The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan - show some humility and you might be liked more!!

+16
Kareem61
milkyboy
AdamT
KO-KING
Union Cane
Strongback
AlexHuckerby
Rowley
Sugar Boy Sweetie
TopHat24/7
bellchees
88Chris05
No1Jonesy
ShahenshahG
coxy0001
TRUSSMAN66
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Khan - show some humility and you might be liked more!! Empty Khan - show some humility and you might be liked more!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 3 Dec 2012 - 22:13

Here we go again on ringside the other night.....

"I was pumped all ready for Petersen to get my titles back etc etc"

We get it!!! obviously you weren't all pumped up and ready for Garcia........

It's alright Mate because we know you could never lose a fight in your life!!!

Same with your degrading of Kell Brook on ringside the other week...most guys might have realised they'd been trashed in their last fight and been a bit more classy!!!!

Petersen and Garcia were Roach's fault and you slipped against prescott.....It's alright Son we understand!!!!!

Note to Haroon - Take a good look at your brother's personality...act the complete opposite and you might be as popular as Bruno or Hatton!!!

Molina please trash this guy....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Khan - show some humility and you might be liked more!! Empty Re: Khan - show some humility and you might be liked more!!

Post by coxy0001 Mon 3 Dec 2012 - 22:35

Molina please trash this guy....

Pretty much the first time I've agreed with you Twussy.

Guy thinks he's bigger than he is, isn't in the same realms of the elite and is getting incredibly near to becoming a gateholder a la what Zab Judah has become.

Hope he gets pancaked and Brook demolishes Alexander and the two switch round in getting the big fights. As one can box, bang and take a crack.. the other is a chinless wonder who fights like he's got the chin of Gatti and thinks he's ODLH when it comes to drawing attention to his fights.

C'mon Molina! Yes you can! Yes you can!

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Khan - show some humility and you might be liked more!! Empty Re: Khan - show some humility and you might be liked more!!

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 3 Dec 2012 - 22:39

What did he say now?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by No1Jonesy Mon 3 Dec 2012 - 22:42

This guy at a young age has achieved far more in his life Truss than you ever will.

I aint the biggest fan of him but I don't get caught up nor b!tch and whine over everything he says like a silly little school girl. If he needs to find excuses for his losses to make himself feel better then so be it, what he is saying has no impact on my life what so ever.

He puts his life on the line evrytime he steps through those ropes and out of them he gives back to the community - I wonder what you've ever given back other then Carbon Dioxide after taking up good oxygen??

Now go and get a life

No1Jonesy

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 3 Dec 2012 - 22:45

what he is saying has no impact on my life what so ever

If he said he had been nailing your missus behind your back I think that statement may then be considered redundant.

Just saying, y'know.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 3 Dec 2012 - 22:45

Surely this article must have been co-written along with Coxy, Truss?

Did I imagine Khan making that public statement in which he categorically said that he and he alone took the blame for the Garcia defeat, and that his split with Roach was purely because he felt he just needed a chage, then? Suffice to say, I don't see how simply splitting from your trainer after a defeat automatically means that you're blaming them for your loss.

I personally didn't see Khan "trashing" Brook on Ringside a few weeks back, either. Some good banter back and forth, but no trashing. Khan says he had the better of their sparring back in the day. Brook says it was him who was in command. Khan says he's confident that he'd knock Brook out if they ever meet. Brook replies by saying that he'll be the winner and that he'll make Khan do "that dance" again.

Did I miss something? I thought that such stuff was pretty standard, for God's sake.

Given the highly questionable decision the judges dished out in DC (even with the points deductions, I'm at a loss as to how anyone can give Peterson any more than a draw at best in that fight) as well as the American's subsequent failed drugs test, Khan has every right to feel hard done by with regards to that particular defeat. In comparison, Froch has absolutely nothing to complain about when it comes to his loss with Kessler, wouldn't you agree? And yet those same people who are quick to label Khan a sore loser, an excuse maker etc are, strangely enough, pretty quiet when Froch tells everyone that he fell victim to a "paper decision" against Kessler, and that he'd have definitely got the decision had the fight been in Nottingham.

