The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Perspective!!! - Bruno would rule the Brit scene If he was around now!!!!

+7
Imperial Ghosty
Nico the gman
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Herman Jaeger
Super D Boon
ShahenshahG
TRUSSMAN66
11 posters

Go down

Perspective!!! - Bruno would rule the Brit scene If he was around now!!!! Empty Perspective!!! - Bruno would rule the Brit scene If he was around now!!!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:05 am

I like Price!!..think he's good but I don't see him coping with Bruno's jab and power too well as he isn't that defensively sound.... and I'd fancy Bruno knocking him out!!!...Lewis had a torrid time with Frank but managed to outstay him!!! Not sure Price would!!

Don't like Fury!! and he'd get blown away!!!

Haye is quality!! but a better Cruiser!!! I think If he bottled against (W) Vlad..... he'd probably bottle against Frank's power...

Funny thing isn't it...Bruno was a laughing stock of sorts and yet he'd be the best around now...For me anyway!!!!

Also in a way a back handed slap to the Klitsys........I mean I rate Price higher than anything they've beaten bar Haye!!

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Perspective!!! - Bruno would rule the Brit scene If he was around now!!!! Empty Re: Perspective!!! - Bruno would rule the Brit scene If he was around now!!!!

Post by ShahenshahG Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:10 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I like Price!!..think he's good but I don't see him coping with Bruno's jab and power too well as he isn't that defensively sound.... and I'd fancy Bruno knocking him out!!!...Lewis had a torrid time with Frank but managed to outstay him!!! Not sure Price would!!

Don't like Fury!! and he'd get blown away!!!

Haye is quality!! but a better Cruiser!!! I think If he bottled against (W) Vlad..... he'd probably bottle against Frank's power...
Funny thing isn't it...Bruno was a laughing stock of sorts and yet he'd be the best around now...For me anyway!!!!

Also in a way a back handed slap to the Klitsys........I mean I rate Price higher than anything they've beaten bar Haye!!

That should get waingro out from the rock he is hiding under Laugh I think thats a given, especially since Haye has probably got worse stamina than ol Frank and doesnt throw enough to tire frank out. I think Frank beats everyone easily except chisora, who makes it a bit difficult for frank down the stretch on the way to a UD loss.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Perspective!!! - Bruno would rule the Brit scene If he was around now!!!! Empty Re: Perspective!!! - Bruno would rule the Brit scene If he was around now!!!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:14 am

Could be right Shah......Chisora's durability could be an important factor..

Wouldn't be busy enough though....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:17 am

I know but he charges in headfirst and could push frank - who as strong as he was, gets tired when he has to use it. Also not great at clinching.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:18 am

Bruno was an overrated boxer who capitalised on the British liking for dopey and thick heavyweights.

How you could think Bruno would do well against the K's is strange given he got blotted out against the best lard tubs the 80s had to offer, Witherspoon, Smith come on! Laugh Then we have being obliterated twice against Tyson and getting caught against a lazy Lewis who decided when it was time to stop carrying him for a few rounds and get his the hell outta there!

Bruno got lucky just hanging on against an Oliver McCall who'd just raided Keith Richards' medicine cabinet.

Bruno wasn't much cop and only beat a few reasonable names way past their best. OK

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:20 am

Er , he said brit fighter - brit scene, nowhere does he state that he beats the Klitschkos.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:22 am

Well to say the K's have beaten no-one better than Price yet Price would not live with Bruno is kinda bigging up Bruno's chances against Ks don't ya think?

Analyse man analyse!

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:26 am

Don't tell me what I was doing or thinking!!....

You jumped in and got egg on your face......end of..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:33 am

"I like Price!!..think he's good but I don't see him coping with Bruno's jab and power too well as he isn't that defensively sound.... and I'd fancy Bruno knocking him out!!!..."

"Also in a way a back handed slap to the Klitsys........I mean I rate Price higher than anything they've beaten bar Haye!!"

These statements imply Bruno would do better against the Ks than anyone else have ever done.

Man you're not that subtle!

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:37 am

Bruno was very dangerous for two rounds, but the zip had normally gone out of his punches after four rounds.

