The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Important - Please Read

+68
Bull
hogey
Fernando
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Eyetoldyouso
two_ton
10 - 1 - 1
spencerclarke
fearlessBamber
Pal Joey
Fists of Fury
Jim Sting
The General
Haito
Neutral Corner
milkyboy
ONETWOFOREVER
Il Gialloblu
Melkor
6oldenbhoy
J.Benson II
Herman Jaeger
joeyjojo618
Dr Gregory House MD
Josef K.
PPVxHOTTY
horizontalhero
rapidringsroad
tcribb
skimpton
BoxingFan88
jimdig
Strongback
Steffan
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
RANDY77
no-mas
paperbag_puncher
Sugar Floyd Louis
Gaz_Mac
compelling and rich
Nico the gman
The Galveston Giant
The Boss
bellchees
manos de piedra
Qoxiivi
KingMonkey
superflyweight
Valero's Conscience
Soldier_Of_Fortune
OasisBFC
Rowley
sodhat
hampo17
Seanusarrilius
as1079
88Chris05
ShahenshahG
JabMachineMK2
Daz
TopHat24/7
School Project
Imperial Ghosty
Mind the windows Tino.
John Bloody Wayne
azania
Adam D
72 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Important - Please Read Empty Important - Please Read

Post by Adam D Fri 11 May 2012, 3:49 pm

Dear members,

As most of you will know, over the last few months, Humanwindmill has been taking a break from these boards.

It is with great sadness that I am now having to write this message to let you know why.

since we set up this board in Jan 2011, Simon and I have become very close. During this time he let myself and a few others know that he had been very ill. Due to his own request for privacy on the matter, we respected his wishes and did not inform the board of the situation. To all intent and purposes, we carried on as usual knwoing that at any time, the worst could happen.

Since the turn of the year, Simons condition has got worse, culminating in him taking the recent hiatus from the board, to allow him to spend time with his family. During this time, Rowley and myself have been in contact with him regularly to monitor the situation and more importantly to see how he wanted any information released.

He is still adamant that he doesnt want a fuss made but Rowley and I have convinced him to let us tell you the members, the gravity of the situation. We are fully aware that most of you have come to consider Simon a friend or at the very least respect his immense knowledge and even handedness in moderating. He has reluctantly agreed - and do not take that as a slight on any of you - the reluctance is due to him wanting minimum fuss made and for the announcement to not overcloud the section.

This announcement is here to keep you informed of his absence and to give you a chance to leave him any messages. He has stated his intention to return to the board next week, condition permitting.

He has also asked that this message is not left on the boxing section for any length of time, as he doesnt want to be the focus of the discussion. And I think that this request sums up sImon the best - he is always thinking of whats best for others and never himself, something that he has shown time and time again over the last 18 months.

On that note, this message will be removed from the boxing section and placed in the general announcement section on Monday.

Final word from me on the matter - I would like to say thank you to Simon for everything that he has done for the board and for me personally. On a v2 point of view, he has driven the section to become what it is today and what has been commended in the forum thread - a place firstly for boxing discussion without the nonsense that comes with other forums. If man was shaped in the form of God, the 606v2 Boxing section was formed in the shape of Simon.

On a personal note, I would like to thank Simon for being who he is. Its not very often that you can make friends with people you havent physically met, but I would consider simon to be one of those. In the face of adversity, he has always remained true to his morals and personality. And for that, I cannot thank him enough.

To the Human Windmill - These may be the final rounds of this fight but this one is going down in history.

Please note that as this is a personal matter, we wont be answering any questions about anything that would be of a private nature, so please dont ask. Windy will hopefully be on the board next week and may or may not give further info. He may decide to talk about boxing only - let's all respect his wishes.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Important - Please Read Empty Re: Important - Please Read

Post by azania Fri 11 May 2012, 3:52 pm

As far as I am concerned, he is the best thing to happen on v2. Wish him all the very best and ask him to come back as I miss winding him up.

To Windy notworthy

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri 11 May 2012, 3:54 pm

Ever since first reading these forums, HumanWindmill has always been the contibutor everyone else looks up to. Not just his immense knowledge on the sport, but also his ability to put out wum fires with his left hand smite trolls with his right.

It might sound odd coming from a stranger, but best wishes to Human Windmill. The 606 GOAT.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 11 May 2012, 3:57 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:
It might sound odd coming from a stranger, but best wishes to Human Windmill. The 606 GOAT.