Sorry Truss, but there are just too many double standards and inconsistencies when it comes to people sticking the boot in to Khan for my liking. I regularly see him mocked and criticised for the same 'crimes' which wouldn't cause anyone to even bat an eyelid had they been carried out by someone else.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Mon 3 Dec 2012 - 22:45

I like Khan.

Sure he runs his mouth too much and has ideas well above his station but he's fun to watch as he could get pancaked at any moment and he is always chasing the big fights which is the right attitude. It really doesn't bother me if he says a few stupid things seeing as there are very few angels in boxing and a lot of the guys people want too see flatten Khan have probably done a whole lot worse than talk themselves up a bit.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 3 Dec 2012 - 22:47

I thought his performance on Ringside when Kell Brook was on was excellent. Cultured, measured and articulate, emphasised how dull Kell was and I liked how upfront he was about mistakes he'd made and flaws in his game.

Haven't seen the more recent Ringside appearance though, if there's been one.

PS: This thread won't go anywhere without Az on the boards.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Mon 3 Dec 2012 - 22:48

Khans problem is he got too much too soon. Olympic hero, big star, millionaire by the time he was 19, he thought he'd made it. Prescott brought him down to earth but then he started training with the elite at Roaches gym and he thought that made him elite - and he started talking as such. He's been hyped up and pampered his whole adult life and doesn't really know how to behave differently.

I think dismissing him as a chinless wonder is a bit harsh - he does have ability and is a very dedicated trainer. Roach started well with him, getting him to fight to his strengths behind a good jab as against Kotelnik & Paulie, but since then he's gradually become more reckless - I think surviving the maidana fight has made him want to take more risks in order to be exciting and it's backfired. He needs to get back to basics - he's tall with a long reach, has fast hands and is a good athlete, if he can start fighting to his strengths again his career will pick up.

Yes he's a bit of a berk, but he's not the first boxer to talk out of his backside and he won't be the last, he's got some glaring flaws that mean he'll never be the p4p elite or Floyd conquerer he was pitching himself as a few years ago, but he's still a decent fighter.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by No1Jonesy Mon 3 Dec 2012 - 22:50

coxy0001 wrote:

If he said he had been nailing your missus behind your back I think that statement may then be considered redundant.

Just saying, y'know.

But he didnt so your comment is redundant

Just saying, y'know.....

No1Jonesy

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 3 Dec 2012 - 22:52

Did he like yours truly mention the naughy 's' word? Did wonder where he'd gone.

And Chris, I assume you saw a different Khan-Peterson fight than most? It was razor thin, it was very close and it's absolutely of zero surprise Khan dropped the decision. To say there was zero way you saw Khan losing is a bit over the top/blinkered - this was a stupidly close fight and there's a case for both winning the fight.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 3 Dec 2012 - 22:53

No1Jonesy wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:

Just saying, y'know.

But he didnt so your comment is redundant

Just saying, y'know.....

Best watch his presser this week then...

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Mon 3 Dec 2012 - 22:56

coxy0001 wrote:

Did he like yours truly mention the naughy 's' word? Did wonder where he'd gone.

And Chris, I assume you saw a different Khan-Peterson fight than most? It was razor thin, it was very close and it's absolutely of zero surprise Khan dropped the decision. To say there was zero way you saw Khan losing is a bit over the top/blinkered - this was a stupidly close fight and there's a case for both winning the fight.

It was a close fight, the deductions swung it in petersons favour though. Add to that the fact Peterson failed a drugs test (for whatever reason) and as chris says khan has every right to feel aggrieved at that one. He can have no excuses for Garcia mind, he was sloppy and got punished.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 3 Dec 2012 - 23:00

My take, Coxy, is that the decision became 'controversial' because it was Peterson on the right end of it. I seriously doubt that such status would have been bestowed upon it had it been Khan who was declared the winner. Taking in to account the early knockdown as well as the points deductions, then Peterson needed to win six rounds that night to take a decision, and I just don't see where he won them. With the deductions taken in to account I can see an argument for Peterson's huffing and puffing to maybe earn a share of the spoils, but that 'win' doesn't sit well with me, particularly in light of the failed drugs test since.

