou Reed, Macauley Cook, Marc Breeze, Nathan Trevett, Robin Copeland, Rory Watts-Jones, Scott Andrews, Thomas Young.

Backs: Ceri Sweeney, Chris Czekaj, Dafydd Hewitt, Dan Fish, Gareth Davies, Gavin Evans, Jamie Roberts, Jason Tovey, Lewis Jones, Owen Williams, Rhys Patchell, Robert Lewis, Tom James.

Aggghhh that just looks wrong!!

So that will be most likely

Fish
James
Evans
Hewitt
Czekaj
Tovey
(Not sure)

Bourrust
Kyraicou
Andrews
Reed
Down
Copeland
Navidi
Pretorious

ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Tue 31 Jul 2012, 2:17 pm

None of the international or U20 players have been considered, Roberts is still injured, but travels anyway.

Other injured players are not included (Sam Hobbs?)

Jake Cooper-Wolley is the Cardiff Uni captain, who we can assume will be named in the Blues academy squad for next season.

Rory Watts-Jones is a new signing at flanker for Cardiff RFC, it may be that he has an academy contract with the Blues too.

It also looks like Dan Fish is back in favour

Also, why are there 4 Fly-halfs? (Tovey, Davies, Sweeney, Patchell???)

Possible team

1. Jake Cooper-Wolley
2. Andy Kyriacou
3. Benoit Bourrust
4. Lou Reed
5. James Down
6. Robin Copeland
7. Josh Navidi
8. Andries Pretorious
9. Rob Lewis
10. Jason Tovey
11. Tom James
12. Dafydd Hewitt
13. Gavin Evans
14. Chris Czekaj
15. Dan Fish

16. Marc Breeze
17. Nathan Trevett
18. Scott Andrews
19. Macauley Cook
20. Thomas Young
21. Lewis Jones
22. Ceri Sweeney
23. Owen Williams
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Tue 31 Jul 2012, 2:19 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
wales606 wrote:Blues squad for pre-season tour of South Africa

Aggghhh that just looks wrong!!

Cardiff Blues squad and off-field updates. - Page 17 Smiley-taunt014
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Tue 31 Jul 2012, 3:03 pm

Bit gutted that the game in SA wont be televised or streamed. Would be nice to watch that. Was excited for the Warriors game but cant make it.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Thu 02 Aug 2012, 11:04 am

There has been a cap placed on Season Tickets. Only 500 left. I assume that they have sold a fair amount so they're capping them to reserve seating for walk up spectators on the day.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Thu 02 Aug 2012, 11:23 am

I think the cap is 3000...

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Thu 02 Aug 2012, 12:50 pm

They are only selling 1/4 of the capacity - so 3,000

Seems a very bizzare decision, why sell 3,000 when they could probably sell 5,000 - since most current season ticket holders wait until now to buy their tickets (so the people that are missing out are those who have been their regular customers!)

I have to assume that Holland knows what he is doing, but combined with the fact that season tickets are not being sent out until the 13th August despite the 11th of August pre-season game against Worcester supposedly included in season ticket price - it all seems poor (although there has always been similar problems with the Blues season tickets and they have always been the last sent out of all the regions)

I really hope they know what they are doing, I would like to have 5,000 turning up with season tickets every week, since with a few bad performances like this season we could end up with a half full stadium with only 3,000 showing up with their season tickets.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 02 Aug 2012, 1:35 pm

606 - I was thinking the same thing about capping the season tickets to anything less than 50%-75% capacity (but didn't wanna raise the question as a non-blues fan). The reason I can think of is that the season ticket deal would not generate enough/as much income as selling the remaining season to walk-up/away fans, as the ticekts are usually atleast 25% more expensive than compared to per-match price of a season ticket.

The other thing I can think of as a reason for a season ticket cap is to build up a waiting list etc over time, making them more hard to get hold of and then they can raise the cost as they will be a more premium commodity. But that seems to be a bit of a long game attitude for any of the regions to take.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Thu 02 Aug 2012, 2:25 pm

But you will only get a good amount of walk up fans if the you can guarentee that the stadium will be over half full for almost every game, and how can you do that if you've only sold a quarter of your seats to season ticket holders.

As SS says a few bad results, which could well happen as a new front row beds in, or if they aren't as good as expected, then before you can right it you lose your internationals to the AIs.

It's a dangerous game.

WAles606 can you pick up your season tickets from the CAP? seeing as it's in town, it could be easier for lots of people working/living in town to do that.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Thu 02 Aug 2012, 5:24 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:But you will only get a good amount of walk up fans if the you can guarentee that the stadium will be over half full for almost every game, and how can you do that if you've only sold a quarter of your seats to season ticket holders.

As SS says a few bad results, which could well happen as a new front row beds in, or if they aren't as good as expected, then before you can right it you lose your internationals to the AIs.

