The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6 Nations Caption Competition - And the winner is ....

+26
aucklandlaurie
Hound_of_Harrow
mystiroakey
McLaren
thebluesmancometh
mckay1402
Irishhoneymonster
PJHolybloke
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
theundisputedY2D2
Driver
Roller_Coaster
JDizzle
JuliusHMarx
ShahenshahG
R!skysports
Glas a du
Luckless Pedestrian
Biltong
Bathman_in_London
Effervescing Elephant
barragan
Dr Gregory House MD
super_realist
Taffineastbourne
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
30 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

6 Nations Caption Competition - And the winner is .... - Page 2 Empty 6 Nations Caption Competition - And the winner is ....

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:17 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://v2journal.com/15/post/2013/01/6-nations-caption-competition-with-front-up-rugby.html

Spoiler:

Thanks to our good friends at Front Up Rugby we have a 6-Nations t-shirt and pair of socks to give away to the person who comes up with the best caption for the picture on the left.

Front Up have just launched their 2013 Six Nations range so please do check out the range at www.frontup.co.uk. You can also get £5 off a purchase by signing up to their newsletter at http://www.frontup.co.uk/subscribe.

To enter post your caption as a comment on this thread.

Entries close at midnight UK on Monday February 4th 2013, with the winner announced Tuesday 5th February 2013. Judges' decision is final.

Last edited by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

6 Nations Caption Competition - And the winner is .... - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Nations Caption Competition - And the winner is ....

Post by Taffineastbourne Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:16 pm

Playing Rugby handcuffed together is a challenge.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

6 Nations Caption Competition - And the winner is .... - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Nations Caption Competition - And the winner is ....

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:38 am

Referee.

"Whoa, time out boys. Defending champions, Strokosch and Ansbro, haven't arrived for the UK headbutting championship yet."

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:40 am

"And the guy who caught the one last week, took it home and got $50 for it on Ebay.."

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:40 am

Croft "Rhys, how about I hide the sausage THERE..."
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:40 am

Chaos ensued when George remembered that Rhys owed him a tenner.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vicenzolaquilarugby Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:50 am

Italia champ Wales chump haha

vicenzolaquilarugby

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:51 am

Group hug!!
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:03 pm

As we are deep into Fergie time it is expected that a Man Utd victory is on the cards! Rolling Eyes

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:56 pm

Taffineastbourne wrote:As we are deep into Fergie time it is expected that a Man Utd victory is on the cards! Rolling Eyes

I'm collating the Judges' votes at the moment Taff.

However I can reveal that the voting short list was:

• Richie Mccaw's cloaking device enabled him to mischievously cause havoc in last year's 6Nations by TaffinEastbourne

• English players scramble to interfere with Leigh Halfpenny's imminent attempt at the newly adopted "Groin Thrust Volley Goal" by IrishHoneyMonster

• The Western Mail's 'Spot the Ball' competition hadn't been fully thought through... by Glas a Du
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:33 pm

Pete C (Kiwireddevil) wrote:
Taffineastbourne wrote:As we are deep into Fergie time it is expected that a Man Utd victory is on the cards! Rolling Eyes

I'm collating the Judges' votes at the moment Taff.

However I can reveal that the voting short list was:

• Richie Mccaw's cloaking device enabled him to mischievously cause havoc in last year's 6Nations by TaffinEastbourne

• English players scramble to interfere with Leigh Halfpenny's imminent attempt at the newly adopted "Groin Thrust Volley Goal" by IrishHoneyMonster

• The Western Mail's 'Spot the Ball' competition hadn't been fully thought through... by Glas a Du

Pete,thanks for the heads up.I really need a new t-shirt as mine seem to have shrunk in the wash!!! Whistle

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:02 am

Hurmph

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:52 am

I like glas's

hehe

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:15 pm

mystiroakey wrote:I like glas's

hehe
I prefer mine Whistle

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:18 pm

Taffineastbourne wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:I like glas's

hehe
I prefer mine Whistle

While prefer mine Shocked

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:15 pm

I feel abit thick Taff- but i dont even get your one!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:45 pm

mystiroakey wrote:I feel abit thick Taff- but i dont even get your one!!
That would explain quite a lot! Hug
Richie Mccaw allegedly gets away with infringements which referees are unable to spot.A Klingon cloaking device would render him invisible which would facilitate his wrongdoing when playing for the AB's and allow him to get up to mischief in other games.
I hope this helps but I gave up teaching as I felt that I was not getting myself understood! Wink

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:59 pm

Yeah still unsure..

Thanks for the explanation Jeidi(is that from the wrong star series thingy magik)

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:08 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Yeah still unsure..

Thanks for the explanation Jeidi(is that from the wrong star series thingy magik)
It appears that I was right to give up teaching Shocked

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:24 pm

Nah you just cant teach me,.,

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:39 pm

There must be a lot of votes or Kiwi cannot get his mitts off!

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:10 am

Pete C (Kiwireddevil) wrote:http://v2journal.com/15/post/2013/01/6-nations-caption-competition-with-front-up-rugby.html

Spoiler:

Thanks to our good friends at Front Up Rugby we have a 6-Nations t-shirt and pair of socks to give away to the person who comes up with the best caption for the picture on the left.

Front Up have just launched their 2013 Six Nations range so please do check out the range at www.frontup.co.uk. You can also get £5 off a purchase by signing up to their newsletter at http://www.frontup.co.uk/subscribe.

To enter post your caption as a comment on this thread.

Entries close at midnight UK on Monday February 4th 2013, with the winner announced Tuesday 5th February 2013. Judges' decision is final.

Sorry for the delay all, for various reasons I've not been online much since Thursday.

Anyways

drumroll drumroll drumroll drumroll drumroll drumroll drumroll

The winner of our Front Up Rugby caption competition is ...
drumroll drumroll drumroll drumroll drumroll drumroll drumroll
Richie Mccaw's cloaking device enabled him to mischievously cause havoc in last year's 6Nations
by TaffinEastbourne
clap clap clap clap clap clap

TaffinEastbourne, I'm about to PM you as well, but can you please drop me a note with your details & preferred t-shirt& size so we can arrange postage. As I'm on a flight to NZ tonight please cc Adam D as well Smile

Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:32 am

Errrr.. stewards enquirey on that one.

But well done anyway sir Taffy clap

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:00 pm

Bravo! Well done Taff. That was my favourite I have to say, even though with so many entries you had to come up with one decent one...

Very Happy
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:02 pm

Cheers all!
Every one was a gem!

Last edited by Taffineastbourne on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:06 pm

Glad to see my 1 vote carried so much weight. Whistle

Well done taffin.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:13 pm

Cheers,Bilt.
I'll buy you a half next time that you are in Eastbourne!

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:17 pm

Well done Taff...geez Ritchie Mccaw manages to make his presence even when hes not around!

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:49 pm

Congrats Taff. A worthy winner.

thumbsup

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:57 pm

Ta muchly!

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Wed May 01, 2013 1:44 pm

Received my "goodies" today!Brilliant.They have kindly added a Lions t shirt which is FANTASTIC! MANY THANKS.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2