The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Important - Please Read

+68
Bull
hogey
Fernando
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Eyetoldyouso
two_ton
10 - 1 - 1
spencerclarke
fearlessBamber
Pal Joey
Fists of Fury
Jim Sting
The General
Haito
Neutral Corner
milkyboy
ONETWOFOREVER
Il Gialloblu
Melkor
6oldenbhoy
J.Benson II
Herman Jaeger
joeyjojo618
Dr Gregory House MD
Josef K.
PPVxHOTTY
horizontalhero
rapidringsroad
tcribb
skimpton
BoxingFan88
jimdig
Strongback
Steffan
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
RANDY77
no-mas
paperbag_puncher
Sugar Floyd Louis
Gaz_Mac
compelling and rich
Nico the gman
The Galveston Giant
The Boss
bellchees
manos de piedra
Qoxiivi
KingMonkey
superflyweight
Valero's Conscience
Soldier_Of_Fortune
OasisBFC
Rowley
sodhat
hampo17
Seanusarrilius
as1079
88Chris05
ShahenshahG
JabMachineMK2
Daz
TopHat24/7
School Project
Imperial Ghosty
Mind the windows Tino.
John Bloody Wayne
azania
Adam D
72 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Important - Please Read - Page 2 Empty Important - Please Read

Post by Adam D Fri 11 May 2012, 3:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

Dear members,

As most of you will know, over the last few months, Humanwindmill has been taking a break from these boards.

It is with great sadness that I am now having to write this message to let you know why.

since we set up this board in Jan 2011, Simon and I have become very close. During this time he let myself and a few others know that he had been very ill. Due to his own request for privacy on the matter, we respected his wishes and did not inform the board of the situation. To all intent and purposes, we carried on as usual knwoing that at any time, the worst could happen.

Since the turn of the year, Simons condition has got worse, culminating in him taking the recent hiatus from the board, to allow him to spend time with his family. During this time, Rowley and myself have been in contact with him regularly to monitor the situation and more importantly to see how he wanted any information released.

He is still adamant that he doesnt want a fuss made but Rowley and I have convinced him to let us tell you the members, the gravity of the situation. We are fully aware that most of you have come to consider Simon a friend or at the very least respect his immense knowledge and even handedness in moderating. He has reluctantly agreed - and do not take that as a slight on any of you - the reluctance is due to him wanting minimum fuss made and for the announcement to not overcloud the section.

This announcement is here to keep you informed of his absence and to give you a chance to leave him any messages. He has stated his intention to return to the board next week, condition permitting.

He has also asked that this message is not left on the boxing section for any length of time, as he doesnt want to be the focus of the discussion. And I think that this request sums up sImon the best - he is always thinking of whats best for others and never himself, something that he has shown time and time again over the last 18 months.

On that note, this message will be removed from the boxing section and placed in the general announcement section on Monday.

Final word from me on the matter - I would like to say thank you to Simon for everything that he has done for the board and for me personally. On a v2 point of view, he has driven the section to become what it is today and what has been commended in the forum thread - a place firstly for boxing discussion without the nonsense that comes with other forums. If man was shaped in the form of God, the 606v2 Boxing section was formed in the shape of Simon.

On a personal note, I would like to thank Simon for being who he is. Its not very often that you can make friends with people you havent physically met, but I would consider simon to be one of those. In the face of adversity, he has always remained true to his morals and personality. And for that, I cannot thank him enough.

To the Human Windmill - These may be the final rounds of this fight but this one is going down in history.

Please note that as this is a personal matter, we wont be answering any questions about anything that would be of a private nature, so please dont ask. Windy will hopefully be on the board next week and may or may not give further info. He may decide to talk about boxing only - let's all respect his wishes.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Important - Please Read - Page 2 Empty Re: Important - Please Read

Post by PPVxHOTTY Fri 11 May 2012, 11:20 pm

On the old BBC 606 'theirs always that 1 persons comments we'd read up by roaming through profiles' I would always look at HumanWindmills comments.

My thoughts are with him and best wishes

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by Josef K. Fri 11 May 2012, 11:22 pm

Windy's taught me a hell of a lot here and hopefully will teach me a hell of a lot more. Looking forward to having you back.
All the best, mate.

Josef K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sat 12 May 2012, 2:12 am

I don't really know enough about boxing to activley to contribute to these boards on a regular basis but I often read and I just want to offer my best wishes to Humanwindmill, he's taught me a hell of a lot just by reading through his posts and he strikes me as a real gent.

All the best.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Sat 12 May 2012, 7:11 am

All the best Windy, you are a legend. Looking forward to you sharing your immense boxing knowledge with us again soon.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sat 12 May 2012, 7:33 am

Board not the same without Windy.