Direct question - why doesn't Froch become the target of your ire when he bemoans the 'robbery' in Cophenhagen?
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 3 Dec 2012 - 23:04

I’m with Chris on this so many double standard when it comes to Khan, a few years ago Hatton wants to fight Floyd and Manny and it is how admirable Ricky is for wanting to step out of his comfort zone and test himself against the best. Khan expresses a similar wish and he is a jumped up little upstart with ideas above his station. Likewise as Chris has said Froch moans about a decision and whilst most tell him to shut up they do it with nowhere near the vitriol Amir attracts.

Watched a documentary on Khan the other week on ITV4 and he is genuinely trying to do some good in his community, has opened a gym for young kids in his area and pumped a lot of his own money into it, but the kid makes one silly or ill considered remark in an interview and he is cast as the devil incarnate.

I saw the ringside interview with Brook and it was the usual pre-fight hype, Khan is the guy who has been operating at world level and has actually won titles at that level but he is the one that gets grief for saying he will spark Brook, how come Brook is not getting any grief for slating a guy who has thus far operated at a level above anything Khan has touched.

Khan is not without faults and could do with engaging his brain on occasions but the amount of hassle he gets for what amounts to little more than not being very bright is way over the top to me. He is normally in good fights, works hard at his game and tries to fight the best, would much prefer to base my opinion of him on this than a couple of dumb comments in an interview.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 3 Dec 2012 - 23:04

Direct question - why doesn't Froch become the target of your ire when he bemoans the 'robbery' in Cophenhagen?

Had Froch losing the fight and haven't backed him up saying he was hard done by?

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Mon 3 Dec 2012 - 23:04

For me Froch vs Dirrell was a alot closer than his loss to Kessler but that often gets overlooked.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 3 Dec 2012 - 23:10

bellchees wrote:For me Froch vs Dirrell was a alot closer than his loss to Kessler but that often gets overlooked.

That fight was a complete mare to score as well.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 3 Dec 2012 - 23:14

coxy0001 wrote:

Had Froch losing the fight and haven't backed him up saying he was hard done by?

But you've been far, far more vocal and scathing in your criticism of Khan complaining about the result than you have Froch, wouldn't you agree?
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Mon 3 Dec 2012 - 23:14

coxy0001 wrote:
bellchees wrote:For me Froch vs Dirrell was a alot closer than his loss to Kessler but that often gets overlooked.

That fight was a complete mare to score as well.

Not an easy one by any means but for me Dirrell done just enough of the cleaner work, if he was a little less negative he could have won it fairly decisively so he has himself to blame a bit. It just irks me when Froch talks about a hometown decision in Denmark when he had that much closer fight go his way and yet Khan gets stick for complaining when he loses a close fight that most think he won and on top of that his opponent failed a drug test.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 3 Dec 2012 - 23:16

88Chris05 wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:

But you've been far, far more vocal and scathing in your criticism of Khan complaining about the result than you have Froch, wouldn't you agree?

It's a hotter topic and Froch hasn't exactly mentioned it at every turn.

He didn't jump up and down like a crazed man on coke about some random guy at ringside. Did he?

There's bitching and moaning like Froch did (and yes, he is in the wrong if he thinks he won that fight and should just keep it shut) and then there's trying to cling on to some desperate hope like Khan does and always will.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 3 Dec 2012 - 23:27

Well, that 'random guy' had no business chatting away to the judges during the fight and had even less business pointing out what was being written on the scorecards, I'd say. Why should Khan not be abllowed to point out that there were some dubious irregularities in that fight? Subtract your dislike for Khan out of the equation and surely you'd agree that the sight of that man conversing with judges during the fight, getting his hands on the scorecards and then being pictured celebrating with Peterson and his team afterwards is cause enough for some degree of suspicion?
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 3 Dec 2012 - 23:37

88Chris05 wrote:Well, that 'random guy' had no business chatting away to the judges during the fight and had even less business pointing out what was being written on the scorecards, I'd say. Why should Khan not be abllowed to point out that there were some dubious irregularities in that fight? Subtract your dislike for Khan out of the equation and surely you'd agree that the sight of that man conversing with judges during the fight, getting his hands on the scorecards and then being pictured celebrating with Peterson and his team afterwards is cause enough for some degree of suspicion?