I'd be confident Chisora would beat Bruno if he got past the early stages. And Dereck does have a good chin. He's never tasted a Bruno right though. But it's Chisora for me. Fury Bruno would be fun while it lasted. Both susceptible to the right hand. Both possessing a nice right hand. Harder to call this one, but I just might go for Fury's extra reach to do the job. Lights out if Frank lands though.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:39 am

Styles make fights!!!!!!

Quit while you're behind...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:06 am

Chisora beats Bruno 9 times out of 10 imo. Bruno was a big puncher but I think his 38 knockouts in 40 wins is a bit flattering if you look at the competition. Chisora isn't world class, but the guy can take a punch. Vitali, helenius and Fury are all big guys and vitali can really bang yet he never really looked in trouble. After 6 rounds, Bruno will struggle with Derek's pressure and body shots. Derek would also have weight advantage and if he can push helenius and vitali around he would push Bruno around also. He isn't a big puncher though so it may take a while but every loss on bruno's record was a stoppage

Price, its too early to judge. He has the reputation of being chinny based purely on his amateur days. It's unfair imo to judge him. Lewis was pretty chinny also and Bruno didn't dent him

All the others get beat and haye isn't included as he is retired and hopefully stays retired.

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:31 am

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:Chisora beats Bruno 9 times out of 10 imo. Bruno was a big puncher but I think his 38 knockouts in 40 wins is a bit flattering if you look at the competition. Chisora isn't world class, but the guy can take a punch. Vitali, helenius and Fury are all big guys and vitali can really bang yet he never really looked in trouble. After 6 rounds, Bruno will struggle with Derek's pressure and body shots. Derek would also have weight advantage and if he can push helenius and vitali around he would push Bruno around also. He isn't a big puncher though so it may take a while but every loss on bruno's record was a stoppage

Price, its too early to judge. He has the reputation of being chinny based purely on his amateur days. It's unfair imo to judge him. Lewis was pretty chinny also and Bruno didn't dent him

All the others get beat and haye isn't included as he is retired and hopefully stays retired.
Lewis was pretty chinny,got ko'd twice in his career,Holyfield,Tua,Mercer,Bruno failed as did Vitali fighting a well past it Lewis,can't agree with you at all with that opinion.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:43 am

Vitali can't bang as you put it, men like Tyson, Lewis and even Bruno himself could bang, men capable of taking a man out with one punch not someone who has to grind an opponent down round after round. Bruno whether you like him or not would be a step up for the Klitschkos and a fairly decent step up at that.

Lewis might have been Ko'd twice but they were the only two knockdowns he ever suffered having faced and taken punches from some fairly big punchers don't personally think that constitutes being chinny.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:08 am

Nico is not making the case that Rahman and mccall had more power than Bruno???

surely...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:20 am

Bruno's loses were all to current or future world champions- Chisora lost to Fury.'nuff said imo.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:31 pm

Bruno would be the top British heavyweight in most times, with the obvious exception of when Lewis was around. He used what he had well, had real power and was a threat to anyone. Underrated now because people look at his personality not his record.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:33 pm

Bruno would be the top British heavyweight in most times, with the obvious exception of when Lewis was around. He used what he had well, had real power and was a threat to anyone. Underrated now because people look at his personality not his record.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:39 pm

Actually I think I'm in the Chisora would beat Bruno camp as well. Bruno was slow and robotic, granted he could pack a wallop but as someone said his competition was generally not very good and so knocking over clowns like Chuck Gardener doesn't really count in my mind.

Chisora is the more rounded boxer, good inside game, good rough house tactics, whereas Bruno was a bit too cumbersome and deliberate, had good technique but was slow and not much of a fighter. Bruno would have the nudge in power over Chis definitely but as has been stated Dereck can take a dig okay and Bruno's power never really translated as anything more than fair against higher level opposition.

Anyway bleating about Chisora losing to Fury is unfair given the state of Del Boy that evening. He's proven he can perform at world level if he stays away from Greggs.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:49 pm

Super D Boon wrote:Actually I think I'm in the Chisora would beat Bruno camp as well. Bruno was slow and robotic, granted he could pack a wallop but as someone said his competition was generally not very good and so knocking over clowns like Chuck Gardener doesn't really count in my mind.