It's a dangerous game.

WAles606 can you pick up your season tickets from the CAP? seeing as it's in town, it could be easier for lots of people working/living in town to do that.

I haven't got a season ticket, i'm not living in Cardiff anymore - I just saw the announcement on the Blues website.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri 03 Aug 2012, 12:07 pm

Phil Davies has made his first Cardiff Blues team selection that will see them take on the Toyota Free State Cheetahs on Saturday
The game will be played in memory of Sir George Grey and will be played in Grey College in Bloemfontein.
Speaking from South Africa, Davies said, "The players have worked very hard this week."

"We have undertaken seven sessions in total and the aim has been to lay down some of our team organisational structures."

"I'm pleased we have achieved this."

"There is still a lot to do; however, we are ready to play our first game."

"The only injury we have picked up is to Marc Breeze who has a slight knee problem and because it's early in pre-season we may not risk him.

"Scott Andrews will take over if we have a problem at hooker during the game."

"The rest of the squad is in good spirits and feeling sharp."

"I have made sure that all the players who have travelled will get game time as that's important this time of year."

The match is not televised but a match report will appear on www.cardiffblues.com

Toyota Free State Cheetahs v Cardiff Blues
Sir George Grey Cup Saturday 4 August 2012, Kick-off: 3.00pm

Cardiff Blues

First Half

15. Jason Tovey 14. Tom James 13. Owen Williams 12. Dafydd Hewitt 11. Chris Czekaj 10. Rhys Patchell 9. Lewis Jones

1. Nathan Trevett 2. Andi Kyriacou 3. Benoit Bourrust 4. Macauley Cook 5. James Down 6. Robin Copeland 7. Josh Navidi 8. Andries Pretorius (Captain)

Second Half

15. Daniel Fish 14. Tom James 13. Gavin Evans 12. Gareth Davies 11. Chris Czekaj 10. Ceri Sweeney 9. Robert Lewis

1. Jake Cooper-Woolley 2. Marc Breeze 3. Scott Andrews 4. Macauley Cook 5. Lou Reed 6. Rory Watts-Jones 7. Thomas Young 8. Andries Pretorius (Captain)

Toyota Free State Cheetahs

15 Hennie Daniller 14 Philip Snyman 13 Robert Ebersohn 12 Barry Geel 11 Cameron Jacobs 10 Riaan Smit 9 Piet Van Zyl

8 Davon Raubenheimer 7 Pieter Labuschagne 6 Kabamba Floors 5 Izak Van der Westhuizen 4 Andries Ferreira 3 Marcel Van der Merwe 2 Adriaan Strauss (C)1 Trevor Nyakane

16 Hercu Liebenberg 17 Ross Geldenhuys 18 Waltie Vermeulen 19 Frans Viljoen
20 Sarel Pretorius 21 Sias Ebersohn 22 Andries Strauss

Seems strange to play Tovey at FB, even if he hasn't played for ages, I hope we don't get further selection mistakes this season. Good to see Patchell getting a chance though.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 03 Aug 2012, 1:18 pm

I see Wales 606, no worries, it would seem strange not to let people pick up the tickets from such a central location - unless they are that behind with the admin they haven't organised and printed them yet.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 03 Aug 2012, 1:20 pm

As you say it does seem really strange to play your expected 1st choice 10 at 15 in his 1st game when you have Czekaj and Fish in the squad, and can't Owen Williams play FB?

I also though James was an 11 not a 14 (not that it makes a massive difference).

Seems strange to only take 2 hookers with you as well

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 03 Aug 2012, 1:23 pm

Was Tovey signed before Phil Davies? Maybe Phil doesn't see him as a fly half, even though we all do. It is possible that Tovey may play fullback for the Blues and not fly half at all. I hope not though.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 03 Aug 2012, 1:24 pm

But if Tovey doesn't play at FH then that leaves the Blues with .... err.... (prepare for Shock and Awe).... SWEENEY!

Shocked

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 03 Aug 2012, 1:26 pm

Smirnoff - we are talking about Phil Davies here, after all he rated Rob Higgit as a midfield general, so I think he may well rate Sweeney for his defensive work.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 03 Aug 2012, 1:27 pm

If he does then it'll be good night for the Blues...

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri 03 Aug 2012, 1:36 pm

Agree, but im sure Tovey will force himself in there, especially if Fish impresses - and we have Halfpenny at FB.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 03 Aug 2012, 1:51 pm

And Tovey would have to be playing really bad to not get the 10 shirt with the little competition, where as like Wales606 says the Blues have Halfpenny, Fish & Czekaj all competing for the 15 shirt.

Wales 606 do you think Owen Williams and Allen will get a lot of gametime at centre this year?

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next