If it was such a massive issue then how comes there was no police action? That the result still stands? That no-one was banned from boxing for life? Khan made a load of noise about 1 judge - 1 judge. The only thing that happened is the WBA (from memory) ordered a rematch.

Thing is he jumped all over 1 scorecard and that random guy like that was the sole reason he lost. If memory serves me right, and feel completely free to jump in at any point - there was another judge who scored the fight for LP?!?!?!?!? Call me crazy, but that's how I remember it.

I also remember about 2 weeks of constant whinging across all TV stations and generally every media outlet.

Froch whinging vs Khan whinging = Khan by first round, first minute hallowing KO.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 3 Dec 2012 - 23:47

Rotherham Joe Gans wrote:I’m with Chris on this so many double standard when it comes to Khan, a few years ago Hatton wants to fight Floyd and Manny and it is how admirable Ricky is for wanting to step out of his comfort zone and test himself against the best. Khan expresses a similar wish and he is a jumped up little upstart with ideas above his station. Likewise as Chris has said Froch moans about a decision and whilst most tell him to shut up they do it with nowhere near the vitriol Amir attracts.

Ricky was pretty much undisputed divisional #1 and was selling out massive arenas so brought massive money to the table. Khan has never had either of those atttributes. Also, from memory, Ricky was never caught out clammering for those fights whilst over-looking his scheduled opponenet - which, I think, is part of what has irked people about Khan.

Also, re Froch, maybe not the vitriol but he certainly gets a lot of stick for claiming Denmark was a robbery. Has diminished slightly over time thanks to his ex-post achievements (again, something Khan has failed to match) but he was definitely getting some heavy flack at the time.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 3 Dec 2012 - 23:51

88Chris05 wrote:Well, that 'random guy' had no business chatting away to the judges during the fight and had even less business pointing out what was being written on the scorecards, I'd say. Why should Khan not be abllowed to point out that there were some dubious irregularities in that fight? Subtract your dislike for Khan out of the equation and surely you'd agree that the sight of that man conversing with judges during the fight, getting his hands on the scorecards and then being pictured celebrating with Peterson and his team afterwards is cause enough for some degree of suspicion?

Personally I still think there was something very very fishy about all that, subterfuge by the IBF as 'the man in the hat' was their man and, most damningly, they refused to admonish LP after his failed drugs test or takeaway his belt. Just went with "we'll see what the WBC do" and then let time takes its toll, doing nothing and waiting for it all to blow over.

Was very disappointed Team Khan and GBP didn't carry-on with the hearing - anyone know why? Could have been a sensational expose!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 3 Dec 2012 - 23:54

Police action? How often does that crop up in boxing for any reason at all? There was no police action with regards to Margarito's loaded gloves, either. That doesn't mean that there isn't reason to be suspicious, or that Khan has no right to feel hard done by.

So let me clarify this, Coxy; as far as you're concerned, 'hat man' and his presence wasn't at all unusual or a cause for concern, and you'd say the same had it been any other fighter aside from Khan in that position?

I can only assume you believe hugely in coincidence; the uncommon points deductions (which, by the way, I think Khan can't complain too much about, but they remain uncommon all the same), the mystery hat man conversing with the judges and then celebrating with Peterson and his team afterwards, the decision itself and then, to top it all off, Peterson's failed drugs test - and yet, you still maintain that Khan was in no way dealt a bad hand, and that he has no reason to feel aggrieved or that he was fighting just a touch more than Peterson himself?
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 3 Dec 2012 - 23:58

The judge commissioner or whatever he was called refused to appear or explain what went on and whoever was his superior refused to compel him. basically a hearing with only petersons side being heard

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 3 Dec 2012 - 23:59

In all fairness Top hat, when Khan first started mentioning Floyd with anything like regularity was when he beat Judah, as that was a unification and the only fight left for him at the weight was Bradley who didn't seem to want it I maintain Khan was well within his rights to target Floyd or Manny but he was getting dogs abuse for it at this time.