+ 1

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 11 May 2012, 4:02 pm

Best wishes to a 606 legend.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Fri 11 May 2012, 4:02 pm

Windy is a true gent and reading that post made my heart sink. As strange as it sounds, you really do get the sense of community on this board, which is why I always come back... Windy was one of those who kept that community alive.

I wish him all the best.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 11 May 2012, 4:04 pm

Hear, hear, re all of the above comments.

Don't think there's ever been a poster and/or mod as universally loved or respected as Mr Windmill.

Cheers Ale

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Fri 11 May 2012, 4:11 pm

All the best Windy! You are a 606 Legend.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Fri 11 May 2012, 4:12 pm

Best wishes Windy, you're made of stern stuff I can't imagine you being down for long.

So much respect for Windy, his level knowledge and contribution is easily among the highest if not the highest of the members that frequent the place.

Here's to a speedy recovery mate

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 11 May 2012, 4:13 pm

Gutted. Best of Wishes Windy. Echo all sentiments already expressed and ones yet to be expressed

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 11 May 2012, 4:16 pm

Very sobering to read this, and saddening even more so.

Be it on the old BBC 606 or this new, improved site, I think Windy has been without doubt the most admired and respected poster when it comes to boxing; first off, for his encyclopedia-like knowledge of the sport, but also for his amiable disposition, his sharp wit and his role in both moderating and helping the site to grow.

Adam's points about being able to respect and feel a genuine fondness towards a human being you've never met or even seen a picture of are really ringing true right now. And Adam is equally bang on the money when he points out that wanting as little fuss as possible is typical Windy - in spite of all the acclaim he's received from us all, I don't think he's ever written a post which could be portrayed or interpreted as anything other than fair, thought-out and, most of the time, simply right from all angles.

Anyway, if you get to read this Windy, I'd just like to express my gratitude for everything I've learned from you about this beautiful sport, every exchange we've ever had, every idea you've put forward (all of which have been key to the development of 606v2) and a host of other things. And more importatly, of course, I'd like to wish you the very best and say that I will sincerely be hoping that you can return to 606v2 in the future. It's been an absolute pleasure, mate.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by as1079 Fri 11 May 2012, 4:17 pm

Would also like to echo all of the above. Been reading these boards for a long time and always been astonished by Windy's knowledge.

as1079

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 11 May 2012, 4:19 pm

Can only echo the sentiment of the others. True gent, genuine guy and I am saddened to my core to hear of any personal suffering he is enduring. My thoughts are with you Windy. Class act.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 11 May 2012, 4:20 pm

88Chris05 wrote:Very sobering to read this, and saddening even more so.

Be it on the old BBC 606 or this new, improved site, I think Windy has been without doubt the most admired and respected poster when it comes to boxing; first off, for his encyclopedia-like knowledge of the sport, but also for his amiable disposition, his sharp wit and his role in both moderating and helping the site to grow.

Adam's points about being able to respect and feel a genuine fondness towards a human being you've never met or even seen a picture of are really ringing true right now. And Adam is equally bang on the money when he points out that wanting as little fuss as possible is typical Windy - in spite of all the acclaim he's received from us all, I don't think he's ever written a post which could be portrayed or interpreted as anything other than fair, thought-out and, most of the time, simply right from all angles.

Anyway, if you get to read this Windy, I'd just like to express my gratitude for everything I've learned from you about this beautiful sport, every exchange we've ever had, every idea you've put forward (all of which have been key to the development of 606v2) and a host of other things. And more importatly, of course, I'd like to wish you the very best and say that I will sincerely be hoping that you can return to 606v2 in the future. It's been an absolute pleasure, mate.

clap precisely how I feel Chris.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri 11 May 2012, 4:24 pm

Wishing him all the best!

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 11 May 2012, 4:25 pm

A great guy, unfailingly polite, humble and knowledgeable

All the best

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 11 May 2012, 4:28 pm

Were it not for the fact I am a Yorkshireman and we only cry at the end of Kes when their Judd kills his bird there would be a danger of me filling up with both the news and the responses, the news manages to upset me, what was truly remarkable for me was when he initially told me his primary concern was how the additional workload the other mods would have to endure in his absence would impact on the forum which tells you everything you need to know about the man.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Fri 11 May 2012, 4:31 pm

xxx

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 11 May 2012, 4:31 pm

rowley wrote:Were it not for the fact I am a Yorkshireman and we only cry at the end of Kes when their Judd kills his bird there would be a danger of me filling up with both the news and the responses, the news manages to upset me, what was truly remarkable for me was when he initially told me his primary concern was how the additional workload the other mods would have to endure in his absence would impact on the forum which tells you everything you need to know about the man.