Chisora is the more rounded boxer, good inside game, good rough house tactics, whereas Bruno was a bit too cumbersome and deliberate, had good technique but was slow and not much of a fighter. Bruno would have the nudge in power over Chis definitely but as has been stated Dereck can take a dig okay and Bruno's power never really translated as anything more than fair against higher level opposition.

Anyway bleating about Chisora losing to Fury is unfair given the state of Del Boy that evening. He's proven he can perform at world level if he stays away from Greggs.

Is Fury world class now?!!? Erm

Bruno early in his career was far from slow! But as his muscle mass increased, his speed and stamina dwindled. With the right trainer, some one who have kept him away from the weights, he would be held in much higher regard IMO. An early Bruno would spank Chisora everywhere.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:10 pm

Absolutely he outjabbed Lewis until he got knackered....Chisora would have a torrid time early..getting past the jab and the power...

Plus the rabbit punching frank was renowned for... Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:32 pm

Got to remember Bruno was well handled, they had to be very careful with him. Ultimately he did come up short(always gallantly,) everytime he faced quality. That's not to say he hadn't matured into a quite competent fighter by the time he faced Lewis.

More I think about it, if Fury were to go in with a gameplan and box sensibly the first few rounds, he might take over as Frank would tire. Saw Frank live a couple of times so no agenda against him. Always quietly wanted him to win a title. These predictions are only tentative of course and whose to say Frank wouldn't whup the pair of them. But I do think these two lads would have done ok in the eighties. Chisora Witherspoon. Would anyone give Chisora a chance with Witherspoon one wonders. That's a harder call for me.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:55 pm

Fury Box ????? Rolling Eyes

Sorry Herman he's a slob with no idea..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:00 am

Can see the rarest of outcomes with regards to Bruno-Chisora; a points win for big Frank. But an emphatic or at least clear one, though. The only chance Del Boy's got is if he survives until the championship rounds and throws a wild, wild haymaker and a desperate flurry on the chin of a very tired Bruno. Even though, I have little doubt that he'd still be behind on all cards even if this scenario did unfold.

I think Chisora is a little too reliant on coming forward and forcing the other man back. The problem is, he's not particularly elusive, doesn't move his head after four or five rounds and, while he's a decent puncher, he's not really the sort of hitter who can devastate with a single blow, even against a slightly questionable pair of whiskers like Bruno's (although it was a lack of survival instincts more than anything which contributed to Bruno's bigger fights often going jubblies up).

I think Bruno, boxing with authority, has Chisora's head snapping back and forth with alarming frequency thanks to that ramrod jab in the early stages. Despite his showing against Vitali, I'm not yet convinced that Chisora can pressure for three minutes of every round against a top opponent at their physical prime, either, and he's perhaps not a good enough finisher to end the show even if he does catch Frank flush a couple of times late on. I'd fancy Chisora's impressive chin to keep him in it until the end, though.

Bruno on the cards, something like 117-111.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:02 am

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
Super D Boon wrote:Actually I think I'm in the Chisora would beat Bruno camp as well. Bruno was slow and robotic, granted he could pack a wallop but as someone said his competition was generally not very good and so knocking over clowns like Chuck Gardener doesn't really count in my mind.

Is Fury world class now?!!? Erm

Bruno early in his career was far from slow! But as his muscle mass increased, his speed and stamina dwindled. With the right trainer, some one who have kept him away from the weights, he would be held in much higher regard IMO. An early Bruno would spank Chisora everywhere.

Where exactly did I say Fury was World class?

I said that Fury was a bad night for Chisora but since then Del Boy has taken his career seriously and come to fight in decent shape. Shame Chisora won;t be able to right the wrong against the caravaner dur to his license issues.

And who was this Bruno who had good stamina?? Never heard that one. He did about 6 decent rounds and was panting thereafter.

Also never saw Bruno deal out too much trouble to Lewis in fairness. LL got a bit sloppy at some points but he was hardly being schooled as a lot of anti-Lewis fans like to make out. The way I remember it Lewis said enough was enough and just sparked him at will.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:28 am

"schooling him like anti-Lewis fans like to make out"..

"The way I saw it Lewis said enough was enough and sparked the guy out!"

Kind of a bit like Harold Shipman saying he hated serial killers!!!! Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down