Lets not kid ourselves here there are double standards when it comes to Khan, I saw sod all in the Ward Froch fight to suggest to me the result would be different next time round but if Froch starts targetting a rematch with Ward you know as well as me he will not get one tenth of the vitriol Amir got

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 4 Dec 2012 - 0:02

coxy0001 wrote:

If it was such a massive issue then how comes there was no police action? That the result still stands? That no-one was banned from boxing for life? Khan made a load of noise about 1 judge - 1 judge. The only thing that happened is the WBA (from memory) ordered a rematch.

Thing is he jumped all over 1 scorecard and that random guy like that was the sole reason he lost. If memory serves me right, and feel completely free to jump in at any point - there was another judge who scored the fight for LP?!?!?!?!? Call me crazy, but that's how I remember it.

I also remember about 2 weeks of constant whinging across all TV stations and generally every media outlet.

Froch whinging vs Khan whinging = Khan by first round, first minute hallowing KO.
Khan and his team said this statement time and time again

"We aren't accusing anyone in boxing of anything we just want to get the to the bottom of why he was able to talk to the officials"
Which I'm pretty confident anyone would want to.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue 4 Dec 2012 - 0:15

We aren't accusing anyone in boxing of anything we just want to get the to the bottom of why he was able to talk to the officials

His Twitter account and various interviews painted a slightly more desperate yappy picture than this simple honest statement.

And yes Chris, Khan had a right to wonder what was going on. To bleat about it in the way he did is my point and where the issue lies. You try to compare Khan to Froch and my various opinions on both but seem to miss the boat when I say Khan outwhinged Froch by a 120-108 margin - hence the extra vitriol for Khan.

The guy in the hat didn't determine the outcome of the fight, Khan convinced himself he did (and yes, he was right to wonder who he was and get clarification on it) and seemed to forget there was another judge who scored the fight for the other lad. Must have forgotten his favourite red pen or something, can't quite remember Khans excuse for the other guy... was it the pen or that he was wearing the wrong socks? Can't remember.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue 4 Dec 2012 - 0:22

Can I just add the issue surrounding Vettel's 'possible' illegal overtake on the Toro Rosso under yellow flags in Brazil shows how people with a brain handle the situation. You didn't see Alonso jumping up and down like a rabbid monkey, he instead said they would take a look and ask the FIA for clarification. He has accepted their findings and moved on.

He didn't go on every TV station and bleat about it, did he?

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 4 Dec 2012 - 0:31

coxy0001 wrote:You try to compare Khan to Froch and my various opinions on both but seem to miss the boat when I say Khan outwhinged Froch by a 120-108 margin - hence the extra vitriol for Khan.

Of course Khan 'whinged' more than Froch, which is to be expected seeing as Khan clearly had a few reasons to harbour misgivings over the result, whereas Froch had none.

Besides, I'm actually struggling to remember when Khan last 'whinged' about the Peterson fight anyhow. I certainly haven't heard him comment on it over the past few months and if he has, then no doubt it would have been a reply to a question put directly to him.

As Rowley has already pointed out, Khan was well within his rights to try and put himself in the shop window for a fight with Floyd at the time of those statements; he'd moved heaven and earth to try and get the fight with Bradley, had beaten some very decent names in Maidana and Judah in the few months previously and had made a reasonable name for himself in America. His right to a mega fight with Mayweather was certainly no more flimsy than that of Ortiz, for instance.

Naturally, the Peterson and Garcia setbacks have derailed that for the time being, which is precisely why Khan hasn't been making those noises about a Mayweather fight since. It seems that this has been lost on some people, however, who find it much easier to accuse him of still being "delusional" as if he's been shouting about facing Floyd from the rooftops throughout 2012.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue 4 Dec 2012 - 0:35

some very decent names in Maidana and Judah

Take Judah back right now! Do it! Really, really pishes me off when that's considered a good win against a guy who hasn't won a meaningful fight in how many years?!