Jeez, I am welling up. You just knew that when the likes of Windy comes on the board the level of discussion perks up immediatley. He was liek one of those rare school teachers no one wants to dissapoint. Take last week (or week before) for instance, when I was being a misery, on pops Windy and everybody is chummy again. I actually told Steffan I loved him, and in that moment - it was true. Haha.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 11 May 2012, 4:42 pm

Very sad to hear. He has helped me on here with a few issues which I am very grateful about. And as others have alluded to, his vast knowledge of boxing and fair modding has probably prevented a few users jumping ship!

Get well soon

SoF

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 11 May 2012, 4:50 pm

I can't add to what the above have said, sad news and wishing Windmill all the very best.

Windy = 1st time 606 HoF

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 11 May 2012, 4:50 pm

An absolute gent who was truly missed by all when he disappeared from the original 606 website and his recent absence from these boards has been keenly felt. It goes without saying that his knowledge is second to none but he's also a genuinely nice chap with a great sesse of humour.

Hopefully his condition allows him to return to the board soon.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Fri 11 May 2012, 5:13 pm

I can't honestly say that I'm on here enough to notice many people but, and I mean this 100%, I did notice Windmill and I did read his posts with interest knowing that it'd always be worth my while.

From what I've read on here we all owe him a fair bit of thanks. This is a great board, I wouldn't know half the stuff I do now nor watch the amount I do, nor even enjoy it as much if it wasn't for this place.

Wishing you all the best mate.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Qoxiivi Fri 11 May 2012, 5:18 pm

All the best to Windmill. Quality poster.

Qoxiivi

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri 11 May 2012, 5:21 pm

Not much else I can add, agree with the sentiments 100%.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Fri 11 May 2012, 5:26 pm

All the best Windy, class act.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Fri 11 May 2012, 5:26 pm

From I started reading the old 606 board it has been clear to me the immense depth of knowledge that Windy has on the subject of boxing. However the longer I've been reading and been posting it has became clear that he is 1st and foremost an absolute gentleman and its not too often that something like that can be conveyed over an internet forum. Really felt a sense of regret reading the OP and then the responses.

Good luck Windy and hope to see you recover and back on the board.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 11 May 2012, 5:28 pm

Horrible news, take care mate, hope all goes well.

Galveston.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Fri 11 May 2012, 5:37 pm

A tremendous knowledge of boxing and alway's able to back his own views up constructively, one of the true gentlemen of this boxing forum.

More importantly heartfelt best wishes to you Windy,we're all rooting for you.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 May 2012, 5:47 pm

I'm not a regular poster on the Boxing boards but if there is one sport I have learned so much about in such a short space of time it's Boxing and obviously Windy has been a huge contributor to that education.

The above posts just show how admired and respected Windy is and the warmth on show in this thread is a testament to all of you guys. Pure class.

All the best Windy.

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 11 May 2012, 6:22 pm

i signed up on the old 606 about 6/7 years ago, mainly on the boxing boards. it didnt take me long to notice windy infact he's the first person i can remember from way back in those days. fantastic knowledge of the heavies (a personal favourite of mine aswell) in which i always took time to read his posts, more often than not just seek out his over alot of rubbish that used to be on there. im sure im not the only person that has benefitted and learnt so much from reading windys comments, if it werent for those posts around the time i still wouldnt be that clued up on the early years of heavyweight boxing and still pale against someone like windy. it took me nearly a year of just reading the boards to finally feel like i could join in!! but had great time simply reading the articles

hope everything works out mate and get well, big thanks from me and im sure all the 606/v2 boards will all wish the same. the place wouldnt be the same without you

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaz_Mac Fri 11 May 2012, 6:30 pm

I am a long-time 'voyeur' of both the old 606 and v2. I have never posted before mainly as my knowledge is dwarfed by most on here. I have learned a tremendous amount from reading from several posters.
Wish you all the best Windy, you have been missed over the last few months, so hope to see you back soon. Huge thanks from me for the knowledge and entertainment you have provided a complete stranger for many years!!

Gaz_Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 May 2012, 6:35 pm

This was very sad to hear. I would like to wish him all the best.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Fri 11 May 2012, 6:48 pm

Don't know him as well as some of you, but I've seen a few posts from him on here... very very knowledgeable and I appreciated his posts.

I wish him all the best!