Researching the old timers would seem less fun without being able to bounce your ideas off him. Always enlightening to read him, and he's rarely if ever off the money.

It was obvious his output deteriorated in quantity markedly when he took the reigns as moderator. As you'd expect though, he did a sterling job. But I hope when he returns, it is without that responsibility, merely because the debate suffers without him.

Looking forward to have you back Windy.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Sat 12 May 2012, 1:33 pm

Very sad news.
HumanWindmill is the Sugar Ray Robinson of 606.
We all hope he can make a full recovery.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Sat 12 May 2012, 3:17 pm

Would just like to echo the thoughts of everyone else. All the best mate.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sat 12 May 2012, 4:24 pm

Surely, given his name, he's Harry Greb.

Which means decades from now some will question whether he even existed...

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Melkor Sat 12 May 2012, 4:29 pm

Best of wishes to Mr W, whatever the situation is.

Melkor

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Sat 12 May 2012, 4:49 pm

Wiindy...

There's a hell of a lot of people here that have said how much they miss someone they have never met.

Says it all really.

Thank you for being a thoroughly interesting educator, a selflessly fair peacekeeper, a greatly entertaining wit and - more importantly than those things - an absolute gentleman.

All the best mate.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 12 May 2012, 5:20 pm

Hay windy ONETWO here.

Hope you are feeling better and would love to see you back (I thought you left). Get back soon but only when you feel 100% because I have fresh, new, never before seen or heard evidience that Jack Dempsey the Mannasa mauler himself WAS indeed LOADED for his heavyweight title fight with Jess Willard in Toledo New Mexico.

I look forward to debating with you on this SHOCKING development.

I know you're blood is boiling as you read this.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 12 May 2012, 10:54 pm

Windy, I think we all know that I'm the most respected poster on here. People are just being nice. Now we've cleared that up, it's been a genuine pleasure chewing the fat with you down the years and I hope to do so again in the near future. You are a true gent and my thoughts are with you.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutral Corner Sun 13 May 2012, 8:08 am

I am a long time daily reader/exceptionally infrequent poster of this board. In these circumstances however, I feel compelled to leave a few words.

I would like to commend Windy for his even handed, balanced and fair approach to moderation. His vast knowledge of boxing is second to none and it is always a pleasure to read his informed contributions. I think I would echo the thoughts of most when I say that he is a fair mod, a revered poster and above all a genuinely nice guy. A '606' and '606v2' legend. This board misses him dearly.

Take care and best wishes Windy.
NC

Neutral Corner

Back to top Go down

Post by Haito Sun 13 May 2012, 8:28 am

Not really a big contributor on 606v2 but saw this news and wanted to say my bit. I was a frequent member of the old 606 board for 3 years so had a lot of exchanges with Windy and he always conducted himself impeccably. His posts are always passionate,informative, very fair and bang on the money. He is without question the best poster I have ever had the pleasure of debating with. Windy all the best buddy. Your top class and a real gem of a man. Cheers.
Haito
Haito

Back to top Go down

Post by The General Sun 13 May 2012, 8:53 am

Much like many of the guys on here I lurk rather than post for fear of my limited knowledge being picked apart like a serengeti carcass. However I am on this board every day and I have always found Windy to be exactly what all of the above sentiments say he is. So if you're reading this Windy I would like to offer a genuine thanks to you for being such a valuable part of this board, for being a true gentleman and for opening my eyes to another level of boxing knowledge.

All the best to you and your family x

The General

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Sting Sun 13 May 2012, 9:58 am

Aside from the man's peerless knowledge of Boxing, his wit is close to unrivalled.
The way he used to tear WUM's apart on the old board was often a site to behold - just casually dropping in a post someone had written from two years previous to further expose them.

You've taught me a lot about this sport over the last couple of years Windy, and I'd like to wish you and those close to you all the best.
A true gentleman and a scholar.

Jim Sting

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sun 13 May 2012, 12:46 pm

Not much more that can be added, really.

An absolute gent, hero of this forum and is perhaps the primary reason behind my knowledge on many fighters from a bygone era.

Infectious enthusiasm for the sport that has never wilted, wit by the bucket load and one of the nicest people, no scratch that the nicest person, you could ever hope to interact with in such an environment.

Much as the legends of boxing live on, regardless of what takes place in the near future and whether Windy can manage to contribute any further to this forum, his own legend will very much live on in my mind, and in many others, I'm sure. I'm just thankful for getting to know such a great individual and a great lover of boxing.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 13 May 2012, 1:07 pm

I'm very saddened to hear the news about Windy.

I believe he is one of the most knowledgeable and balanced posters on this site and I totally understand what Adam is saying about feeling as though you know somebody even though you've never met face to face.