And I can guarantee he drops the names of the usual candidates he thinks he's ready to mix it with at some point post fight with Molina (am assuming he doesn't get beaten by someone quite that average).

Guarantee it.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 4 Dec 2012 - 0:45

"Now go and get a life!!"

got one Mate but I'm allowed to give my opinion on Khan the same way you are allowed to insult me...

Freedom of speech it's called...now get lost!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Tue 4 Dec 2012 - 0:49

I think when most fighters around the 140-154 zones put some decent results together they all start talking about fighting Floyd - it's only natural as he's top dog. There's been speak of Guerrero for example being Floyds next opponent which is a fight I'd like to see, but do his recent victories over Aydin, Katsidas & Berto give him anymore right to talk about it than Khans over Kotelnik, Paulie, Judah & Maidana? On paper no, but I bet the Ghost wouldn't receive a fraction of the criticism khan did when he did the same. It's all about who you like and don't like, and as fans we can be very hypocritical in defending a fighter we like whilst lambasting one we don't like for similar offences.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 4 Dec 2012 - 0:52

If we're going to subtract Judah as a good win on Khan's ledger than we'd better do the same with Froch's win over Johnson, then. Those fights took place around the same time and, of course, Froch was given much more credit for outscoring a forty-two year old former champion, fighting out of his best weight class, than Khan was for stopping a thirty-three year old current world champion fighting within his best weight class.

Judah was a good win; he was bringing the IBF belt to the table, was perhaps the only time that Khan's faced a man with quicker hands than himself, was coming off one of his better performances in recent years against Mabuza and had seemingly had a bit of a rejuvination under the coaching of Whitaker. Mind you, what constitutes a 'good win' does tend to change dramatically in your eyes depending on whether or not you like the fighter in question as we've seen before, so I suppose I should have expected that.

And if Khan does beat Molina and then say he wants to fight Mayweather afterwards, so what? Why should anyone have a problem with it? He wants to fight the biggest and best names out there - good on him, I say. It's not viable right now, but it has been before and it may well be again. Come back and gloat if he namedrops the big guns around the time of the Molina fight all you want if it makes you happy - it's not me who is bothered by it or thinks it's out of order, it's you. And I just don't see why it should offend you so much.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 4 Dec 2012 - 0:53

I don't mind him talking about Floyd but...

1. He called a legend a coward..

2. Used the race card as the reason he went to America..

3. Forgetting that the whole reason he was on PPV was because he was from an ethnic origin that was new to Boxing success.

DelaHoya didn't headline ppv until after he was a champion!!!

The whole reason he left Roach was to put the past behind him and claim a CLEAN SLATE!!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue 4 Dec 2012 - 0:53

To be fair RG has just beaten a top ranked WW and is now rated #3 in the Ring rankings........

Just checked and can't see Khan's name there.....

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Tue 4 Dec 2012 - 0:59

coxy0001 wrote:To be fair RG has just beaten a top ranked WW and is now rated #3 in the Ring rankings........

Just checked and can't see Khan's name there.....

No but when he was calling out mayweathers name he'd just beaten four top 10 ranked light welters on the bounce and the no1 in the division was avoiding him, so my point is that on paper khan had as much right to expect to get a Floyd fight as Guerrero does now, or Ortiz did a year ago, it's just the like/dislike factor that determines who gets criticised for calling out Floyd & who doesn't.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue 4 Dec 2012 - 1:03

And RG has beaten the best opponent behind Pacquiao and FMJ... Ortiz had beaten Berto who was the best behind the aforementioned 2 fighters...

See where I'm going with this?

Hatton had to move up and face Collazo, RG has done the same. Khan hasn't. That's fact. That's not a like/dislike factor.

Comprende?

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 4 Dec 2012 - 1:06

coxy0001 wrote:
We aren't accusing anyone in boxing of anything we just want to get the to the bottom of why he was able to talk to the officials

His Twitter account and various interviews painted a slightly more desperate yappy picture than this simple honest statement.