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Fri 11 May 2012, 6:58 pm

My heart sank reading this. Windys easily the best poster i've come into contact with on any forum and a genuinely nice guy too. All the best Windy.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by no-mas Fri 11 May 2012, 7:04 pm

Although I come on here to read every day, I haven't posted in a while and feel this thread deserves a comment from everyone who knows or knows of windy as coming from the old 606 to the much better new forum he has always been the top poster for me, knowledgable and has the banter and people skills to match, Windy, hopefully you are reading all these comments, you are a true gent and hope to see you on here again soon, you have been missed, hope you get better soon

no-mas

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 11 May 2012, 7:05 pm

no-mas wrote:Although I come on here to read every day, I haven't posted in a while and feel this thread deserves a comment from everyone who knows or knows of windy as coming from the old 606 to the much better new forum he has always been the top poster for me, knowledgable and has the banter and people skills to match, Windy, hopefully you are reading all these comments, you are a true gent and hope to see you on here again soon, you have been missed, hope you get better soon

Getting posting no-mas. With the likes of Windy not so much in the mix, we will need people like you even more

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by RANDY77 Fri 11 May 2012, 7:08 pm

no-mas wrote:Although I come on here to read every day, I haven't posted in a while and feel this thread deserves a comment from everyone who knows or knows of windy as coming from the old 606 to the much better new forum he has always been the top poster for me, knowledgable and has the banter and people skills to match, Windy, hopefully you are reading all these comments, you are a true gent and hope to see you on here again soon, you have been missed, hope you get better soon

+1

RANDY77

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 11 May 2012, 7:09 pm

Awk no way. I was thinking about some of the other members who aint been on in quite a while, Coxy, IJK, Windy etc Hope Windy gets back to his old self soon and hope the others are also safe and well Smile
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 May 2012, 7:09 pm

It's fair to say that without Windy, I'd probably never have gotten the Peter Jackson bug. I also lost my step-father recently so the sad news of Windy's is hitting that little bit harder. As everyone else has alluded to, Windy is an absolute gent and I wish him all the best.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 11 May 2012, 7:16 pm

Very sad to hear he is unwell. Whether it be giving me a telling off when iv been silly on here, helping me with a few issues or a bit of West Ham v Cardiff banter Windy has always remained a gentleman and one of lifes good guys so I pass on my regards and best wishes thumbsup

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 11 May 2012, 7:56 pm

The Internet often seems unreal or more accurately seems separate to reality. News like this bring into sharp focus the fact that we are real people typing into a forum however anonymously we chose to do it.

With this news Windy has become a very real person and I wish him all the very best with his current challenges. I have no doubt he will maintain his determined quiet dignity and will approach his illness with a considered level head doing all the right things giving himself the greatest opportunity for recovery. I wish him the best of luck.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Fri 11 May 2012, 8:08 pm

Glad I seen this, but sorry to read the content. Hopefully everything works out, easily the most respected poster of v2 and the beeb 606. An inspiring educator in thsweet science.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 11 May 2012, 8:09 pm

Best wishes windy!

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 May 2012, 8:24 pm

The guy is a rarity- as is often said these days, "a legend" but he really is here!
I just can't get enough of the Windmill, glad to hear he'll be back.

Back to top Go down

Post by skimpton Fri 11 May 2012, 9:59 pm

Although I infrequently post on here I read the Boxing boards most days and was a member on the old BBC 606.
Windy has always impressed me with his knowledge and more recently on 606v2 with the quality of his moderation as well.
I remember that Windy disappeared from the BBC 606 boards for a number of months at one stage and was hugely missed hugely by the guys until he made a no fuss return.

Windy
Many thanks for all your efforts and contributions and hope you are back with us next week.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time.
Skimpton

skimpton

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Fri 11 May 2012, 10:10 pm

Very sorry to hear about you loss Dave!

Windy keep fighting champ ! Never met you sir, but you share my enthusiasm as a lot other fine members do on this beloved sport, I'm sure if you were to walk in a room I'd instantly listen and learn about the game, I wish you all the best.

Take care mate, and look forward to read your posts next week.

tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by rapidringsroad Fri 11 May 2012, 10:48 pm

Thanks for that Adam, I had missed Old Windy. My thoughts are with you windy and hope to see you back on here soon. Mike in New Zealand

rapidringsroad

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Fri 11 May 2012, 10:53 pm

All the very best mate, your love and knowledge of old time fighters is unparalled on this board, and I allways enjoyed reading your posts ,clear that you have a huge depth of knowlegde. Box on Windy.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 11 May 2012, 11:08 pm

Aware I am banned from the board, however I would like to offer my best wishes to human windmill in relation to the shock news recently posted.

Regards

Lumbering_Jack

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next