In September last year, he was one of the first people to send me a condolence PM after I had mentioned that my father had just died. That really blew me away. It means so much to me. Thanks again mate. OK

I hardly ever go on the boxing boards but we had crossed paths a few times on some other threads. I can tell you all that his concern for my well-being was so genuine and heartfelt. It helped me deal with my situation at the time and I shall always remember those incredibly kind words you wrote to me, Windy.

Windy, to me - you're all about what's great in this world.

Kind, compassionate, decent and considerate. You love your sport too and can talk about things 'til the cows come home.

All the best Champ. My thoughts and prayers for you and your family are burning brightly in Australia. I hope to hear from you again soon.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by fearlessBamber Sun 13 May 2012, 2:29 pm

Very sad and worrying news.

HumanWindmill is a gentleman and a scholar. I can honestly say that when he has taken the time to speak to me on the board I have felt truly honoured.

He's a one off original and an island of clarity in the noise of the internet.

fearlessBamber

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Sun 13 May 2012, 9:12 pm

All the best windy. I can only echo all of the comments above. Take it easy mate and get well soon. The board misses you and it's as strong as it is largely because of you.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by 10 - 1 - 1 Sun 13 May 2012, 10:05 pm

I probably fall into the "voyeur" category as i rarely post but I read this board on a daily basis.

I just want to say that although you don't know me Windy, you have taught me so much. I hope all these messages find you in good spirits, best wishes.

10 - 1 - 1
10 - 1 - 1

Back to top Go down

Post by two_ton Sun 13 May 2012, 11:20 pm

'New Member' status but an old returning friend (or enemy, Azania) who hasn't visited for some months (not allowed!).

Have just popped back to see how the old place is doing and just read this. Knew Windy from my time on the old 606, absolute leg-end and over the last 3 years on the boards broadened mine and many others knowledge of the wonderful sport that is boxing. Particularly enjoyed the ding dongs we had with Az from a light hearted point of view.

Is hard to imagine what people are face to face, but I can bet my life savings that he's as good'r man to meet as he comes across on here. Still remember the reaction that we all kicked off about when he was that peeved at another admin he walked out. That in itself is a clear indication to the esteem we hold him in.

Best wishes, C0001

two_ton

Back to top Go down

Post by Eyetoldyouso Mon 14 May 2012, 1:05 am

My very best wishes to a truly knowledgeable and balanced human being.

Eyetoldyouso

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 May 2012, 9:28 am

Very sad to hear about Windy.

I don't usually venture much onto the boxing section, but for them as a community to speak so highly of a poster as a human as well as poster is amazing and the biggest display of respect I have witnessed on any internet forum. I remember when I was a mod and how helpful and supportive you were with the rest of the gang.

I never like reading sad news surrounding anyone on this forum even if I may have had a ding dong with them.

I really do hope you make a full recovery and my thoughts are with you and your family.

A massive thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 14 May 2012, 10:35 am

Can't add anything to what has already been said just wanted to say get well soon mate. Hug
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 May 2012, 2:43 pm

all the best windy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 14 May 2012, 2:52 pm

Not much can really add to what's been said Windy, All i know is this place wouldn't be what it is today without you Windy thumbsup

Hope you get well soon and see you back on the boards thumbsup

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Mon 14 May 2012, 4:11 pm

All the best Windy, keep punching mate and we look forward to seeing you back on here soon.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Mon 14 May 2012, 5:12 pm

get well soon windy

all the best

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 14 May 2012, 5:22 pm

Desperately sad news.

Windy - you were so encouraging and welcoming when this regular cricket poster dared to dabble on the boxing forum. I will always be grateful for that.

I wish you had ventured more to the cricket threads but appreciate your boxing buddies wouldn't let you go. You only have to glimpse the posts above to understand why.

I will always remember having a good chat with you on the cricket board about the Australian swing bowler Bob Massie. Massie was a great for just one summer. You will be a great for all time.

My very best wishes to an unknown friend.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 14 May 2012, 5:26 pm

Never had the chance to meet you Windy but you sound like a top bloke. All I know is that this place is better for having you here. Get well soon mate and hopefully we will meet someday OK
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sat 19 May 2012, 4:16 pm

Without doubt the best poster on 606v2...Windy was the one that knew the most about boxing.

Sad news...I hope he can make a full recovery.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 19 May 2012, 4:22 pm

Thanks for posting this Adam. I'd noticed that I hadn't seen Windy about even though I'd never "spoken" to him directly much as we don't normally meet each other at the same places on the board. I wish him well, and hope that he makes a full recovery.

Best wishes from the Irish Sports and Rugby Union users thumbsup

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2