And yes Chris, Khan had a right to wonder what was going on. To bleat about it in the way he did is my point and where the issue lies. You try to compare Khan to Froch and my various opinions on both but seem to miss the boat when I say Khan outwhinged Froch by a 120-108 margin - hence the extra vitriol for Khan.

The guy in the hat didn't determine the outcome of the fight, Khan convinced himself he did (and yes, he was right to wonder who he was and get clarification on it) and seemed to forget there was another judge who scored the fight for the other lad. Must have forgotten his favourite red pen or something, can't quite remember Khans excuse for the other guy... was it the pen or that he was wearing the wrong socks? Can't remember.

Should also add that the man in the hat wasn't even talking to the judges (or a judge in particular) from memory, it was the fight commissioner/adjudicator or whatever he's called.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Tue 4 Dec 2012 - 1:14

coxy0001 wrote:And RG has beaten the best opponent behind Pacquiao and FMJ... Ortiz had beaten Berto who was the best behind the aforementioned 2 fighters...

See where I'm going with this?

Hatton had to move up and face Collazo, RG has done the same. Khan hasn't. That's fact. That's not a like/dislike factor.

Comprende?

Wind your neck in with the condescension Coxy.

Guerrero has beaten Aydin, Kats & Berto (who was beat by Ortiz). Khan beat Kotelnik, Paulie, Judah & Maidana, all top 10 ranked light welters at the time. On paper there isn't much difference, except khan hasn't fought at 147 whereas RG has, once. I don't recall Khan ever saying he wanted Mayweather next, just that he was aiming for him within the next couple of years - he always said he'd have a couple of fights at welter first. There's really not much difference except RG is pallatable and Khan isn't (to you at least).

I'm not even a huge fan of khan, never have been, but it is true that he gets a rougher ride for doing/saying things that other fighters get away with, and the fact is when he was in good form and a world champion he was within his rights to talk about meeting Floyd down the line.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 4 Dec 2012 - 1:19

Hatton didn't get a fight with Mayweather on the basis of moving up to Welter to face Collazo. His two fights prior to fighting Floyd had been at 140. Likewise, Marquez hadn't even stepped above Lightweight before taking on Mayweather.

A fella of Guerrero's size going up to Welter and outscoring a ranked operator at the weight in Berto is impressive, but let's not act as if Mayweather only takes on those who have impeccable Welterweight credentials here. Khan-Mayweather in late 2011 would have been a perfectly legitimate match up.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Tue 4 Dec 2012 - 1:23

88Chris05 wrote:Hatton didn't get a fight with Mayweather on the basis of moving up to Welter to face Collazo. His two fights prior to fighting Floyd had been at 140. Likewise, Marquez hadn't even stepped above Lightweight before taking on Mayweather.

A fella of Guerrero's size going up to Welter and outscoring a ranked operator at the weight in Berto is impressive, but let's not act as if Mayweather only takes on those who have impeccable Welterweight credentials here. Khan-Mayweather in late 2011 would have been a perfectly legitimate match up.

Unless we're saying lower weight fighters have to move up and beat the second best in the division to get a shot at the man - in which case Duran had no business climbing in with SRL. Or perhaps this new unwritten rule only applies to khan...
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue 4 Dec 2012 - 1:38

Welcome back Azania.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 4 Dec 2012 - 1:39

Phew...wondered who was going to play Az's race card with him away......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 4 Dec 2012 - 1:42

Lads, I've removed those posts talking about how some here have 'issues' with race, as well as the insults which ensued. Stick within house rules please, particularly as there's sod all reason to bring race up here.

Cheers.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 4 Dec 2012 - 1:42

Us constantly deleting attempts to steer this debate away from issues of race is somewhat undermined if you're all going to keep quoting the offending posts.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Tue 4 Dec 2012 - 1:47

Rotherham Joe Gans wrote:Us constantly deleting attempts to steer this debate away from issues of race is somewhat undermined if you're all going to keep quoting the offending posts.

To be fair Jeff we can only quote them whilst they are there which means they hadn't been deleted, so how could we know not to quote them because they'd been deleted if they're still there?! Erm
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 4 Dec 2012 - 1:54

Truss has history...couldn't help it.

My apologies.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next