The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland and Wales now realistic chances in next weeks tests.

+21
Morgannwg
Full Credit
KickAndChase
Bullsbok
RubyGuby
funnyExiledScot
wales606
thebluesmancometh
TycroesOsprey
BigTrevsbigmac
LondonTiger
Tattie Scones RRN
Biltong
Shifty
mystiroakey
George Carlin
emack2
Cryptoyourisan
anotherworldofpain
aucklandlaurie
blackcanelion
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Scotland and Wales now realistic chances in next weeks tests. - Page 2 Empty Scotland and Wales now realistic chances in next weeks tests.

Post by blackcanelion Mon May 28, 2012 1:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

I rate the chances of Scotland and Wales winning next weeks. My reasons are:
1: The super XV plays in the weekend. The wallabies play Scotland and wales on the following Tuesday and Saturday. The Australians will by nature have to mix and match their teams. The likelyhood is that both sides they put out will be understrength.
2: The injury toll is mounting. The latest losses to the squad are Horwell and Beale. There are some players coming back (e.g. Cooper), but some are short of game time.

The squad is:
Ben Alexander, Adam Ashley-Cooper, Berrick Barnes, Quade Cooper, Dave Dennis, Kane Douglas, Anthony Faingaa, Saia Faingaa, Bernard Foley, Will Genia, Michael Harris, Scott Higginbotham, Michael Hooper, Rob Horne, Digby Ioane, Sekope Kepu, Salesi Ma'afu, Pat McCabe, Ben McCalman, Jesse Mogg, Stephen Moore, Luke Morahan, Cadeyrn Neville, Dan Palmer, Wycliff Palu, Nick Phipps, David Pocock, Tatafu Polota-Nau, Hugh Pyle, Benn Robinson, Nathan Sharpe, Dominic Shipperley, Rob Simmons, James Slipper, Sitaleki Timani, Joseph Tomane, Cooper Vuna, Nic White.

Good to see a few kiwis in there.

blackcanelion

Back to top Go down

Scotland and Wales now realistic chances in next weeks tests. - Page 2 Empty Re: Scotland and Wales now realistic chances in next weeks tests.

Post by Full Credit Wed May 30, 2012 2:56 am

I always liked Divvy, he was a people person.

Full Credit

Back to top Go down

Scotland and Wales now realistic chances in next weeks tests. - Page 2 Empty Re: Scotland and Wales now realistic chances in next weeks tests.

Post by George Carlin Wed May 30, 2012 5:37 am

Full Credit wrote:I always liked Divvy, he was a people person.
And those people were psychiatrists. Erm
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed May 30, 2012 5:37 am

Bullsbok wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:P-Divvy posts?

What about P divvy? he was a love to hate character , who entertained the masses, got us a 3 game whitewash over the all blacks,lions series , made some dodgy decisions, peed off Biltong and seemed like a generally nice guy? So what about p divvy are you referring to? Whistle

Hey!

I don't hate him, I just don't think he was a great coach.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed May 30, 2012 5:38 am

Scotland and Wales now realistic chances in next weeks tests. - Page 2 Roflbl10
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Wed May 30, 2012 5:48 am

A people person. Is that another name for skizophrenic?

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed May 30, 2012 5:52 am

I'll also be a people person if you pay me a big wage and let me tour with my favourite team for 4 years.

Hell I'll be the best ambassador this country has ever seen.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Wed May 30, 2012 7:14 am

Tattie Scones RRN wrote:
AlynDavies wrote:I see Scotland getting beaten by all 3 teams, thats not meant to be insulting but having seen Wales play in the south seas over the years especially that 34-9 defeat in the 90's I know how bad it is. I really hope the Scottish havent been caught out by an after dinner kick off because when Samoa did that to Wales we had players collapsing and being sick from heat exaustion, it was so bad Neil Jenkins recieved the ball and actually run towards his own goal posts because he wasnt sure which way to go!

I'm hopeful Australia pick their full side against Scotland but in truth I expect their A side for Scotland and their main players against Wales. Though if Australia do it the other way around and Wales win the first one it might generate some interest in the series. After Australia beating Wales in their last 2 games you wonder if the Australians rate the Welsh team.

It's 2012.

Yup the sun is still as hot in Samoa as it was all those years ago, they hit just as hard as they did in those days too, most of their players are professional all over the world, Wales only just scrapped past them in the world cup, and they only had 3 days rest. While Scotland are a lot worse than they were in 1994! Whistle
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed May 30, 2012 7:18 am

George Carlin wrote:
And those people were psychiatrists. Erm
Careful Very Happy

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Wed May 30, 2012 7:25 am

Alan, I think Tatties point was that players are now professional and perhaps better equipped fitness-wise to deal with heat etc. anyway, things are cooler now in the Pacific. I was there over Xmas and new year a few years ago and even the locals struggled. However, the temperature drops in March so it will be relatively cool.
You are quite right about how hard they hit, though!

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed May 30, 2012 6:10 pm

RubyGuby wrote:
George Carlin wrote:
And those people were psychiatrists, allegedly. I am not saying this, obviously, but suggest that others may possibly have alleged this in an unspecific and unsubstantiated manner . Erm
Careful Very Happy
Have amended. OK
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed May 30, 2012 6:20 pm

George Carlin wrote:
RubyGuby wrote:
George Carlin wrote:
And those people were psychiatrists, allegedly. I am not saying this, obviously, but suggest that others may possibly have alleged this in an unspecific and unsubstantiated manner . Erm
Careful Very Happy
Have amended. OK

George, you need to be more assertive mate.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed May 30, 2012 6:51 pm

biltongbek wrote:
George Carlin wrote:
RubyGuby wrote:
George Carlin wrote:
And those people were psychiatrists, because the man is a fecking lunatic that I wouldn't trust with a pair of scissors. Erm
Careful Very Happy
Have amended. OK

Have amended. OK
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed May 30, 2012 6:52 pm

George Carlin wrote:
biltongbek wrote:
George Carlin wrote:
RubyGuby wrote:
George Carlin wrote:
And those people were psychiatrists, because the man is a fecking lunatic that I wouldn't trust with a pair of scissors. Erm
Careful Very Happy
Have amended. OK

Have amended. OK

Scotland and Wales now realistic chances in next weeks tests. - Page 2 Salute10re
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed May 30, 2012 7:43 pm

George Carlin wrote:
biltongbek wrote:
George Carlin wrote:
RubyGuby wrote:
George Carlin wrote:
Careful Very Happy
Have amended. OK

Have amended. OK

That's aggressive not assertive, it's a common mistake made by many. Tuilagi often confuses them thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2